PDA

View Full Version : Stanzi.....

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Am i missing something with him I liked what I saw from him this pteseason. Why are we so quick to give up on him. He isnt brodie croyle is he. I think between the three orton, cassel, and stanzi qb should not be a top priority unless by some miracle rg iii is there at 15 which is where i think well pick.

KCraised
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Am i missing something with him I liked what I saw from him this pteseason. Why are we so quick to give up on him. He isnt brodie croyle is he. I think between the three orton, cassel, and stanzi qb should not be a top priority unless by some miracle rg iii is there at 15 which is where i think well pick.

I think Stanzi looked better than Palko in preseason and should've gotten the backup role. I'm wondering what all of the avoidance of considering playing him is all about. I heard a pretty lengthly interview with him and he is a sharp confident but humble kid. I wanna see what he can do.

Jrudi
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
They know more than we do, and just might not be that confident in him yet....

He would have gotten his shot if we hadn't picked up Orton, but with that signing, it pushed him back again.

TopekaRoy
12-30-2011, 03:39 PM
They know more than we do, and just might not be that confident in him yet....

He would have gotten his shot if we hadn't picked up Orton, but with that signing, it pushed him back again.
This. I don't think they have given up on him at all. It seems like most of the fans have though.

Remember because of the lockout, this was a very short preseason and we had to get the starters ready in a hurry. Right after Cassell was hurt, Orton fell into our laps and Stanzi never got a chance to even work out as a backup.

Give him a full off season with training camp, OTAs and voluntary workouts, etc., and we should have a much better feel for what he can do next year.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
This. I don't think they have given up on him at all. It seems like most of the fans have though.

Remember because of the lockout, this was a very short preseason and we had to get the starters ready in a hurry. Right after Cassell was hurt, Orton fell into our laps and Stanzi never got a chance to even work out as a backup.

Give him a full off season with training camp, OTAs and voluntary workouts, etc., and we should have a much better feel for what he can do next year.

With that said then a qb, which alot of people want, is somethin we really dont need to address this off season.

I like stanzi i hope it works out, would be the first qb we have developed in a while.

Jrudi
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM

Was doing some research on Stanzi and Found this article: Is Ricky Stanzi the Next Tom Brady? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/iowa-hawkeyes-ricky-stanzi-tom-brady-nfl-draft-quarterback-class-040511)

Most would think this comparrison comes from the fact the Pioli drafted him.... but this article was actually written before last years draft.

Coincidence that Pioli was the GM who took a shot on him? I think not, Now I'm not saying that Stanzi is our next Tom Brady, but I'd be pressed to say that if an analyst compared his situation to that of Tom Brady, you have to think that the guy that chose to draft him saw some similarities as well.

I know Stanzi hasn't had the shot yet, but I do agree with the above post about the shortened off-season, I think one of the biggest mistakes GM's and Coaches make today is throwing young QB's in before they are ready, or tossing them into situations with a bad supporting cast (skill players, o-line, and defense) and expecting them to be the savior of a franchise (Ex: Gabbert and Ponder this year)

Maybe they do see something in him, and maybe they just want to wait until the right time to give him a shot, and know that they may potentially screw it up if they put him in to early. Who knows, maybe he does well enough to become the backup next season instead of 3rd on the depth chart... Maybe the Patriot Way has followed Pioli to KC and at the Beginning of next season and Cassel get's knocked out in game one, and Stanzi is prepped, ready for the job, and take's it and runs with it....

We can hope can't we...

wolfpack
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
blame haily for sticking with useless palko. stanzi should have had his chance then. he may never get to see his chance in a kc jersey.

KCraised
12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
With that said then a qb, which alot of people want, is somethin we really dont need to address this off season.

I like stanzi i hope it works out, would be the first qb we have developed in a while.

That's the thing. We talk about 1st rd drafts of qbs but what about this guy. He had a really long highlight reel. I got a feeling this is another diamond. We really need to see him in a regular season game situation...Denver. The game doesnt count and we would benefit from a loss, anyways. Hate to say that but we need to look ahead towards next year. I wanna see Stanzi. Thats a piece of the puzzle we need to know about, before we start trying to make other pieces fit.

#58ChiefsFan
12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
That's the thing. We talk about 1st rd drafts of qbs but what about this guy. He had a really long highlight reel. I got a feeling this is another diamond. We really need to see him in a regular season game situation...Denver. The game doesnt count and we would benefit from a loss, anyways. Hate to say that but we need to look ahead towards next year. I wanna see Stanzi. Thats a piece of the puzzle we need to know about, before we start trying to make other pieces fit.

Since we don't know who the HC is going to be after Sunday unfortunatly that trumps all evaluation. We are not really in a position to evaluate with Romeo trying to win this last game to make a case for his HC bid.

Coach
12-30-2011, 06:41 PM
blame haily for sticking with useless palko. stanzi should have had his chance then. he may never get to see his chance in a kc jersey.
Agreed. Stanzi should have Played already. But he didn't and it cost Haley his job. I will never understand why he stuck with Palko for as long as he did.

TopekaRoy
12-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Was doing some research on Stanzi and Found this article: Is Ricky Stanzi the Next Tom Brady? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/iowa-hawkeyes-ricky-stanzi-tom-brady-nfl-draft-quarterback-class-040511)
Great find and a very good read. I'm really excited about Stanzi after reading that.

NO, no, no!

And Herm agrees with me.
Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever! - YouTube

KCraised
12-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Since we don't know who the HC is going to be after Sunday unfortunatly that trumps all evaluation. We are not really in a position to evaluate with Romeo trying to win this last game to make a case for his HC bid.

Maybe not.....so many variables play into it now, after there was immediate success against GB. I hope they sift through all of this extremely carefully *prays*

KCraised
12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Great find and a very good read. I'm really excited about Stanzi after reading that.

NO, no, no!

And Herm agrees with me.
Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&noredirect=1)

FINE!!!! Lol

okikcfan
12-30-2011, 10:10 PM
just win baby!

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2011, 02:47 AM
Unless something truly surprising happens in the draft, I think Stanzi will be around for a while.

Palko has to be history, and I still have a hard time imagining Cassel and Orton both being on the roster at the start of the season. If one of them goes, then we'd be left with just 2 QBs.....not a happy situation.

I don't have a hard time seeing Stanzi as our #2 next year.

Chiefster
12-31-2011, 10:26 AM

NO, no, no!

And Herm agrees with me.
Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&noredirect=1)

Wow! I've never seen this video posted here before in anyway, shape or form! :D

TopekaRoy
12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow! I've never seen this video posted here before in anyway, shape or form! :D
That video should be one of the "smilies!"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XTVAPg0yVZA/Toho_kJ6aJI/AAAAAAAADTE/FxB3QlJIZUY/s320/edwards_herman0108.jpg

Chiefster
01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
That video should be one of the "smilies!"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XTVAPg0yVZA/Toho_kJ6aJI/AAAAAAAADTE/FxB3QlJIZUY/s320/edwards_herman0108.jpg

:lol:

Call it the Germinator.

okikcfan
01-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Orton will be leaving. I think Stanzi will round up at number two next season with Cassel at the helm unless Pioli brings in another vet to compete or Stanzi does really well in preseason. Pioli and Hunt have seen what we have seen this year with Cassel and I'm sure are not pleased. Cassel may get better with Haley out of the picture and a new OC in place. I hope anyway. This is the time of year I hate the most. Waiting and wondering...

AkChief49
01-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I think Orton will be leaving. I think Stanzi will round up at number two next season with Cassel at the helm unless Pioli brings in another vet to compete or Stanzi does really well in preseason. Pioli and Hunt have seen what we have seen this year with Cassel and I'm sure are not pleased. Cassel may get better with Haley out of the picture and a new OC in place. I hope anyway. This is the time of year I hate the most. Waiting and wondering...

This is why I would give him(MC) another chance. See what his game is like with out Haley in the mix.

okikcfan
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Like him or Hate him, we may not have much choice. I have never been a big fan of Cassel, I'm not a hater but now that time has passed and Haley is gone, I can't help but wonder if Haley wasn't holding him back? All in all after FA and the draft, the "Chiefs Will" be a better team, just maybe, Cassel could be a better QB. Time may tell...

ctchiefsfan
01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I think Orton will be leaving.

That seems to be the rumor. I read somewhere an interview with Orton after the game and while he didn't say anything definitive, he was making noises like he didn't expect to be back in KC next year.

I'd like to see him stay and let Cassel and him battle it out, but I see Orton wanting a starting job pretty much guaranteed and I don't see Hunt/Pioli paying the kind of money it would take to keep them both.

If Orton does go, that leaves us with just 2 QBs (assuming that Palko is history) so we would probably looking to pick up another in the draft or perhaps a veteran FA. Although, if we are thinking veteran FA then why not just keep Orton?

okikcfan
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I just felt that Orton wants to be guaranteed a starting job and out of respect to Cassel the Chiefs won't give him that up front. He has done pretty good being with the team for such a short time so I think the offers will be there for him to consider.

ctchiefsfan
01-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I just felt that Orton wants to be guaranteed a starting job and out of respect to Cassel the Chiefs won't give him that up front. He has done pretty good being with the team for such a short time so I think the offers will be there for him to consider.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. If Orton had lit up the scoreboard and scored 20-30 points per game he started things might be different, but ultimately in 3 starts the Orton led offense averaged 13 points per game. What team is going to give up on their $60 mill QB for a guy that scores 13 points per game?

All that said, I'd still like to see them battle it out next summer.

tornadospotter
01-03-2012, 12:48 AM
There is QB in GB that looked rather well this last regular season games. Could we maybe or want to get him? The Packers must know that with his performance, teams will be looking! I would trade a QB for him!

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 12:52 AM
There is QB in GB that looked rather well this last regular season games. Could we maybe or want to get him? The Packers must know that with his performance, teams will be looking! I would trade a QB for him!

Oh but hes only good because of the team hes on the system hes in and all the talent they have....im kidding i like him, he played welast yr too. He wont be cheap.

tornadospotter
01-03-2012, 12:58 AM
:lol:

Call it the ############.
My virus scan blocked this, due to personal recommendation! Please run a scan and delete any files that maybe infected, with a herm file!

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
File probably had a "worm" in it!!!