PDA

View Full Version : Thank God it's over!

drstandley31
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm only happy that it's finally done. What a rotten year of KC football. Once again we have nothing and have to start all over. We'll get our hurt players back, but we need a lot more than that, and it starts with finding a head coach. Romeo isn't it! And if he is, we'll suck for another 5 years.

KCdrummer
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
/facepalm

chief31
01-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm only happy that it's finally done. What a rotten year of KC football. Once again we have nothing and have to start all over. We'll get our hurt players back, but we need a lot more than that, and it starts with finding a head coach. Romeo isn't it! And if he is, we'll suck for another 5 years.

One game.

We missed our second division title in a row, by one game.

You don't think that an All-Pro SS, our offensive MVP, and starting QB would have made the difference?

With all the rainbows and sunshine you exude here, I have to wonder what the average lifespan of a family dog is around you.

:lol: (Kidding)

drstandley31
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
One game.

You don't think that an All-Pro SS, our offensive MVP, and starting QB would have made the difference?

With all the rainbows and sunshine you exude here, I have to wonder what the average lifespan of a family dog is around you.

Yes, it would. So would have a decent OL. Not having a backup QB that was cut by everybody including the CFL. An OC that doesn't call off-tackle 5 times in a row.
I'm just glad it's over so maybe we can put the parts back together and build a NFL team.

Drunker Hillbilly
01-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes, it would. So would have a decent OL. Not having a backup QB that was cut by everybody including the CFL. An OC that doesn't call off-tackle 5 times in a row.
I'm just glad it's over so maybe we can put the parts back together and build a NFL team.
I'm hoping that Chiefs Crowd can cut ties with fans like you. Depressed over a win? :ninerssuck:

Chiefster
01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
It does start with hiring a head coach, but then you have to look strongly at the O-line IMHO.

ctchiefsfan
01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm hoping that Chiefs Crowd can cut ties with fans like you. Depressed over a win? :ninerssuck:

Oh c'mon now. Don't be too hard on drstandley31....

"My Man Orton" started a whole thread about being depressed because we won. To my mind that makes him about as useful around here as Palko....or **** on a boar hog

chief31
01-02-2012, 01:49 AM

So you do think that this team is good enough to have won their second straight division title, had it not been for the degree and quantity of injuries?

Yet this team is just garbage, and you are in hopes that we quickly start rebuilding, right?

ctchiefsfan
01-02-2012, 02:50 AM
If Cassel hadn't gone down we'd have been at least 9-7. Same if we had played Stanzi. Same if we had played Orton sooner. And we'd have won the AFC West again.

The really sick part is that without all the injuries we'd have gone 10-6, maybe 11-5.

There is NOTHING seriously wrong with this team.

Yes....we need a better O-line. We need an OC that doesn't get his playlist out of a box of cracker jacks. It would be nice to have a real QB.

But fundamentally this is a GOOD team!

Improvements to make before we can think about the SuperBowl, but I see our first playoff win in a long time next year.

drstandley31
01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
We're all entitled to our own opinions. I think fans should hold their teams to high standards.

GarH
01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
It was definitely a very frustrating year, but I love the way our defense came together. Any Chiefs fan has to excited about the future of the Chiefs defense with Berry back next year.

drstandley31
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
It was definitely a very frustrating year, but I love the way our defense came together. Any Chiefs fan has to excited about the future of the Chiefs defense with Berry back next year.
Yes, I am. The secondary was fantastic even without him. They will take a step forward next year. If we can find another pass rusher so that Hali won't be doubled all the time, they will really step forward. I also believe we're good at receivers. There are many things to build on. I'm frustrated that we had those things to build on from last year, and this was a total disaster. Injuries are part of every team, every year. You need quality depth. GB made a superbowl run and had tons of injuries last year. It's no secret that you need depth, and it's no secret that we don't.

Canada
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes, I am. The secondary was fantastic even without him. They will take a step forward next year. If we can find another pass rusher so that Hali won't be doubled all the time, they will really step forward. I also believe we're good at receivers. There are many things to build on. I'm frustrated that we had those things to build on from last year, and this was a total disaster. Injuries are part of every team, every year. You need quality depth. GB made a superbowl run and had tons of injuries last year. It's no secret that you need depth, and it's no secret that we don't.You know they did not build that team over night right??

2010chiefs
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I blame Haley for not making it to the playoffs. We were one game away. Since he's been gone, we've been a different team out there. Every game that Haley played Palko instead of Stanzi and Orton was a step back form making the playoffs. We had that Pittsburgh game and could have won that Patriot game if not for Palko and Haley. Who knows about the Jets game. I'm still proud of our Chiefs for finishing strong. We definitley need an OC to improve out flat offense. Not sure who's out there?

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2012, 10:28 PM
It does start with hiring a head coach, but then you have to look strongly at the O-line IMHO.

I agree, headcoach first, O Line needs help, but so does QB. Oline will be easier to fix then QB.

Its very iffy that Orton will sign and even less likely the Chiefs would give him the money he will want. I'm thinking his value has gone up since there seems to be a high demand for QB's this year and less good quality high expectoncy qbs in the draft. (I hope he does sign, competition is good)

Cassel makes the OL look even worse and it seems he has lost the players respect. Maybe that will change now that Haley is no longer calling the plays. We do know however that he can start and win games if we have a good run game.

Sadly we don't know what Stanzi can do, guess Haley could not find a time when it seemed right to start him..............This really hurts because now its unknown what he is capable of. It would be nice to know if hes able to take the # 2 or 3 spot. It sucks finding out the hard way...............

I take it Palko has officially used up his welcome in any nfl game again. Just my guess.

kcchiefsfan1983
01-03-2012, 12:56 AM
One game.

Well, we kind of missed it by two games. Can we really count our MNF win against Chargers when Dumbarse Rivers couldn't take a snap to end the game?

Chiefster
01-03-2012, 02:24 AM
I agree, headcoach first, O Line needs help, but so does QB. Oline will be easier to fix then QB.

Its very iffy that Orton will sign and even less likely the Chiefs would give him the money he will want. I'm thinking his value has gone up since there seems to be a high demand for QB's this year and less good quality high expectoncy qbs in the draft. (I hope he does sign, competition is good)

Cassel makes the OL look even worse and it seems he has lost the players respect. Maybe that will change now that Haley is no longer calling the plays. We do know however that he can start and win games if we have a good run game.

Sadly we don't know what Stanzi can do, guess Haley could not find a time when it seemed right to start him..............This really hurts because now its unknown what he is capable of. It would be nice to know if hes able to take the # 2 or 3 spot. It sucks finding out the hard way...............

I take it Palko has officially used up his welcome in any nfl game again. Just my guess.

I hear what you're saying, but still believe that the O-line needs to be addressed first. I think that the best QB in the world behind a mediocre front line will, himself, look mediocre or worse. However, even a QB with marginal talent can be successful behind a good O-line. Just my two cents bud. :smile

drstandley31
01-03-2012, 06:53 PM
You know they did not build that team over night right??
Yep, well aware of it. They've been building as long as we have. But to be fair, they have long term consistancy in the front office and coaching. OC's been there over 6 years.

drstandley31
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I blame Haley for not making it to the playoffs. We were one game away. Since he's been gone, we've been a different team out there. Every game that Haley played Palko instead of Stanzi and Orton was a step back form making the playoffs. We had that Pittsburgh game and could have won that Patriot game if not for Palko and Haley. Who knows about the Jets game. I'm still proud of our Chiefs for finishing strong. We definitley need an OC to improve out flat offense. Not sure who's out there?
I do too. Fully obvious. But just how far do you think this team would have gotten in the playoff's. Got crushed last year with our starters, and now with them out and zero depth a too many positions, it would be a short run. And the SD game was a gift, I'll take it, but it was a gift.

GarH
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Nick Foles played behind an OL for three years that on it's best days was mediocre at best. This last year, of the five starters on the OL only one had ever started a game and that was only one game. He really developed his pocket presence over those three years, just to survive. Despite the line play he managed to throw for over 10,000 yards in three years. That's one of the reasons I want to see the Chiefs draft him.

Canada
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I do too. Fully obvious. But just how far do you think this team would have gotten in the playoff's. Got crushed last year with our starters, and now with them out and zero depth a too many positions, it would be a short run. And the SD game was a gift, I'll take it, but it was a gift.Same could be said about the first time we play SD as well. Cassel gave them a gift while driving for the winning TD.

tornadospotter
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I would have to say with all sincerity to you all, I am glad this season is done. It went bad with injuries to key players every game for 3 plus weeks! It was like a injury curse! I blame it on the black hole, or the stinky ones! They cursed us! But to be real, the entire hold out and all that BS, is probably more to blame for this seasons break down of the team. Scruffy and his ego as being a I am the HC and shadow OC show worked out well, for his demise. This was a screwed up season from the start. The Homer in me never gives in to failing before it happens. So now I can sit back and view how it happened.