PDA

View Full Version : Shocker I say!

sling58
10-06-2007, 09:24 AM
26. Kansas City
The biggest shocker of the year: The Chiefs might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. The second-biggest shocker: Dwayne Bowe is the reason the Chiefs might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. The third-biggest shocker: Dwayne Bowe is the best rookie receiver in the NFL (and not Calvin Johnson). Seriously, did a single person watch Bowe on "Hard Knocks" and think, "That guy looks great, he's gonna be a star in this league?" You're lying if you saw this coming. All I know is D-Bowe single-handedly destroyed the Chargers last Sunday, to the degree that I felt obligated to put the word "destroyed" in italics. There might be daylight for Larry Johnson fantasy owners yet.

I have known this all along this year.

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 02:04 PM
26. Kansas City
The biggest shocker of the year: The Chiefs might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. The second-biggest shocker: Dwayne Bowe is the reason the Chiefs might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. The third-biggest shocker: Dwayne Bowe is the best rookie receiver in the NFL (and not Calvin Johnson). Seriously, did a single person watch Bowe on "Hard Knocks" and think, "That guy looks great, he's gonna be a star in this league?" You're lying if you saw this coming. All I know is D-Bowe single-handedly destroyed the Chargers last Sunday, to the degree that I felt obligated to put the word "destroyed" in italics. There might be daylight for Larry Johnson fantasy owners yet.

I never thought we were going to be one of the worst teams in the league this year. I didn't know Bowe was going to be this good, though.

sling58
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I never thought we were going to be one of the worst teams in the league this year. I didn't know Bowe was going to be this good, though.

I didn't have any high hopes for him his first year either when I found out about his holdout, but I am glad I have been proven wrong by his performance.

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 02:07 PM
obviously the CHIEFS knew he was gonna be a big hit or they wouldn't have dubbed him as their star pick in the draft. duh.

id like to beat up some people.:mob:

chief31
10-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I admit that I expected us to be bad. Not horrible, but not good. Based upon the idea that Huard was not going to play well. So far, he has played slightly above what I expected from him. And the Chiefs have performed better than I expected. (At least for one game.)

I do expect to see this team return to the team that was beaten by the Texans and Bears though. As always, I hope that isn't the case, but that is what I expect.

I picked the Chiefs to win this week, but I believe that that may be more hope, than thought.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 02:20 PM
26. Kansas City

put that in your sig

m0ef0e
10-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I admit that I expected us to be bad. Not horrible, but not good. Based upon the idea that Huard was not going to play well. So far, he has played slightly above what I expected from him. And the Chiefs have performed better than I expected. (At least for one game.)

I do expect to see this team return to the team that was beaten by the Texans and Bears though. As always, I hope that isn't the case, but that is what I expect.

I picked the Chiefs to win this week, but I believe that that may be more hope, than thought.

Honestly, I really don't. I think we are steadily improving and gaining both, momentum and confidence for a home-stretch that is vital to our season. This seems like a much more energetic and exuberant team than last year's to me. I think a lot of this can be attributed to key additions of young talent. These guys want to prove that they are not only a good team but one of the best. When you have that mentality and the kind of potential these guys posess, the sky's the limit.

sling58
10-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Honestly, I really don't. I think we are steadily improving and gaining both, momentum and confidence for a home-stretch that is vital to our season. This seems like a much more energetic and exuberant team than last year's to me. I think a lot of this can be attributed to key additions of young talent. These guys want to prove that they are not only a good team but one of the best. When you have that mentality and the kind of potential these guys posess, the sky's the limit.

Agreed!

m0ebr0
10-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I was expecting about the same as last year. Maybe a bit better. So far we are alot better. I was expecting our O to be better and our D be not as good as they are right now. But as long as we get it done I ont care. I liek our D doing so good and our O is comming on. Expect a big offensive day against the Jags.

sling58
10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I was expecting about the same as last year. Maybe a bit better. So far we are alot better. I was expecting our O to be better and our D be not as good as they are right now. But as long as we get it done I ont care. I liek our D doing so good and our O is comming on. Expect a big offensive day against the Jags.

I hope so.