PDA

View Full Version : mcdaniels will not be hc of chiefs for sure

marloweopatchiefs
01-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Josh McDaniels 'Was Not And Will Not Be Interviewed' For Kansas City Chiefs Head Coaching Job - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/1/2/2676320/josh-mcdaniels-was-not-and-will-not-be-interviewed-for-kansas-city-chiefs)

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
This I am happy to see. I'm not even thrilled if he ends up being OC. But I'm sure there are lots worse out there.

Ryfo18
01-03-2012, 12:06 AM
I definitely would not mind if Mcdaniels came here to be our OC wiith orton, orton played well under mcdaniels

So did Cassel.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Cassel had a 18-1 team to work with and he had identical stats as orton who had a FAR much less talented team to work with

Orton was a heisman hopeful, purdue was to contend for the national championship, didnt even get invited and purdue didnt do squat. matt cassel never started in college....orton should be light years ahead of matt.

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I definitely would not mind if Mcdaniels came here to be our OC wiith orton, orton played well under mcdaniels

He's not doing all that well with the Rans....

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 12:42 AM
lol. Cassel supporters now reaching back to the college days. Absolutely unbelievable. Now ask yourself, why didnt cassel start over matt leinart?

Where is matt leinart. We "cassel supporters" are of rational thinkimg u are one of the few that dont want to keep both. Statistically they are basically the same guy u just dont see it. So in 3 games how many tds did orton throw mr stat man.

2010chiefs
01-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I see what they do on the field and Cassel is horrible compared to Orton. Shove your stats.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM
I see what they do on the field and Cassel is horrible compared to Orton. Shove your stats.

Pro bowl one year ago, division title. U r the epitomy of the word bandwagon. jump off when its bad. Not once did u say get rid of him last yr not once. Denver played the same weak schedule we did. We won the freaking division not.orton. next yr when we win it again with cassel what will be your story. Hes done it once hell do it again.

Ur right one td pass in 3 games and 15pts per game. what am i thinking thats awesome. but u saw that right.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 02:04 AM
13 pts a game that will win us ball games.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 02:48 AM
He had a better rating between the 2 with more yards per game and is 2-1 with the chiefs. You need to look up what cassels record is against .500 teams or better in his 3 years here. So how about that for stats? Haha

We try to tell you over nad over, TD throws are TIMING THROWS, orton has been HERE FOR 3 WEEKS. Not any time to get down with his WR. HEs done a great job this year for only practicing 3 weeks withour team, betterthan what cassel has done, and we were 1 fg away from winning the division.

If u know any, talk to a bears fan or a donkey fan. His red zone performance is poor. That was their only complaint he gets inside the 20 and cant get it done. We woulda won the division with no palko. Ur scared orton will lose to cassel its the only thing i can come up with. How.many pro bowls kyle go to. And what were there stats last yr, both played the same weak schedule. Better not hear a blame on coaching.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 02:49 AM
He had a better rating between the 2 with more yards per game and is 2-1 with the chiefs. You need to look up what cassels record is against .500 teams or better in his 3 years here. So how about that for stats? Haha

We try to tell you over nad over, TD throws are TIMING THROWS, orton has been HERE FOR 3 WEEKS. Not any time to get down with his WR. HEs done a great job this year for only practicing 3 weeks withour team, betterthan what cassel has done, and we were 1 fg away from winning the division.

But u r right 13pts a game is astronomically better than what we got from cassel.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Listen to me very carefully. Chief 31 can even concur this. I honestly dont care if orton gets the starting job. It really doesnt matter to me. All I want is Cassel OUT. When we signed orton I thought he could be the guy that comes in and forces cassel out.

If you really want to break down the numbers and let me prove to you why I think Cassel isnt the answer we can do that. If he was an *** kicking fool or even a good quarterback I would support him 100%, the problem is he isnt.

The reason you cant really compare the stats of last year is BECAUSE THEYWERE ON DIFFERENT TEAMS. Where is Kyle Orton's jamaal charles? Where is his 6"3 huge red zone target in dwayne bowe? A lot of Cassel's TD passes were lobs to bowe over smaller cornerslast year. But hey, if you want me to break down the stats and play of cassel just let me know, and I can do that.. I will show you why he is not a franchise qb, or even a solid one.

Chief 31 said hethinks ortoncan be elite, I do not thinkthat. My plan would be to start orton and draft a qb this year, groom him, let him learn from the sideline and have him play the 2013 season MAYBE, butdef the 2014 season.

When you keep cassel as the starter, you are already paying him tons of money and have him signed foranother 3 years i believe. There is no way you are going to keep cassel and then draft a qb and PAY HIM AS WELL. This franchise definitely will not do that.

Ur right brandon lloyd and jabar gafney and eddie royal are mediocre reveivers and lloyd didn break any single gane records as a receiver. so cassel had a pro bowl yr cuz of jamaal but we cant attribute struggling to know jamaal. hypocrisy at its finest.

and i have asked this of. all people who want to draft a qb. do u know something about ricki stanzi that i dont. i liked what i saw in the pre season. why are u so quick to give up on him. the kid can make all the throws.

im lazy and not gonna look it up but from the games i went to moeaki was targeted an awful lot in the redzone, more so than bowe.....

azchiefsfan
01-03-2012, 08:41 AM
The bandwagoners just jump on the newest and greatest each time. If Orton won the job and then we struggled next year, it would take 2 games before they were off that bandwagon and on to the next "big thing". Cassel has proven in 2 out of 4 seasons, with minimal talent(Moss being the only exception in 08) he can win games and take a team to the playoffs. THUS FAR, Orton hasn't. I think between the two Orton has the better arm. But, like fellow gunslinger(and far more talented QB) Favre, he can get himself into trouble fast trying to force things to happen. Cassel is methodical and wants to protect the ball, so he needs pretty good help around him. Of the two styles, I would rather build around Cassel. But if Orton can work on his crunch time accuracy and decision-making, he might be the better QB. I just think it is nuts to try to say Cassel is no good when he has taken his teams to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years.

azchiefsfan
01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Correction: The 2008 11-5 Patriots missed the playoffs.

Drunker Hillbilly
01-03-2012, 10:48 AM
It all starts with protection. Whomever the QB is will be mediocre at best if we don't improve our O line. Having said that, in the last 10 years there have only been 2 QB's that were not ELITE QB's that have won the Superbowl. Bottom line is that in this day of the league being more offensive than defensive it's more than likely going to take an act of god for us to win a Superbowl if we don't somehow develop or acquire a big time QB.

figcrostic
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Ur right brandon lloyd and jabar gafney and eddie royal are mediocre reveivers and lloyd didn break any single gane records as a receiver. so cassel had a pro bowl yr cuz of jamaal but we cant attribute struggling to know jamaal. hypocrisy at its finest.

and i have asked this of. all people who want to draft a qb. do u know something about ricki stanzi that i dont. i liked what i saw in the pre season. why are u so quick to give up on him. the kid can make all the throws.

im lazy and not gonna look it up but from the games i went to moeaki was targeted an awful lot in the redzone, more so than bowe.....

How is Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd doing since Orton left? Brandon Lloyd never had over 750 yards prior to Orton and him getting together and will likely never have over 1000 yards the rest of his career as to Royal what has he done, Gafney is a good second receiver but he's no Dwayne Bowe. I think Orton and Cassel are pretty comparable but I'd give Orton the edge in passing and Cassel the edge in running the ball.

#58ChiefsFan
01-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Im confused is this a McDaniels or another Orton/Cassel thread?:beat_DeadHorse:

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 12:35 PM
The thing with McDanials in Denver is "I Think" was he was playing the role of not only HC but GM also. That is alot for a first time HC. Look what happen to Haley his first year in KC as HC. He fired the OC and took over both spots. More than he could handle. I think that was the case with McDanials in Denver. Not that I am Pro McDanials! I do find it interesting that the Rams fired everyone but McDanials.

AkChief49
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
The thing with McDanials in Denver is "I Think" was he was playing the role of not only HC but GM also. That is alot for a first time HC. Look what happen to Haley his first year in KC as HC. He fired the OC and took over both spots. More than he could handle. I think that was the case with McDanials in Denver. Not that I am Pro McDanials! I do find it interesting that the Rams fired everyone but McDanials.

It's because he is still under contract through 2013.

McDaniels Only Assistant Under Contract « CBS St. Louis (http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/01/02/mcdaniels-only-assistant-under-contract/)

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Contracts are made to be broken, just sayin...

Canada
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Get rid of both QBs...they are the same. Its like debating which pile of crap smells better.

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Get rid of both QBs...they are the same. Its like debating which pile of crap smells better.

My pile smells better cause it's made in America:sFl_america2: :mooning:

Canada
01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
My pile smells better cause it's made in America:sFl_america2: :mooning:You know America is a continent not a country right??

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 05:23 PM
You know America is a continent not a country right??

Oh now don't get all technical on me Canada, just playin, I love ya man :bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
My pile smells better cause it's made in USA:sFl_america2: :mooning:

There fixed....:lol:

AkChief49
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM
My pile smells better cause it's made in the United States of America:sFl_america2: :mooning:
fixed again:D

OPLookn
01-03-2012, 05:37 PM

The Americas consist of the continents North and South America. A singular reference is generally assumed to be the ole U.S. of A.

Bad Canada! :whipping1:

Canada
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
The Americas consist of the continents North and South America. A singular reference is generally assumed to be the ole U.S. of A.

Bad Canada! :whipping1:Just because people assume it does not make it true. Silly Americans :sFl_canada2:

azchiefsfan
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, we are the United States OF America; as in "U.S. in America". But, in the U.S. after the Civil War the name "America" was emphasized to denote unity of the nation rather than a conglomeration of states. I won't pontificate, but the emphasis was meant to be on the nation as a whole, rather than the individual states. That's why we have embraced the name "America" more than United States. I saw it in Ken Burns "Civil War" so it must be true. Right?

2010chiefs
01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
When was the last time a Super Bowl winning QB was not a gunslinger?

Aaron Rogers-Gunslinger
Drew Brees-Gunslinger
Tom Brady-Gunslinger
Peyton Manning-Gunslinger
Ben Roethlesburger-Gunslinger

Kyle Orton-Gunslinger

I would rather go with Orton. I'm sure we can also develop him into a better game manager. Add the No.1 rushing offense we had last year. I like our chances better.

okikcfan
01-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I for one do not believe Kyle Orton will be around next year but it will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

AkChief49
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM

Probably Trent Dilfer

Ryfo18
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM

Aaron Rogers-Gunslinger
Drew Brees-Gunslinger
Tom Brady-Gunslinger

Kyle Orton-Gunslinger

I would rather go with Orton. I'm sure we can also develop him into a better game manager. Add the No.1 rushing offense we had last year. I like our chances better.

I don't consider Brady a gunslinger. He rarely throws passes over 20 yards.

Canada
01-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Roethesburger is the only one anybody called a gun slinger before he won a SuperBowl. Its easy to go back and call previous Super Bowl winnrs gunslingers. Brady and Manning are not gunslingers...they are surgeons. They dont just go tossign the ball around like Favre. It fair to say great QBs have won those SBs but gunslingers does not cover them all.

Chiefster
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Just because people assume it does not make it true. Silly Americans :sFl_canada2:

I represent that remark! :punk::lol:

tornadospotter
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Says the Canadian that I told he was an American also! In a thread many a thread ago. :11: :smile

tornadospotter
01-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I represent that remark! :punk::lol:

No you represent silly old senile American. :smile Like me!

What was your name?

chief31
01-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Aaron Rogers-Gunslinger
Drew Brees-Gunslinger
Tom Brady-Gunslinger

Kyle Orton-Gunslinger

Funny you should mention Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger.

During the seasons that found them becoming Super Bowl champions, they produced more like "game managers" than like "gunslingers".

Brady, 2001 -
2,843 Yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs
Brady, 2003 -
3,620 Yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs
Brady, 2004 -
3,692 Yards, 28 TDs, 12 INTs

Big Ben, 2005 -
2,385 Yards, 17 TDs, 9 INTs
Big Ben, 2008 -
3,301 Yards, 17 TDs, 15 INTs

Matt Cassel, 2010 -
3,116 Yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs

Eli, 2007 -
3,336 Yards - 23 TDs - 20 INTs

Looks like a bunch of "game manager" numbers to me. But let's look at some of the "gunslinger" stats, for comparison....

Brady, 2007 -
4,806 Yards - 50 TDs, 8 INTs
Big Ben, 2009 -
4,328 Yards - 26 TDs, 12 INTs
Peyton, 2006 -
4,397 Yards - 31 TDs, 9 INTs
Brees, 2008 -
5,069 Yards - 34 TDs, 17 INTs
Rivers, 2009 -
4,254 Yards - 28 TDs - 9 INTs

Yeah, those are not the same kind of numbers that the game managers above posted. Those are huge.

For all the big talk about "elite QBs", or "Gunslingers", More often than not, it is the guy with the balanced offense who is the guy that wears the crown.

Tom Brady, QB for the New England Patriots at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/tombrady/2504211/profile)
Ben Roethlisberger, QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile)
Matt Cassel, QB for the Kansas City Chiefs at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/mattcassel/2506562/profile)
Peyton Manning, QB for the Indianapolis Colts at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/profile)
Drew Brees, QB for the New Orleans Saints at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbrees/2504775/profile)
Eli Manning, QB for the New York Giants at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile)
Philip Rivers, QB for the San Diego Chargers at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/player/philiprivers/2506121/profile)

azchiefsfan
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Nicely put.

Chiefster
01-05-2012, 09:22 PM
No you represent silly old senile American. :smile Like me!

What was your name?

:lol:

I don't know; where's my name tag! :11: