PDA

View Full Version : signs pointing to crennell

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2012, 03:19 PM
All Signs Continue Pointing To Romeo Crennel As Chiefs Head Coach - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/3/2678765/romeo-crennel-kansas-city-chiefs-coaching-search)

Chiefster
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Not sure how I feel about this. I'm a bit conflicted.

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM

I kinda feel the same way myself.....:efpge:

Chiefster
01-03-2012, 04:55 PM
I kinda feel the same way myself.....:efpge:

My biggest fear is that Crennel may well be one of these outstanding Coordinators who cannot quite make it as a HC.

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
He wasn't the best last time around in Cleveland

kcvet
01-03-2012, 05:03 PM
looks like everyone's chasing Fisher right now. time will tell

matthewschiefs
01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
looks like everyone's chasing Fisher right now. time will tell

I think Fisher will have the option of any team he wants that has an opening. I myself think the we have one of the if not the best spot. A young team that is not bad and is on the rise.I think for us if Fisher wants the job it's his if not it goes to Romeo.

OPLookn
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
At this point I want to get the HC and all the underlings in place at least two months before the draft. When we hired Haley it took forever to get everyone in place and we had the worst draft I've ever seen. Granted 2009 was a bad draft for almost everyone. Regardless, I want something and someone solid in place so we can get good looks at the 2012 draft.

Hayvern
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Fisher interviewed in Miami, i think Miami may be too far away from a contender to draw him in and the circus atmosphere around that team right now is not likely to draw the best talent.

matthewschiefs
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
At this point I want to get the HC and all the underlings in place at least two months before the draft. When we hired Haley it took forever to get everyone in place and we had the worst draft I've ever seen. Granted 2009 was a bad draft for almost everyone. Regardless, I want something and someone solid in place so we can get good looks at the 2012 draft.

I think we need a new head coach much sooner then what we saw in 09. This team is in a FAR better spot then what it was in 09 when no matter who was brought in when we were not going to see a very good team. This time we need to get this out of the way and work on getting the draft and look at the free agents we want. We just need to move faster. And I think we will. I think it's either Fisher or Romeo.

Chiefs fanatic
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think Crennel would be a bad hire. He has done well here as a defense coordinator and interim head coach and he seems to have support from the players. He also brings continuity to our team that I don't think is too far away from competing for a title.

kcvet
01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
well Fisher claims he wants a team with an "established " QB. I guess Cassel qualifies??? also we've not had good luck with Interim coach's taking over. IE Cunningham comes to mind

drstandley31
01-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm not a fan of his as HC. Watched him in Cleveland. Plays not to lose. Keep it close, rely on the D to make a final stop. Not a fan of it. And frankly I'll just say this; He's somewhat overrated as a DC too. He can have fantastic games, then get blown out. When you average it all together it looks good. But the blowout losses don't lie. And in the last 18 games we've had several, most of which were at home. 3 he had all his starter.

Eydugstr
01-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Wouldn't rely on Arrowhead Pride as rock solid, inside information.

If Crennel had beaten the Raiders and put us in the playoffs, instead of us watching Tebow get "blessed" by the Pittsburg D from our couches ...The HC decision would've been so much easier. But he didn't.

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I can't remember where I read this a couple of weeks ago but it bothered me, Crennel made a statement during an interview that he wanted nothing to do with who they (Pioli) brought in, he just wanted to coach, just coach! Now maybe Pioli would love this but I for one as a COACH would like to have a say in who stays, who goes and who come's in. I just found that kinda odd....

GarH
01-03-2012, 09:55 PM
We are in the process of building a SB caliber defense under Crennel. I want to see him stay as HC and bring in a good OC.

Jrudi
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM

I actually think I like this. The players seem to respect and respond to him well, and you have to give him credit for the way he has put our defense together.

I know he wasn't overly successful in Cleveland but look at what he had to work with....

My thoughts are, it allows for consistency on Defense, He know's Pioli and what he expects, He is familiar with how Pioli wants to build a team, and I think the recent improvement on the offensive side of the ball was because Haley wasn't interfering with the play calling.

I think we look to add a proven, creative offensive coordinator (similar to what Weiss did) and without the micro manager Haley around, Crennel will allow the OC to manage the offensives side of the ball, and Crennel can take care of the defense.

Our team looked like it gelled better with Crennel as the HC, and I think keeping the good that we do have together will be beneficial for this team.

Chiefster
01-04-2012, 02:30 AM
I actually think I like this. The players seem to respect and respond to him well, and you have to give him credit for the way he has put our defense together.

I know he wasn't overly successful in Cleveland but look at what he had to work with....

My thoughts are, it allows for consistency on Defense, He know's Pioli and what he expects, He is familiar with how Pioli wants to build a team, and I think the recent improvement on the offensive side of the ball was because Haley wasn't interfering with the play calling.

I think we look to add a proven, creative offensive coordinator (similar to what Weiss did) and without the micro manager Haley around, Crennel will allow the OC to manage the offensives side of the ball, and Crennel can take care of the defense.

Our team looked like it gelled better with Crennel as the HC, and I think keeping the good that we do have together will be beneficial for this team.

Only time will tell.

Chief Concerns
01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I think Romeo Crennel would be a good head coach for us. Everyone on the team loves and respects him. They've showed they will play their hearts out for him. We definitely need to keep him around for as good as our defense has been as of late. I would love to see Eric Mangini brought in as a d-coordinator. Mangini worked under Crennel for 4 years, when Romeo was the d-coordinator in NE, before taking over his position when he left for Cleveland. Mike Martz is now available after resigning from Chicago. We could bring him in as o-coordinator.

:kc:

Chief Concerns
01-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Also, now being reported on NFL.com, the Chiefs are looking at possibly bringing in offensive coordinator Mike McCoy from Denver to take over the same role in Kansas City should Crennel be retained as head coach. Although, they're saying that McCoy would be a target if the Chiefs are unable to bring in McDaniels from St. Louis.

jap1
01-04-2012, 05:11 AM
I would prefer to see some youth at the Coordinator positions. People to be groomed into becoming the head coach in a few years. Someone like the QB coach out of GB (Tom Clements) and the LB coach in Pittsburgh.

texaschief
01-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Every coach sucks in Cleveland... I wouldn't judge him by what he did there. I like the fact that he WANTS the job and isn't having to be talked into taking the job. I was worried he didn't really want the job, but it sounds like he WANTS the position... which is crucial IMO.

One thing is for sure... our defense is going to play their asses off for that guy to prove the decision was the right one if indeed Crennel is the new HC.

dbolan
01-04-2012, 08:59 AM
My biggest fear is that Crennel may well be one of these outstanding Coordinators who cannot quite make it as a HC.

You are correct.

dbolan
01-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Every coach sucks in Cleveland... I wouldn't judge him by what he did there. I like the fact that he WANTS the job and isn't having to be talked into taking the job. I was worried he didn't really want the job, but it sounds like he WANTS the position... which is crucial IMO.

One thing is for sure... our defense is going to play their asses off for that guy to prove the decision was the right one if indeed Crennel is the new HC.

2005 through 2008 season had a .375 win percentage and no play-off apprearances.

Our defense can play all they want. Just liek our Congress can argue all they want but if there is not a leader in place for the ENTIRE team, then shizzle it shall be.

I am not sold on Crennel. Period.

dbolan
01-04-2012, 09:06 AM
ps- Marty had the 3rd best winning percentage in Browns history... ;-)

Jrudi
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Also, now being reported on NFL.com, the Chiefs are looking at possibly bringing in offensive coordinator Mike McCoy from Denver to take over the same role in Kansas City should Crennel be retained as head coach. Although, they're saying that McCoy would be a target if the Chiefs are unable to bring in McDaniels from St. Louis.

I've already read an article somewhere that said McDaniels isn't even being considered for any of our open positions.

I think he has worn out the "shiny and new" tag when he destroyed the Denver Franchise, and now lead the Rams offense to an abysmal 32nd overall ranking this season.

Chiefster
01-04-2012, 11:50 PM
You are correct.

Seen it too many times.

dbolan
01-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Seen it too many times.

Amen and AMEN!:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
01-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Amen and AMEN!:bananen_smilies046:

Testify my Chiefs Brother! :bananen_smilies046: :D