PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders fans...

Eydugstr
01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Looks like the Chargers will be keeping both AJ Smith and Norv Turner. Spanos must've screwed up his meds.

"Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs,” Spanos said. “A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field.
“Together, we have stability and experience that’s hard to find in the NFL. They’ve both been in this league a long time. I don’t think there is anything they haven’t seen or experienced. They’ve led us through some difficult situations."

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a feeling there will be some much needed changes in SD so we may not want to start to party just yet. They have a top of the line QB unlike us. We will have to act fast in FA and stay a step ahead. IMHO

okikcfan
01-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Not all that funny, it's not like we kick there butt's at every meeting, just sayin, next year they could be better than this year.....

TopekaRoy
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Looks like the Chargers will be keeping both AJ Smith and Norv Turner. Spanos must've screwed up his meds.

"Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs,” Spanos said. “A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field.
“Together, we have stability and experience that’s hard to find in the NFL. They’ve both been in this league a long time. I don’t think there is anything they haven’t seen or experienced. They’ve led us through some difficult situations."

So getting a team to under perform year in and year out is a "difficult situation?"

:lol:

dbolan
01-04-2012, 09:53 AM
As a team they suck. So does the GM and the coach. When you deal Sproles like they did, that in it's own revealed how stupid they are

okikcfan
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
As a team they suck. So does the GM and the coach. When you deal Sproles like they did, that in it's own revealed how stupid they are

Well some can look at us as the same, Jared A, Tony G, Brian Waters and so on.....

dbolan
01-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Well some can look at us as the same, Jared A, Tony G, Brian Waters and so on.....

Absolutely

azchiefsfan
01-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling there will be some much needed changes in SD so we may not want to start to party just yet. They have a top of the line QB unlike us. We will have to act fast in FA and stay a step ahead. IMHO

I saw an interesting statistic on ESPN last week. It showed how when Rivers had a better line(more time to throw) and one of the leading rushers in the league, his numbers were amazing. But this year, with a bad line and no rushing game, he looks below average-especially in interceptions. It goes to an idiom I have used frequently: "An average QB will look like a HOFer behind a good line." Rivers is a slightly above-average QB who benefited from a system and personnel designed to give him an eternity to throw downfield. I love how so many KC "fans" always are willing to overlook a player on a another teams problems and declare them "top of the line" but won't take the time to fairly evaluate our players. We beat those scrubs twice while having a horrendous injury season, yet SD is "real" and we are just lucky. No band-waggoning there, now is there?

okikcfan
01-04-2012, 10:52 AM
I saw an interesting statistic on ESPN last week. It showed how when Rivers had a better line(more time to throw) and one of the leading rushers in the league, his numbers were amazing. But this year, with a bad line and no rushing game, he looks below average-especially in interceptions. It goes to an idiom I have used frequently: "An average QB will look like a HOFer behind a good line." Rivers is a slightly above-average QB who benefited from a system and personnel designed to give him an eternity to throw downfield. I love how so many KC "fans" always are willing to overlook a player on a another teams problems and declare them "top of the line" but won't take the time to fairly evaluate our players. We beat those scrubs twice while having a horrendous injury season, yet SD is "real" and we are just lucky. No band-waggoning there, now is there?

:lol: My point is SD for the most part is a competitive team in the west. Right now they do have a better QB then we do, IMO. They will or should be our biggest problem next year. I feel we will do well in this years draft and hopefully in the FA market. We here in KC never really know what to expect. I feel we are a few players away from being a GREAT team. SD has shown they can do well but always shot themselves in the foot. That may change at some point and we have to be ready when it happens. My biggest problem with the Chiefs right now for next year is QB. I am a Chiefs Fan and will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan and will always HATE the others in the AFC West. The only Bandwagon I am riding on is the Chiefs Bandwagon. I just say what I feel as we all do here.

Eydugstr
01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
So getting a team to under perform year in and year out is a "difficult situation?"

:lol:

I know. Would've loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. Far as I am concerned, Norv Turner and A.J. Smith could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady wearing a wedding dress.