PDA

View Full Version : Rg3

whackojacko58
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Can we trade up to get him? I don't know much about him just thought I'd be the first to officialy announce hes going to the draft. What yall think?

matthewschiefs
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't think so. It would just be simply to big of a price to pay to go up and get him. I don't see it happening. And I think that we need to focus more on O line then Qb. We have some possible answers to the QB spot we NEED o line.

toyotapower
01-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I think st louis would take our first round pick and dwayne bowe for their second overall pick (we would have to franchise him first). However, I don't think that would be worth it. As awesome as Griffin is, we have bigger needs.

Canada
01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I think st louis would take our first round pick and dwayne bowe for their second overall pick (we would have to franchise him first). However, I don't think that would be worth it. As awesome as Griffin is, we have bigger needs.I dont know man....QB is a pretty big need for us. I think we have a lot of talent around the rest of the field. Draft O line and depth with all our later picks and FA.

okikcfan
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Pioli is known for wheeling and dealing sooo.....

figcrostic
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I hope not, I'm going out on a limb I know but.... I think RGIII is going to be a huge dud.

N TX Dave
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Here are some stats that I found read all of it here (http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2012/01/08/sports/nh4945137.txt?viewmode=fullstory)

Picking a quarterback in the first round can be a huge risk. Since 1975, 86 quarterbacks were drafted in the first round. The list includes many more busts than champions.
Of those 86 quarterbacks taken in the first round since 1975, 11 turned out to be champions in the 35 Super Bowls contested since.

matthewschiefs
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I dont know man....QB is a pretty big need for us. I think we have a lot of talent around the rest of the field. Draft O line and depth with all our later picks and FA.

I am not so sure that QB is a big need right now. As long as we bring Orton back. People have to keep in mind that Orton only had 3 games with out the full offense around him. They moved the ball Ok behind what I think we can all agree is a below average O Line. I think we should bring him back and see what he can do given an offense to fit in with the offense and a better O line. If Charles is able to come back and do what he was able to do before he got hurt then I don't think we will need Orton to do as much as we needed this season. And give him Moaki who was a redzone target that might help the redzone offense as well. I think we need O line far more then Qb. Although I wouldn't complain if we found a great qb one way or anther. I just don't think we should sell the farm for one.

Chiefs fanatic
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Barkley and Jones staying put pretty much killed our chances of drafting a QB in the first round.

toyotapower
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I dont know man....QB is a pretty big need for us. I think we have a lot of talent around the rest of the field. Draft O line and depth with all our later picks and FA.

I'm not going to disagree with you completely. The QBOTF is not on our current roster (nor will it be if we re-sign Orton). Drafting o-line will have a much bigger immediate impact than drafting a qb, regardless of who it is. Martin, Reiff or Decastro (my pick) will step in and start right away. RGIII or even Luck is going to struggle this year, we don't need another setback. Our QB situation is ugly, I just don't want to see us give up the farm for one guy (see carson palmer, ricky williams and julio jones)

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope not, I'm going out on a limb I know but.... I think RGIII is going to be a huge dud.

I can see why one would think that but the kid has already graduated, his work ethic is through the roof. I really think hes a more athletic version of aaron rogers. He can make allthe throws and is a world class track star.

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
2 yrs behind peyton manning and watch out.

TopekaRoy
01-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Trading up to get RGIII is not going to happen and here's why.

There are 8 teams picking between the Rams and the Chiefs. Assuming the Colts take Luck, The Rams will be in a position to make a deal. Let's say they will trade down for a 2nd, 3rd and next year's first pick. Any of the 8 teams ahead of us could make the same offer, but with higher picks this year than ours. We could throw in a star player (like Bowe) to sweeten the deal, but then you are just swapping a definite star for a potential star and losing picks that we desperately need for other positions. , and of course, the Redskins or Bucs could do the same thing, but again with higher picks.

It would just be too costly, IMO, and would hurt us more than getting Griffin would help us.

doobs_05
01-11-2012, 01:46 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/01/09/chiefs%E2%80%99-offensive-line-problems-are-a-myth/

an article I read about the O line, trading up would be stupid i think (even tho i would like to see a new QB).

toyotapower
01-11-2012, 02:16 AM
2 yrs behind peyton manning and watch out.

To me this seems far more likely than us getting RGIII.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Nothing against RG3, but a 1st and BOWE!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! Too costly IMO!

dbolan
01-11-2012, 08:16 AM

Agreed! lol

pojote
01-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I just would wait 'till next year's draft to get a QB. I even would trade this years 1st round for a second and a first for the next. With two first round picks is more likely to trade up to get a top QB. This year are only two: Luck and RGIII, we won't get them.

Jrudi
01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I was one that wanted to land a QB as well, but with Barkley staying it basically screwed us to be in a position to take RG3. I would love him, but the reality is, it would cost to much.

With how Romeo was talking, I'm really not sure Orton will be back, he made it sound like Orton was wanting to look elsewhere as a FA (Even thought we would get compensation)

His quote when asked his thoughts on our QB situation and if Orotn would have a good chance to be the starter was "We have Matt and Stanzi under contract right now....Kyle gets his choice, so we have to wait and see" he also said that he didn't understand all of the hub bub about Cassel, said that it's not like he fell off the wagon overnight, he's been a successful QB that took us to the playoffs last year, and I'm pretty positive that he can do it again (also seemed fiery when standing up for Matt)

So that made me think that the chances that Cassel returns as our starter next season is pretty high. With that piece of info, it also makes me think we will look at possibly O-line, or NT in round one (because that can immediately help) and look at QB in rounds 2-5, and look to develop along with stanzi, or if we still have high hopes for stanzi I think we bring in a veteran FA QB instead of drafting one (so we don't land in the position we were in this year) and continue to develop stanzi, let Matt start, and have an insurance policy that could still get us to the playoffs with the possibility that Matt gets hurt again...

Pioli also did say last year after the draft that one thing he likes to do in the draft is add a qb each year, and he felt like we were in a position to do this now, so you never know, we will see what they think about stanzi.

okikcfan
01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Question, Pioli has been quick at signing players in the past, (Somewhat) What do you think his plans are for Bowe and Carr this off season? Will he use them to trade up in the draft? Will he use them to trade for Manning? He has plenty of cap room next year so why has he not worked out a contract on them as of yet? Just wondering what ya all think....

toyotapower
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Question, Pioli has been quick at signing players in the past, (Somewhat) What do you think his plans are for Bowe and Carr this off season? Will he use them to trade up in the draft? Will he use them to trade for Manning? He has plenty of cap room next year so why has he not worked out a contract on them as of yet? Just wondering what ya all think....

I think we are going to be hurting if either player isn't re-signed. Our offense fell apart when bowe got hurt against denver. Without carr we don't beat the packers. Both would have to be resigned before we could trade them

TopekaRoy
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Toyotapower is right. We can't trade them unless we resign them and we can't resign them unless we pay more for them than any other team is willing to pay (unless they are willing to take less money to stay here).

No other team is going to want to give up a draft pick and take on their contract when they weren't willing to match our contract offer in the first place.

okikcfan
01-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Toyotapower is right. We can't trade them unless we resign them and we can't resign them unless we pay more for them than any other team is willing to pay (unless they are willing to take less money to stay here).

No other team is going to want to give up a draft pick and take on their contract when they weren't willing to match our contract offer in the first place.

So true...I spank myself for that one....:whipping1:

Jrudi
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I think we are going to be hurting if either player isn't re-signed. Our offense fell apart when bowe got hurt against denver. Without carr we don't beat the packers. Both would have to be resigned before we could trade them

I've actually heard it would be most cap friendly to Franchise Tag Bowe, and re-sign Carr as fast as we can...

not sure though.

Any idea when the deadline is to Franchise players?

N TX Dave
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM

I think he is trying to sign one of them for a good deal and franshice the other.

chief31
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I've actually heard it would be most cap friendly to Franchise Tag Bowe, and re-sign Carr as fast as we can...

not sure though.

Any idea when the deadline is to Franchise players?

I would aim for the reverse.

Bowe had a lesser season than 2010, meaning he will not command quite as much, and Carr popped up to shine as a top CB.

I think signing Bowe long-term is cheaper (per position) than Carr.

And, if Berry returns at full strength for 2012, it could reduce the shine, thus the dollar value, of Carr.

So I would want Carr to be negotiating after 2012, as opposed to now.

I think our offense will have to improve in 2012, thus Bowe's numbers. What that would mean, for trying to retain him, is a higher pricetag next year.

kcticketguy
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
RG3 is legit but we aren't getting him.

okikcfan
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
RG3 is legit but we aren't getting him.

Yea, well I'm old enough to not be shocked or surprised at anything that happens any more...just sayin...

boiler01
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
RG3 has the physical tools to be an NFL startup QB, and he's mature and smart too, I like him a lot, definitely not Vince Young type. But so are lots of past first round QBs that did not pan out. So far RG3 has not shown he definitely can stand in pocket, read complicated defense in REAL TIME, process the info REAL TIME and make a good decision, he might be able to, but again he has not done much so in college. Going predefined routes, running around, finding open WRs are not indicators you can succeed in NFL. Stop those "running QB NFL trend" crap already. Some people are amazed by Cam Newton's rookie performance, but until he can play like a pocket QB, I'm not buying anything. Reading defense in real time is the ultimate NFL QB standard, if you can't do it, you won't have sustained success in NFL. Funny how many people just don't get that, year after year, failure after failure, yeah, RG3 over Luck, that's smart. It's not even close. Be smart, don't follow blindly those dumb talkheads.