PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Baldwin

whackojacko58
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Was vary disapointed with his rookie season. Will he show us why we drafted him his second year? Hes got what it takes as long as we get d bowe signed

figcrostic
01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Was vary disapointed with his rookie season. Will he show us why we drafted him his second year? Hes got what it takes as long as we get d bowe signed

Too early to tell, plus we had a delayed start because of the lockout, he hurt his thumb, he was third string behind breaston for most games and he had 3 different qb's throwing him the ball. That doesnt mean he still can't suck but he does kind of have a reason for his low yardage.

okikcfan
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Too early to tell, plus we had a delayed start because of the lockout, he hurt his thumb, he was third string behind breaston for most games and he had 3 different qb's throwing him the ball. That doesnt mean he still can't suck but he does kind of have a reason for his low yardage.

Sorry but I disagree, Palko was not a QB! :lol:

figcrostic
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry but I disagree, Palko was not a QB! :lol:

No he was a qb, he could probably make JV at most high schools.

OPLookn
01-12-2012, 04:31 PM
No he was a qb, he could probably make JV at most high schools.

That's only because he's a manchild compared to them! Palko angry!!

matthewschiefs
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't no that Baldwin was a disapointment He simply played like a rookie. He had bright spots and low points. I think he showed some signs that he can be very good at times. But now he is going to have to do it week in and week out. Something all young players will have to learn

Chief Concerns
01-12-2012, 05:27 PM
So we should go out and get Reggie Wayne. He can bring some depth to our receiving corps, as well as work with Baldwin to help us get the most out of him..

:kc:

70 chiefsfan70
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Baldwin will be just fine, he has had a rough start but has shown moments of goodness and I have lots of hope for this guy.

kcchiefsfan18
01-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Baldwin should get better, we just need to see more consistency. Once him and Cassel get on the same page we should be able to be produce in the passing game. Granted Dbowe comes back.

AkChief49
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I think Baldwin should get better, we just need to see more consistency. Once him and Cassel get on the same page we should be able to be produce in the passing game. Granted Dbowe comes back.
If he does not come back-draft Blackmon

2010chiefs
01-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I like Baldwin for being a rookie playing only half the season and actually having some big catches when we needed them. He will get better. He's a big strong receiver.

okikcfan
01-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Blackmon will go early, Baldwin has not had a full season yet, ya gotta give the kid a chance. He stays...

figcrostic
01-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Who do you think we are the Raiders? He's a rookie that missed what 6 or 7 games plus had 3 qb's throwing him the ball. If we needed a WR Blackmon is a stud for sure, why not take his QB though if we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Jrudi
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't think we can lable Baldwin as a bust yet...

I actually think he showed some real flashes and had some nice catches throughout the season.

We also have to realize that he is competing for targets against two pretty decent receivers (Bowe and Breaston)

He did miss the first 6 games, didn't have a full offseason, and didn't have the most consistent QB play to develop chemistry with. He also only started 3 of the 11 he played in...

I think you see A LOT of growth from him next season, the ability to develop chemistry with a QB in the off season, a full off season to work with, and a better OC will go a long way in bringing him along

matthewschiefs
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Who do you think we are the Raiders? He's a rookie that missed what 6 or 7 games plus had 3 qb's throwing him the ball. If we needed a WR Blackmon is a stud for sure, why not take his QB though if we can get him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Can we really call Palko a QB?

For the amount of games that he played he put up decent rookie numbers. Now he is part of the reason that he missed those games but when he was in there he was decent for a rookie. You have to give him time to learn how to be an NFL player.

okikcfan
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Can we really call Palko a QB?

For the amount of games that he played he put up decent rookie numbers. Now he is part of the reason that he missed those games but when he was in there he was decent for a rookie. You have to give him time to learn how to be an NFL player.

Ah NO! Oh Water Boy!

AkChief49
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM

My response was to kcchiefsfan's comment on Dbowe coming back.

Blackmon will go early, Baldwin has not had a full season yet, ya gotta give the kid a chance. He stays...

you are talking about Baldwin-I agree with you

I DO NOT THINK WE ARE RAIDERS!!!!!:meow:
I'm assuming you are talking about Baldwin also as he missed games.

I was talking strictly about Bowe coming back-Baldwin has to come back or he will not play anywhere!!!!!

Chiefster
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how well he does next season.

toyotapower
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Baldwin has a chance to really contribute next year. I see us going after a dynamic offensive coordinator who likes to throw the ball. Hopefully we bring in a qb capable of doing that (orton at the very least) and all of our receivers will have a big year.

okikcfan
01-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Well anytime you have your "Team Leader" getting in a fight with your first round pick it is never a good situation

The way I was to understand it, words were exchanged between Baldwin and Jones, Baldwin threw a punch, missing and hitting the locker. Jones threw no punches.

nigeriannightmare
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
The way I was to understand it, words were exchanged between Baldwin and Jones, Baldwin threw a punch, missing and hitting the locker. Jones threw no punches.

Thats even better....thats being young and arrogant i expect a great season from baldwin next year.

bricooper78
01-19-2012, 12:20 AM
i like the add a wr every year plan myself, how many fresh from college, or 1st year starters *come up from an injury, like Austin from dallas* come out and blow up everyone for a year, simply because there isn't any tape to study up on from that player.

backs and wideouts do that all the time, there is one or two a year.

AkChief49
01-19-2012, 01:36 AM
i like the add a wr every year plan myself, how many fresh from college, or 1st year starters *come up from an injury, like Austin from dallas* come out and blow up everyone for a year, simply because there isn't any tape to study up on from that player.

backs and wideouts do that all the time, there is one or two a year.
See Matt Millen and the Lions from 2003-2005. three straight WR's in the first round.........

bricooper78
01-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Yea, I actually just kinda changed that in Bowe's thread lol

I meant later rounds, the "value pick" type of pickup. I didn't mean just have 17 WR on the team with nobody to throw to them nor any running game LOL i was really tired--my bad :D

and not keeping more than just your usual, if you carry 5, then keep the best 5, if you have an abundance, trade one... I should have tried to help that out a little bit, not left a quarter of a thought