PDA

View Full Version : Do Most Chiefs Fans Hate Tim Tebow?

RockRocks787
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Living in South Carolina doesn't allow me to talk to a lot of Chiefs fans, so I was wondering whether most Chiefs fans can't stand Tebow or respect him because of what he's accomplished this year with an otherwise mediocre football team.

Being a current student and fan of the University of South Carolina, I couldn't stand the guy while he was at Florida, but I've gotta admit that even though he's a Bronco and the hype has gotten to an absurd level, I do have respect for him.

What do you guys think?

toyotapower
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I hate the guy with a passion. I live an hour from Denver so its shoved down our throats even more here.

stricken721
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Who's Tim Tebow?

:beat_DeadHorse:

TopekaRoy
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't hate Tebow at all. What I hate is the insane level of media coverage he gets, especially from ESPN, but that is not is fault.

I like the guy as a person. He has a strong faith, high moral standards, a great work ethic, a ton of confidence and a huge determination to win.

What he doesn't have is good quarterback skills. He needs a lot of help from his receivers and O-line to be successful. He's just so big and strong that he makes a lot of plays with his feet when the pass plays break down, plus he has the best rushing attack in the NFL (including himself) and that helps keep the Broncos in a lot of games.

I actually think he is a lot of fun to watch when he is on his game, and I find myself laughing out loud at some of the horrible passes he makes when he isn't.

I just wish ESPN would shut up about him already.

Canada
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
^^What he said. I hate the Donkies and all their players

N TX Dave
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't hate him any more than the rest of the team or any of tRaiders players.

I do respect him for his standing by his beliefs but I still hate him and all the media attention he is getting.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't hate Tim Tebow I hate the Denver Broncos. He's a part of them. Even if there was not the media hype that there is around Tim Tebow my feelings towards him wouldn't be any different then they are now.

chief31
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Like, and dislike.

Part of me wants to root for the guy, based on the horrible treatment he seems to get from NFL fns.

But he is a Bronco, and a pretty bad QB so far.

AkChief49
01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I could not stand Elway, he was a donk(should have been a colt-which is part of the reason I do not respect him). I respect his ability as a QB, but he acted like a spoiled brat.
With Tebow, I cannot stand him because he is a donk.
I respect him more for his humanity than his ability. Though, it seems, he keeps proving all the naysayers (myself, at times, included) wrong.
You look at his wind up and wonder how does he even get the time to do that?
Bottom line.....he wins

Chiefster
01-14-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't hate Tebow at all. What I hate is the insane level of media coverage he gets, especially from ESPN, but that is not is fault.

I like the guy as a person. He has a strong faith, high moral standards, a great work ethic, a ton of confidence and a huge determination to win.

What he doesn't have is good quarterback skills. He needs a lot of help from his receivers and O-line to be successful. He's just so big and strong that he makes a lot of plays with his feet when the pass plays break down, plus he has the best rushing attack in the NFL (including himself) and that helps keep the Broncos in a lot of games.

I actually think he is a lot of fun to watch when he is on his game, and I find myself laughing out loud at some of the horrible passes he makes when he isn't.

I just wish ESPN would shut up about him already.

...ABSOLUTELY THIS!

Rep!

AussieChiefsFan
01-14-2012, 07:10 AM
As a person, I dont hate him at all. It just really annoys me all the hype that he gets.

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Tim Tebow is a bit of a conundrum for me, hes a bronco. Although the reason hes getting so much hype is because hes so popular hes everything our media dislikes. Hes the complete opposite of what our media thougt was popular. Hes white, athletic, hardworking, extraordinarly religious, the exact opposite of what obama created when he won the whitehouse and it confuses them how is this guy popular. And its not just that hes popular hes respected. Give this guy one more year of wrkn wiith his qb coach, everyonr is forgetting hes only started 16 games and wgat do they say the third year is when a qb should "get it"...........

kcvet
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
freedom of religion is something we fight and die for. so let him pray

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2012, 08:11 PM
freedom of religion is something we fight and die for. so let him pray

They r wanting him to mess up sooo bad.

Ryfo18
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Hate Tebow the donkey, but respect him as a person.

kcvet
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Brady wasted no time. a TD only 2 mins into the game

Canada
01-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Like, and dislike.

Part of me wants to root for the guy, based on the horrible treatment he seems to get from NFL fns.

But he is a Bronco, and a pretty bad QB so far.Its not all bad. Hes takes some crap but far more people worship him than treat him horribly!!

matthewschiefs
01-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Its not all bad. Hes takes some crap but far more people worship him than treat him horribly!!

Very true

He gets far to much blame when things go wrong and they lose and the offense doesn't put up good numbers but he gets far to much credit for when things do go well.

Sick Dog
01-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I love him because of his horrible passing stats and he can't throw the ball...one QB in the AFC not to worry about...

kcvet
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
in the game last sat the TE's had zero catch's for zero yards. well see if the fan's want his head on a platter to

kcvet
01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
http://socialmediagroup.com/new/wp-content/uploads/Tim-Tebow-Praying.jpg
lord please forgive those who just crushed my a**.......I won't need you again till training camp........amen

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't hate any one, best I can do is have a strong dislike for someone, but never hate. I think Tebow is a good person with a genuine heart of faith. I think it's a damn shame the media, & Elway, have exploited him and his faith for their own self interest & benefit...greed...ratings & profit.

All this media attention on Tebow is only turning more people away from God with mockery of him and Christianity by many nationwide. As well, there have been many NFL players past & current who recognized their faith on the field, including knealing to pray...why all the attention on Tebow?...he wasn't the first. I think Elway is a marketing mind who has pulled some favors with his pals in media. I think Tebow might be a bit naive to the evil ways of greed & arrogance among the NFL world, & society overall. :(

okikcfan
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Who's Tim Tebow?

:beat_DeadHorse:

Is your sig D Bowe Tebowing? :lol:

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Dwayne Bowe has been knealing on the field as a part of his spirituality long before Tebow came along. I have many pics showing D-Bowe reflecting his faith on the field. His personal sig is "God First", and has been as long as he's been my favorite player, which was before Tebow entered the NFL.

bricooper78
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Tebow is a good kid. I have a horrible feeling the backlash when someone finds the tiniest speck of dirt on him is going to be career ending tho...

For a QB, he needs to reconsider a switch to a FB!!

Broncos suck. Mr. Ed II (Elway horseface...i'll stop there) sucks. I hate the fact that Tebow ended up there far more than I hate the kid for getting drafted, it wasn't so much his choice, they offered a job, and who wouldn't take it in this economy?? lol

#58ChiefsFan
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
You have to give the kid props for being deaf to the haters, he does what he does and always gives his teammates the credit. He is team first, humble and part of the right 53.

But he is one terrible quarterback. We'll see how his career goes, Id take him as a Chief in a different postion.

Sn@keIze
01-18-2012, 09:36 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xtJczxV7xvQ/TwDtM4QEVHI/AAAAAAAAPeo/WqBVQazMV08/s1600/Tebow-vs-Matthew.jpeg

azchiefsfan
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I have no ill feelings toward Tebow, matter of fact, the way he has been treated by the mainstream news media made me want him to start getting 500 yards a game while the Donks still lost by 50 points. I like Tebow but still hate the Donks and the biggest whiner in NFL history, Elway.

Chiefster
01-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't hate any one, best I can do is have a strong dislike for someone, but never hate. I think Tebow is a good person with a genuine heart of faith. I think it's a damn shame the media, & Elway, have exploited him and his faith for their own self interest & benefit...greed...ratings & profit.

All this media attention on Tebow is only turning more people away from God with mockery of him and Christianity by many nationwide. As well, there have been many NFL players past & current who recognized their faith on the field, including knealing to pray...why all the attention on Tebow?...he wasn't the first. I think Elway is a marketing mind who has pulled some favors with his pals in media. I think Tebow might be a bit naive to the evil ways of greed & arrogance among the NFL world, & society overall. :(

Absolutely this! REP!