PDA

View Full Version : A couple things I would do if I were GM

figcrostic
01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Cut Barry Sackardson, Thomas "2 ypc" Jones and Tyler "Noodle arm" Falko

I would make Hudson our center and Maneri our blocking TE (ala Dunnn).

Sign Bowe and put a tag on Carr

I would pick up Mike Tolbert or Michael Bush in the FA along with Kyle Orton.

I would trade Matt Cassel and a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder which is possible because of the weak qb draft (barkley and jones both staying in college).

I would trade our first down to around the 20 pick up a 3rd and then draft:
1st round Decastro OG
2nd round Mike Adams RT
2nd round Dontario Poe NT
3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
3rd round Audie Cole ILB
4th round 1)Brandon Weeden QB or 2)Case Keenum QB,
5th round Philip Lutzenkirchen TE,
6th round Marquis Maze WR,
7th pick traded with Cassel.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2012, 07:52 PM

I would trade Matt Cassel and a 7th round pick for a 2nd rounder which is possible because of the weak qb draft (barkley and jones both staying in college).

1st round Decastro OG
2nd round Mike Adams RT
3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
3rd round Audie Cole ILB

Decastro wont be there at 20 and i think poe is gonna be a firdt rounder after the combine. Everybody is quick to cut tj. I think we can sign him on the cheap. with a healthy jamaal he did rush for 900 yards and was part of the leagues best rush offense. TJ is a good dude and has been done dirty by everybody. Look at chicago the year after he left and new york they both struggled. So people say he they dont see he is a leader but i think the entire locker room is behind him. Baldwin found out the hard way. You can say baldwin broke his hand on jones face but that means baldwi- doesnt know how to throw a punch.

figcrostic
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Decastro wont be there at 20 and i think poe is gonna be a firdt rounder after the combine. Everybody is quick to cut tj. I think we can sign him on the cheap. with a healthy jamaal he did rush for 900 yards and was part of the leagues best rush offense. TJ is a good dude and has been done dirty by everybody. Look at chicago the year after he left and new york they both struggled. So people say he they dont see he is a leader but i think the entire locker room is behind him. Baldwin found out the hard way. You can say baldwin broke his hand on jones face but that means baldwi- doesnt know how to throw a punch.

IF Decastro isn't there then maybe Reiff or one of those type of guys will be. Thomas Jones might be a great guy but guess what if he's not getting the job done I don't want him. He had a great career but like Vrabel he's too old now.

AkChief49
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM

I do not think anyone would know how to throw a punch on Jones. Jones is older, slower, but he is still like a rock.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2012, 11:03 PM
IF Decastro isn't there then maybe Reiff or one of those type of guys will be. Thomas Jones might be a great guy but guess what if he's not getting the job done I don't want him. He had a great career but like Vrabel he's too old now.

Was just merely stating that the last two teans who had excellent runing games both suffered greatly the year after. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Yeah i think poe, burfict, richarddon or reiff will be our pick. Depending on who gets picked before us now if all four are there what do we do......

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I do not think anyone would know how to throw a punch on Jones. Jones is older, slower, but he is still like a rock.

Yeah when he did his interview i didnt see a knot bruise or anything.

drstandley31
01-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Really, you'd cut Falko???? :0)

figcrostic
01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
No one would give up a second round pick for cassel and a seventh rounder. You would be lucky to get a 6th round pick

It was our seventh and Cassel for a 2nd round pick. I bet a team like the Redskins would.

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
With that fat of a contract and horrible numbers this year a second round pick wouldnt happen

Um considering the position and how long hes been in the league 5 million is hardly a lot for a qb that won the division.

figcrostic
01-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Um considering the position and how long hes been in the league 5 million is hardly a lot for a qb that won the division.

And he went to the pro-bowl last year.

figcrostic
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
You want to keep Thomas Jones?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

That's kind of what I thought as well.

Jrudi
01-14-2012, 09:11 PM

1st round Decastro OG
2nd round Mike Adams RT
3rd round Micah Hyde CB,
3rd round Audie Cole ILB

First off if you were the GM you would be creating more work for yourself because the 3 players you said you would cut (TJ, Palko, and Richardson).... are free agents

2nd... You would actually save money by Tagging Bowe and trying to re-sign Carr. The average salaries of the top 10 DBs in the league is about 10 mil, and the top 10 salaries for WR's is about 9.7 mil.

Althought Carr is a good corner...He is considered a #2 corner on our team and would not warrant top 10 money even if he went elsewhere to be the #1. Bowe is viewed as a top 10-15 talent at WR, so if we tag him we would pay him around 9.7 mil this year, which we would have to expect to give him top 10-15 money to stay anyways.... if we tag Carr, his salary will jump above Flower's who is our #1, and we will have to pay him an inflated contract which we would not have to otherwise. We should expect to pay him within the top 20 corners in the league, but not the top 10.

And last I like your 1st round pick of DeCastro, I can really see him on our team... but I don't think he will be there at pick#20...He is the top interior lineman in this class and should be off the board by 15. Mike adams has some character issues, so I'm not sure we see him on our team, maybe one of the tackles from Florida State?? Sanders or Datko.. And I agree with another post on here that Poe will be off the board by that pick as well. Maybe someone like the NT from Washington or Josh Chapman from Alabama in the 3rd....

Just some thoughts to ponder on..

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2012, 12:51 AM

Merely stating he was cut twice and both of thise teams struggled significantky.the following year.

Hayvern
01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Really, you'd cut Falko???? :0)

Rock me Amadeus, rock me!

Ok ok,bad falco joke for those of you not old enough to remember.

josh1971
01-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Rock me Amadeus, rock me!

Ok ok,bad falco joke for those of you not old enough to remember.

Oh no... I got it. :D

I thought it was a "Shane Falco" reference from "The Replacements".

JB

matthewschiefs
01-15-2012, 02:27 PM

I can say that I don't think he will be back but I myself won't be to upset if we do bring him back. He does do some things for this team. I don't think that he's been as bad as others. He can't do it every week anymore as father time has caught up with him but he can have sparks where he can do some good things.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Jets didnt.

3.7 ypc last year 3.1 this year. Cut

I hate to be like this but with tj (jets) they went from top of the afc in rushing to not. We sir were first in the league with tj and charles.just like tj and shonn greene were until tj got cut and in chicago they cut tj to keep cedric and cedric benson isnt even in chicago anymore. U just pull stats to support ur own opinion and are completely biased u need to learn how to be objective. But ur probably like dbolan and know everything and are perfect.

Ryfo18
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I hate to be like this but with tj (jets) they went from top of the afc in rushing to not. We sir were first in the league with tj and charles.just like tj and shonn greene were until tj got cut and in chicago they cut tj to keep cedric and cedric benson isnt even in chicago anymore. U just pull stats to support ur own opinion and are completely biased u need to learn how to be objective. But ur probably like dbolan and know everything and are perfect.

Dude, Thomas Jones can easily be replaced with a much more productive RB. It's that simple.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Dude, Thomas Jones can easily be replaced with a much more productive RB. It's that simple.

Maybe or maybe not he hasnt been as bad as most think he still has shown flashes of the old thomas jones and we may get someone more productive but losing a locker room presence is a bigger deal than most are willing to admit. u live with some beae fans ask one about thomas jones.

nigeriannightmare
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Jets didnt.

3.7 ypc last year 3.1 this year. Cut

1900 yards with tj and shonn greene 1600 thats a 16% drop in productivity. Do 16% less wrk a wk and see if u keep a job.

Ryfo18
01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
1900 yards with tj and shonn greene 1600 thats a 16% drop in productivity. Do 16% less wrk a wk and see if u keep a job.

Keep in mind that they also passed for 900 more yards in 2010 than they did in 2009.

figcrostic
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Keep in mind that they also passed for 900 more yards in 2010 than they did in 2009.

How did this become a thomas jones thread. Can't anyone comment on what I actually said I would do during the offseason instead of focus on Thomas Jones???

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2012, 01:13 PM
How did this become a thomas jones thread. Can't anyone comment on what I actually said I would do during the offseason instead of focus on Thomas Jones???

Ur boy my man orton hijacked it, i did ask what u would if reiff, castro, poe, burfict, richardson were all there at 11 and got no response.....

figcrostic
01-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Ur boy my man orton hijacked it, i did ask what u would if reiff, castro, poe, burfict, richardson were all there at 11 and got no response.....

I didn't know he was my boy, but if they were all in the top 11 that would suck, at that point it would depend on who's left, but I highly doubt all those guys go top 11. I think the the number one thing we need is a RT and the number 2 is probably a NT. With so many guys staying in college we just are not going to get a highly touted QB. Honestly with how good our defense is even if we just beef up our O-line Matt Cassel will once again get us to the playoffs (not saying he was the main reason but he didn't blow it for us) and possibly get us our first win since Montana.

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I didn't know he was my boy, but if they were all in the top 11 that would suck, at that point it would depend on who's left, but I highly doubt all those guys go top 11. I think the the number one thing we need is a RT and the number 2 is probably a NT. With so many guys staying in college we just are not going to get a highly touted QB. Honestly with how good our defense is even if we just beef up our O-line Matt Cassel will once again get us to the playoffs (not saying he was the main reason but he didn't blow it for us) and possibly get us our first win since Montana.

Thats was a cheapshot srry. I would think trading down grabbing an extra cpl picks for this draft is whats gonna happen. Pioli is gonna surprise us me thinks.

figcrostic
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Thats was a cheapshot srry. I would think trading down grabbing an extra cpl picks for this draft is whats gonna happen. Pioli is gonna surprise us me thinks.

I hope so, but people have been saying this since Pioli came here that he is going to be trading picks and moving down in 3 drafts he hasn't traded once.

chief31
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM

The thread started with Thomas Jones. It's hardly off-topic.:D

figcrostic
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
The thread started with Thomas Jones. It's hardly off-topic.:D

Actually it was "Cut Barry Sackardason, Thomas Jones..." either way to much thought into one minor detail he'll if it will end the stupid discussion sign the man for 7 years.

chief31
01-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Actually it was "Cut Barry Sackardason, Thomas Jones..." either way to much thought into one minor detail he'll if it will end the stupid discussion sign the man for 7 years.

Seriously?

What is there to complain about?

You started a topic, which included the prospect of cutting Jones, then want to end any discussion that others might be having on it?

If you wish to discuss some other aspect of the topic that you posted, then feel free. But I have never understood the harm of others having a discussion.

What is the harm?

matthewschiefs
01-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe he can surprise us by not f'ing up this draft like he did in 09 and 11?

Yeah because getting a couple of guys who were able to help Hali Put Pressure on the Qb like Houston and Bailey A young WR who showed signs that he can be very good. Is Horrible just horrible. And after a draft classes rookie year is clearly the best time to judge a draft class. Lets get rid of Pioli he clearly messed everything up.

Why would we want a WR who can do this
Jon Baldwin's Behind the Back Catch (11-13-11) - YouTube

matthewschiefs
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
haha hudson didnt play much this year, and when he did play he didnt play well.

Picking a 3/4 DE that cant do anything against the pass and is on 1/2 of the rushing plays. our third round pick from that year is not even on the roster.

Baldwin getting in fights with our team leader and then had 254 yds this year with a touchdown.

I would say those drafts didnt go too well

UMMMM Both Justin Houston and Allen Bailey are on the roster. Both were putting pressure on the QB late in the season. So what 3rd rounder is missing?

Yes Baldwin got in a fight EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL has fights in training camp. Most just don't get hurt. It's a part of football.

An Hudson might not have played great but neither did Peyton Manning in his 1st season. So he was a horrible pick? There Gm Messed that draft up?

Ryfo18
01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Nothing like evaluating a draft class after one year. Seriously folks, you need at least 3 years to determine whether or not a draft class was good or bad.

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Nothing like evaluating a draft class after one year. Seriously folks, you need at least 3 years to determine whether or not a draft class was good or bad.

Not if ur my man orton all he needs to see is one game....didnt u see bj raji just tear it up yesterday.

nigeriannightmare
01-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Hes only a franchise nose tackle and went to the pro bowl last year including the biggest play in the NFC championship game last year.

But who needs a franchise Nose tackle anyway? You can get those anytime

So him going to the pro bowl last year makes up for the terrible year he had this year. I know a qb that made the pro bowl ladt year. Packers were dead last in most defensive categories, he sucked this year but hey hes a franchise nt he can have an off 16 games.

the defense is the reason new york won raji was terrible.

Jrudi
01-16-2012, 10:59 PM
haha hudson didnt play much this year, and when he did play he didnt play well.

Picking a 3/4 DE that cant do anything against the pass and is on 1/2 of the rushing plays. our third round pick from that year is not even on the roster.

Baldwin getting in fights with our team leader and then had 254 yds this year with a touchdown.

I would say those drafts didnt go too well

Hudson played good when he came in.... U did realize he started the Pittsburg game didn't you? that's right you probably didn't because he came in and didn't miss a beat, we didn't give up a sack all night, or have much pressure on the QB... here are a few notes about Hudson's play

12/06/11 - C/G Rodney Hudson may share the left guard position with veteran Ryan Lilja for the last month of the 2011 season. Hudson got a start when Lilja could not play due to a concussion. When Lilja returned for the Chicago game, Hudson got about 40 percent of the snaps.
12/04/11 - OG Rodney Hudson stepped in for LG Ryan Lilja periodically Sunday. Lilja missed the previous game due to a head injury. Hudson has really impressed the coaching staff with how well he's handled his playing time and improved from week to week. Expect Hudson to continue to get some snaps. 11/28/11 - G Rodney Hudson got high marks from the coaches for his performance against Pittsburgh on Sunday night. Filling in for an injured Ryan Lilja, Hudson "just needs to clean a few things up," coach Todd Haley said. Hudson was close to being the team's highest-rated lineman for the game.

C'mon Ryfo...you should know better... Chiefs fans like to grade a draft class after two games, if you are an offensive player and you haven't posted back to back 100yd rushing or receiving games with 2 tds to go along with it, or if you are a defensive player that hasn't recorded 2 sacks or int's in your first 2 games YOU'RE A BUST haha....

matthewschiefs
01-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Baldwin first round hudson second. Hudson didnt even play that much this year and when he did it wasnt good.

Really? Every team's first round picks get in fights during training camp and then are out for half of the year?

Shows a lot about this guys "character" which seems to be one of our highest priorities on draft day

Did I say every teams first round pick gets in a fight. Don't think I did. I said every team has fights. Witch is true. Guys get tired of hitting each other tempers flare it happens. That's not a gms fault.

Hudson was A ROOKIE. Again Peyton Manning played pretty bad his rookie year. So after that year there GM should have been fired for drafting him?

And Changing facts and just making stuff up is not the way to go. EVERY draft pick from last year is still on this roster and they could turn out to be good parts of this football team when you actually give them a chance to learn how to be NFL players. And why do you ignore Justin Houstons play at the end of the year. Why do you ignore the pressure that Allen Bailey got on qbs at the end of the year. Why do you constantly ignore the good things and only point to the bad. Doing so just makes you look well not so smart or a whiner. :ninerssuck: :ninerssuck:

dbolan
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
They have drafted 5 O Linemen since '08. Between those, the ones we had and free agency, you would tend to think that "sound" management would have resolved that "ongoing" concern by now. However, it still looms in the minds of many as a area of shortcoming.

I was under the impression that the talent of Pioli was to find serviceable talent that was in the later rounds and to use FA to supplement.

I guess my question is: Who is responsible for the final say in roster choices?

Bike
01-17-2012, 10:02 AM
when your TEAM LEADER is fighting with your FIRST ROUND PICK. That isnt common.

No it isn't. Baldwin came into camp with the wrong attitude and got on Haleys bad side from day one. Thats why I think Haley went to TJ and put a code red out on his a$$.

matthewschiefs
01-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Because I talked about baldwin getting in a fight with thomas jones and you made the response EVERY TEAM IN TRAINING CAMP HAS FIGHTS.

Yes that is true but there is a big difference when your TEAM LEADER is fighting with your FIRST ROUND PICK. That isnt common.

We can evaluate the 2009 draft if you choose to do so, the bad clearly overshadows the good of pioli.

Botched 2009 draft and needed a third round pick in houston to make even the 11 draft look "solid." I know it is too early to judge, but when you have your first and second round picks not even starting, you arent off to the greatest start Matt. You and I both know that why we contended for the division this year is because of the previous regime. The only true impact players pioli has given us, draft or FA have been Berry. 1 impact player in 3 seasons aint going to cut it. Notice I said IMPACT. But I should reserve judgement to see ewhat our guys can do but giving Pioli credit for any kind of turnaround is absolutely ludicrous when it has been the impact players of previous regimes. I think 2012 will be a make or break season for pioli. But hey, I have been saying for 3 seasons now let's get our line figured out, you get a GREAT line even bubby brister could come in and do well.

Cutting gaither and letting waters go HURT SO BAD

There are more then 1 impact player. Let me show you again

They ARE impact players

Moaeki Big red zone target. He made a number of red zone catches in 2010 losing him was a big reason the Chiefs struggled so much in the redzone in 2011 I would call that a Impact.

Mccluster Accounted for over 800 yards. No matter how he did it That's a Impact. He was a big part of the offense the times that that offense moved the ball no matter what he was "drafted for" results are what matter. Tom Brady was drafted to be Drew Bledsoes backup. So his results don't count?

Justin Houston 5.5 sacks is giving teams a threat of a pass rush so they can't just focus on Hali. If that keeps up that will help Hali get even more heat on Qbs. I call that an Impact.

Others that have made some impact
Arenas Has made some plays in coverage and was 2nd in returns in the NFL. Creating some field postion I would say that's an impact.

Succop Do I really need to go into that?

Kendrick Lewis. Made a number of plays in give him Berry and the safety spot is looking real good. I would say that's an impact when you look at what our safetys have been.

And I will add to it

Steve Breaston Over 700 yards as a number 2 WR what he was brought in to do. He gives ds someone eles to be worried about besides Bowe. I would also call that an Impact.

I think your problem is that you expect everyone to put up these monster numbers to say hey look there a impact player. They were a great pick. That's not how you build a team. Bringing in all the big stat guys what you would call impact players isn't a automatic winning move. Just ask Philly you no the dream team. Finished the same as us watched the playoffs at home.

figcrostic
01-17-2012, 06:13 PM
There are more then 1 impact player. Let me show you again

And I will add to it

Steve Breaston Over 700 yards as a number 2 WR what he was brought in to do. He gives ds someone eles to be worried about besides Bowe. I would also call that an Impact.

I think your problem is that you expect everyone to put up these monster numbers to say hey look there a impact player. They were a great pick. That's not how you build a team. Bringing in all the big stat guys what you would call impact players isn't a automatic winning move. Just ask Philly you no the dream team. Finished the same as us watched the playoffs at home.

I think Breaston is a legit number 2 WR the only reason he was 3rd WR is because he was behind Fitzgerald and Boldin two guys that would number 1's on about any team.

figcrostic
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Because I talked about baldwin getting in a fight with thomas jones and you made the response EVERY TEAM IN TRAINING CAMP HAS FIGHTS.

Yes that is true but there is a big difference when your TEAM LEADER is fighting with your FIRST ROUND PICK. That isnt common.

We can evaluate the 2009 draft if you choose to do so, the bad clearly overshadows the good of pioli.

Botched 2009 draft and needed a third round pick in houston to make even the 11 draft look "solid." I know it is too early to judge, but when you have your first and second round picks not even starting, you arent off to the greatest start Matt. You and I both know that why we contended for the division this year is because of the previous regime. The only true impact players pioli has given us, draft or FA have been Berry. 1 impact player in 3 seasons aint going to cut it. Notice I said IMPACT. But I should reserve judgement to see ewhat our guys can do but giving Pioli credit for any kind of turnaround is absolutely ludicrous when it has been the impact players of previous regimes. I think 2012 will be a make or break season for pioli. But hey, I have been saying for 3 seasons now let's get our line figured out, you get a GREAT line even bubby brister could come in and do well.

Cutting gaither and letting waters go HURT SO BAD

Baldwin is kind of a meh pick in that he is good we did need a WR but I agree it definetly was not our biggest need O-line was and still is. BTW Hudson was our 2nd pick not Houston. I think Houston was a great pick he looks like a younger version of Hali and to get him in the thrid is a pretty good pick.If you meant to say Hudson I can't agree with you either I think he was brought in to be under Weigman for a year and then start in 2012.

nigeriannightmare
01-18-2012, 08:29 AM
I dont think you understand what "impact" means.

Impact means that you have some of the top players in their respective positions.

Tamba Hali is an impact player, pro bowler

Flowers has been a lock down corner

Jamaal charles was what .1 yards away from the YPC record set by jim brown, that is impact.

Bowe led this team in catches, yards and TD's. That is impact.

Derrick Johnson led this team in tackles. Is a pro bowl player. Impact

Justin houston could be a future impact player, but he isnt one right now. When I say impact, I mean big time pro bowlers Matt.

Breaston is solid but he is not an "impact player." Bowe didnt even go to the pro bowl this year and he and breaston's numbers arent even similar. From what I can tell the addition of breaston and baldwin didn't help our passing game this year, do you?

U do realize for 4 games we had tyler palko at the helm right. He and caleb hainey, poor bear fans than were going to the playoffs till that happened, may just be the 2 worst qbs in the nfl.

Ryfo18
01-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Impact means that you have some of the top players in their respective positions.

Jamaal charles was what .1 yards away from the YPC record set by jim brown, that is impact.

Justin houston could be a future impact player, but he isnt one right now. When I say impact, I mean big time pro bowlers Matt.

Breaston is solid but he is not an "impact player." Bowe didnt even go to the pro bowl this year and he and breaston's numbers arent even similar. From what I can tell the addition of breaston and baldwin didn't help our passing game this year, do you?

So your argument is that Pioli is a bad GM because he can't put an impact player at every position on the field. How many teams have two "impact" WRs? Off the top of my head maybe the Cowboys, Falcons, and Giants.

Who is exactly is "impact" on the 49ers offense? The Patriots defense? Do the Ravens have more "impact" players than us (I would say no). How many "impact" players are on the Giants defense? Maybe 2 (Umenyiora and Jason Pierre-Paul).

I just rattled off the 4 teams that still have a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Their rosters aren't loaded with so called "impact players." They are filled with solid role players that don't put up flashy stats, but get the job done.

Simply put, your expectations are egregious.

OPLookn
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
So your argument is that Pioli is a bad GM because he can't put an impact player at every position on the field. How many teams have two "impact" WRs? Off the top of my head maybe the Cowboys, Falcons, and Giants.

Who is exactly is "impact" on the 49ers offense? The Patriots defense? Do the Ravens have more "impact" players than us (I would say no). How many "impact" players are on the Giants defense? Maybe 2 (Umenyiora and Jason Pierre-Paul).

I just rattled off the 4 teams that still have a shot at winning the Super Bowl. Their rosters aren't loaded with so called "impact players." They are filled with solid role players that don't put up flashy stats, but get the job done.

Simply put, your expectations are egregious.

Ship the guy an Eagles jersey and be done with him. It's apparent that the only thing this guy cares about are "impact players" and "play makers". Who cares if certain players he wants to collect play in a 4-3 defense and others play in a 3-4. If you've heard them on ESPN he wants them. For offense if every single player doesn't get 1000+ yards and make the pro bowl we don't need them.

Simply put the Chiefs are a machine and a machine is made up of a lot of moving parts. Some are bigger than others and are more apparent. If a small piece breaks and that holds the big piece in place it all comes loose. Translation you don't need 53 "impact" players or even 22, deal with it.

matthewschiefs
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM

Impact player is what it sounds like. Players who make an Impact on the game. Succop has made game winning kicks that's not an impact? Really? Arenas not only helps on D but helps to create field Position. So now you know more then any coach or GM and field position is not an Impact on the game? Giving the team anther threat in the passing game besides Bowe doesn't impact the game really? Moaki making catches in the red zone doesn't impact the game? Just look at how much this team struggled in the red zone this season and you see what Moaki's impact was. Mccluster was the 2nd best option that we had on Offense this year yard wise. Helping to move the ball is not a Impact? Yes I know it might not be exactly what he was drafted to be but results are what matter. And he has given this team results.

The fact is what you want is the big name players. THAT'S NOT A PROVEN WAY TO BUILD A TEAM. Just ask Philly and Dallas. How did they do in the playoffs?

You have to understand that not every player is drafted to be a pro bowl player. They are drafted because they can come in and be a part of a TEAM. And so far a good number of the draft picks made by Pioli have done that.

Jrudi
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Sorry, just started reading the thread, and wanted to jump in because I as well disagree with you...

Did you also ever think that Franchises have "PLANS" and every personnel decision is made for reasons we may not know??

Franchises don't usually make personnel decisions based on impulse... There are reasons they do thing, and many of those reasons the average fan doesn't take into consideration.

There are factors like salaries/ salary cap, contract negotiations, expiring contracts, injury and health issues that we do not know about, families, jobs, the livelihood of many individuals (it's called a general manager because they are managing a business, they don't just have to worry about the players, its the entire organization)

Long story short....You can look at it like Fantasy football if you want to, but that's why it's called "fantasy"....Fact is, this is reality, just like you go to work, you build a team like you would a business, if every employee you have is a star sales rep, who's going to answer the phones, and produce the product??? Everyone can't be the star sales rep ... Just like you cant have a team that consists of Tom Brady, Andre and Calvin Johnson , Vernon Davis, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Troy Paolmalu, Darell Revis, Clay Matthews, Justin Tuck, and Demarcus Ware. It's just not realistic. Would be nice...but it just doesn't work that way.

crazy_chiefs_fan
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Starting with Richardson. Hell yeah..send him packing. Jones on the other hand is a toss up. 1.) I dont think he was utilized properly like he was the previous season. The blocking was not as good. 2.) If not then Bush would be a great pick up. I like Jones but he needs to have someone else to help compliment him and JC wasnt there to help him.

Tyler can hit the bricks also. His determination to learn the plays and be a team leader were good and all but his arm was horrible.

I would have to agree with some of the others no one...not even Washington is going to pay a 2nd round pick for Cassel. Washington is sitting too high on the draft board to take Cassel and turn their nose up to RG3. I think he is in the same boat as Jones. Given the correct blocking scheme and a reliable running game he wont feel the pressure of having to carry the team and will perform like the previous season.

kcchiefsfan18
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Impact player is what it sounds like. Players who make an Impact on the game. Succop has made game winning kicks that's not an impact? Really? Arenas not only helps on D but helps to create field Position. So now you know more then any coach or GM and field position is not an Impact on the game? Giving the team anther threat in the passing game besides Bowe doesn't impact the game really? Moaki making catches in the red zone doesn't impact the game? Just look at how much this team struggled in the red zone this season and you see what Moaki's impact was. Mccluster was the 2nd best option that we had on Offense this year yard wise. Helping to move the ball is not a Impact? Yes I know it might not be exactly what he was drafted to be but results are what matter. And he has given this team results.

The fact is what you want is the big name players. THAT'S NOT A PROVEN WAY TO BUILD A TEAM. Just ask Philly and Dallas. How did they do in the playoffs?

You have to understand that not every player is drafted to be a pro bowl player. They are drafted because they can come in and be a part of a TEAM. And so far a good number of the draft picks made by Pioli have done that.

Couldn't agree with you more. More to building a team then just always trying to get big name players. Ask Dan Snyder.

chief31
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Sorry, just started reading the thread, and wanted to jump in because I as well disagree with you...

Did you also ever think that Franchises have "PLANS" and every personnel decision is made for reasons we may not know??

Franchises don't usually make personnel decisions based on impulse... There are reasons they do thing, and many of those reasons the average fan doesn't take into consideration.

There are factors like salaries/ salary cap, contract negotiations, expiring contracts, injury and health issues that we do not know about, families, jobs, the livelihood of many individuals (it's called a general manager because they are managing a business, they don't just have to worry about the players, its the entire organization)

Long story short....You can look at it like Fantasy football if you want to, but that's why it's called "fantasy"....Fact is, this is reality, just like you go to work, you build a team like you would a business, if every employee you have is a star sales rep, who's going to answer the phones, and produce the product??? Everyone can't be the star sales rep ... Just like you cant have a team that consists of Tom Brady, Andre and Calvin Johnson , Vernon Davis, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Troy Paolmalu, Darell Revis, Clay Matthews, Justin Tuck, and Demarcus Ware. It's just not realistic. Would be nice...but it just doesn't work that way.

This is as good a response as there is.

Rep.

AkChief49
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM

You just described the "Patriot way". Belichick has done a pretty good job(love him or hate him)in the cap era. All the wheeling and dealing he does on draft day, the value of the 2-3 round picks etc. Heard on the TV yesterday that there are only 7 players on the team from their last superbowl-7.

Jrudi
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
You just described the "Patriot way". Belichick has done a pretty good job(love him or hate him)in the cap era. All the wheeling and dealing he does on draft day, the value of the 2-3 round picks etc. Heard on the TV yesterday that there are only 7 players on the team from their last superbowl-7.

The fact is....I think fan's get caught up in the idea that this game is a Fantasy because we watch it on TV, and that they really know how to build a team because of fantasy football.

The reality is, an NFL organization is a REAL BUSINESS, and there are many variables and factors that go into the decisions that are made, some of those factors are uncontrollable. We can create these wish lists, but in reality there is more that goes into managing an organization that the fans don't even have on their radar...

70 chiefsfan70
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
The fact is....I think fan's get caught up in the idea that this game is a Fantasy because we watch it on TV, and that they really know how to build a team because of fantasy football.

The reality is, an NFL organization is a REAL BUSINESS, and there are many variables and factors that go into the decisions that are made, some of those factors are uncontrollable. We can create these wish lists, but in reality there is more that goes into managing an organization that the fans don't even have on their radar...

THIS!!!!!!!

Jrudi
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
THIS!!!!!!!

Thank you haha

dbolan
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM

Good read Jrudi...

While I agree with this from a business perspective, it is not for the fans to worry about the business process. It is the job of the "manager/owner" to produce a quality product for the fans and to enhance their own marketability.

From a customer's perspective, the end result is the only vision and rightfully so.

Consistency is the key with any business model.

Jrudi
01-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Good read Jrudi...

While I agree with this from a business perspective, it is not for the fans to worry about the business process. It is the job of the "manager/owner" to produce a quality product for the fans and to enhance their own marketability.

From a customer's perspective, the end result is the only vision and rightfully so.

Consistency is the key with any business model.

I'm not saying that it is the fans job to worry about all of this.

I am simply saying that if a fan wants to criticize the job that a general manager is doing because they feel we should field a roster full of fantasy studs. That they need to take into perspective the many other things that affect how the business is ran, and how a team is put together.

I agree the overall idea is to increase the marketability of the franchise (although winning will fix that) just ask the cowboys, redskins, and eagles how only focusing on the marketability of a franchise based on signing big name players has worked out for them....

Winning increases marketability...Not stars...The Packers, Steelers, and Patriots have the biggest following across the country, and they have 1 big star a piece....The QB.. the rest of the Team are not household names. Their fan following has came from a history of winning traditions. The cowboys can be argued to have a big fan following across the county as well, but it has fallen off, just like their playoff success in recent history