PDA

View Full Version : OC Position

Jrudi
01-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Just seeing if anyone has heard any news...

I did just read some neat information I was unaware of....

Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael, Jr. was also part of that staff, serving as Cleveland’s tight ends coach.

I had thought of Rob Chudzinski, because he was the OC with Crennel in Cleveland when they posted the only winning season of the current Browns history, and he has had success in San Diego, and this season in Carolina..... But he has been interviewed for multiple HC positions throughout the league so I'm not sure he will come in as an OC if he has a chance to be a HC.

Would love to see Carmichael Jr. here though...

Any other news, thoughts, connections????

nicfre2011
01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I like Carmichael and Tom Clements as options. I would really like to see a young, dynamic offensive mind added to the staff. I could see Carmichael being a really good option now as an OC with the idea he could be an option in the future as a head coach candidate.

Chief Concerns
01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I like Carmichael and Tom Clements as options. I would really like to see a young, dynamic offensive mind added to the staff. I could see Carmichael being a really good option now as an OC with the idea he could be an option in the future as a head coach candidate.

Clements would be a great choice if we could bring him in. He could really help Stanzi develop. He has worked well with Rodgers and Flynn in GB.

:kc:

matthewschiefs
01-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I have not heard anything on this yet. I hope we here something in the next few days. It would be great to have the guy hired sooner rather then later.

whackojacko58
01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
there really being hush hush, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be zorn

Jrudi
01-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Read this on SB Nation, and it bring up a good point..."You'd have to assume that since Crennel has already came out and said that he's still going to be calling plays for the defense and therefore, still heavily involved with that side of the ball. That whoever is hired as the offensive coordinator will have to have had experience as an offensive coordinator already. You most likely won't be seeing a positional coach get his first crack at offensive coordinator with the Chiefs in 2012."

Ive also heard that Brad Childress, Brian Daboll, and of course Hue Jackson are all linked to us...

2010chiefs
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Jan. 13, 2012 3:48 p.m. - by Bob Gretz - Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16857560)
For the position of offensive coordinator, coach Romeo Crennel says he has his eyes on several candidates who are coaching in the playoffs. “We’ve got some candidates we’ve got lined up that we’re going to talk to in the next week here,” Crennel said. “Then, we’ll see what’s the best fit for us and we’ll do what’s best for the Chiefs.” Chiefs RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/KC)

Jrudi
01-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Jan. 13, 2012 3:48 p.m. - by Bob Gretz - Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16857560)
For the position of offensive coordinator, coach Romeo Crennel says he has his eyes on several candidates who are coaching in the playoffs. “We’ve got some candidates we’ve got lined up that we’re going to talk to in the next week here,” Crennel said. “Then, we’ll see what’s the best fit for us and we’ll do what’s best for the Chiefs.” Chiefs RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/KC)

So..this was on last Friday.... which means the candidates are on either the Packers, Pats, Giants, 49ers, Saints, or Broncos, Ravens, or Texans

The three names that pop out to me are Pete Carmichael Jr. from the saints (Which would be awesome!), Tom Clements (QB's coach/Offensive assistant), or Mike McCoy from the Broncos (which I've heard he is being interviewed for HC positions....

Would love either Carmichael Jr. or Clements!

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Friends here in KC said they saw Al Saunders at the Plaza dining recently, which means he's in town for some special reason...just sayin!! :)

okikcfan
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Friends here in KC said they saw Al Saunders at the Plaza dining recently, which means he's in town for some special reason...just sayin!! :)

Sweet! :yahoo:

matthewschiefs
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM

Can only hope that they see him more often :D

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Sweet! :yahoo:

Well, don't get too excited yet. Even if in town for an interview, doesn't necessarily mean he'll get the job...but there's indication for hope, anyway!

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
If he is hired as our OC, this will be his third employment in KC. First was from 89 through the Montana-Allen era...as a WR's coach & asst. HC. Second time was during Vermeils era, as our OC & asst. HC. I'm counting on a third time as being the SUPER BOWL charm! Let's just hope he will be hired!!

okikcfan
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, don't get too excited yet. Even if in town for an interview, doesn't necessarily mean he'll get the job...but there's indication for hope, anyway!

I always hope for the best :party-smiley-048: :bounce016: :party-smiley-048: :bounce016:

Connie Jo
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I always hope for the best :party-smiley-048: :bounce016: :party-smiley-048: :bounce016:

Me too!!!

whackojacko58
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
id like to see al saunders back, him and zorn will be a great coaching combo. plus maybe will keep muir as oline again?

bricooper78
01-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Marty Shottenheimer came to a Chiefs game this year, but he's not back lol

I totally agree, Saunders is a good guy, we have weapons, they just need good solid direction and a decent game plan

Connie Jo
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Marty Shottenheimer came to a Chiefs game this year, but he's not back lol

I totally agree, Saunders is a good guy, we have weapons, they just need good solid direction and a decent game plan

Marty was at the game because he was inducted into the Chiefs HOF early in 2011, and that game he attended was related to his induction. He's also a KC Chiefs Amassador now, so will be in KC for those related events from time to time.

Unless Al was here to visit friends, he was here on business.

bricooper78
01-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Ah, I didn't put that together, I won't lie, I got kinda excited seeing ol' Marty on tv at Arrowhead! Reminded me of a lot of good old days, and I think that was also the day after Willie Roaf went on a trivia overload on his Twitter account. it was a great "back in the day" weekend lol

I can really see Hue Jackson coming to town for an interview too tho, this is going to be an interesting off season. Sure hope Romeo gets these guys lined up, who is going to stop us in the west? NOBODY.

okikcfan
01-18-2012, 09:45 AM
The Donkeys have done well this season thanks to Tebow, Elway has claimed him as there starter for the 2012 season and are at a high risk of losing there OC and DC to other teams, Tebow's time is up. The Faiders lost there HC, they have J Cambell as a QB and no picks in the first 5 ( I Believe ) rounds of the draft because of Carson Palmer...and the old and ageing Dolts still under Norv and AJ are still going to be the old and ageing Dolts. This will be a very very good year for Chiefs Fans. AFC West Champs in 2012!

70 chiefsfan70
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
The Donkeys have done well this season thanks to Tebow, Elway has claimed him as there starter for the 2012 season and are at a high risk of losing there OC and DC to other teams, Tebow's time is up. The Faiders lost there HC, they have J Cambell as a QB and no picks in the first 5 ( I Believe ) rounds of the draft because of Carson Palmer...and the old and ageing Dolts still under Norv and AJ are still going to be the old and ageing Dolts. This will be a very very good year for Chiefs Fans. AFC West Champs in 2012!

I will happily agree!

dbolan
01-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Read this on SB Nation, and it bring up a good point..."You'd have to assume that since Crennel has already came out and said that he's still going to be calling plays for the defense and therefore, still heavily involved with that side of the ball. That whoever is hired as the offensive coordinator will have to have had experience as an offensive coordinator already. You most likely won't be seeing a positional coach get his first crack at offensive coordinator with the Chiefs in 2012."

Ive also heard that Brad Childress, Brian Daboll, and of course Hue Jackson are all linked to us...

Childress would be a really good one! Seriously.:punk:

nigeriannightmare
01-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Childress would be a really good one! Seriously.:punk:

The minnesita offense was pretty good when he was oc, you know theres a difference right. Look at wade phillips, dom capers, norv turner, mike nolan all excellent coordinators bad head coaches. You are so short sigbted.....oh no wait u say crennel is gonna bomb because of his failure in cleveland with the talented teams he had there..

Seek
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Can only hope that they see him more often :D
UHH I may be wrong but I believe he lives in KC. His family never moved after leaving the chiefs. At least I seem to recall that being the case based on a radio interview he did just this year.

Seek
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I think you will have to see some Head Coaches hired first before you see more action on the OC front. Most high profile OC may still be hoping to land a HC spot.

dbolan
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
The minnesita offense was pretty good when he was oc, you know theres a difference right. Look at wade phillips, dom capers, norv turner, mike nolan all excellent coordinators bad head coaches. You are so short sigbted.....oh no wait u say crennel is gonna bomb because of his failure in cleveland with the talented teams he had there..

Do you enjoy following me around and being a d/ck??

I said Childress would be a good OC...That is that. And the reason is due to his success as OC.

And yes, I still do not have any confidence in RC as our HC. To remain as DC, I could buy into that. Time will tell.

nigeriannightmare
01-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Do you enjoy following me around and being a d/ck??

I said Childress would be a good OC...That is that. And the reason is due to his success as OC.

And yes, I still do not have any confidence in RC as our HC. To remain as DC, I could buy into that. Time will tell.

Do unto others.....u gonna ridicule me u bet ur arse im gonna be a d***....deal with it i deal with ur crap.