PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Championship Games

pojote
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
1. What a horrible O-line has NYG, maybe Barry can play there.
2. NE has more luck than any other team, but an O-line that gives a lot of time, and makes Green-Ellis looks pretty good (not that he isn't)
3. Alex Smith and Flacco are keeping their teams away from being unstoppable.

Comments on above remarks: If we build a better O-line, even Cassel can look good, but with a good QB (not great, just good enough) you can win championships, even with a bad O-line.
I hope Cassel won't be the reason that keep us away from being great.

nigeriannightmare
01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Two botched punts by a rookie are hardly the result of alex smith, that resulted in 10 pts and led to theie loss. Hes mobile has a good arm one full off season with harbaugh and i have a feeling hes gonna be quite good next year.

Both games were entertaining and it sucks that baltinore and san francisco lost in the fashion they did, what a way to end ur seas on.
man san franiscos defense is good. they took some heat for drafting aldon smith but hes what 21, what an athelete.

#58ChiefsFan
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Learning that ben Jarvis green Ellis has never fumbled in the NFL was pretty wild. NE doesn't use him a ton but that is impressive.

I'd like to see a rule changed about what a fumble is. When SF stood up that RB and ripped the rock from him and had a call that forward momentum has stopped was pretty weak. Even going back to last week IMO the RB body should have to come to a stop on the ground before the play is over. Your still in the act of being tackled until then and the defense should have the opportunity to take that ball.

figcrostic
01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
1. What a horrible O-line has NYG, maybe Barry can play there.
2. NE has more luck than any other team, but an O-line that gives a lot of time, and makes Green-Ellis looks pretty good (not that he isn't)
3. Alex Smith and Flacco are keeping their teams away from being unstoppable.

Comments on above remarks: If we build a better O-line, even Cassel can look good, but with a good QB (not great, just good enough) you can win championships, even with a bad O-line.
I hope Cassel won't be the reason that keep us away from being great.
1. 49ers defense does that to everyone I don't think the Giants line is that bad
2. NE is very lucky
3. I don't think Alex Smith is much then Cassel he has a better arm and is a better runner back he has terrible accuracy and makes poor decisions but the punt returner lost that game for them.

dbolan
01-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Both winners had LUCK on their side.

I root for the Giants in this SB.

matthewschiefs
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
If the pats win the superbowl Lee Evens gets a ring If the Giants win the superbowl Kyle Williams gets a ring.

ctchiefsfan
01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
ANYBODY but the SPLATS!!!!

70 chiefsfan70
01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
I was rooting for the Harbough brothers..............now I'm rooting, for any team other than the Pats.

Lazeye
01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I am going for the AFC team always

nigeriannightmare
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Had the two mizzou boys made it, justin smith is from our state capitol i would have had a hard time cheering against them but im pulling for brian waters and his chance for a ring.....what a way to end ur career a superbowl ring.

okikcfan
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM

AMEN!

Canada
01-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Im going for Brian Waters

N TX Dave
01-26-2012, 03:14 AM
I am going for the AFC also as I always do unless it is the tRaiders I just cannot root for them no matter what. I am also pulling for Brian Waters.

Canada
01-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Im also going to drink a lot of beer on SuperBowl sunday!!

KristofLaw
01-26-2012, 06:53 AM
They were both very entertaining games imo, my eyes were closed on that final play of the Patriots game in fact... great surprise what I heard but did not see.

1. The G-men's line isn't all that bad imo.
2. Yeah and..... :D
3. I disagree greatly... this was by far Smith's best year & if he plays the way he did last year they will be very strong contenders next season. And the Joe Flacco comment, you gotta be kidding, I think that was the best game I've seen him play. In fact I think the idea to gun with Brady was there downfall in spite of Flacco's performance. If they run the ball they would have won that game outright... who knows though, just this man's humble opinion. :D

nigeriannightmare
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Im also going to drink a lot of beer on SuperBowl sunday!!

And rumpleminze.......100 proof scnapps and its delicious.

pojote
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
They were both very entertaining games imo, my eyes were closed on that final play of the Patriots game in fact... great surprise what I heard but did not see.

1. The G-men's line isn't all that bad imo.
2. Yeah and..... :D
3. I disagree greatly... this was by far Smith's best year & if he plays the way he did last year they will be very strong contenders next season. And the Joe Flacco comment, you gotta be kidding, I think that was the best game I've seen him play. In fact I think the idea to gun with Brady was there downfall in spite of Flacco's performance. If they run the ball they would have won that game outright... who knows though, just this man's humble opinion. :D

1. We will see next Sunday if they allow that many pressures and sacks.
3. Well, it's just an opinion.

Canada
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
And rumpleminze.......100 proof scnapps and its delicious.What time should I be there?:drunkhb:

TopekaRoy
01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
And rumpleminze.......100 proof scnapps and its delicious.

Absolutely my favorite shot! It's expensive, but worth it.

Goldschlagger, Aftershock, and Jagermeister are also good for a change of pace, but 95% of the time, when I buy a shot, it's Rumple Minze.

nigeriannightmare
01-26-2012, 07:28 PM
What time should I be there?:drunkhb:

What time do u get up.....

Canada
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
What time do u get up.....Who said I sleep?? :D

nigeriannightmare
01-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Who said I sleep?? :D

Hahaha. Well fresh squeezed oj for the vodka starts at 7 am, bring that canadian hooch and we are in business....

okikcfan
01-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Hahaha. Well fresh squeezed oj for the vodka starts at 7 am, bring that canadian hooch and we are in business....

:lol: I think he's sleeping :biggrin:

Chiefster
01-27-2012, 02:13 AM
:lol: I think he's sleeping :biggrin:

Canada doesn't go to sleep, sleep goes to Canada.

OPLookn
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM

Canada once took a sleeping pill, it made him blink.

OPLookn
01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Chiefster
01-27-2012, 08:08 PM
The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Almost correct; it sweats in hopes of being the next beer Canada drinks.

Canada
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM

Canada once took a sleeping pill, it made him blink.

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.Im adding this to my sig!! :bananen_smilies046:

Almost correct; it sweats in hopes of being the next beer Canada drinks.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Connie Jo
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm rooting for the Pats...on behalf of Brian Waters to get a ring prior to retiring, also, on behalf of friends I have who are loyal Pat's fans. Lastly, because I'm a Brady fan, it goes back to his Wolverine days, and because he's proof you can draft a legend in the 6th round...hahahaha.

okikcfan
01-30-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm rooting for the Pats...on behalf of Brian Waters to get a ring prior to retiring, also, on behalf of friends I have who are loyal Pat's fans. Lastly, because I'm a Brady fan, it goes back to his Wolverine days, and because he's proof you can draft a legend in the 6th round...hahahaha.

THAT and I'm just an old AFC kinda guy!