PDA

View Full Version : Muir still wants to coach

2010chiefs
01-24-2012, 11:12 PM
When Bill Muir left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the 2008 season, he was talking about retirement. But Todd Haley talked him into joining the Chiefs. Haley is now gone and the 69-year old Muir will be demoted from offensive coordinator if he stays. So why stay? “I’m a football coach,” Muir said. “It’s what I do. I coach.” Chiefs RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/KC)

josh1971
01-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Ummmmm.....

Please no?

crazy_chiefs_fan
01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Josh is a little bit more pleasant about it than I would be.

Uh..Hell no!!

dbolan
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Do any of you know who was or was not calling the plays when Haley was there? Hear say is that all plays went through Haley and he wuld change if he wanted too. Did he change the bad plays to good ones or the good plays to bad ones?

Who called the plays when Haley left? Folks seemed to be happy with the results after he was gone.

Just wondering who was the bad play caller or not.

Ryfo18
01-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Do any of you know who was or was not calling the plays when Haley was there? Hear say is that all plays went through Haley and he wuld change if he wanted too. Did he change the bad plays to good ones or the good plays to bad ones?

Who called the plays when Haley left? Folks seemed to be happy with the results after he was gone.

This is actually very true from what I've heard as well.

Muir won't be the play caller as it is (Romeo has already stated such).

OPLookn
01-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Of course the guy is going to say what he said. He wants to keep his job. I'd have more confidence in Muir if this wasn't his first full time OC position. He was one of several OC's in Tampa Bay but his primary job there was still OL coach. I'm not opposed to keeping him or finding a new guy. I'd have to say that I lean towards finding a new OC though. Someone that can do the job without a doubt and let Crennel concentrate on being a DC/HC. The last thing we need is him worrying about the offense too.

70 chiefsfan70
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Of course the guy is going to say what he said. He wants to keep his job. I'd have more confidence in Muir if this wasn't his first full time OC position. He was one of several OC's in Tampa Bay but his primary job there was still OL coach. I'm not opposed to keeping him or finding a new guy. I'd have to say that I lean towards finding a new OC though. Someone that can do the job without a doubt and let Crennel concentrate on being a DC/HC. The last thing we need is him worrying about the offense too.

I agree! Crennel is all about defense, and he needs a very good OC that is proven and has done his job successfully.

matthewschiefs
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I have no problem with him staying on as long as he's not in the OC spot.

whackojacko58
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM
wish wed hear something out of kc crennel... al saunders is out there, hugh jackson, maybe were waiting to see how peyton's drama goes down to talk to him see who he wants :>

whackojacko58
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM
i know im drinking the koolaid hard core

Jrudi
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
wish wed hear something out of kc crennel... al saunders is out there, hugh jackson, maybe were waiting to see how peyton's drama goes down to talk to him see who he wants :>

Let's just Hire him as our OC....He's been the OC in Indy since 98' haha