PDA

View Full Version : defensive tackle

whackojacko58
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm starting to feel like will never fill this need with a young talent, just keep bringing in two to three year players to fill the gap, i think gregg did a good job filling the gap but i just never trust defensive tackles since we took the best pick in the draft... ryan sims..... I DON'T TRUST D TACKLS... damn you ryan sims:whipping1:

Canada
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I think replacing Barry Richardson at RT should be the first priority!!

dbolan
01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Maybe Richardson could play DT?? haha

Canada
01-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe Richardson could play DT?? hahaOffense defense...does not matter...everyone runs past him. I bet he could make a good living as a matador!!

Three7s
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I want Paul Soliai from Miami.

chiefnut
01-28-2012, 10:49 PM
remember about 6 weeks ago i said to keep an eye on Devon Still, DT i just saw he is espns top rated DT and he plays in a 3-4 not much chance he falls to us tho

bigwigbob
01-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I would like to see them sign a vet and draft a rookie high to fill the DT spot. Then ACTUALLY PLAY THE ROOKIE THIS SEASON

70 chiefsfan70
01-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Or WATERBOY!

wolfpack
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM

Soliai wouldbe a great pickup. I`m guessing he plays 2 gap NT.If he makes it to open market he wontbe cheap.

Canada
01-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Or WATERBOY!nah...he'd still find a way to false start.

josh1971
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM
He spent a lot of time off the field, but I'm still interested to see what Powe can do. I'm not saying we shouldn't go for someone great at the position, but if Powe is actually good and could add depth, that would be pure bonus.

nicfre2011
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM

Bingo! Signing Soliai as a free agent would give us alot of flexibility going into the draft.

AkChief49
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
I think replacing Barry Richardson at RT should be the first priority!!

Or WATERBOY!

I go with the first comment by Canada.
According to the Pro Football Focus 2012 NFL Free Agent Tracker (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/2012-free-agent-tracker/), Richardson is the worst-ranked player—not tackle, but worst-ranked player—on the market. And it's not even close.

nicfre2011
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
I go with the first comment by Canada.
According to the Pro Football Focus 2012 NFL Free Agent Tracker (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/2012-free-agent-tracker/), Richardson is the worst-ranked player—not tackle, but worst-ranked player—on the market. And it's not even close.

Trade down in the first round a couple of picks and get an additional third (maybe to pick 15) and draft Mike Adams from Ohio State. He has the physical skill set and potential to get a look at left tackle, but could likely start from Day 1 at right tackle for us. Also, we need to consider the fact that at this moment we have no starting right tackle on the roster and little to no depth at tackle.

OPLookn
02-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Trade down in the first round a couple of picks and get an additional third (maybe to pick 15) and draft Mike Adams from Ohio State. He has the physical skill set and potential to get a look at left tackle, but could likely start from Day 1 at right tackle for us. Also, we need to consider the fact that at this moment we have no starting right tackle on the roster and little to no depth at tackle.

I have a question and will try to find the answer later if someone doesn't know. But Mike Adams has come from nowhere. Does anyone know where he was projected before the Senior Bowl? I ask because from things I've read he's reaping the benefit of a good Senior Bowl. I'd be more apt to taking Martin or Reiff with our 1st pick than someone that's vaulted up the board because of one good game...if that's the case.

I just looked on WalterFootball.com (not the end all be all I know) but they have him as the 39th best player in the draft. Why on Earth would we want to draft him with our 1st pick if more than likely he'll be there in the 2nd? Again that's not the end all be all and his draft stock could move.

jap1
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I have a question and will try to find the answer later if someone doesn't know. But Mike Adams has come from nowhere. Does anyone know where he was projected before the Senior Bowl? I ask because from things I've read he's reaping the benefit of a good Senior Bowl. I'd be more apt to taking Martin or Reiff with our 1st pick than someone that's vaulted up the board because of one good game...if that's the case.

I just looked on WalterFootball.com (not the end all be all I know) but they have him as the 39th best player in the draft. Why on Earth would we want to draft him with our 1st pick if more than likely he'll be there in the 2nd? Again that's not the end all be all and his draft stock could move.

Off field issues have hurt him, but his play is pulling him back into the 1st round. He has always been considered to have 1st round talent, but he was suspended for the first 4 games this season because of the Ohio State drama that he was involved in. He was thought to be a steal in the 2nd round if he doesnt get into any trouble in the pros.

Everyone thought he had the talent to be a 1st rounder, but after the senior bowl, some people say he is maybe equal in skill set and ability to Reiff and Martin.

nicfre2011
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM

I have liked Adams for quite some time. I like him better than Martin and to be honest with you I think most people have forgotten about him with all of the talk being centered around Kalil, Reiff and Martin but in reality he has a ton of potential as I mentioned before and while most talk about Adams is about the left side (and I think he has the ability to project well there), I really like him as a right tackle that has the size you look for and the footwork to possibly make a move to the left depending on what happens to Albert down the road. His senior bowl performance is just bringing his talent and potential to the forefront now.

jap1
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I have liked Adams for quite some time. I like him better than Martin and to be honest with you I think most people have forgotten about him with all of the talk being centered around Kalil, Reiff and Martin but in reality he has a ton of potential as I mentioned before and while most talk about Adams is about the left side (and I think he has the ability to project well there), I really like him as a right tackle that has the size you look for and the footwork to possibly make a move to the left depending on what happens to Albert down the road. His senior bowl performance is just bringing his talent and potential to the forefront now.

I also think he projects better right away on the right side. On the right side you are always looking for someone who is a better run blocker. I think he has that mean streak and better strength than Reiff and Martin, which you look for in a run blocker.

I wouldnt hate it if we were to pick him up after sliding down a few spots. Put him at RT and we have a pair of beastly bookends.

Dream scenario: Both Decastro and Adams slip down the draft board a little bit to the mid 20s. We trade down from 12 to about 20 for a 3rd round pick and grab Decastro. Then we trade our 2nd and the new 3rd round pick to move up to the mid to late 20s and get Adams too.

None of that is likely to happen, but a man can wish right?

70 chiefsfan70
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I also think he projects better right away on the right side. On the right side you are always looking for someone who is a better run blocker. I think he has that mean streak and better strength than Reiff and Martin, which you look for in a run blocker.

I wouldnt hate it if we were to pick him up after sliding down a few spots. Put him at RT and we have a pair of beastly bookends.

Dream scenario: Both Decastro and Adams slip down the draft board a little bit to the mid 20s. We trade down from 12 to about 20 for a 3rd round pick and grab Decastro. Then we trade our 2nd and the new 3rd round pick to move up to the mid to late 20s and get Adams too.

Now that would be sweet! But I'll have to agree, its not likely to happen.

OPLookn
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM

If you could just go ahead and email that to Pioli that'd be greeeeaaat. Had to put in the Office Space reference. In all seriousness though...yes please! I've wanted Decastro as much as a kid wants sugar. To trade back up into the first and get another first round talent and lock down our line for almost a decade to come. That and we'd still have just as many picks as before.

To be honest I never knew much about Adams which was why I was asking. If the talent is there and it wasn't just hype because a player had a good Senior Bowl then I'm all for it!