PDA

View Full Version : Tradition

luv
10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Do you have anything that you ALWAYS do before/during a game? A certain food you eat? A certain jersey you wear?

I bout my Jared Allen jersey at the home opener. We won. I wore it last week during the game. We won. Guess what I'll be wearing tomorrow. :D

Chiefster
10-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I go to church; does that count?

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 02:23 PM
for home games.

before me and my dad go to bed, drink a beer. we wake up, drink 2 beers. on the way to the game we drink 3 beers. before the game we drink 10-20 beers. and on the way to our seats, we chant the tomahawk chop song.

thats my routine.

it might not work every time but we get our daily and much needed beers.

hermhater
Do you have anything that you ALWAYS do before/during a game? A certain food you eat? A certain jersey you wear?

I bout my Jared Allen jersey at the home opener. We won. I wore it last week during the game. We won. Guess what I'll be wearing tomorrow. :D

Nothing??? :lol:

m0ef0e
I wear Priest for home games and DT for away games. (I wore Priest the first 2 weeks while the Chiefs were on the road. Wore Priest at the home opener and wore DT last week.) I hope I have now found the working pattern.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 02:24 PM
for home games.

before me and my dad go to bed, drink a beer. we wake up, drink 2 beers. on the way to the game we drink 3 beers. before the game we drink 10-20 beers. and on the way to our seats, we chant the tomahawk chop song.

thats my routine.

Gotta take your vitamins girly!

luv
10-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I go to church; does that count?
As long as you pray for a win. :p

luv
10-06-2007, 02:33 PM
for home games.

thats my routine.

My dad has season tickets, but I don't always get to go.

chief31
10-06-2007, 02:35 PM
A couple of years ago, I tried to adopt my own alcohol related ritual for the games. It didn't work. I decided I was going to drink a "shot" of Jaggermeister, for evey Chiefs touchdown. For two weeks, I had one shot per game. The third game, (I think it was in '04) I alterred the rules. I decided that I would drink a shot, for every score, by either team. I don't remember what the final score was, because I blacked-out. After that, I decided I would abandon the idea and drink when I wanted to.

Currently, I have no specific rituals.

anaeelbackwards
10-06-2007, 02:35 PM
My dad has season tickets, but I don't always get to go.

hehehe. me and my dad pay half-half, so my dad better be taking me. :0)

sling58
10-06-2007, 02:49 PM
i turn off the cellie and make sure no one calls and have to have a beer.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 02:52 PM
A couple of years ago, I tried to adopt my own alcohol related ritual for the games. It didn't work. I decided I was going to drink a "shot" of Jaggermeister, for evey Chiefs touchdown. For two weeks, I had one shot per game. The third game, (I think it was in '04) I alterred the rules. I decided that I would drink a shot, for every score, by either team. I don't remember what the final score was, because I blacked-out. After that, I decided I would abandon the idea and drink when I wanted to.

Currently, I have no specific rituals.

I try not to drink DURING the game.

I don't have the ability to record it and want to remember every single play.

Still doesn't work though.

Chiefster
10-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I try not to drink DURING the game.

I don't have the ability to record it and want to remember every single play.

Still doesn't work though.

Two words: Near Beer.

m0ebr0
10-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I got to Church wearing my DT jersey. Then come home and watch.

hermhater
10-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Two words: Near Beer.

Is that like Diet Coke?

Chiefster
10-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Is that like Diet Coke?

Nearly. :D

sling58
10-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I got to Church wearing my DT jersey. Then come home and watch.

Nice. DT jersey and a tie! Classic church going wear.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Nice. DT jersey and a tie! Classic church going wear.

A long tradition of proper theological attire.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
A long tradition of proper theological attire.

What jersey do you wear to church Chiefster?

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
What jersey do you wear to church Chiefster?

Seems to me "Priest" would be the proper church going attire.

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Seems to me "Priest" would be the proper church going attire.

Unless of course you grew up an altar boy...

Dear Lord please forgive me for the altart boy thing, and be with the starving pygmies in...

hermhater
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Unless of course you grew up an altar boy...

Dear Lord please forgive me for the altart boy thing, and be with the starving pygmies in...

From the way Chiefster was talking about his church, he has to services Saturday night, and Two on Sunday.

Sounds to me like he is either Catholic, or at a long shot Southern Baptist.

Do we need a poll, or even yet a bet!

(Just teasin' Chiefster! We love ya!)

:sign0103::lol: :D :toast2: :sign0098: :beer:

luv
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM
From the way Chiefster was talking about his church, he has to services Saturday night, and Two on Sunday.

I was a Baptist. Never went to church on Saturday. Of course, there was a Southern Baptist church I went to that got so many members, they had to open up a Saturday evening service. I felt like one of a number there, so I went to a smaller church.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM

No you got that wrong .. he heads to service on Saturday night so he can get there by 2 on Sunday. Cmon Grandpa Drive already.

:lol::lol::lol:

hermhater
10-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I was a Baptist. Never went to church on Saturday. Of course, there was a Southern Baptist church I went to that got so many members, they had to open up a Saturday evening service. I felt like one of a number there, so I went to a smaller church.

It wasn't meant as a slam at his denomination, just that those two are generally the ones with the most multi weekend services.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
No you got that wrong .. he heads to service on Saturday night so he can get there by 2 on Sunday. Cmon Grandpa Drive already.

:lol::lol::lol:

Grandpa jokes are starting to worry me.

I am not that far behind the old Guy!

:lol: :11: :D :toast2:

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 11:51 PM

Huh??? I never said that? I go to the "Church of God" (Pentecostal, please spare me the Holy Roller jokes); Sunday's and Wednesdays, but because it's out of town and I sit with my mom on Sunday nights I only go on Sunday mornings.

Guru
10-09-2007, 12:53 AM

I have given up all my traditions. none of them work.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 01:20 AM

Looks like it is time to take it off.
:lol:
Would ya at least take it off for Jared lol.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 01:21 AM

Same here.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Same here.

It's strange! works that way in computers.

Never seems to work the same way twice.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It's strange! works that way in computers.

Never seems to work the same way twice.

Huh????

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Huh????

Trying to duplicate and error, always seems to be something else wrong.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Trying to duplicate and error, always seems to be something else wrong.

Ok. :D