PDA

View Full Version : o cordinator mostly likely with pats

slc chief
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
since it has taken this long. i think our new coordinator is with the pats as we speak

whackojacko58
01-27-2012, 06:51 PM
also gotta think we could go that route on d as well id prefer mangini and yea idk what to think for our o we haven't said much about muir

matthewschiefs
01-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't think it will be from the Pats since there OC is already taking a new job with Penn State I don't think we will go with a pats guy.

okikcfan
01-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Bill O'Brien or Kevin Gilbride maybe?

Three7s
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
also gotta think we could go that route on d as well id prefer mangini and yea idk what to think for our o we haven't said much about muir
Crennel already said he's gonna be the DC.

Jrudi
01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
2 names from New England......

Chad O'shea: Wide Recievers Coach
16th Season as a coach, 9th in the NFL
Was hired by New England in 2009. O'Shea joined the Patriots in 2009 after spending three seasons as offensive assistant/wide receivers coach for the Minnesota Vikings (2006-08), assisting Minnesota's offensive coordinator and the Vikings' wide receivers coach.

Ironically O' shea's first NFL coacing experience cam with the Kansas City Chiefs in where he served as a volunteer special teams assistant in 2003 and assisted with special teams and linebackers for two seasons from 2004-05.

O'Shea played quarterback at Marshall University for two seasons (1991-92) before finishing his playing career at Houston (1994-95). He was team captain his senior season at Houston.

He is an offensive minded coach, who may be next in line to be an OC....2 Things to ponder with this name... 1.) Pats just brought back McDaniels to be the OC instead of Promoting from within which would have included this guy as a candidate. & 2.) Pioli and Crennel spoke about finding a veteran OC that Crennel could allow to run the offense without Crennel worrying too much about that side of the ball...Made me think they were ruling out 1st time OC's which O'shea would be.

Most people know that there is an obvious relationship between Pioli and The University of Iowa's head coach Kirk Ferrentz...But I'm not sure how many people know that Kirk's Son Brian is currently on the Pat's Staff as the Tight Ends Coach....I had heard that they were grooming him to move up the line, but not really sure.

I don't think Ferentz would be a candidate for the position, but I don't rule out the idea of us targeting him as an offensive assistant to go along with our OC.

Haven't heard any reports of these two guys....But I just tried connecting dot's from the Patriots coaching staff.

The only thing I would be unsure of is that #1 The Pat's hired McDaniels back instead of promoting from within (which of course would have included him as a candidtate)