PDA

View Full Version : Brian Daboll???

2010chiefs
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Kansas City: New head coach Romeo Crennel is planning to remain the team’s defensive coordinator, a position he held since 2010. The Chiefs have reportedly talked to both in-house and outside candidates for the open offensive-coordinator job. One candidate may be Brian Daboll, who, like Crennel and Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, has New England ties.

What do we know about him??

nigeriannightmare
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Dude i started this very thread cpl weeks ago and got little response. I dont understand, he worked with romeo crennel as a secondary coach then made the move to offense. Is that common?

Canada
01-28-2012, 11:00 AM
All I have ever heard of the guy is that he ran some offense in Cle and Mia and they were both pretty crap offenses. Nothing ranked about #27 in the league. But I really dont know much about the guy

nicfre2011
01-28-2012, 02:10 PM
What amazes me...and someone brought this up (I think it was in here somewhere)....that the head coach was fired prior to the end of the season and the defensive coordinator was hired as the head coach (which I think was really a foregone conclusion). Now the offseason hits and teams have made complete coaching staff overhauls in some cases and we are still supposedly d!cking around with trying to find an offensive and defensive coordinator (ok Crennel is leading the defense AND head coach responsibilities, which I think is a mistake). We had an opportunity to get a jump on things, get a staff in place and start the scouting offseason activities related to the draft and start preparing for the offseason.

nicfre2011
01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
The more I think about it, maybe Pioli is waiting for Father Bill to get done with that Super Bowl game thingy to see who he recommends as OC... LOL

bigwigbob
01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Daboll did a nice job working with Moore and Bush this season. I don't know that I would hate the choice, but I can't see jumping up and down for it either.

nicfre2011
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Well it looks like one of the guys I really wanted to see us bring on board as defensive coordinator (Keith Butler, Pittsburgh linebackers coach) has pretty much accepted the DC position with the Colts. It's amazing how a team can fire a long time GM, his tagalong son, fire coaches, hire a coaching staff and we can't seem to find just an OC.

2010chiefs
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I agree. What are we waiting for? All we've done is name our interim head coach to be the head coach. Pioli better have a solid plan because every other team hasn't wasted any time. I hope we're not wasting time either.

TopekaRoy
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I think the Chiefs have had their new OC lined up for weeks now, but can't announce anything yet, because he is on the Patriots or Giants staff. Has that occured to any of you? I think I read somewhere that Pioli or Crennel said that we wouldn't hear any more until after the playoffs and there is still one more game to go.

dbolan
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
I think the Chiefs have had their new OC lined up for weeks now, but can't announce anything yet, because he is on the Patriots or Giants staff. Has that occured to any of you? I think I read somewhere that Pioli or Crennel said that we wouldn't hear any more until after the playoffs and there is still one more game to go.

The question I have is:

Who, on either of those teams would we want to be our OC??

Don't think Gilbride will take a job that he already has and Coughlin will retire in a few years for sure.