PDA

View Full Version : Cassel's a hero

KCdrummer
01-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Report: Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel alerts woman to burning home - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/matt-cassel-kansas-city-chiefs-alerts-woman-to-burning-home-012812/)

#1 story on MSN homepage.

nicfre2011
01-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Well, I think that pretty much settles it, Pioli has all he needs to confirm Cassel is the starting QB. I mean, I don't think Orton has ever even adopted a stray animal! :smile

Chiefs fanatic
01-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Good for him. It seems like your in good hands when your around Chiefs players.

bigwigbob
01-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Well the Chiefs are pretty adept at helping people who are in peril because of the elements. They helped people affected by wind in Joplin, water at swim parties, and fire in gated communities. Now if a Chief player helps someone trapped by a landslide we will have earth covered and will officially complete the elemental circle.

Eydugstr
01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Good for him. It seems like your in good hands when your around Chiefs players.

No crud there!

Hope the family recover from the damage OK.

Bike
01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Cassel still lives here?

Miller
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Umm.. I wonder why this is the first I have heard of this? Why is the local media not all over this?

Connie Jo
01-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Umm.. I wonder why this is the first I have heard of this? Why is the local media not all over this?

It's not only been on local news in KC, but has also made national news, including ESPN, & front page of MSN site.

That said, however, Cassel as I knew he would be based upon personality, is not comfortable with being labeled a hero, nor the media coverage as such.

Miller
01-30-2012, 06:04 AM
It's not only been on local news in KC, but has also made national news, including ESPN, & front page of MSN site.

That said, however, Cassel as I knew he would be based upon personality, is not comfortable with being labeled a hero, nor the media coverage as such.
I guess I have been living under a rock :lol: this is the first I have heard of it.

okikcfan
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Way to go Mattie Boy! Makin the Chiefs Proud!

OPLookn
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Hmm...a good neighborly thing to do and being a good human being? Absolutely but hero, no. To me I reserve the word hero for people that go off to war to fight for the ideas of the US and the liberties those ideas give me. I use the word hero for firefighters that go inside burning buildings to pull people out or policemen that put their lives on the line to protect us and many other examples.

With that said I applaud Cassel for going over and making sure that she got came out of her house. You made sure that Chiefs name stays good. :smile

AkChief49
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Hmm...a good neighborly thing to do and being a good human being? Absolutely but hero, no. To me I reserve the word hero for people that go off to war to fight for the ideas of the US and the liberties those ideas give me. I use the word hero for firefighters that go inside burning buildings to pull people out or policemen that put their lives on the line to protect us and many other examples.

With that said I applaud Cassel for going over and making sure that she got came out of her house. You made sure that Chiefs name stays good. :smile

Cassel downplayed his actions, saying, "I just ran up to the house and alerted them. The real heroes are the firefighters." Cassel agrees with you.:D

doobs_05
01-31-2012, 03:22 AM
luckily that house wasn't downfield or cassel would of missed it.

or

Thank god that house was cassel's main target or he would of never seen it

.....in all seriousness.....good story, glad to hear everythign went ok

ctchiefsfan
01-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Cassel is a good Chief and a good human being. I wish he would become a GREAT Chief QB. Been a while since we have had one of those.

OPLookn
01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Cassel downplayed his actions, saying, "I just ran up to the house and alerted them. The real heroes are the firefighters." Cassel agrees with you.:D

Yep, which also says something else about him that he's humble. It would have been very easy to just keep quiet and let the press run with it. I've never questioned the man's integrity or that he's a good guy. It's his QB'ing that people seem to disagree with the most. :D

okikcfan
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I've never questioned the man's integrity or that he's a good guy.

Agreed!

It's his QB'ing that people seem to disagree with the most. :D

Well let's hope with a good OC that will all change!