PDA

View Full Version : Article on Quarterbacks by Rich Gannon

Three7s
01-30-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3635365.story (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-rich-gannon-20120129,0,3635365.story)

This is a pretty good read for anyone questioning why I think Matt Cassel sucks.

Coach
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
That was a great read. A lot of truth to that article. Interesting that McCarthy was qb coach for chiefs back then. Now he has two very good qb's. I wish Romeo would read that article.

70 chiefsfan70
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I will have to agree with everything he wrote. I've mentioned several times that Cassel was undercoached. Also the terrible playcalling will hurt the confidence of a qb.

But he still hangs on to the ball too long........... sigh!

okikcfan
01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
This is why the right choice has to be made when picking our next OC and staff....

2010chiefs
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Absolutley! I doubt Bill Muir was able to develop these tools! Good read!

AussieChiefsFan
01-31-2012, 04:00 AM
wow! great read!

dbolan
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I will have to agree with everything he wrote. I've mentioned several times that Cassel was undercoached. Also the terrible playcalling will hurt the confidence of a qb.

It is hard to progress through your reads if you don't know what you are reading!! LOL!

I believe in personal responsibility here..The QB SHOULD be learning a good portion of this on his OWN in the film room and by asking questions!

:beer:

nigeriannightmare
01-31-2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3635365.story (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-rich-gannon-20120129,0,3635365.story)

This is a pretty good read for anyone questioning why I think Matt Cassel sucks.

So his tenure in new englamd u dont think that coaching staff taught him anything huh......

Three7s
01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
So his tenure in new englamd u dont think that coaching staff taught him anything huh......
Look at how many times he got sacked in 08 before making a statement like that.

nigeriannightmare
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM

It is hard to progress through your reads if you don't know what you are reading!! LOL!

I believe in personal responsibility here..The QB SHOULD be learning a good portion of this on his OWN in the film room and by asking questions!

The world is coming to an end, I agree with you completely you are a paid professional. These qbs should ace any test given to them. If they dont then u get demoted or cut.

In my experience I always give my staff tests it keeps eveything fresh in their minds pertaining to work.

dbolan
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
[quote=dbolan;252932]

The world is coming to an end, I agree with you completely you are a paid professional. These qbs should ace any test given to them. If they dont then u get demoted or cut.

In my experience I always give my staff tests it keeps eveything fresh in their minds pertaining to work.

Let's not bring the world to an end over something that is a good thing! haha!

:D

70 chiefsfan70
01-31-2012, 03:20 PM

My point was I agreed with everything the article read, then I commented on the fact that Cassel hangs on to the ball too long, something in which I don't think has anything to do with a coach. Thats something they either have or don't.

Now on a more possitive note, Cassel is our QB and he is very able to help us win games. We are a "run first" kind of team and with a great running game, improve our OL and have good WR's, our injured players coming back, along with the defense we have, we should be competitive in the playoffs in the 2012 season.

I have HIGH HOPES for 2012!

tornadospotter
01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Excellent read!

tornadospotter
01-31-2012, 05:05 PM
We should hire Gannon as a QB coach and promote Zorn to OC.

okikcfan
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
We should hire Gannon as a QB coach and promote Zorn to OC.

Ah No! Sorry but I don't have that much faith in Zorn as the OC just yet. It's pretty clear at this point that Cassel will be our QB in 2012. We need rock solid OC that can build a offense to give Cassel what it takes for him to be successful. As it is known I'm not a big fan of his playing ability but he is our QB and I will support what ever it takes to make that happen. I feel we will make Great strides in 2012 and he has to do well! :chiefs:

Connie Jo
02-01-2012, 11:33 PM
My choices...hire Gannon as a QB coach and Al Saunders as OC!!! Superbowl bound baby!!!

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
My choices...hire Gannon as a QB coach and Al Saunders as OC!!! Superbowl bound baby!!!

...Can't argue with that. :smile