PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on the news. Useful info for people who like to drink

kcticketguy
01-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Looks like a few shawnee kansas kids got busted for MIP. Did a small write up on it including Punishments for MIP in Kansas.

Could be some useful info to know if you are ever around some kids and drinking at a Chief's Tailgate.

KC Ticket Guy's Blog: MIP charges in Shawnee Kansas will cause problems for underage housepartying kids (http://blog.kcticketguy.com/2012/01/mip-charges-in-shawnee-kansas-will.html)

Canada
01-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I dont drink so Im alright!!

tornadospotter
01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
:sign0103::funnypost:

Connie Jo
02-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Well, truthfully...although it's the individual parents choice with their kids...I can't condone underage drinking. They need to crack down on it as far as I'm concerned. Underage drinking has become a serious problem...kids are being seriously injured and dying as a result of drunkeness. From violent fighting to vehicle wrecks. :(

I'm sure my kids tried it when out with their friends, but they didn't do it at our home, nor was I ever aware of it...I'd be kicking some butt if I caught them drinking underage, and they knew it. I'm not aware of any parents who let their kids drink willingly that my kids were friends with either.

I was fortunate, in that I never had an issue with my kids drinking & partying much in their teens. My daughter still doesn't drink at all, never had a desire to, she doesn't like it. My son, on the other hand...well, he loves his beer & then some. I'm grateful he's not one to drink & drive...does his beer drinking at home for the most part, and when he goes out on occasion with his wife, she won't drink so she's the designated driver. My son lost a couple good friends because of drunk driving, so has his wife, so they're good about not doing so. I hope it stays that way. :/

Canada
02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, truthfully...although it's the individual parents choice with their kids...I can't condone underage drinking. They need to crack down on it as far as I'm concerned. Underage drinking has become a serious problem...kids are being seriously injured and dying as a result of drunkeness. From violent fighting to vehicle wrecks. :(

I'm sure my kids tried it when out with their friends, but they didn't do it at our home, nor was I ever aware of it...I'd be kicking some butt if I caught them drinking underage, and they knew it. I'm not aware of any parents who let their kids drink willingly that my kids were friends with either.

I was fortunate, in that I never had an issue with my kids drinking & partying much in their teens. My daughter still doesn't drink at all, never had a desire to, she doesn't like it. My son, on the other hand...well, he loves his beer & then some. I'm grateful he's not one to drink & drive...does his beer drinking at home for the most part, and when he goes out on occasion with his wife, she won't drink so she's the designated driver. My son lost a couple good friends because of drunk driving, so has his wife, so they're good about not doing so. I hope it stays that way. :/Its not an age thing its a maturity issue. the legal drinking age here is 19, 21 in the US. Is a 20 year old able to handle it??

As far as the fighting, DUIs and injuries...thats everyone,not just underagers. I think more adults drive drunk than younger people

aaron13pgh
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Damn :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::beer:

Hayvern
02-01-2012, 10:40 PM

I don't drink either, not since I learned about the funnel!

:drunkhb:

Connie Jo
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Its not an age thing its a maturity issue. the legal drinking age here is 19, 21 in the US. Is a 20 year old able to handle it??

As far as the fighting, DUIs and injuries...thats everyone,not just underagers. I think more adults drive drunk than younger people

I agree it's a maturity issue, but most around the rural area I raised my kids in begin partying & drinking on the average of 14-15 yrs. old, through high school...16,17, 18. I don't know what it's like in Canada, but it's an issue around here with high school age kids, and binge drinking too, etc..

The small rural high school my son attended...average two students per school year lose life to drunk driving. :(

I've no doubt many adults drive drunk, nor do I doubt more adults drive drunk than kids, but it was younger adults that Kelly & I witnessed cause problems MNF Halloween night this year. I didn't witness adult women trash the bathrooms, nor puking, but I sure did many young adult women...I'd say ages ranged from 16-25. That was the age range I saw the fights break out among also. I've never seen it so bad at Arrowhead. :(

chiefnut
02-03-2012, 10:02 AM
what does MIP stand for?

kcticketguy
02-03-2012, 03:46 PM
minor in possession

Chiefster
02-05-2012, 01:54 AM
I know this has become cliche and possibly overstated but I think it is no less the truth: "If you are going to drink then don't drive." Have a DD or drink at home. The fighting issue is a different matter; moderation is the key there. The problem with determining moderation is that with young drinkers their ability to do so diminishes with each drink they take, that comes with, as Canada stated, maturity.

tornadospotter
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I know this has become cliche and possibly overstated but I think it is no less the truth: "If you are going to drink then don't drive." Have a DD or drink at home. The fighting issue is a different matter; moderation is the key there. The problem with determining moderation is that with young drinkers their ability to do so diminishes with each drink they take, that comes with, as Canada stated, maturity.
That is why Chiefster sticks to Diet Coke!

Chiefster
02-06-2012, 02:33 AM
That is why Chiefster sticks to Diet Coke!

You betcha! :toast2: :wheelchair: