PDA

View Full Version : Al Saunders?

nicfre2011
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
With Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen apparently cleaning house when it comes to the coaching staff (Greg Knapp being brought on as offensive coordinator replacing Al Saunders). What do you think about bringing Al Saunders back as OC? I know that this is a long shot considering as far as I know he doesn't haConve any previous connections with the Patriots (which seems to be a Pioli prerequisite) and Pioli probably isn't interested in bringing back a former Chief (as he has slowly removed the pre-Pioli veterans and front office personnel). Considering the fact that other teams have made our front office look like bunch of sloths while they quickly fill coaching vacancies and considering the lack of quality candidates out there, Pioli should swallos his pride and give Saunders a call.

toyotapower
01-31-2012, 09:57 PM
That is Romeo's decision, not Pioli's. The head coach picks his staff. I would love for Al to come back, however I think it will be Zorn. Another team asked to interview him and we said no, so he is getting retained at the very least.

Connie Jo
02-01-2012, 01:53 AM
That is Romeo's decision, not Pioli's. The head coach picks his staff. I would love for Al to come back, however I think it will be Zorn. Another team asked to interview him and we said no, so he is getting retained at the very least.

Your reply would've been my response as well.

Chief Concerns
02-01-2012, 07:44 AM
I think Zorn will be kept on the staff as QBs coach. There is no reason he would not already have been named the OC if that was the way Romeo was leaning. It's not uncommon for teams to disallow employees to interview with other teams for a lateral move.

:kc:

wolfpack
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Saunders offense with chiefs was great. Attack,attack and more attack,one never could guess what play he was going to run.
That being said the problem now versis then was queen carl went out and spent money on players for the oline to beef it into the best. Pioli and Hunt wont spend money.They had a great line,great RB,average QB,below average WRs and still made it work.
But i`d rather have suanders then that guy from the fins.

wolfpack
02-01-2012, 08:52 AM
till we beef up our line,find even a average QB, then we can have us an offense

pojote
02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
till we beef up our line,find even a average QB, then we can have us an offense

With a proven G, plus a top draftee RT, we could be set at O-Line. An offense that can use our weapons, plus this D, I think we can be contenders. I still hope to find a QOTF next year.

dbolan
02-01-2012, 09:26 AM

I don't think it is his "sole" decision.

I have interviewed for jobs where the hiring manager and his manager were involved, while I have also done the hiring and my boss participated.

Canada
02-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't think it is his "sole" decision.

I have interviewed for jobs where the hiring manager and his manager were involved, while I have also done the hiring and my boss participated.Were any of those interviews with an NFL team for a coaching position?

okikcfan
02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Saunders offense with chiefs was great. Attack,attack and more attack,one never could guess what play he was going to run.
That being said the problem now versis then was queen carl went out and spent money on players for the oline to beef it into the best. Pioli and Hunt wont spend money.They had a great line,great RB,average QB,below average WRs and still made it work.
But i`d rather have suanders then that guy from the fins.

Unless you are a fortune teller I don't see how you can say how much or how little Pioli will spend this year. He has admitted to his short comings so we could see a more aggressive FA this year.

dbolan
02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Were any of those interviews with an NFL team for a coaching position?

Really??? Is that the best you can do? lol If you actually believe that Pioli is not involved in any of those choices, I have some magic beans for sale! ;-)

Seriously....You can't be serious. LMAO :D

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I think the Chiefs should have him in for an interview...oh, wait!

Canada
02-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Really??? Is that the best you can do? lol If you actually believe that Pioli is not involved in any of those choices, I have some magic beans for sale! ;-)

Seriously....You can't be serious. LMAO :DBelieve it or not...when Scott Pioli says something and DBolan says the opposite....I believe Scott Pioli....I know...shocking!!

Chiefster
02-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Believe it or not...when Scott Pioli says something and DBolan says the opposite....I believe Scott Pioli....I know...shocking!!

NEW E*TRADE Baby - Lottery - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVBKO_QM3o)

:D