PDA

View Full Version : Al Saunders interviews for OC job!!

Canada
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Man I hope hes the guy we go get!! :bananen_smilies046:
BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (http://www.bobgretz.com/)

nicfre2011
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, I like that idea as I mentioned in my thread.

fairladyZ
02-01-2012, 07:42 PM
definitely would be AWESOME if he came back the only issue i have with it and i don't know how big of an issue it really is, is that jim zorn has supposedly said he would leave the chiefs if he is not the OC next season. And as i'm not sold on him as an OC i do think he is a good QB coach! And i like zorn

tornadospotter
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (http://www.bobgretz.com/)

Outstanding news! I hope he gets it.

#58ChiefsFan
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
definitely would be AWESOME if he came back the only issue i have with it and i don't know how big of an issue it really is, is that jim zorn has supposedly said he would leave the chiefs if he is not the OC next season. And as i'm not sold on him as an OC i do think he is a good QB coach! And i like zorn

In 2008 Dan Snyder fired Saunders to bring in Zorn as OC so if you believe in karma.....

I think if we were able to land Al it would make is more appealing to the FA market. I'm behind the move whether we get to keep Zorn or not, I think the potential good outweighs the bad.

matthewschiefs
02-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Good news hope to hear better news soon

Connie Jo
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM

This is actually his second visit to KC in January. His first was a couple weeks ago. Several people in KC saw him dining, out & about around the Plaza area. No one could confirm why he was here the first time...but I *speculate* now his first visit likely was a 'preliminary' interview, this second visit being an 'official' interview.

:D

Jrudi
02-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Love the idea! Can you remember those high flying chiefs offenses when it was under his watch!!

Just imagine what he might be able to do with out weapons!

whackojacko58
02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
woot woot i'll love it, maybe he can talk zorn into staying let those two work the offense with our weapons (hopefully new lineman) and let emmit thomas and rac work our studly d sounds awsome

okikcfan
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh man this could be soooo SWEET!

2010chiefs
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Saunders and Zorn worked together in Baltimore in 07. Hope they can work something out.

N TX Dave
02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Love the idea! Can you remember those high flying chiefs offenses when it was under his watch!!

Just imagine what he might be able to do with out weapons!

Remember those high flying days when he was the OC under Marty? Not saying it is a bad choice but if he falls back to the Marty days I really don't want him.

brdempsey69
02-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Remember those high flying days when he was the OC under Marty? Not saying it is a bad choice but if he falls back to the Marty days I really don't want him.

He never was the OC under Marty. Just a Receivers coach. You may be thinking of Joe Pendry or Paul Hackett.

wolfpack
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
this would almost make up for pioli and hunt being tight-wads.
But until i read that he`s signed,then i`ll believe it. It reminds me of the old saying,if its to good to be true, it probably isn`t.

N TX Dave
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
He never was the OC under Marty. Just a Receivers coach. You may be thinking of Joe Pendry or Paul Hackett.

You are right I was thinking of Hacket because I remember thinking Paul does not hack it as OC. I just knew that Al was here then.

okikcfan
02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
You are right I was thinking of Hacket because I remember thinking Paul does not hack it as OC. I just knew that Al was here then.

:lol:

toyotapower
02-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Matt cassell is not trent green

2010chiefs
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The raiders can block this from happening as he's still under contract with them.

okikcfan
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
“We have a staff in place, we have a bunch of scouts in place,” Pioli said. “People are going to pick up additional responsibilities as we go through this cycle. Making a change now, the timing would be terrible. What we’ve tried to do in coaching and scouting is we want to reward people by promoting from within. Those people have to be ready, but that’s the great reward you offer to these people.”
This tells me Zorn will get the job...