PDA

View Full Version : UGH!! Another Bowe rumor, but sadly a somewhat credible one. :(

Connie Jo
02-02-2012, 01:41 AM
I've been hearing this rumor for a couple weeks now...but the latest sources are out of San Fran. :(

"Sources say that the Niners are interested in soon to be free agent Dwayne Bowe!"

Those sources claim to have witnessed Bowe in San Fran dining & chatting with members of the 49'ers staff. One of Bowe's favorite NFL legends he loved watching when growing up was Jerry Rice. I would imagine Dwayne would love the opportunity to play for the same team Rice did, and be in the same city as Rice. Possibly he'd like Rice to even coach him some on his down time. :/

AussieChiefsFan
02-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Really hope he signs with us soon :/

Connie Jo
02-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I suppose it's the 'sentimental girl' in me...but I've no doubt I will have tears falling if I hear 'official' news after March 13th that Bowe has signed elsewhere. :(

Connie Jo
02-02-2012, 02:08 AM
They all play so many headgames...the front offices, the agents & players. They'll intentionally lead one another to believe they're seriously considering a change as 'intimidation' with negotiating.

It's just to difficult to know what's fact or fiction until 'official' news is announced.

AussieChiefsFan
02-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I suppose it's the 'sentimental girl' in me...but I've no doubt I will have tears falling if I hear 'official' news after March 13th that Bowe has signed elsewhere. :(

Yeah, Its hard losing a great player when you're a fan, but you've met him in person, so for that reason I also really hope he resigns with us.

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 04:06 AM
What will be, will be.

AussieChiefsFan
02-02-2012, 05:07 AM
What will be, will be.

And hopefully a resigning.... will be

70 chiefsfan70
02-02-2012, 07:19 AM
The biggest shame here would be if he gets away without a draftpick in return.

dbolan
02-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Like they say (players and team owners).....It's a business. Fan support is like a merry-go round these days

bigwigbob
02-02-2012, 07:48 AM
I am confused how anyone other than players from a team could be "dining" with Bowe without it being tampering. Teams are not allowed to contact players yet alone dine with them until the league year officially starts on March 13th.

wolfpack
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I never had high hopes for bowe to return. I think thats why pioli drafted baldwin.Because if it comes down to it and we can`t resign carr, i`d rather tag carr than bowe.If we can resign carr then tag bowe and get something for him in a trade.
Smith=Cassel so his production wont be much better.

okikcfan
02-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Well you can't really blame the guy for shopping around, we have not been the best team and when you have a team like the 9ers looking at you, well it would be no surprise if he went elsewhere.... More money and maybe the though of a nice ring to go with it.

Ryfo18
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Those sources claim to have witnessed Bowe in San Fran dining & chatting with members of the 49'ers staff.

This is tampering...Free agency is not open yet.

dbolan
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
If it is true, why isn't the "somewhat credible source" reporting this to the NFL??

OPLookn
02-02-2012, 11:57 AM

I'm hoping that they file charges if this turns out to be true. If it is I can't believe how the niners could make such a bone headed move.

OPLookn
02-02-2012, 11:58 AM
If it is true, why isn't the "somewhat credible source" reporting this to the NFL??

They might have and the NFL is doing preliminary work...or it could just be that someone's brothers cousins sister saw someone that resembles who she thinks Bowe is.

:lol:

nigeriannightmare
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Of any team to go to i coule handle san francisco. Love the niners, was fortunate to have met bill walsh and several conversations with him when i lived in palo alto. Also got to meet roger craig and ronnie lot. Could u imagine crabtree, ginn jr, v davis, gore and d bowe. Doesnt matter who the qb is.

Hayvern
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Agreed, that is why you have to be careful with Rumors. And even if he was having lunch with them, how do we know that it was not a friend of a friend kind of thing.

That is why we should not be repeating rumors.

nicfre2011
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Not to knock the rumors, but wouldn't the 49ers be tampering by meeting with a player that is technically under contract with another team since the league year hasn't ended yet?

Ryfo18
02-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Not to knock the rumors, but wouldn't the 49ers be tampering by meeting with a player that is technically under contract with another team since the league year hasn't ended yet?

Yes. We've been talking about that already.

nicfre2011
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I agree...that is exactly what I posted before I noticed you said the same thing. I say the rumors are BS...or for the 49ers sake, they better be. I highly doubt Pioli would look the other way...ex. Detroit Lions and Gunther Cunningham.

figcrostic
02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I never had high hopes for bowe to return. I think thats why pioli drafted baldwin.Because if it comes down to it and we can`t resign carr, i`d rather tag carr than bowe.If we can resign carr then tag bowe and get something for him in a trade.
Smith=Cassel so his production wont be much better.

Bowe is a much better WR then Carr is a CB. Bowe is easily a number one WR in fact he's a top ten WR, Carr is nowhere near top ten he is a number 2 CB.

Ryfo18
02-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Bowe is a much better WR then Carr is a CB. Bowe is easily a number one WR in fact he's a top ten WR, Carr is nowhere near top ten he is a number 2 CB.

I agree with you, but Carr could be a #1 CB on another team, I have no doubt about that.

2010chiefs
02-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Franchise bowe and resign Carr. Carr is badass on man to man coverages. He improves every year. We need him back. Bowe still needs one more year to prove he's a big money contract player.

nigeriannightmare
02-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Good dbs are hard to come by regardless if hes a 2. Look at ike taylor he couldnt do.what carr did against the broncos who arent exactly a team with killer wrs.

pojote
02-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I don't know if there are 9 CB better worth a contract than Carr. He is #2 on this team, but not by far. He is one of the best CB against the run.

Hayvern
02-03-2012, 02:24 PM

I disagree with the evaluation of Bowe, he is not hardly a top 10 WR.

Carr, is also not a top CB, he is a good number 2, and will get better, but he is hardly in the top 10.

OPLookn
02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I disagree with the evaluation of Bowe, he is not hardly a top 10 WR.

Carr, is also not a top CB, he is a good number 2, and will get better, but he is hardly in the top 10.

I'd have to disagree with your disagree.

:lol:

In all seriousness though Bowe was #13 in yards and Palko was our QB for four games. I think with a competent QB that Bowe would have easily been at #10 or higher (56 yard difference between #13 and #10). In 2010 Bowe was #7 in yards, 2009 he was out for 5 games and I think a couple of games he came in after the start, 2008 he was #18 and 2007 was his rookie year.

It's no secret that he's grown as a player after going to camps with guys like Fitz, Rice, etc. But he's gotten older and wiser. I think Bowe continues to be a great top 10 receiver in the future and if he was on a pass happy team I think he'd easily be top 5. Just my opinion though.

chief31
02-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Franchise bowe and resign Carr. Carr is badass on man to man coverages. He improves every year. We need him back. Bowe still needs one more year to prove he's a big money contract player.

Carr has had this one really good season, while Bowe has shown that he is a real #1 WR for several years.

If you are going to load up on one, or the other, I think you load up on the guy who has shown that he is a very good player every year, as opposed to the guy who has done pretty good, but just had a really big year.

Not to mention, if you franchise Bowe, and he has a really big year, his cost goes through the roof.

Whereas, Carr is probably already at the ceiling. It would take a real rare feat for a #2 CB to have a better season than Carr did in 2011.

His pricetag will not likely go any higher than it is right now. And he has yet to prove that he is a top talent, over the course of several seasons.

Also, Bowe would be more likely to get upset about being franchised, than Carr.

Carr has had lower expectations than Bowe. Carr is more likely to be rather content with a top-ten contract for a year, than Bowe, who has already been putting up the numbers to warrant that salary, for several years.

I think Bowe would expect to get the long-term deal, and Carr, knowing he is still a #2 CB here, would have lower expectations.

I tag Carr, and likely have better negotiating leverege for him next year. And I sign Bowe to the long-term deal.

2010chiefs
02-04-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't think Carr's value and play has hit the ceiling. He will get better and better.

I do agree tht Carr would accept the franchise better then Bowe would.

I think both players will have good years and whichever is franchised will be worth more next year.

70 chiefsfan70
02-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Carr has had this one really good season, while Bowe has shown that he is a real #1 WR for several years.

If you are going to load up on one, or the other, I think you load up on the guy who has shown that he is a very good player every year, as opposed to the guy who has done pretty good, but just had a really big year.

Not to mention, if you franchise Bowe, and he has a really big year, his cost goes through the roof.

Whereas, Carr is probably already at the ceiling. It would take a real rare feat for a #2 CB to have a better season than Carr did in 2011.

His pricetag will not likely go any higher than it is right now. And he has yet to prove that he is a top talent, over the course of several seasons.

Also, Bowe would be more likely to get upset about being franchised, than Carr.

Carr has had lower expectations than Bowe. Carr is more likely to be rather content with a top-ten contract for a year, than Bowe, who has already been putting up the numbers to warrant that salary, for several years.

I think Bowe would expect to get the long-term deal, and Carr, knowing he is still a #2 CB here, would have lower expectations.

I tag Carr, and likely have better negotiating leverege for him next year. And I sign Bowe to the long-term deal.

I think Bowe gets more hype and because of it he gets the bigger contract. It appears our offense will get a facelift this year, but if we don't get a real pass minded qb I don't think Bowe would be the one signed if we only sign one of them. I think it was you that mentioned somewhere that Bowe would be the highest paid WR by the beginning of next season. I tend to agree. Who ever signs Bowe will severely overpay for his services.

If we remain a "run first" offense, we will win a lot of games without Bowe, if we spent his money on OL and RB's.

I would like to see both of them signed, but I think Bowe is overated and overvalued. While Carr is far underated and will probably get underpaid. I think Carr is our #1 CB and without him our defense will not be the same. Carr has improved every year and I don't think we have seen the best of him.

Drunker Hillbilly
02-04-2012, 10:24 AM
The term "staff" is open to interpretation I guess. If it were a player he was meeting with, it would not be considered tampering.

hayden2004
02-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I've been hearing this rumor for a couple weeks now...but the latest sources are out of San Fran. :(

"Sources say that the Niners are interested in soon to be free agent Dwayne Bowe!"

Those sources claim to have witnessed Bowe in San Fran dining & chatting with members of the 49'ers staff. One of Bowe's favorite NFL legends he loved watching when growing up was Jerry Rice. I would imagine Dwayne would love the opportunity to play for the same team Rice did, and be in the same city as Rice. Possibly he'd like Rice to even coach him some on his down time. :/

So much fail here it is called tampering

chief31
02-04-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think Carr's value and play has hit the ceiling. He will get better and better.

I do agree tht Carr would accept the franchise better then Bowe would.

I think both players will have good years and whichever is franchised will be worth more next year.

Well, so long as he is second, behind Flowers, he is at the ceiling.

You just aren't going to have a better year at that position, than what Carr had in 2011.

The likelihood of playing another full season with so few mistakes is very low in my opinion.