PDA

View Full Version : Grammer

AussieChiefsFan
02-02-2012, 03:34 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417121_346885965330400_139729956046003_1354978_124 9830568_n.jpg
Very funny. And True. Especially number 1, I hate it when people say "I Could" care less when they mean they "Couldn't"

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 04:38 AM
I feel like I'm in English class. :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
02-02-2012, 06:08 AM
I feel like I'm in English class. :lol:

:lol: Honestly I dont like english class but a few of these things really annoy me. Some a lot. some not at all

toyotapower
02-02-2012, 07:19 AM
(Pulls out yardstick) GRAMMAR! NOT GRAMMER! Lol

bigwigbob
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
I am a fourth grade teacher. The thing that bothers me the most is the use of "our" and "are". It is our team, not are team.

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
(Pulls out yardstick) GRAMMAR! NOT GRAMMER! Lol

:lol::lol:

Chiefster
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
:lol: Honestly I dont like english class but a few of these things really annoy me. Some a lot. some not at all

Yeah, I hate it when someone asks me: "Can I ax you a question?" I always tell them no, you can ASK me a question but I'd just as soon they leave the garden tools in the shed.

Ryfo18
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
your and you're always drives me nuts

chiefnut
02-02-2012, 03:48 PM
how about; I "aks" him, instead of i "asked" him
the hair on the back of my neck stand up when i here that black eyed peas song " ima gonna be"
how about "do you have the time?", i usually answer "sure, what did you have in mind?"
for you smokers " do you have a cigarette?" just say "yes" and keep walking.

Hayvern
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Come on you guys, your overreacting to an extremely miner problem. I literally could care less about how nonplussed you guy's get over error's in grammer. I dont understand how someones poor spelling would effect you in such a negative way. Irregardless, its a small issue in the larger skeme of life!

Do you know how hard it is to actually TRY and use all those words in an incorrect fashion?

matthewschiefs
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
BLAH who needs Grammer

Ryfo18
02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Come on you guys, your overreacting to an extremely miner problem. I literally could care less about how nonplussed you guy's get over error's in grammer. I dont understand how someones poor spelling would effect you in such a negative way. Irregardless, its a small issue in the larger skeme of life!

Do you know how hard it is to actually TRY and use all those words in an incorrect fashion?

My OCD is going crazy!

AussieChiefsFan
02-03-2012, 02:33 AM
(Pulls out yardstick) GRAMMAR! NOT GRAMMER! Lolwoops. Actually spelling though.

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
02-03-2012, 04:55 AM

Yup I do, without MS Word I'd sound like a blithering idio...oh, wait. :D

chiefnut
02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
if you think about it, we do have a screwed up language anyway; red-read-reed-read,right-write-rite, a pair of shoes or socks mean you have two but a pair of pants mean one so why don't we we call it a pair of shirts? more than one house are houses more than one mouse are mice. why is it DOWNtown no matter what direction you are heading? if you say"turn left here?" and they answer "right" does that mean yes or turn right instead?? why do we say "eat up" and "chow down"? at what point did "bad a##" start to mean good instead of a rectal disfunction? now if you are "sick" you are great but what if you are really sick w/ the flu? "BAM" has become a cooking term??? parents favorite "if you fall out of that tree and break both your legs, don't come running to me!" what's the difference between a dish and a plate, there are no dishes in baseball?

Chiefster
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM
I are good at speking Englandish, and have taked the Evelyn Woodhead sped redding courses. :D

AussieChiefsFan
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
:lol: