PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning cleared by doctors

whackojacko58
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM
its official hes cleared to resume nfl career. I know that dosen't mean alot to us right now, but i've been the self apointed driver of the koolaid drinking Manning Bus and I'm now boarding anyone who wants on lol. People are probualy tired of hearing me shouting at the top of the mountain to bring him here but sorry I just can't help it lol :chiefs:

TopekaRoy
02-02-2012, 06:14 PM
its official hes cleared to resume nfl career. I know that dosen't mean alot to us right now, but i've been the self apointed driver of the koolaid drinking Manning Bus and I'm now boarding anyone who wants on lol. People are probualy tired of hearing me shouting at the top of the mountain to bring him here but sorry I just can't help it lol :chiefs:

Link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career)

That just means that his playing again is no longer a safety issue. It is still a performance issue, however.

He can't throw the ball---at least not with any decent velocity, yet. The article says he is making progress, but he still has a LONG way to go to be able to throw at an NFL level.

IF the Colts release him, any team that wants him will not have the luxury of waiting until he is 100%. They will have to sign him and hope that he recovers fully. That is a HUGE gamble.

I don't think the Chiefs need a Peyton Manning to compete for a Superbowl. We just need a decent QB and a better O-line. If it were me, I would not take that kind of a risk on a QB who may never fully recover. We are talking about nerve regeneration here.

nicfre2011
02-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career)

That just means that his playing again is no longer a safety issue. It is still a performance issue, however.

He can't throw the ball---at least not with any decent velocity, yet. The article says he is making progress, but he still has a LONG way to go to be able to throw at an NFL level.

IF the Colts release him, any team that wants him will not have the luxury of waiting until he is 100%. They will have to sign him and hope that he recovers fully. That is a HUGE gamble.

I don't think the Chiefs need a Peyton Manning to compete for a Superbowl. We just need a decent QB and a better O-line. If it were me, I would not take that kind of a risk on a QB who may never fully recover. We are talking about nerve regeneration here.

I would tend to agree with you. Let other teams take the risk....let's spend the money on re-signing Bowe and Carr....and go after Paul Soliai to shore up the interior of the defensive line....and if Chris Myers hits the market....go after him as well. But then again, I would do all of that and cut Cassel and bring Orton back, so what do I know??!!

okikcfan
02-02-2012, 10:12 PM

That's what I've been saying for the last couple of weeks, the risk is just too high.

TopekaRoy
02-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I would tend to agree with you. Let other teams take the risk....let's spend the money on re-signing Bowe and Carr....and go after Paul Soliai to shore up the interior of the defensive line....and if Chris Myers hits the market....go after him as well. But then again, I would do all of that and cut Cassel and bring Orton back, so what do I know??!!

That's what I've been saying for the last couple of weeks, the risk is just too high.

Did I ever tell you two guys how smart you are? :bananen_smilies046: :sSig_youtheman: http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/images/smilies/elefant.gif