PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interested in Stanford Rout...A sign Carr may be out?

Jrudi
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Don't know the level of interest and this is all that I have seen on this subject, but it seems that the Chiefs are one of 5 teams that seem to have an interest in former Raiders Corner who was released just days ago Stanford Rout

Released by Raiders, CB Routt drawing interest from five teams (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826d8fb4/article/released-by-raiders-cb-routt-drawing-interest-from-five-teams?module=HP11_MYNFL)

I hope this is not a sign of Carr heading out the door...

AussieChiefsFan
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I would rather have Carr

okikcfan
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
They have yet to invite him to be interviewed.

whackojacko58
02-11-2012, 07:06 PM
interesting yes we haven't sent a interview but are name dosen't come up unless we really are interested, idk enough bout routt id rather have carr but if hes gonna demand the money people are thinking they know it is a real possibility

Jrudi
02-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Routt is a good corner...Of course I would love to keep Carr, but if there is a scenario which see's him leave, I would love to fill his position with Routt.

It would be awsome to have both! haha, but I highly doubt that would happen.

Carr please don't leave us!

whackojacko58
02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
sorry were not the eagles lol only need to great corners and one grooming behind them aka arenas

jason1981
02-11-2012, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE] sorry were not the eagles lol only need to great corners and one grooming behind them aka arenas [/QUOTe

actually the more corners we have the better with it coming of more of a passing league. arenas still developing and we cant say for sure he can become a good corner. i would oy trust him as a nick back corner. lacks the idea size to be a #1 or #2 corner. giants would have killed us if we were in the superbowl.

70 chiefsfan70
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM
This may have been made to look like this so that Carr agrees to a smaller amout of money.

Second thought, this WILL make Carr's value go down, He is no longer top dog in that position.

matthewschiefs
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
If they are looking at him it might just be a case of doing your homework just in case you can't get Carr to resign with the team. Never just assume

TopekaRoy
02-11-2012, 10:33 PM
When I saw this thread title I thought it would be about the school's 48-7 win over Colorado, this year. :lol:

Maybe the Chiefs think that because Routt was released right after getting a big contract that they might be able to sign him at a discount.

But I agree that they are probably looking at him "just-in-case" they are unable to re-sign Carr.

jason1981
02-12-2012, 01:40 PM
why not keep carr and sign this guy and we would match up well to anyones group of wr's. all we need on defense is a nt then.

AussieChiefsFan
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
why not keep carr and sign this guy and we would match up well to anyones group of wr's. all we need on defense is a nt then.

True. And we definately have the money. Id rather concentrate on keeping Carr AND Bowe right now though.

okikcfan
02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
It has been said on espn that the Chiefs are in discussions with Bowe and Carr's agents, it may very well be all about money or it may very well be they want a better chance at that ring....just sayin

jason1981
02-14-2012, 12:12 AM
i bet we sign carr longterm before we do bowe. our secondary i believe are really tight and all friends. i think he really wants to stay as long as we make a reasonable offer. with bowe im not sure what he would like.

whackojacko58
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
maybe you guys are right, id be in heaven with flowers carr routt and arenas, backed up with lewis and berry that is hands down best defensive backs, plus our two outside lbs hali and houston, run stopping d line and dj in the middle i like it, plus we need to figure out if belchers stayin or needs to be replaced.

2010chiefs
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Well Pioli has been talking about depth being one of our main priorities.

Jrudi
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
sounds like an Eagles secondary...The only diffrerence is we will

#1.) Have an entire off-season to implement our defensive system and allow guys to fit into their roles.

and

#2.) Have a top of the line D-Coordinator that will know how to put his players in a position to be successful. Not a dude that was an O-line coach last year!

I think it would awesome to sign Routt and keep Carr. Pioli is noticing this is a becoming a passing league, and with a pass happy team like NE standing in our way to get to a super bowl on the AFC side of the bracket, we need to be able to match up...

Jrudi
02-16-2012, 11:09 AM
30 FAs in 30 Days: Stanford Routt (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/30-FAs-in-30-Days-Stanford-Routt/315e5859-38ad-490c-a0f5-de2a0fa0c9ac)

posted on KCCHIEFS.COM

okikcfan
02-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Signing Routt and Carr would be a lot of money, we have a lot of needs in a lot of area's.

Jrudi
02-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Looks like the Chiefs are showing quite a bit of interest in signing Routt...

This is a 2nd clip from NFL.com which explains he was in KC for a 2nd round of interviews...You have to think this is either:
1. They don't think Carr will be back.

2.) They are using it as leverage to re-sign Carr

or 3.) They are really serious about adding depth at all positions and are preparing to add Routt to a secondary which would inlude Carr, Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Lewis, and Berry (Yikes! I like it...Good luck Chargers trying to throw against that secondary!)

Ex-Raiders CB Routt continues to talk to Chiefs, Bills; Cincy next (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826fc98e/article/exraiders-cb-routt-continues-to-talk-to-chiefs-bills-cincy-next?module=HP11_MYNFL)

TopekaRoy
02-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Looks like the Chiefs are showing quite a bit of interest in signing Routt...

This is a 2nd clip from NFL.com which explains he was in KC for a 2nd round of interviews...You have to think this is either:
1. They don't think Carr will be back.

2.) They are using it as leverage to re-sign Carr

or 3.) They are really serious about adding depth at all positions and are preparing to add Routt to a secondary which would inlude Carr, Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Lewis, and Berry (Yikes! I like it...Good luck Chargers trying to throw against that secondary!)

Ex-Raiders CB Routt continues to talk to Chiefs, Bills; Cincy next (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826fc98e/article/exraiders-cb-routt-continues-to-talk-to-chiefs-bills-cincy-next?module=HP11_MYNFL)

This is exciting news. The Chiefs aren't going to save any money by signing Routt and releasing Carr, but with their cap space, they don't need to worry about that. I would be happy with either player. If we end up with both, so much the better, but I don't think that is likely.

My personal preference would be to keep Carr, only because he has been here and is more familiar with this defense and it wouldn't affect the team's chemistry, but if he has to go, Routt would be an excellent replacement.

Ryfo18
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Routt is good in man coverage, but he also commits a LOT of penalties. I hope we keep Carr and sign Routt. He would be a tremendous asset as a nickel corner.

nicfre2011
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Routt is good in man coverage, but he also commits a LOT of penalties. I hope we keep Carr and sign Routt. He would be a tremendous asset as a nickel corner.

Personally, I have a gut feeling that Pioli and company fully intend to let Carr test the market. I have no info, just a feeling. It could be situation where Carr's agent and the Chiefs are really far apart on any agreement and Routt is serving two purposes for the Chiefs...an option if Carr signs elsewhere or atleast showing Carr's agent that they aren't desperate to retain Carr at any cost.

Ryfo18
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Personally, I have a gut feeling that Pioli and company fully intend to let Carr test the market. I have no info, just a feeling. It could be situation where Carr's agent and the Chiefs are really far apart on any agreement and Routt is serving two purposes for the Chiefs...an option if Carr signs elsewhere or atleast showing Carr's agent that they aren't desperate to retain Carr at any cost.

I hope you're wrong. My thoughts on the situation are basically that they've gotten some good play from Carr for the last few years for next to nothing. I mean the guy was a 5th round pick. I don't have his contract info but I'm assuming he hasn't made much. He's just now entering the prime of his career and showed last year that he continues to improve his game. While I won't say they can't go on without him, I think they should do their best to lock him up. Especially given that the Chiefs are like $60M under the cap.

Jrudi
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I hope you're wrong. My thoughts on the situation are basically that we've gotten some good play from Carr for the last few years for basically nothing. I mean the guy was a 5th round pick. I don't have his contract info but I'm assuming he hasn't made much. He's just now entering the prime of his career and showed last year that he continues to improve his game. While I won't say they can't go on without him, I think they should do their best to lock him up. Especially given that the Chiefs are like $60M under the cap.

We will see some news hopefully tomorrow! I believe it starts the Franchise and Transition tag period.

We could Franchise one and Transition the other (Bowe & Carr) to keep both for at least 1 more year to work on a long term deal. and yes I would love to add Routt, but hope we keep Carr.

nicfre2011
02-19-2012, 09:46 PM
We will see some news hopefully tomorrow! I believe it starts the Franchise and Transition tag period.

We could Franchise one and Transition the other (Bowe & Carr) to keep both for at least 1 more year to work on a long term deal. and yes I would love to add Routt, but hope we keep Carr.

I've heard that with the new CBA there is no longer any transition tag. Maybe someone can confirm this.

TopekaRoy
02-20-2012, 02:47 AM

I've heard that with the new CBA there is no longer any transition tag. Maybe someone can confirm this.

There still is a transition tag ... technically.

Under the new CBA a team cannot use a franchise tag and a transition tag in the same year. They can use one or the other, but since a team receives no compensation (draft picks) if they choose not to match another teams offer for a transition tagged player, I can't think of a good reason for using it.

There is a pretty good explanation of the new rules at football.about.com (http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/franchisetransi.htm).

TopekaRoy
02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
This from ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/40059/routt-decision-nearing):

According to two league sources, Routt could sign with a team as soon as Monday. The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the teams in the mix for Routt. He visited the Chiefs, along with the Bengals and Bills. There were not any other reported visits. It is feasible that other teams -- the Titans, perhaps -- could still be involved.

If the Chiefs sign Routt, it will be an indication that the team will not re-sign free-agent cornerback Brandon Carr. He will be popular on the free-agent market.

Stay tuned! ...

TopekaRoy
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
It's official now. Chiefs sign Carr to 3 yrs/$19.6 million deal. Discuss the move here: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19905

whackojacko58
02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
It's official now. Chiefs sign Carr to 3 yrs/$19.6 million deal. Discuss the move here: Stanford Routt - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19905)

we signed routt not carr lol

whackojacko58
02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
you got my hopes up dang you ! lol

TopekaRoy
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
we signed routt not carr lol

Oh, Crap!

I can't believe I did that! And now of course it's too late to edit it : (

Thanks for the correction.:bananen_smilies046:

whackojacko58
02-20-2012, 04:09 PM