PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Charles Tweet

AussieChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Was gonna post this when he tweeted it, but i forgot.

Looks like he's doing great!!

Chiefster
02-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Cool!

nicfre2011
02-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Great to hear Charles looks to be fully recovered by the time the season begins! Now we need to bring in someone who can help shoulder the load and keep Charles as fresh as possible. BenJarvus Green-Ellis would be a very good option.

AussieChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Great to hear Charles looks to be fully recovered by the time the season begins! Now we need to bring in someone who can help shoulder the load and keep Charles as fresh as possible. BenJarvus Green-Ellis would be a very good option.

Green-Ellis would be good. Didn't know he was a FA.

Ray Rice is also a FA, he'd make a good conbination with Charles. Dont know if he wants to share the carries with a back that he knows is the #1 though.

TopekaRoy
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM

I agree about BenJarvis. I don't see this as a high priority though, but maybe just-above-medium priority.

I think with Charles back at 100% (hopefully) Jackie Battle will be fine as the number 2 back. McCluster should do better this year, too, with Daboll calling the plays --- as long as we upgrade to O-line. Our rushing attack should already be awesome.

But, yeah, getting BenJarvis would definitely be a plus.

nicfre2011
02-18-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree about BenJarvis. I don't see this as a high priority though, but maybe just-above-medium priority.

I think with Charles back at 100% (hopefully) Jackie Battle will be fine as the number 2 back. McCluster should do better this year, too, with Daboll calling the plays --- as long as we upgrade to O-line. Our rushing attack should already be awesome.

But, yeah, getting BenJarvis would definitely be a plus.

Actually I think the coaching staff is going to look to bring Charles along slowly and quite possibly look to lighten his load. That being said, I think Thomas Jones is obviously not going to return and I am not a big fan of Jackie Battle. I now know why a player with his impressive triangle numbers (height, weight, and long speed) hasn't made a impact since coming into the league. He runs too upright and from what I have seen, appears to have horrible vision. Some of the blame can be put on the interior offensive line which often failed to open lanes and get consistent push, but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of Battle being the alternating back with Charles.

TopekaRoy
02-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Actually I think the coaching staff is going to look to bring Charles along slowly and quite possibly look to lighten his load. That being said, I think Thomas Jones is obviously not going to return and I am not a big fan of Jackie Battle. I now know why a player with his impressive triangle numbers (height, weight, and long speed) hasn't made a impact since coming into the league. He runs too upright and from what I have seen, appears to have horrible vision. Some of the blame can be put on the interior offensive line which often failed to open lanes and get consistent push, but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of Battle being the alternating back with Charles.

Good point. He rushed for 597 yards last year and 4.0 yards per carry, which isn't great but doesn't suck either. I just think with an improved front line and better play calling, he could push that past 5.0 ypc, but maybe I'm giving him (and Daboll) too much credit.

I'm certainly not opposed to bringing in Green-Ellis, as long as we take care of some other needs first.

whackojacko58
02-19-2012, 11:08 PM
alot of people see us taking trent richardson in the draft, hes rated secound overall player. I agree not a top need but the one two punch with jc and richardson, throw in some mccluster out of the back field and were vary vary solid, o line is our number one need but if he drops to us can we pass him up?

AussieChiefsFan
02-20-2012, 05:12 AM
alot of people see us taking trent richardson in the draft, hes rated secound overall player. I agree not a top need but the one two punch with jc and richardson, throw in some mccluster out of the back field and were vary vary solid, o line is our number one need but if he drops to us can we pass him up?
If he falls all the way to 11 or 12 he'll be so difficult to pass on

AkChief49
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Green-Ellis would be good. Didn't know he was a FA.

Ray Rice is also a FA, he'd make a good conbination with Charles. Dont know if he wants to share the carries with a back that he knows is the #1 though.

Ray wants too much IMO.
Ray Rice wants Adrian Peterson money | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/20/ray-rice-wants-adrian-peterson-money/)

BGE would be a great addition in KC.

OPLookn
02-21-2012, 11:35 AM

In my opinion we'd have to pass unless we lock up a RT and LG via free agency or get one in free agency and the other in the 2nd round. If we don't have a solid line it won't matter if we have the best RB ever to play the game back there.

I do have to admit though I would love to have the guy if he falls to us. I think it'll be a moot point though as his draft stock is still soaring and there's talk about teams trading up for him with the 4th or 5th pick.

N TX Dave
02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
What about Mike Tolbert from SD he is a bowling ball -
Height: 5-9 Weight: 243 Age: 26 Experience: 4th season

AkChief49
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
would not mind him either.

AussieChiefsFan
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM

He'd also make a good 1-2 punch

dbolan
02-22-2012, 07:49 AM

And when he goes into the game, the defense will know where the ball will be ran.....Between the tackles.

N TX Dave
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
And when he goes into the game, the defense will know where the ball will be ran.....Between the tackles.

Not if both he and JC are in a 2 back set! Anyhow he is hard to stop on short yardage even if the D does know.

dbolan
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Not if both he and JC are in a 2 back set! Anyhow he is hard to stop on short yardage even if the D does know.

I would love to believe that JC would be at 100%. i am a fan of his and was when the Chiefs drafted him. I urged that he play sooner than he did.

However, I just cannot believe that he will be back to where he was before the injury. We need an all-around stud at RB. Don't think we have had one of those since Holmes..and before that Allen...Before that???? lol

Maybe if Tolbert lost about 20 lbs, he would be more serviceable/useable. Just a thought.