PDA

View Full Version : I did well :)

AussieChiefsFan
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
In my extra PE class (for grade 9 & 10 we get to choose 2 extra subjects, one of mine is PE) we played Flag Football. It's like football but with tags on your hips and when someone get one of yours when youre the ball carrier that counts as a tackle. Anyway....

I scored;

1 INT TD as CB(Approx 60 yrds)
2 REC TDs as WR(Both approx 50 yrds), nearly a 3rd
Rushing Yards as Half Back, not sure how many.

Now we didnt get to play for too long because 1 period goes for 70 mins and we need to get changed into our PE clothes then walk to the park, and vice versa. Im considering playing Flag Football next year, it's pretty awesome!

God I love Football :D

2010chiefs
02-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Way to go!!! Maybe one day the Chiefs draft you!

TopekaRoy
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
That's cool that they are offering american style football in Phys. Ed classes in Australia!

When I played it there were no first down conversions, and no kicking or punting! The ball was placed at the 50 yard line and the offense had 5 downs to score a td. If they didn't the other team got the ball at the line of scrimmage and play continued from there. It was a blast!

AussieChiefsFan
02-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Way to go!!! Maybe one day the Chiefs draft you!

:bananen_smilies046: :D

AussieChiefsFan
02-21-2012, 02:15 AM
That's cool that they are offering american style football in Phys. Ed classes in Australia!

When I played it there were no first down conversions, and no kicking or punting! The ball was placed at the 50 yard line and the offense had 5 downs to score a td. If they didn't the other team got the ball at the line of scrimmage and play continued from there. It was a blast!

That sounds fun!

We have actual Football teams here in Sydney, just check out the links in my Sig. They play by real rules. I think the only difference is the field is either 90 or 80 yrds long not 100

Chiefster
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Nice job Aussie!

AussieChiefsFan
02-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Nice job Aussie!

chief31
02-22-2012, 08:07 PM
In my extra PE class (for grade 9 & 10 we get to choose 2 extra subjects, one of mine is PE) we played Flag Football. It's like football but with tags on your hips and when someone get one of yours when youre the ball carrier that counts as a tackle. Anyway....

I scored;

1 INT TD as CB(Approx 60 yrds)
2 REC TDs as WR(Both approx 50 yrds), nearly a 3rd
Rushing Yards as Half Back, not sure how many.

Now we didnt get to play for too long because 1 period goes for 70 mins and we need to get changed into our PE clothes then walk to the park, and vice versa. Im considering playing Flag Football next year, it's pretty awesome!

God I love Football :D

Made you feel like the baddest man alive, didn't it? :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
02-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Made you feel like the baddest man alive, didn't it? :bananen_smilies046:

It definitely did. The feeling is amazing! :D:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
It definitely did. The feeling is amazing! :D:bananen_smilies046:

And that feeling you get right after doing something great on the field sure does make you understand how some of NFL TD celebrations "go overboard" too.

:lol:

AussieChiefsFan
03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
And that feeling you get right after doing something great on the field sure does make you understand how some of NFL TD celebrations "go overboard" too.

:lol:

It does :D :bananen_smilies046:

TopekaRoy
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM
On those rare occasions when I scored a touchdown I would just gently place the football on the ground and 'high five' my nearest teammate.

That was my way of saying, "Hey look everybody! Look how great and humble I am!" :smile

chief31
03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
On those rare occasions when I scored a touchdown I would just gently place the football on the ground and 'high five' my nearest teammate.

That was my way of saying, "Hey look everybody! Look how great and humble I am!" :smile

I'll show that.... when I am not overwhelmed with adrenaline. But, on the field, I am there to have fun. It's a game.

Not that I ever went crazy with celebrations, but I certainly funderstand the urge, and I see nothing wrong with releasing some of that adrenaline.

But then, I have little problem with the fun-spirited celebrations that I have seen NFL players do, that are semi-planned, either.

The only celebrations I have seen in The NFL, that I dislike, are the mean-spirited taunts that defenders do after hurting/injuring an opponent.

I mean, you were able to blind-side a guy. What an achievement.

TopekaRoy
03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
The only celebrations I have seen in The NFL, that I dislike, are the mean-spirited taunts that defenders do after hurting/injuring an opponent.

I mean, you were able to blind-side a guy. What an achievement.

I agree, that's rude and obnoxious. As a fan I kind of like the more creative end zone celebrations. I don't see how it does any harm to the game.

As a player, though, I kind of subscribe to what Vince Lombardi once said; "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." I want my opponents to think that I'm thinking, "This is no big deal. This is what I'm supposed to do. My team expects to score against you and we can do it whenever we want!"

Maybe you can get inside their heads a little bit. :smile

AussieChiefsFan
03-06-2012, 02:33 AM
I agree, that's rude and obnoxious. As a fan I kind of like the more creative end zone celebrations. I don't see how it does any harm to the game.

As a player, though, I kind of subscribe to what Vince Lombardi once said; "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before." I want my opponents to think that I'm thinking, "This is no big deal. This is what I'm supposed to do. My team expects to score against you and we can do it whenever we want!"

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM

My oldest son played defense and scored only one TD his entire four years of high school football. It was a scoop and score, fumble recovery. He was tackled as he entered the end-zone, he just got up - walked over to the Ref and handed him the ball just like he'd been there a million times before. He then went to the sidelines and celebrated with his team mates.

chief31
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM

I am, in no way, suggesting that that is not the most respectable endzone celebration.

Just that I see how it can be difficult to hold back that feeling.

Especially if you juke a guy out of his cleats on your ay there. :D