PDA

View Full Version : Just thought this was kinda cool.....

okikcfan
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
So my son's girlfriend flew from Oklahoma City to Kansas City and from Kansas City to Indianapolis to view the college there. And who else but Pioli, Crennel and the Kansas City coaching staff and some players were with her. Now she's not a big football fan but knew I would get a kick out of it. She was so excited but sadly for me no pic's. Shes not sure who the players were but sat and talked to a woman that was with them. Just sayin.... it's kinda exciting for us redneck KC fans way down here....

TopekaRoy
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Cool! Do you mean they were with her on the plane to Indianapolis? If so, I find that VERY interesting ...

okikcfan
02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Yea that's what she said. She was on the plane with them and when they were at the baggage claim area there were people there holding signs Kansas City Chiefs and there was a chartered bus parked outside.

okikcfan
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
The combine starts tomorrow so I am guessing that is where they were headed....

TopekaRoy
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
The combine starts tomorrow so I am guessing that is where they were headed....

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

For a second I was thinking ... Oh, well. Never mind! :lol:

okikcfan
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

For a second I was thinking ... Oh, well. Never mind! :lol:

:lol: That's OK I was thinking the same thing when she sent me the text. :chiefs:

pojote
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
This is the confirmation.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17391498

nigeriannightmare
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
That pioli, what a bum taking the window seat. Fire him now......end sarcasm.

TopekaRoy
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
That pioli, what a bum taking the window seat. Fire him now......end sarcasm.

Scotty's the GM. He can sit anywhere he wants.

... At least ... he can sit anywhere Clark let's him sit! :lol:

jap1
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
This is the confirmation.
Chiefs head for combine -- in coach class - Kansas City Chiefs - CBSSports.com RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17391498)

Obviously another sign of how cheap Hunt is. I mean who flies Southwest airlines! Was Greyhound sold out? Clearly this shows a lack of dedication to making the Chiefs a winning organization. Im sure Robert Kraft flies Belichek on at least United ... end sarcasm

TopekaRoy
02-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Obviously another sign of how cheap Hunt is. I mean who flies Southwest airlines! Was Greyhound sold out? Clearly this shows a lack of dedication to making the Chiefs a winning organization. Im sure Robert Kraft flies Belichek on at least United ... end sarcasm

:lol: I actually DID laugh out loud!

We're never going to win a Super Bowl flying Southwest Airlines. Do they even HAVE a 'first class' section on their planes?

Jrudi
02-22-2012, 06:41 PM

We're never going to win a Super Bowl flying Southwest Airlines. Do they even HAVE a 'first class' section on their planes?

Another cool story about southwest airlines and Chiefs...

So 2 years ago (right after the Chiefs claimed Chris Chambers off of Waivers from San Diego)

My wife and I were visiting my Father-in law in San Diego, and flew in and out of KC...

Anyways, as we were waiting to board the return flight, there was a guy I saw that looked really familiar..but it was hard to tell because he had sun glasses on. He sat really close to where my wife and I were, so the whole flight I couldn't think of who he was (it was still hard to tell cus he never took off his sunglasses, plus he had only been on the team for like 2 weeks so I wasn't sure what he actually looked like).

Finally just before we landed, I told my wife "I KNOW IT! I think thats Chris Chambers! we just picked him up, and I bet he still lives in San Diego, it was a Tuesday, and in the NFL Wednesdays are their Mondays, so I figured he was flying back to KC for practice the next day.

So we get off the plane and sure enough a limo driver is setting there with a sign that says Chris Chambers. I stopped to talk to him for a bit, and he was one of the nicest most humble guys. My wife was so embarrassed she screwed up the picture she took of him with her brother and myself, It's just a blurry picture of 3 people haha.

Sounds like Southwest is the airline of choice for those Chiefs...might swing some decisions on what airline to take on your next trip!

TopekaRoy
02-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Another cool story about southwest airlines and Chiefs...

http://files.sharenator.com/Cool_Dog_Hey_Cool_story_bro41_RE_oh_crap_moments-s400x400-96811.jpg

I'm not being sarcastic. It really was! :bananen_smilies046:

jap1
02-22-2012, 08:40 PM

I am fairly sure they do not. I hope we dont fly our prospective free agents in on Southwest airlines.

That may be why some guys visit and then never come back! Whats a few extra hundred dollars to impress a big name FA after all!

2010chiefs
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I am fairly sure they do not. I hope we dont fly our prospective free agents in on Southwest airlines.

That may be why some guys visit and then never come back! Whats a few extra hundred dollars to impress a big name FA after all!

Yeah no kidding ha!

okikcfan
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
It's because Bag's fly FREE! They could bring their girlfriends at no extra cost!

OPLookn
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM

The Chiefs probably give them drink vouchers before the flight too but only two beverages, along with an economy car from Enterprise. Cheap so and so's! /end sarcasm

TopekaRoy
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
The Chiefs probably give them drink vouchers before the flight too but only two beverages, along with an economy car from Enterprise. Cheap so and so's! /end sarcasm

Actually, a 2 drink limit is probably a good idea. You don't want your free agent to show up drunk for the interview! And don't knock Enterprise ... They'll pick you up!

Wow. I am way over-thinking this!

These are both me.--->:efpge:

OPLookn
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Actually, a 2 drink limit is probably a good idea. You don't want your free agent to show up drunk for the interview! And don't knock Enterprise ... They'll pick you up!

Wow. I am way over-thinking this!

These are both me.--->:efpge:

Or do you? If they show up drunk you might be able to get them to sign a beneficial contract for us and not him. Not knocking Enterprise just that the Chiefs would only give the player an economy car and not a Bentley. :smile

TGIF!!! :beer: