PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Manning ending up with KC

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2012, 04:36 AM
What are the chances according to you?

Coach
02-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm guessing about 25%. He still hasn't been released. We aren't exactly a team that typically goes and blows a bunch of money on big money free agents. But everything that Pioli says about our QB situation at least leads me to believe that we will at least inquire. And we are a team with salary cap firepower and talent with an unstable qb situation. There aren't many teams that have that situation and that would also be willing to roll the dice.

We are on the short list.
Possible landing spots in my opinion:
Tenn, Miami, KC, Denver, Washington.

AussieChiefsFan
02-25-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm guessing about 25%. He still hasn't been released. We aren't exactly a team that typically goes and blows a bunch of money on big money free agents. But everything that Pioli says about our QB situation at least leads me to believe that we will at least inquire. And we are a team with salary cap firepower and talent with an unstable qb situation. There aren't many teams that have that situation and that would also be willing to roll the dice.

We are on the short list.
Possible landing spots in my opinion:
Tenn, Miami, KC, Denver, Washington.

Yeah I mean we are definitely in a situation where we could sign him. But there ARE other things like, Indy not giving him up at all.

Chiefster
02-25-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm guessing that Hunt isn't going to pay what Manning will require.

jason1981
02-25-2012, 06:50 PM
i hate manning but he is good. dont know how id feel if we signed him

Jrudi
02-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah I mean we are definitely in a situation where we could sign him. But there ARE other things like, Indy not giving him up at all.

I don't think manning is going to require as much money as people think...

He has already came out and said he would be willing to sign a contract with little-to-No Guaranteed money, but more of a performance based deal. which means if he performs he gets paid, if not, there's not a big risk.

I think this is why Pioli will consider him. Manning isn't worried about money any more, Crap he makes enough with his endorsements, to still be a millionaire and not make a dime playing ball!

This injury has made him realize his career is almost over, and his drive is championships. Mark my word, manning will not go to the team which can throw the most money at him (Cough..Washington and Miami). If he leaves Indy, it will be a team that he feels is the "Best Fit" for him, and gives him the best chance to compete for a few championships before he hangs it up.

AussieChiefsFan
02-26-2012, 01:39 AM
I don't think manning is going to require as much money as people think...

He has already came out and said he would be willing to sign a contract with little-to-No Guaranteed money, but more of a performance based deal. which means if he performs he gets paid, if not, there's not a big risk.

I think this is why Pioli will consider him. Manning isn't worried about money any more, Crap he makes enough with his endorsements, to still be a millionaire and not make a dime playing ball!

This injury has made him realize his career is almost over, and his drive is championships. Mark my word, manning will not go to the team which can throw the most money at him (Cough..Washington and Miami). If he leaves Indy, it will be a team that he feels is the "Best Fit" for him, and gives him the best chance to compete for a few championships before he hangs it up.

Exactly

insurancedad
02-26-2012, 03:21 AM
I think they are looking to sell tickets again and have the stadium full so coughing up the money for Manning shouldn't be a problem.

AussieChiefsFan
02-26-2012, 03:28 AM
I think they are looking to sell tickets again and have the stadium full so coughing up the money for Manning shouldn't be a problem.

Welcome to the Chiefs Crowd!!!

nigeriannightmare
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM

The only players i dislike more are bob sanders and shawne flippin merriman. But we'd be a superbowl contender as soon as he signed the contract can't hate that.

matthewschiefs
02-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I would love to see it happen but I think that it is very unlikely

AussieChiefsFan
02-27-2012, 12:30 AM

WHY?

dbolan
02-27-2012, 07:49 AM
I don"t think he will come to the Chiefs due to the small market here. He will not have the control over the offense, etc etc either. Plus, it is a cold weather climate. Last but not least, the $$$ won't be there.

AussieChiefsFan
02-28-2012, 12:11 AM
I don"t think he will come to the Chiefs due to the small market here. He will not have the control over the offense, etc etc either. Plus, it is a cold weather climate. Last but not least, the $$$ won't be there.

I'd think the chiefs have a better team than atleast some of the other teams wanting him. And also I thought he said he wasn't interested in guaranteed money.

KristofLaw
02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I cast my vote as unlikely as it just seems unreal to me that Peyton would be a Chief. I did however see Eli as a Chief in his dormant years in NY with the G-Men... too bad that didn't unfold.