PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo Super Bowl

TecmoNightmare
03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Does anyone else play Tecmo here?

I started to really dig the Chiefs in recent years thanks to this game.

I finished a season in both the original SNES and TSB III for SNES with the #1 ranked Overall defense, #1 ranked pass defense and #2 ranked rush defense (#4 on the first Tecmo)

There is no defense that comes close to this unit in the game, except for the Saints and Cowboys (Saints Dome Patrol era, Dallas in their prime with Charles Haley and Ken Norton)

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Sorry I think Im a bit young to have played those games. You play Madden?

matthewschiefs
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I LOVE TECMO. I play it alot still. It's fun to rember what games were like way back when

Chief Concerns
03-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Tecmo bowl was awesome on the NES and on the SNES. I recently got the newest version on PSN

:kc:

TecmoNightmare
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry I think Im a bit young to have played those games. You play Madden?

I played Madden when I was a kid, probably last one I played was Madden 2002.

I can't really play those games anymore, they are too fast paced for me. I did buy Madden 10 after the Saints won the Super Bowl for my PSP, and I struggled greatly with it. It always makes me feel like I am the quarterback rather than the coach, and I am more of a run first, pass second type player that relies heavily on defense.

You should totally play Tecmo Bowl though, the games rock!

TecmoNightmare
03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Tecmo bowl was awesome on the NES and on the SNES. I recently got the newest version on PSN

Is that any good? I was wanting to check it out.

Somebody a while back told me there is a Playstation version that is based on the 1996 or 1997 season with updated graphics, and I have been curious to check that out.

Chief Concerns
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Is that any good? I was wanting to check it out.

Somebody a while back told me there is a Playstation version that is based on the 1996 or 1997 season with updated graphics, and I have been curious to check that out.

It's a good game. Allows the user to switch back and forth between a newer view and the original. There is no NFL licensing though, so just generic teams and players. Not sure why though as the new Blitz was able to obtain the NFL license

matthewschiefs
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
It's a good game. Allows the user to switch back and forth between a newer view and the original. There is no NFL licensing though, so just generic teams and players. Not sure why though as the new Blitz was able to obtain the NFL license

Working in the gameing world I can answer this one. The old blitz was not made by EA so when EA locked up the rights Midway could no longer make it with NFL teams. The new Blitz is a EA sports game so they have the license to make it with NFL players going along with there Madden license.

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I played Madden when I was a kid, probably last one I played was Madden 2002.

I can't really play those games anymore, they are too fast paced for me. I did buy Madden 10 after the Saints won the Super Bowl for my PSP, and I struggled greatly with it. It always makes me feel like I am the quarterback rather than the coach, and I am more of a run first, pass second type player that relies heavily on defense.

You should totally play Tecmo Bowl though, the games rock!
Are there any tecmo games on ps2, ps3 or pc? theyre the consoles i have.

chief31
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I loved Tecmo Bowl when I was young.

The Chiefs and The Steelers were easily the best two teams there were.

All you needed was Okoye and DT, and there would never be any way to lose.

And The Steelers had Rod Woodson running down on kickoffs, getting the ball on about half of them.

And Greg Lloyd was your QB killer.

Barry Sanders was also exceptional. But they did not have as quick a pass-rusher.

That was a great game.

matthewschiefs
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Are there any tecmo games on ps2, ps3 or pc? theyre the consoles i have.

I don't think so. The only Tecmo superbowl game for Playstation was for Ps1 they had planed one for PS2 but they never completed the game. And I don't think that the one for Ps1 is able to play on PS2 or 3

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think so. The only Tecmo superbowl game for Playstation was for Ps1 they had planed one for PS2 but they never completed the game. And I don't think that the one for Ps1 is able to play on PS2 or 3

Can you give me the exact title of the game on the PS1? Ill look for it and if it's cheap ill buy it and try it on my ps2 or ps3. If it doesn't work Ill look for my ps1 if i still have it.

matthewschiefs
03-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Can you give me the exact title of the game on the PS1? Ill look for it and if it's cheap ill buy it and try it on my ps2 or ps3. If it doesn't work Ill look for my ps1 if i still have it.

The game is just called TECMO SUPERBOWL
http://www.gamersace.com/images/PS1-TecmoSuperBowl.jpg

On ebay it's going for about 20$ If you really like games I highly recommend trying some Older games. They might not have the graphics that todays games do but some of them are far better then the games you see today. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2012, 01:44 AM
The game is just called TECMO SUPERBOWL
http://www.gamersace.com/images/PS1-TecmoSuperBowl.jpg

On ebay it's going for about 20$ If you really like games I highly recommend trying some Older games. They might not have the graphics that todays games do but some of them are far better then the games you see today. :bananen_smilies046:

Thanks. Ill look into it.

EDIT: If I find my PS1 or get a confirmation it works on PS2 or PS3, Ill really consider buying the game.