PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Press Conference Question

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to let the ChiefsCrowd know that I will be lucky enough to get the opportunity to attend the annual 101 Awards ceremony this Saturday.

Along with this I received a pleasant surprise from my boss..He has invited me to attend the press conference before hand which will include all of the national award recipients, but also management and award winners from the Chiefs.

He mentioned to me that at the end of the media session, the group of people representing the Chiefs (I would assume, Pioli, Crennel, DJ, and Justin Houston) allow for the visitor (us) of the press conference to ask them a number of questions pertaining to the Chiefs.

Just wanted to get you guys involved and see if you could come up with some interesting questions I could ask if I am given the chance to. If I do, I will report back to you guys here at the Crowd what the response was.

Thanks for the help! and GO CHIEFS!

dbolan
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
How many sammiches does Romeo eat at one sitting? LMAO

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
How many sammiches does Romeo eat at one sitting? LMAO

haha yeah, although a good question I'm not so sure that'll make my boss too happy

I may be able to answer that question if I watch him at the dinner though haha

OPLookn
03-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Did you :whipping1: Romeo for his comments at the combine about Manning AND Henne?

okikcfan
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Did you :whipping1: Romeo for his comments at the combine about Manning AND Henne?

DO NOT ask anything about Peyton Manning!:lol:

OPLookn
03-01-2012, 02:23 PM
DO NOT ask anything about Peyton Manning!:lol:

Good point...ONLY ask this question if one of these things have occured:

1) It's past March 13th and Manning has been released.
2) Manning has been released.
3) If a question about Manning has been asked already proceed to a Henne question.
4) Before asking #3 please see steps 1 and 2 and insert the name Henne.

okikcfan
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Good point...ONLY ask this question if one of these things have occured:

1) It's past March 13th and Manning has been released.
2) Manning has been released.
3) If a question about Manning has been asked already proceed to a Henne question.
4) Before asking #3 please see steps 1 and 2 and insert the name Henne.

:lol:

okikcfan
03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Yea maybe we should just stick with the sammiches questions! He might get confused!

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Considering the event hasn't taken place yet, no...

But I'll see what I can do for ya haha.

Well I guess just keep em coming, eventually there will be one worthy of asking haha

Think I'll stay away from questions regarding Romeo's eating habbits, manning, and oh yeah sammiches....

whackojacko58
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
in what stage of developing this franchise into a elite team do you feel we are at as a team? a.k.a. how close do we feel as a whole, knocking on the door steps, a few blocks away? lol

OPLookn
03-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Considering the event hasn't taken place yet, no...

But I'll see what I can do for ya haha.

Well I guess just keep em coming, eventually there will be one worthy of asking haha

Think I'll stay away from questions regarding Romeo's eating habbits, manning, and oh yeah sammiches....

Unfortunately everything that we've been talking about recently has been draft strategies, free agents, and resigning's (i.e. who we're targeting). Obviously they're not going to tell us that.

Other than something like "In your first few drafts players that had a lot of playing time in college and were team captains were targeted. Last year deviated a bit from this strategy. Are the Chiefs drafting habits going to be similar to the first two years or is it just about finding the right 53 now?". This might give us some insight into if they're just looking for squeaky clean players or if we're willing to stretch a bit on a guy.

The only other question that I'd be curious about is that teams in the NFL are constantly changing. Passing wasn't nearly as prominent in the 90's or early 2000's. With the Patriots moving back to a 4-3 and lots of teams having switched to a 3-4 to follow suit do you see other teams going back to the 4-3? Basically do we move back to a 4-3 to gain people that others aren't looking at because they don't fit a 3-4 mold?

I'm sure they have canned answers for everything but those two things are what I'd be most curious about.

dbolan
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
If Stanzi is not direct competition or capable of achieving the starting role for QB, then why is he on the roster?

nigeriannightmare
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
If Stanzi is not direct competition or capable of achieving the starting role for QB, then why is he on the roster?

This....Find out where they are with stanzi and is pioli reminded of brady when talking about stanzi.

okikcfan
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
This....Find out where they are with stanzi and is pioli reminded of brady when talking about stanzi.

This!:punk:

TopekaRoy
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't think they would be willing to answer any of my questions, but I will pose them anyway.

"How close are you and Bowe to reaching an agreement, and are you more likely to use the franchise tag on him or Carr?"

"What do you feel are the Chiefs biggest needs, right now?"

"What is Romeo's favorite Kansas City barbecue joint and his favorite drinking establishment? (I'd like to have a beer with him!)"

2010chiefs
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't think they would be willing to answer any of my questions, but I will pose them anyway.

"How close are you and Bowe to reaching an agreement, and are you more likely to use the franchise tag on him or Carr?"

"What do you feel are the Chiefs biggest needs, right now?"

"What is Romeo's favorite Kansas City barbecue joint and his favorite drinking establishment? (I'd like to have a beer with him!)"

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Chiefster
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
For Pioli:

Is that your real hair? :D

Ryfo18
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
in what stage of developing this franchise into a elite team do you feel we are at as a team? a.k.a. how close do we feel as a whole, knocking on the door steps, a few blocks away? lol

I think this is a very good question.

You could also go for this:

Who is your daddy and what does he do - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDL1Yq753KM&feature=related)

okikcfan
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Will you be on next seasons Dancing with the Stars?

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately everything that we've been talking about recently has been draft strategies, free agents, and resigning's (i.e. who we're targeting). Obviously they're not going to tell us that.

Other than something like "In your first few drafts players that had a lot of playing time in college and were team captains were targeted. Last year deviated a bit from this strategy. Are the Chiefs drafting habits going to be similar to the first two years or is it just about finding the right 53 now?". This might give us some insight into if they're just looking for squeaky clean players or if we're willing to stretch a bit on a guy.

The only other question that I'd be curious about is that teams in the NFL are constantly changing. Passing wasn't nearly as prominent in the 90's or early 2000's. With the Patriots moving back to a 4-3 and lots of teams having switched to a 3-4 to follow suit do you see other teams going back to the 4-3? Basically do we move back to a 4-3 to gain people that others aren't looking at because they don't fit a 3-4 mold?

I'm sure they have canned answers for everything but those two things are what I'd be most curious about.

I'm seeing some really good ideas here, I like the who is your daddy and what does he do question...and we've already decided I was ruling out Romeo's eating habits, but I didn't say drinking habits, and we're in KC so BBQ is all good, I could go with that one....

But I really like this one above the best so far, I feel like its a legit question, well thought out, and one they could actually answer somewhat honestly and descriptively unlike questions about who they are targeting..

Keep them coming.. I've got to decide by tomorrow evening cus I won't be back on the rest of the weekend.

70 chiefsfan70
03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
How about, "Do the polls or comments on Chiefs Crowd have any influence on your roster moves."

With the new CBA, do you feel more comfortable drafting for need, rather then value? If so, can the fans expect to see the Chiefs go after a QBOTF in the 2013 draft?

kcchiefs29
03-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Don't know if you read Arrowhead Pride or not but a guy posted a Fan Post a couple of days ago about questions to ask at a press conference. This site is blocking me from posting a link but if you go to Arrowhead Pride > Fan Posts > Recently Posted it is about 2/3 down the page. Title is "Memo to KC Sports Media: Your Questions Stink!" by KCmikeman. I thought some of his questions were insightful.

OPLookn
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't know if you read Arrowhead Pride or not but a guy posted a Fan Post a couple of days ago about questions to ask at a press conference. This site is blocking me from posting a link but if you go to Arrowhead Pride > Fan Posts > Recently Posted it is about 2/3 down the page. Title is "Memo to KC Sports Media: Your Questions Stink!" by KCmikeman. I thought some of his questions were insightful.

Here's the full article/post and it is really good and the questions are awesome!

Memo to KC Sports Media: Your Questions Stink! - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/2/29/2833152/memo-to-kc-sports-media-your-questions-stink)

"Is it me or are the questions being asked of guys like Pioli and Crennel predictable, boring, lazy, and less likely to generate a thoughtful insightful response than if Kim Kardashian was conducting the interview. You know Pioli, coming from the Belichik school of media relations isn't going to want to share too much information so for pete's sake, ask a question that will stimulate him intellectually and allow an opportunity to get some insight into how he views the roster.

What questions would you like to see asked and why?

Here are some questions I would have liked to see asked and why:

1. Wiegmann has been a solid productive player at the center position for years despite being undersized. I think most people would say his best years were when he was flanked by bigger players like Waters and Shields. Rodney Hudson is also a bit undersized. Do you feel it necessary, if the center is going to be undersized compared to his peers, that he be flanked by bigger players at the guard positions? (The point of this question is to draw out whether Pioli believes he needs to upgrade the LG/Ryan Lilja position. We have the DeCastro camp out there in full campaign mode but maybe Pioli doesn't even think it needs to be addressed. And wouldn't his answer to this likely be a little more telling than: "We need competition at every position."

2. Every QB's completion percentage goes down when pressure is applied but this seems especially true of Matt Cassel. Knowing that, what was your thought process in not successfully addressing the RT position last year? Did you feel the players there would develop but they didn't? And where do you rate on the priority list improving pass protection, and not only at the RT position but across the whole line? (The point of this question should be clear.)

3. Given the trend for big athletic TE's to play such a focal point in passing games, what are some of the things that you see can be done to counteract that kind of player in terms of personnel? Do you think we will see smaller faster LB's deployed to defend such a player? Or do we need to see a bigger faster player develop at the safety position? Is that even possible? (The point of this question is to try and judge whether we are going to see a suprise major free agent signing or higher draft pick at the safety or LB position that we as regular fans might not anticipate. I think we all know that we need depth at safety but does anyone think that Pioli will be targeting a starting safety like Landry or someone of that caliber? I doubt it. But hearing his answer to this question might tip us off to something on this front.)

4. We are used to seeing the type of player for the DE position in the 3-4 look like players such as Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, the guys from Pittsburgh and Baltimore, etc. You drafted Allen Bailey last year and he doesn't really fit that mold. What things does Bailey bring to the table that you think overcome the fact he doesn't have the size of a Richard Seymour? (The point of this question is to see if Pioli thinks he has his replacement for Glenn Dorsey already on the roster or if he is going to be targeting a true 3-4 DE again because he drafted Bailey to be a sub-rusher only.)

Okay, those are just a few of the things I would like to see asked. Certainly not as sexy as asking about Peyton Manning but might actually provide more insight into what the Chiefs will be doing this offseason. I'd like to see what questions you guys would have for the KC brass."

Jrudi
03-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Here's the full article/post and it is really good and the questions are awesome!

Memo to KC Sports Media: Your Questions Stink! - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/2/29/2833152/memo-to-kc-sports-media-your-questions-stink)

"Is it me or are the questions being asked of guys like Pioli and Crennel predictable, boring, lazy, and less likely to generate a thoughtful insightful response than if Kim Kardashian was conducting the interview. You know Pioli, coming from the Belichik school of media relations isn't going to want to share too much information so for pete's sake, ask a question that will stimulate him intellectually and allow an opportunity to get some insight into how he views the roster.

What questions would you like to see asked and why?

Here are some questions I would have liked to see asked and why:

1. Wiegmann has been a solid productive player at the center position for years despite being undersized. I think most people would say his best years were when he was flanked by bigger players like Waters and Shields. Rodney Hudson is also a bit undersized. Do you feel it necessary, if the center is going to be undersized compared to his peers, that he be flanked by bigger players at the guard positions? (The point of this question is to draw out whether Pioli believes he needs to upgrade the LG/Ryan Lilja position. We have the DeCastro camp out there in full campaign mode but maybe Pioli doesn't even think it needs to be addressed. And wouldn't his answer to this likely be a little more telling than: "We need competition at every position."

2. Every QB's completion percentage goes down when pressure is applied but this seems especially true of Matt Cassel. Knowing that, what was your thought process in not successfully addressing the RT position last year? Did you feel the players there would develop but they didn't? And where do you rate on the priority list improving pass protection, and not only at the RT position but across the whole line? (The point of this question should be clear.)

3. Given the trend for big athletic TE's to play such a focal point in passing games, what are some of the things that you see can be done to counteract that kind of player in terms of personnel? Do you think we will see smaller faster LB's deployed to defend such a player? Or do we need to see a bigger faster player develop at the safety position? Is that even possible? (The point of this question is to try and judge whether we are going to see a suprise major free agent signing or higher draft pick at the safety or LB position that we as regular fans might not anticipate. I think we all know that we need depth at safety but does anyone think that Pioli will be targeting a starting safety like Landry or someone of that caliber? I doubt it. But hearing his answer to this question might tip us off to something on this front.)

4. We are used to seeing the type of player for the DE position in the 3-4 look like players such as Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, the guys from Pittsburgh and Baltimore, etc. You drafted Allen Bailey last year and he doesn't really fit that mold. What things does Bailey bring to the table that you think overcome the fact he doesn't have the size of a Richard Seymour? (The point of this question is to see if Pioli thinks he has his replacement for Glenn Dorsey already on the roster or if he is going to be targeting a true 3-4 DE again because he drafted Bailey to be a sub-rusher only.)

Okay, those are just a few of the things I would like to see asked. Certainly not as sexy as asking about Peyton Manning but might actually provide more insight into what the Chiefs will be doing this offseason. I'd like to see what questions you guys would have for the KC brass."

Wow love those questions!

Thanks for the insight

Jrudi
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Alright I think I have chose the question I will ask if I get the chance, and have an explanation for it as well

Drum roll please.........

In your first few drafts it seemed you put an emphasis on targeting players who had a lot of playing experience in college, were team captains, and extremely high character leaders. Last year it seemed the strategy deviated a bit from this (Not as many team captains, some a bit less experience than past prospects). Do you feel you are you happy with the leadership group you have added within this team right now that may cause us to see the Chiefs drafting habits focus more on "the right 53" or can we expect a draft strategy targeting similar prospects to 2009-2010?

The reason I chose this one is because I feel this may give us the best overall idea of how the draft strategy might be this year.

I liked the question about Weiggmann and Hundson being undersized, and if he thought they needed to be flanked by lager guards...but I feel like that focuses on just one position.

Plus I feel like the question I chose can give us an idea of where he feels we are in the process of building this team, and what the men upstairs will be looking for this off season when they are adding to our team.

Thanks for the suggestions, sorry I had to pass on how many sammiches can Crennel eat in one setting.

I'll let you know the response if I get the chance to ask.