PDA

View Full Version : Kemoaetu or Foote?? worth it for depth

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
As most have seen, the Steelers are cleaning house, and litterally starting a re-building strategy as we speak.

They have released Hines Ward (which there is a thread about already)

But have also just announced they are letting go of OG Chris Kemoeatu, and DE Aaron Smith, and reports are that they are trying to decide to also release either Larry Foote or James Farrior.

Now I would not want to add Farrior or Smith because they are like 35 and 37...

But Kemoeatu is only 29, and Foote is 31.

What are your guy's thoughts on adding either of these players for depth purposes?

I wouldn't mind the additions

bigwigbob
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Kemoeatu has been pretty disappointing the last year+. I would kick the tires on Farrior though.

Jrudi
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah I wouldn't want Farrior because he is 37, he's probably going to retire.

But I wouldn't mind Foote. He's only 31 which isn't young by any means, but he's still got a couple of productive years left.

You would have to think that he could come in and add depth and competition at our ILB position and push Belcher to either be better, or rotate with him.

TopekaRoy
03-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I would rather have Foote because I can't pronounce Kemoeatu! :smile

TopekaRoy
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Key-moe-ee-ah-too?
key-moe-ay-ah-too?

AussieChiefsFan
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
I would rather have Foote because I can't pronounce Kemoeatu! :smile

:lol:

chief31
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
No real interest here. The Steelers aren't rebuilding. They are doing what they have always done, and allowing the older players to go.

Farrior is the best player there, then Ward. But both appear to be over the hill.

okikcfan
03-03-2012, 06:32 PM
No real interest here. The Steelers aren't rebuilding. They are doing what they have always done, and allowing the older players to go.

Farrior is the best player there, then Ward. But both appear to be over the hill.

HEY! I resemble that remark!:whipping1:

chief31
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
HEY! I resemble that remark!:whipping1:

As do I.:smile