PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade for RGIII

N TX Dave
03-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I just read an article (http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/03/01/rgiii-and-the-chiefs-sacred-cows/) about who are untouchable in a trade to get RGIII and it got me to thinking there are not to many that I would not trade maybe DJ and Tamba and I would have to throw Brandon Albert just because we can get no one to replace him this year in FA or latter in the draft say round 3. But I think I might give up anyone else but depending on who the someone else was what other draft picks would be included. So what do you think who would you not trade for RGIII? Now like the article said I would trade Glenn Dorsey in a heart beat and I am not displeased with his play.

slc chief
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
no player. because i think rg3 is going to be a good not great player for 3 years max. then his injuries start to catch up with him. he is promoting himself real well and selling himself pretty good. but he has not played the position for very long.and the nfl is alot differant than college.oh wait i take all of that back i would give up MATT CASSELL in a heartbeat

OPLookn
03-04-2012, 12:36 AM
no player. because i think rg3 is going to be a good not great player for 3 years max. then his injuries start to catch up with him. he is promoting himself real well and selling himself pretty good. but he has not played the position for very long.and the nfl is alot differant than college.oh wait i take all of that back i would give up MATT CASSELL in a heartbeat

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious. RG3 played QB for all 4 years he was at Baylor. He's only had one injury, it happened in his Sophomore season and since then he's started ever since.

I think that RG3 is going to be a starting QB in the NFL and once he gets some experience I wouldn't be suprized at all to see him leading a team to the playoffs 2 or 3 years after being drafted.

AussieChiefsFan
03-04-2012, 02:21 AM
I would definitely not trade Charles.

N TX Dave
03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I would definitely not trade Charles.

Yes but he is a running back and only has a few more years, but if he was the one being traded that would cut down the draft picks I would give up alot.

slc chief
03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious. RG3 played QB for all 4 years he was at Baylor. He's only had one injury, it happened in his Sophomore season and since then he's started ever since.

I think that RG3 is going to be a starting QB in the NFL and once he gets some experience I wouldn't be suprized at all to see him leading a team to the playoffs 2 or 3 years after being drafted.

i was joking i think whoever gets rg3 is going to have some exciting football for many years to come.he has alot of talent a hell of an arm and watching an interview on him he is a pretty smart kid.

figcrostic
03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson, Barry Richardson, and Thomas Jones.

70 chiefsfan70
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Matt Cassel, Tyson Jackson, Barry Richardson, and Thomas Jones.

The problem with us making someone take Richardson is, that we would have to throw in an extra 3rd round pick, but second thought it would be worth that to not have him here.

SBV_Eagle_Bull
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
i like our roster now...... plus i have alot of faith in stanzi... i believe he's our future....go CHIEFS

whackojacko58
03-05-2012, 02:55 PM
id treade matt cassel, next two first round picks for him, maybe wed pull a three way trade where cassel goes to the browns or dolphins for like a third or fourth pick and then picks go to rams and we get rg3

chief31
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Nothing really.

I have little interest in RG III.

okikcfan
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Nothing really.

So if you could pick up a QB this year it would be.........
and Luck is no one you can pick.......

figcrostic
03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Nothing really.

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-05-2012, 05:31 PM
So if you could pick up a QB this year it would be.........
and Luck is no one you can pick.......

Peyton Manning, or Kyle Orton.

But then, I think Matt Cassel is extremely capable of leading this team anywhere we want to go, if we just stop changing the offense and let him grow with it.

okikcfan
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Well that seems to be easier said then done so far....

chief31
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Well that seems to be easier said then done so far....

And packaging some picks and players together to get near the top of the draft has proven easy?

Manning has not even become a free agent yet.

But honestly, if we wind up with Cassel, Stanzi, and some lack-luster QB like David Garrard, I am fine with that.

Matt Cassel has been very good, more than he has not. There is a whole lot of potential still there.

I do not see the QB position is a position of serious need.

TopekaRoy
03-05-2012, 06:34 PM
And packaging some picks and players together to get near the top of the draft has proven easy?

Manning has not even become a free agent yet.

But honestly, if we wind up with Cassel, Stanzi, and some lack-luster QB like David Garrard, I am fine with that.

Matt Cassel has been very good, more than he has not. There is a whole lot of potential still there.

I do not see the QB position is a position of serious need.

I agree. With Charles in the backfield and a better O-line, Cassel can get the job done. I don't think think we need a better starting QB (although it wouldn't hurt any). But I do think adding depth at QB is a serious need. Whether that means signing Orton, Quinn, Henne, or drafting a star QB of the future doesn't really matter to me. Upgrade the O-line and maybe add another decent RB, first, and this offense will start clicking.

okikcfan
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Peyton Manning, or Kyle Orton.

But then, I think Matt Cassel is extremely capable of leading this team anywhere we want to go, if we just stop changing the offense and let him grow with it.

I just don't get the whole Kyle Orton thing.....If you are going to go to all the trouble of changing QB's, why not just make a improvement? Why bother bringing in someone who is just like the one you have. Manning, if he can really play, yes. But he is just a short term fix. In a year, two or maybe if we are lucky three we can do this all over again......

N TX Dave
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I just don't get the whole Kyle Orton thing.....If you are going to go to all the trouble of changing QB's, why not just make a improvement? Why bother bringing in someone who is just like the one you have. Manning, if he can really play, yes. But he is just a short term fix. In a year, two or maybe if we are lucky three we can do this all over again......

Yes and with 2 or 3 year older stars I am sure Charles will be done or at least on his last leg.

Bike
03-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I agree. With Charles in the backfield and a better O-line, Cassel can get the job done. I don't think think we need a better starting QB (although it wouldn't hurt any). But I do think adding depth at QB is a serious need. Whether that means signing Orton, Quinn, Henne, or drafting a star QB of the future doesn't really matter to me. Upgrade the O-line and maybe add another decent RB, first, and this offense will start clicking.
Either Orton or Quinn would start over Cassel if brought here. Henne is a toss-up.

AussieChiefsFan
03-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Yes but he is a running back and only has a few more years, but if he was the one being traded that would cut down the draft picks I would give up alot.

Still 0 chance i would trade him.

chiefnut
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
i would certainly take him if he fell to us but we cannot afford to trade up. the team still has some holes to fill and little to no depth. a trade would deplete what we have and all we would be left with is a potentialy great QB who is running for his life ala david carr and for us old folk bert jones. stay the course fill our current needs, cassel or orton will be ok when we have our running game back and stanzi may be a diamond in the rough. we can always draft or sign a QB next year or get in on the manning sweepstakes this year.

dbolan
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
No one.

kckidd8870
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
matt cassel,Barry Richardson,thomas Jonesand Tyson Jackson.you couodnt get a pee wee player for those guys.

chief31
03-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Kyle Orton represents the best backup in The NFL rather he wins a competition and forces Cassel to the backup spot, or winds up there himself.

And he is not the same QB, at all, as Matt Cassel.

Orton proved, with The Broncos, that he can be a top gun-slinger in The NFL.

Given any kind of consistency, and surrounding talent, I think Kyle Orton can be in the same group as Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Rivers.