PDA

View Full Version : The Defense's weakness

Three7s
10-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I think it's obvious now, isn't it? This defense can't stop the run at ALL. Ahman Green ran on them pretty good, Peterson ran all over them, LT got his first 100+ yard rushing game against them, in just one half, and now Jones-Drew and Taylor are running all over our Defense. If we're gonna be a great defense, this team has GOT to get better against the run.

stlchief
10-07-2007, 01:51 PM
True. Plus another 50 yd play. Has anyone else in the NFL given up more than we have so far?

sling58
10-07-2007, 01:55 PM
We just need to get more agrressive.

wolfpack
10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
the truth, its simple, they need to learn to tackle.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I think it's obvious now, isn't it? This defense can't stop the run at ALL. Ahman Green ran on them pretty good, Peterson ran all over them, LT got his first 100+ yard rushing game against them, in just one half, and now Jones-Drew and Taylor are running all over our Defense. If we're gonna be a great defense, this team has GOT to get better against the run.

We can't even do the basics like tackling right now.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:44 AM
We can't even do the basics like tackling right now.

I have never heard of this "tackling" could you please go into more detail for me. I would love to know what this "tackling" you speak of is. It sounds interesting.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Ty Law looked terrible.

sling58
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Tackling looked terrible.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Ty Law looked terrible.

Tell me about it. He better get a few interceptions this year, or acquiring him was a waste.

Three7s
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Tell me about it. He better get a few interceptions this year, or acquiring him was a waste.
He got one against the Bolts! Though, that was just an awful pass by Rivers.:lol:

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
The consolation is that you have 2 games against a horrible Denver team, and one more against San Diego @ Arrowhead. That's 3 winnable games there. You have Cincy, Detroit, NYJ & Tenn on the schedule. If you win the games you only have to pick up one real upset to win 10 games (likely winning the division with that record).

If the O-line looks bad this weekend, then you can start hitting the panic button.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 10:51 PM
The consolation is that you have 2 games against a horrible Denver team, and one more against San Diego @ Arrowhead. That's 3 winnable games there. You have Cincy, Detroit, NYJ & Tenn on the schedule. If you win the games you only have to pick up one real upset to win 10 games (likely winning the division with that record).

If the O-line looks bad this weekend, then you can start hitting the panic button.

Haven't hit the panic button yet, as I have said many times we are still tied for second with 3 teams, we are still in it.

I just want to not see this offensive breakdown every week.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Depends if it is the San Diego we played or the one Denver played. And I am still not sure that the Oakland games would be considered a real upset, especially the one at home. But again why not focus on going all the way not just making the playoffs, it is like teasing a little kid with candy then giving them one M&M. just not filling after a while.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Depends if it is the San Diego we played or the one Denver played. And I am still not sure that the Oakland games would be considered a real upset, especially the one at home. But again why not focus on going all the way not just making the playoffs, it is like teasing a little kid with candy then giving them one M&M. just not filling after a while.

Ahem... the Enter button... ahem...

McLovin
10-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Ahem... the Enter button... ahem...
Come

On

HH

That

Wasnt

That

Long

hermhater
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Come

On

HH

That

Wasnt

That

Long

Goodone!

Three7s
10-09-2007, 12:37 AM

The Titans aren't really a gimme, however, they're a team we're capable of beating. I'm really worried about Oakland. The only thing shaking the doubt of how we'll do against them is the fact that they haven't really beaten anyone. I don't think the Lions are a gimme either. Their defense isn't very good, but their offense is very good, with the exception of their performance against the Skins. Not to mention it's on the road.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Every D's weakness can be summed up in two words:

PRIEST HOLMES

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 12:45 AM

I really think what it is going to boil down to is whoever has the best record against the AFC West teams is going to win the AFC West. Yes, i know it doesnt exactly work that way....the best record in the AFC WEST moves on....but I think this year, whoever wins the most division games is probably gonna be on top. So we need to REALLY WORRY ABOUT our games against SD, LA RAY, and DA BRONCS. If we can have the best record against division opponents (1-0 right now) i think we will get that playoff spot.

WE SHALL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is gonna be tough. We have just as much a chance to win as we have to lose.

whoever does win out of the afc west will lose first round in the playoffs though.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The Titans aren't really a gimme, however, they're a team we're capable of beating. I'm really worried about Oakland. The only thing shaking the doubt of how we'll do against them is the fact that they haven't really beaten anyone. I don't think the Lions are a gimme either. Their defense isn't very good, but their offense is very good, with the exception of their performance against the Skins. Not to mention it's on the road.

I didn't include Oakland as a gimme. I figure between Oakland and TN one is a win at least and I counted the one I liked better. Tennessee hasn't looked very good since week 1. As for the Lions Kitna=Huard. Career back-up that is now the #1, the key is KC has the pass rush to upset Kitna.

As for which San Diego will show up...I don't think San Diego played much different against Denver than they did KC...the difference is that Denver's defense is that much worse than KC's.