PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

Three7s
10-07-2007, 03:10 PM
This game is so hard to watch, it's unbelievable. With the exception of one drive that led to a missed field goal, the Chiefs offense has done NOTHING. How many yrds does LJ have again? TG has had a good game, but it doesn't matter unless you get into the in-zone. Our defense got better as the game went along, but our run defense is shaky at best, and is our biggest weakness. The Jags are a mediocre team, that actually plays better on the road than at home. This is a game the Chiefs should win, but the Jags are handing our butts to us at Arrowhead.

Bowe has hardly even touched the ball until the 4th quarter. I heard he had to beg Herm to get him the ball.

sling58
10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
thsi is hard to watch.

wolfpack
10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
i think this game is easy to watch. they been playing this way all year so i`m use to it. besides it gives me a chance to go pee and get more beer.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Surely Herm can't keep playing like this.

Someone get a gun please.

Guru
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Heck, I spent most of the game reinstalling an OS on my laptop. This is what the organization has done to me.

I prefer banging my head against the wall productively rather than in vain.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Heck, I spent most of the game reinstalling an OS on my laptop. This is what the organization has done to me.

I prefer banging my head against the wall productively rather than in vain.

It was a real nail biter, wondering what blunderous defensive scheme would be called, and waiting for the offense to run whatever the hell Solari called.

Is there a reason Damon was not allowed to call audibles when he saw something he didn't like?

Or are the Chiefs not allowed to use their brains and blindly follow this coach like zombies.

I just don't get it.

Canada
10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
beer

taht is all

hermhater
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
beer

taht is all

not enough...

need more beer..

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Surely Herm can't keep playing like this.

Someone get a gun please.

Herm has nothing to do with this loss! This one is on tackling or lack of and O line. Definetly lack of. I could have rolled out with my son and his friends and did as good a job!!

for ever red
10-08-2007, 01:59 AM
After today all i can say is THANK GOD we have Tony cause we aint anything else.That game showed me that Larry aint going to get hurt this year unless it happens on his way to the bench 12 yards he should be paying the chiefs.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Herm has nothing to do with this loss! This one is on tackling or lack of and O line. Definetly lack of. I could have rolled out with my son and his friends and did as good a job!!

Isn't Herm teaching them how to tackle?

I guess not.

Play calling is not all there is to coaching. If he cannot use this spectacular talent that he has, then he is either as drunk as me, or as good a coach as me.

Either way the play calling would be different because I would have different players in the game.

:toast2:

for ever red
10-08-2007, 02:29 AM
I am with you hermhater bench about half them over payed bums I can`t beleave it would be any worse then it was today.

ChiefsFTW
10-08-2007, 02:35 AM
I guess I'm glad to say I'm unable to watch games where I'm at. Well I haven't been able to really watch Chiefs games for the last 2 years. That's the downside being in the military. But I get so moody when chiefs lose. My wife knows first hand lol.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 05:11 AM
This game is so hard to watch, it's unbelievable. With the exception of one drive that led to a missed field goal, the Chiefs offense has done NOTHING. How many yrds does LJ have again? TG has had a good game, but it doesn't matter unless you get into the in-zone. Our defense got better as the game went along, but our run defense is shaky at best, and is our biggest weakness. The Jags are a mediocre team, that actually plays better on the road than at home. This is a game the Chiefs should win, but the Jags are handing our butts to us at Arrowhead.

Bowe has hardly even touched the ball until the 4th quarter. I heard he had to beg Herm to get him the ball.

Did you notice the mass exodus in the fourth quarter? This, I believe, was a statement by the fans; one that I hope Herm Peterson herd loud and clear.

chief31
10-08-2007, 06:47 AM

I blame Herm for the lack of an O-line, very regularly. I have no clue how NFL defenders continue to try and tackle guys high. Look at the ball-carriers feet. The feet can not lie. Look at the shoulders and you won't know which way the guy is going. It really is that simple.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:01 AM
We did a terrible job all the way around.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I guess I'm glad to say I'm unable to watch games where I'm at. Well I haven't been able to really watch Chiefs games for the last 2 years. That's the downside being in the military. But I get so moody when chiefs lose. My wife knows first hand lol.

You are a true American hero.

Here is a virtual handshake for your part in defending our country.

Keep up the good work. We support you!

:sign0098: :drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM

I guess not.

Play calling is not all there is to coaching. If he cannot use this spectacular talent that he has, then he is either as drunk as me, or as good a coach as me.

Either way the play calling would be different because I would have different players in the game.

Is this a serious question? These guys learned how to tackle in 5th grade!!!!! 20 years later it's the coaches job to teach them how to tackle????

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I blame Herm for the lack of an O-line, very regularly. I have no clue how NFL defenders continue to try and tackle guys high. Look at the ball-carriers feet. The feet can not lie. Look at the shoulders and you won't know which way the guy is going. It really is that simple.

I was always taught to look at the waist. Your core or your hips indicate the direction in which your body is going to move.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:51 PM

I guess not.

Is this a serious question? These guys learned how to tackle in 5th grade!!!!! 20 years later it's the coaches job to teach them how to tackle????

The team should be going over basic drills every week in practice.

They still practice fundamentals at this level of play.

If they are not, then they are neglecting a seriously useful part of practice.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:53 PM
The team should be going over basic drills every week in practice.

They still practice fundamentals at this level of play.

If they are not, then they are neglecting a seriously useful part of practice.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't teach him how to %$^^&*^$#@^*((^& ing tackle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three7s
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
As far as the tackling thing goes, yeah we struggled with it this week. I've noticed, through the last few seasons, even back into the defense's hay days, at least one or two games per season where nothing goes right. Tackling, execution of plays, blocking, just nothing. Last year, it was against the Browns. Two years ago, against the *team not named* and the Giants. I could go on for many seasons. This season, we had our first game like this.
I'm not worried so much about tackling, usually we're not that bad at it. I'm more worried about our D-line and our LBs covering the holes in the running lane. There were holes all over the place, and we weren't fast enough to cover them. To touch on another subject, that I'm sure many have spoken about, I am through supporting LJ. He is not the kind of runner to fit this offense. He is great with a good O-line to make holes for him. When he gets that, he is fearsome. When he doesn't he's easy to take down. He can't make guys miss, he can't outrun guys to the outside, simple as that. Priest would be PERFECT for the way our O-line is. He makes people miss, and makes them look like idiots when he does it. I'm not gonna get into LJ's attitude, that's a moot point.

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Yes, unfortunately, it is. Or emove the guys who won't do it right. (Jared Page...AHEM..)

I was always taught to look at the waist. Your core or your hips indicate the direction in which your body is going to move.

I was also taught to look at the waist. When you are tackling in traffic, that is quie effective. But out in space it is certainly not terribly efficient. Whereas looking at the knees, or below, is almost fool-proof. Only a good spin move can misguide you. Looking at the feet, however, it is impossible to be shook. (Of couse if the ball-carrier is too quick, then you can't counter that.)

After a couple of years, I abandoned all other concepts and looked directly at the ball-carriers feet. The feet give the very first signal of where the ball-carrier is going.

The hips thing was a favorite of mine, to attack, when I had the football. In open space, my strongest move was the ability to stop, very hard. But the real advantage was when twisting the hips in the air, as if performing the stop, then shifting them back into place, and continuing on without slowing, in the least. This would cause a defender with a great angle, to give that angle up and allow me to run past with ease.

Anyway, most of the best tackling DBs have a very low visual target. They are the players who get the most open-field attempts. Ty Law has had that for years, but has strayed form it this year.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, unfortunately, it is. Or emove the guys who won't do it right. (Jared Page...AHEM..)

I was also taught to look at the waist. When you are tackling in traffic, that is quie effective. But out in space it is certainly not terribly efficient. Whereas looking at the knees, or below, is almost fool-proof. Only a good spin move can misguide you. Looking at the feet, however, it is impossible to be shook. (Of couse if the ball-carrier is too quick, then you can't counter that.)

After a couple of years, I abandoned all other concepts and looked directly at the ball-carriers feet. The feet give the very first signal of where the ball-carrier is going.

The hips thing was a favorite of mine, to attack, when I had the football. In open space, my strongest move was the ability to stop, very hard. But the real advantage was when twisting the hips in the air, as if performing the stop, then shifting them back into place, and continuing on without slowing, in the least. This would cause a defender with a great angle, to give that angle up and allow me to run past with ease.

Anyway, most of the best tackling DBs have a very low visual target. They are the players who get the most open-field attempts. Ty Law has had that for years, but has strayed form it this year.

Not so sure he has strayed but may just be too old and beat up to react quick enough. How long is his contract?

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Not so sure he has strayed but may just be too old and beat up to react quick enough. How long is his contract?

Not certain, but it is long. I could tell that he had his eyes up, on one play, against San Diego. When you see a defender reaching for shoulder pads, he wasn't watching too low.