PDA

View Full Version : So... draft a safety?

josh1971
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I had to utter some rather foul language when I read this. The worst thing I read was Romeo's comment:

"These things can be tough to come back from..."

Chiefs secondary could have unfamiliar look, at least temporarily, this off-season (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-secondary-could-have-unfamiliar-look-at-least-temporarily-this-off-season/ddf6e420-f45d-4531-8fcd-dfc5c5f51ca0)

Free Agent or draft, we may need more help there.

OPLookn
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I had to utter some rather foul language when I read this. The worst thing I read was Romeo's comment:

"These things can be tough to come back from..."

Chiefs secondary could have unfamiliar look, at least temporarily, this off-season (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-secondary-could-have-unfamiliar-look-at-least-temporarily-this-off-season/ddf6e420-f45d-4531-8fcd-dfc5c5f51ca0)

Free Agent or draft, we may need more help there.

I don't think we'll draft a safety in the first 3 rounds but I could see a 4th or 5th round flyer on someone. We need depth and just like we've neglected OLine for a long time we've done the same with Safeties. For the longest time the only names I can remember were Page and McGraw. That should say something right there.

josh1971
03-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think we'll draft a safety in the first 3 rounds but I could see a 4th or 5th round flyer on someone. We need depth and just like we've neglected OLine for a long time we've done the same with Safeties. For the longest time the only names I can remember were Page and McGraw. That should say something right there.

Oh heck yeah- I wouldn't say first three rounds, and if we can get someone decent in free agency, that's good too. I like Lewis a LOT, so I hope he gets better and can go by season's start. As of now we still have Piscatelli, McGraw, and Langford as well.

I would love to have a starting lineup by the fall of:

Flowers
Routt
Berry
Lewis

Yeah, I could live with that, especially with McGraw and hopefully Carr too.

JB

DMN
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I say draft a corner and look to move Jalil Brown to Safety. (Currently listed as a CB but by all means S size at 6-1 205 lbs)

After watching him last season he looks to have a LONG way to go to cut it at corner. His height is great but he just lacks the athleticism to hang with a "passing league" where QBs routinely see 40-50 attempts at CB.

...... See Donald Washington

TopekaRoy
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Brandon Merriweather should be available in FA.

Oh, wait ... We're looking for someone good.

josh1971
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Well, we still have Sabby

okikcfan
03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, we still have Sabby

:mooning: