PDA

View Full Version : give BOWE the damn ball!!!

garciakcfan
10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....

sling58
10-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Nice post! watch the cussing please though on the forums.

Guru
10-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe he should write a book about it.

garciakcfan
10-07-2007, 04:11 PM
LOL, that was kind of what I was going for but I got accused of cursing??? Hmmm I didnt think that was such a bad work though espcially when the word that is implied in that guys quote is a little worse for the kiddies....

bigpoppachief
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Once again we go away from what works and look what happens. Maybe someday herm edwards will wake up and smell the victory but then again maybe not. Kinda disappointed with our D as well today Jags held on the ball way too long

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:40 PM
LOL, that was kind of what I was going for but I got accused of cursing??? Hmmm I didnt think that was such a bad work though espcially when the word that is implied in that guys quote is a little worse for the kiddies....

It's alright, and you're right about the play calling, it sucked.

Dbowe should be given the ball EVERY down if need be.

Gonzo did a good job though.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Once again we go away from what works and look what happens. Maybe someday herm edwards will wake up and smell the victory but then again maybe not. Kinda disappointed with our D as well today Jags held on the ball way too long

How do you not go for the first down on 4th and 2 when you're down by 3 scores and only 6 minutes left in the game?

That is basic coaching skills failed once again.

wolfpack
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
the defense giving up 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 8, those are the ones why the defense wasnt that good this week. hermmie complanied about them holding the ball to long, well its the defense cant stop them on those...... thats what was so irratating today.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:43 PM
the defense giving up 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 8, those are the ones why the defense wasnt that good this week. hermmie complanied about them holding the ball to long, well its the defense cant stop them on those...... thats what was so irratating today.

Thought Herm was supposed to be this defensive genius?

Forget it and get rid of the guy!

garciakcfan
10-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Gonzo did have an excellent game but why aren't we spreading the ball around?? Wheres bobby sippio?? Eddie Kennison was back today, only saw one ball thrown his way. I really dont think herm is the problem but he should put his foot down on some of the offensive plays they are dreadful!! I dont like this solari guy at all he needs to go!!!!

chief31
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Watching the first half of this game I was in disbelief that bowe didn't 1 reception and not 1 ball thrown his way... All he does is make plays and we're not going to give him a chance???? What is Solari doing and thinking??? Solari needs to go, his play calling is questionable and doesn't make any sense.. How about the fact that every game we get called for a stupid illegal shift. One of those negated a touchdown 2 weeks ago, whatever happened to ligning up on the line and hiking the ball.. Now we have to send two guys over to the left and then send someone in motion??? I dunno but seems a little too much. How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....

Well, first you say quit all the motion, then you suggest that we do what the offense had been doing for years. Well, all of the motion has been as big a part of the Chiefs offense as anything else. They just need to be executed properly.

Not trying to rip on you here, just pointing out the contradiction. If we just line-up and snap the ball, then our offense will be even more predictable and the opposing defense won't "show" as much.

Coach
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Gonzo did have an excellent game but why aren't we spreading the ball around?? Wheres bobby sippio?? Eddie Kennison was back today, only saw one ball thrown his way. I really dont think herm is the problem but he should put his foot down on some of the offensive plays they are dreadful!! I dont like this solari guy at all he needs to go!!!!

If we are going to bring in Croyle, then I say sit Kennison and let Sippio get some reps. Kennison is certainly ot the future of this franchise.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM
If we are going to bring in Croyle, then I say sit Kennison and let Sippio get some reps. Kennison is certainly ot the future of this franchise.

Croyle let's everyone get a chance at the ball. He is better at reading coverage I think, and he hasn't had near the amount of time in the NFL.

Love you Damon, but your time has come and gone.

McLovin
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
He reinjured the hammy, said he might be out for a while longer. Personally don't like to see him hurt but I have never liked Kennison, he is at best a third string receiver but on this team he was #1. Well now I feel he should be maybe 3 or even lower. D-Bowe 1st (if not first and second) Sippio 2nd then I would say go get someone new for #3 and lower. Maybe Webb but he hasn't shown me anything. And I will ask again, what is with this mancrush with Samie Parker and Kris Wilson. Both of them need to be bagging groceries, instead they get 90% of the balls thrown their way. If Herm is sandbagging for a draft pick you would think he would make it look a little more like they were trying to win.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 11:54 PM
He reinjured the hammy, said he might be out for a while longer. Personally don't like to see him hurt but I have never liked Kennison, he is at best a third string receiver but on this team he was #1. Well now I feel he should be maybe 3 or even lower. D-Bowe 1st (if not first and second) Sippio 2nd then I would say go get someone new for #3 and lower. Maybe Webb but he hasn't shown me anything. And I will ask again, what is with this mancrush with Samie Parker and Kris Wilson. Both of them need to be bagging groceries, instead they get 90% of the balls thrown their way. If Herm is sandbagging for a draft pick you would think he would make it look a little more like they were trying to win.

Bizzarely it appears that Sammie put up some of his best numbers ever today in our loss. I don't remember seeing him dropping a ball, but I was so p!issed at the time I can't remember.

Broyle will be throwing to Dbowe, TG, and LJ as soon as he gets in there and there will be a new Greatest Show on Turf in the state of Missouri!

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Bizzarely it appears that Sammie put up some of his best numbers ever today in our loss. I don't remember seeing him dropping a ball, but I was so p!issed at the time I can't remember.

Broyle will be throwing to Dbowe, TG, and LJ as soon as he gets in there and there will be a new Greatest Show on Turf in the state of Missouri!

I hope you are right HH!

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:37 AM

It is my opinion that Kennison has been under-rated. I have been hearing ( and, admittedly, using) The concept that he should be a number three reciever, for years. While he isn't Chad Johnson, nor Steve Smith, he a whole lot better than any has ever given him credit for. He runs great routes, he catches the easy balls and he catches the difficult ones too. He puts alot of effort into his blocking and is an overall hard worker.

On alot of teams he may be a number three reciever. Indy, Cincy, 'Zona and perhaps a couple more. But I would rank him over guys like Keenan McCardell, Terry Glenn, Amani Toomer and a whole bunch of others.

Let me add to that, that he is old now, and certainly not as good as he has been. But, usually when he is attacked, it is a "for years" kind of attack. Therefore, I am defending what he has been for us, more than what he is for us.

There are alot of teams that would have been starting him as their number one reciever. And he likely would have had much better numbers, without Tony Gonzales getting so much attention.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:40 AM
It is my opinion that Kennison has been under-rated. I have been hearing ( and, admittedly, using) The concept that he should be a number three reciever, for years. While he isn't Chad Johnson, nor Steve Smith, he a whole lot better than any has ever given him credit for. He runs great routes, he catches the easy balls and he catches the difficult ones too. He puts alot of effort into his blocking and is an overall hard worker.

On alot of teams he may be a number three reciever. Indy, Cincy, 'Zona and perhaps a couple more. But I would rank him over guys like Keenan McCardell, Terry Glenn, Amani Toomer and a whole bunch of others.

Let me add to that, that he is old now, and certainly not as good as he has been. But, usually when he is attacked, it is a "for years" kind of attack. Therefore, I am defending what he has been for us, more than what he is for us.

There are alot of teams that would have been starting him as their number one reciever. And he likely would have had much better numbers, without Tony Gonzales getting so much attention.

Agreed, Kennison has done everything that we have asked him to do for us.

garciakcfan
10-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, first you say quit all the motion, then you suggest that we do what the offense had been doing for years. Well, all of the motion has been as big a part of the Chiefs offense as anything else. They just need to be executed properly.

Not trying to rip on you here, just pointing out the contradiction. If we just line-up and snap the ball, then our offense will be even more predictable and the opposing defense won't "show" as much.

Well, first of all its formation shifts not motions that i have a problem with.. Did you watch Indy play?? Those guys line up and snap the ball none of this formation shift crap, I havent seen damon make one audible all year yet!!!!! And how would it be more predictable??? Spreading the ball around doesnt mean pass all day it means keep the defense off balance by letting more than D Bowe, who I love as a receiver, and Tony touch the ball. I dunno, when they won those two games parker was involved as well as webb.. If they're good enough to make an NFL team they should be good enough to catch the ball???? And I agree with LJ football is a game of checkers not chess, It's a matter of imposing your will and not letting the other team control what you do.

sling58
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, first of all its formation shifts not motions that i have a problem with.. Did you watch Indy play?? Those guys line up and snap the ball none of this formation shift crap, I havent seen damon make one audible all year yet!!!!! And how would it be more predictable??? Spreading the ball around doesnt mean pass all day it means keep the defense off balance by letting more than D Bowe, who I love as a receiver, and Tony touch the ball. I dunno, when they won those two games parker was involved as well as webb.. If they're good enough to make an NFL team they should be good enough to catch the ball???? And I agree with LJ football is a game of checkers not chess, It's a matter of imposing your will and not letting the other team control what you do.

Which he is letting happen!

chief31
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM

The Chiefs don't have Peyton Manning, and that team makes more changes at the line of scrimmage than any team that I have ever seen. Maybe we can get Manning in a trade, then he can do all the things that you think Huard should be doing. I'm not sure if Damon is allowed to audible, or not. I would have to doubt it.

LJ doesn't know much about football. He is a runningback. He just runs where he is supposed to. Well, maybe he's right. JFL football is closer to checkers, than chess, but professional football is more complicated than chess. Chess takes one person, playing against another. Professional football reqires a team of 53 players, a dozen, or so, coaches and an entire organization. Looking for tendancies and advantages is more complicated than anything LJ has ever wrapped his mind around. And none of it is guaranteed. Larry Johnson isn't an NFL coordinator and doesn't know how the job is done.

The fact remains that all of the shifts and motions were a staple of the Chiefs offense, when it was one of the most proficient in the league, and has countless advantages, if the coordinator and quarterback know what they are looking for. ( Not saying that I think our current QB and OC do know what they are using it for.)

I just find it funny that you can complain about not doing one thing that the Chiefs did well, under Vermiel, then complain that they have continued to something, that they did well, under Vermiel.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Agreed; we need a real offensive coordinator, not an offensive line coach posing as one.

garciakcfan
10-09-2007, 12:39 AM
The Chiefs don't have Peyton Manning, and that team makes more changes at the line of scrimmage than any team that I have ever seen. Maybe we can get Manning in a trade, then he can do all the things that you think Huard should be doing. I'm not sure if Damon is allowed to audible, or not. I would have to doubt it.

LJ doesn't know much about football. He is a runningback. He just runs where he is supposed to. Well, maybe he's right. JFL football is closer to checkers, than chess, but professional football is more complicated than chess. Chess takes one person, playing against another. Professional football reqires a team of 53 players, a dozen, or so, coaches and an entire organization. Looking for tendancies and advantages is more complicated than anything LJ has ever wrapped his mind around. And none of it is guaranteed. Larry Johnson isn't an NFL coordinator and doesn't know how the job is done.

The fact remains that all of the shifts and motions were a staple of the Chiefs offense, when it was one of the most proficient in the league, and has countless advantages, if the coordinator and quarterback know what they are looking for. ( Not saying that I think our current QB and OC do know what they are using it for.)

I just find it funny that you can complain about not doing one thing that the Chiefs did well, under Vermiel, then complain that they have continued to something, that they did well, under Vermiel.

Points taken but as for the Vermeil thing I haven't mentioned him once!!!!! So why do you keep saying im contradicting myself??? Are you understanding what im writing or are you living up to your nickname "God of B.S." and just trying to start an arguement?? My original post I stated that Bowe needed more touches he was non-existant in the first half and I was dumbfounded as to why. I've watched everygame this year and have questioned some of the play calling that Solari has called. You know what the problem is, it shouldnt be a game of chess if you think it is. It's easy one team wants to score and the other team tries to stop them and vice versa its not a hard thing but the way the NFl has changed over the years they've made it complicated. Thats what was so great about high school football and pop-warner, football in its smiplist form, and like I said "opposing your will" and to say LJ isn't a coach, sure, I agree with that but that man has seen enough football to understand it, his father is a coach remember?? I just think with the talent and how young our players are we should keep it simple and I've seen them make mistakes when they start shifting. So why do it?? Geez..... And if you listened to the comments and understood the analogy maybe you would understand what he was talking about??? BTW Herm is the coach now not vermeil and its not even close to being the same team FYI I dont wanna see any of Vermeils type of play involved with our team

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Go Priest!!!

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Go Priest!!!

Post whore! :bananen_smilies046:

Your skills are much improved! :D

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Post whore! :bananen_smilies046:

Your skills are much improved! :D

I try to reserve the post-whoring for when I'm really motivated to get a point across.

GO PRIEST!!!
SAUN-DERS!!!
MAR-TY!!! (or)
COW-HER!!!
Some-body, PLEASE save the Chiefs!!!

McLovin
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
I try to reserve the post-whoring for when I'm really motivated to get a point across.

GO PRIEST!!!
SAUN-DERS!!!
MAR-TY!!! (or)
COW-HER!!!

You lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Marty. I am sorry but I can no longer take into consideration anything you say. And dude I want Priest back in also but what is all this buzz when before everyone was saying it was a trick just to get Johnson back on the field.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 12:58 AM
You lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Marty. I am sorry but I can no longer take into consideration anything you say. And dude I want Priest back in also but what is all this buzz when before everyone was saying it was a trick just to get Johnson back on the field.

I have supported Priest the whole time, search my posts before you start doubting my faith. I wear a Priest jersey every home game. Screw LJ and his damn contract! I've wanted to see Priest on the field ever since he got hurt. I've tried to support LJ but he sux.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 01:31 AM
I have supported Priest the whole time, search my posts before you start doubting my faith. I wear a Priest jersey every home game. Screw LJ and his damn contract! I've wanted to see Priest on the field ever since he got hurt. I've tried to support LJ but he sux.
On the Priest thing I wasnt callin ya out cause I had no knowledge. That was more of a general thing, most everyone was talking bout how Priest was a CP ploy to get LJ to sign. I am not even sure bout the talk about that on this board as I wasn't even a member of this board at the time. What I do feel is you have no clue on who LJ is. I get so tired of hearing we need to get rid of LJ.

Without LJ all the attention would be on TG and now Bowe. Even the Jags said they came into this game with a single focus to stop LJ. If he was as bad as a lot of you say then why is the whole league focused on him. Trade him see if TG or Bowe catches another ball. Hard to catch with 3 people on you.

Also even if Priest comes back this year teams wont have to prepare for him coming to town till at least next year. But man I hope he proves me wrong.

Now the Marty thing.... that is unforgivable. In fact I wont even argue with you on that because there is no counter argument Martyball is Dead and needs to stay that way.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:56 AM
On the Priest thing I wasnt callin ya out cause I had no knowledge. That was more of a general thing, most everyone was talking bout how Priest was a CP ploy to get LJ to sign. I am not even sure bout the talk about that on this board as I wasn't even a member of this board at the time. What I do feel is you have no clue on who LJ is. I get so tired of hearing we need to get rid of LJ.

Without LJ all the attention would be on TG and now Bowe. Even the Jags said they came into this game with a single focus to stop LJ. If he was as bad as a lot of you say then why is the whole league focused on him. Trade him see if TG or Bowe catches another ball. Hard to catch with 3 people on you.

Also even if Priest comes back this year teams wont have to prepare for him coming to town till at least next year. But man I hope he proves me wrong.

Now the Marty thing.... that is unforgivable. In fact I wont even argue with you on that because there is no counter argument Martyball is Dead and needs to stay that way.

Right on. I can accept that. I was more crackin on Norv Turner with that line. (That's why I put in the Bill Cowher clause.):lol:

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:15 AM

GO PRIEST!!!
SAUN-DERS!!!
MAR-TY!!! (or)
COW-HER!!!

Hermieball is da debil!

sling58
10-09-2007, 12:23 PM

we need a saviour

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
we need a saviour

We need an "O" line.

Pro_Angler
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM
amen, amen, amen.

we started the game like we should have played the whole frikin day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know what is up with the play calling.
our D played well enough to win the game but once again the offence was nowhere's to be found. its getting old.

chief31
10-09-2007, 06:49 PM

Points taken but as for the Vermeil thing I haven't mentioned him once!!!!!

"How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. "

So why do you keep saying im contradicting myself??? Are you understanding what im writing or are you living up to your nickname "God of B.S." and just trying to start an arguement??

Point is that you say we should do more draws, because it was the "bread and butter" during that era, then complain about keeping another big part the offense from that era. Sorry for being so agrressive. Everything has been a bit intense around here this week.

My original post I stated that Bowe needed more touches he was non-existant in the first half and I was dumbfounded as to why. I've watched everygame this year and have questioned some of the play calling that Solari has called. You know what the problem is, it shouldnt be a game of chess if you think it is.

It has become a game of chess and if we try to avoid letting it be, then we will just become the Arizona Cardinals.

It's easy one team wants to score and the other team tries to stop them and vice versa its not a hard thing but the way the NFl has changed over the years they've made it complicated. Thats what was so great about high school football and pop-warner, football in its smiplist form, and like I said "opposing your will" and to say LJ isn't a coach, sure, I agree with that but that man has seen enough football to understand it, his father is a coach remember??

I just don't think that makes him an expert on an NFL coordinators job.

I just think with the talent and how young our players are we should keep it simple and I've seen them make mistakes when they start shifting. So why do it??

I have seen them make mistakes doing other things, but, somethings need to be done. They do it in an attempt to see what defenses are doing, before it gets done. I am not sure that Huard, nor Solari know what they are looking for, and if they don't, then parhaps they should not be doing it. I believe that Solari is needing any advantage that he can get, to understand why things are and aren't doing.

Geez..... And if you listened to the comments and understood the analogy maybe you would understand what he was talking about???

I know what he is trying to say, but the fact is that it most definitely isn't as simple as all that. Being an NFL offensive coordinator is extremely complicated.

BTW Herm is the coach now not vermeil and its not even close to being the same team FYI I dont wanna see any of Vermeils type of play involved with our team

Except for the draw hunh? Well, you are getting a team without offense, just like you want. What's to complain about?

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM

I too ahve tried to support LJ. Seeing his attitude I dont really like him that much. Id like ot see Priest come back and play for us again.

garciakcfan
10-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Chief31 I want a team without offense huh?? Thats why I said to throw the ball to Bowe more and questioned why this guy didnt see 1 ball thrown his way once in the first half. Every team has a draw play....So you would rather see us with the offense that vermeil has?? Thats fine but look where that got us. Tons of accolades with nothing to show for it. I would rather have herm ball(ball control offense) with a hit you in the mouth D. Remember that Dallas game like 4 or 5 years ago. Our defense couldnt stop Drew Bledsoe!!!!! and it was a great game with high scoring, but you know what?? We lost!!!!!!!! I'm not from KC but I'm sure as hell am a fan and watch everygame and go to kcchiefs.com everyday and have been following them ever since I started to understand football. I will support them no matter what!!!! Believe me I live in Buffalo where the fans abandon ship every year and do nothing but talk trash when times are bad which is every year since like 98

hermhater
10-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Chief31 I want a team without offense huh?? Thats why I said to throw the ball to Bowe more and questioned why this guy didnt see 1 ball thrown his way once in the first half. Every team has a draw play....So you would rather see us with the offense that vermeil has?? Thats fine but look where that got us. Tons of accolades with nothing to show for it. I would rather have herm ball(ball control offense) with a hit you in the mouth D. Remember that Dallas game like 4 or 5 years ago. Our defense couldnt stop Drew Bledsoe!!!!! and it was a great game with high scoring, but you know what?? We lost!!!!!!!! I'm not from KC but I'm sure as hell am a fan and watch everygame and go to kcchiefs.com everyday and have been following them ever since I started to understand football. I will support them no matter what!!!! Believe me I live in Buffalo where the fans abandon ship every year and do nothing but talk trash when times are bad which is every year since like 98

If you are from there and you are a Chiefs fan good for you!

I would like to have an oppressive defense, with a dominating offense.

That is what the Chiefs need to be.

I don't even want to be second in any offensive category (besides int's and fumbles lost), first in all!

I want our defense to smother the opponents offense and treat them like girlscouts trying to sell cookies, and kick them out of the stadium without buying the cr@p that they are selling!

That said thanks for being a Chiefs fan, but without an offense this team is boring and going downhill.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 01:37 AM

I don't even want to be second in any offensive category (besides int's and fumbles lost), first in all!

I want our defense to smother the opponents offense and treat them like girlscouts trying to sell cookies, and kick them out of the stadium without buying the cr@p that they are selling!

That said thanks for being a Chiefs fan, but without an offense this team is boring and going downhill.

sad but true... a lot of us have seen it before.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:06 AM
sad but true... a lot of us have seen it before.

Yup!..

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Even if we had a balance between the 2 we would be doing better than we are right now. Dont get me wrong I like the D we have theyre great and thats why we were able to win some games and had a chance to win others. Alot better than seeing us give up 35 points a game and have to score 40 to win. We have reversed the gameplan here, from great O and no D to great D and no O. We need to find a balance between the 2 so we can score points and stop other teams from scoring.

chief31
10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Chief31 I want a team without offense huh?? Thats why I said to throw the ball to Bowe more and questioned why this guy didnt see 1 ball thrown his way once in the first half. Every team has a draw play....So you would rather see us with the offense that vermeil has??

Yes. Constricting defense and a high-powered offense.

Thats fine but look where that got us. Tons of accolades with nothing to show for it. I would rather have herm ball(ball control offense) with a hit you in the mouth D.

No need to score then? This has been said by alot of folks, and I will never get it. The Vermiel offense was always dominant in TOP ( That is as "Ball-control" as an offense gets.)and they managed to put points up too. I don't want a great defense and a weak offense. I don't want a great offense and a weak defense. I want a great offense and a great defense. Vermiel supplied the great offense and Herm appears to be supplying a very good defense. But, in case you missed it, the Herm offense that you want has been pretty ugly.

Remember that Dallas game like 4 or 5 years ago. Our defense couldnt stop Drew Bledsoe!!!!! and it was a great game with high scoring, but you know what?? We lost!!!!!!!! I'm not from KC but I'm sure as hell am a fan and watch everygame and go to kcchiefs.com everyday and have been following them ever since I started to understand football. I will support them no matter what!!!! Believe me I live in Buffalo where the fans abandon ship every year and do nothing but talk trash when times are bad which is every year since like 98

How about the first draw I've seen all year today.. Priests' and Larry's bread and butter when saunders was there.. Plain and simple this guy has to go.....

You said you don't want the Vermiel offesne and that you want the Herm offense, after having made this plea for a piece of the Vermiel offense.

By the way, the reason the draw was so effective then, is because opposing defenses had to respect the passing game the Chiefs brought. Until we can make them respect our passing game again, those draw plays are going to be alot less effective.

Again, sorry for jumping on your first post. I wasn't trying to be rude. But after an ugly loss, chiefs forums can get a bit jumpy. That, and I love debate.

garciakcfan
10-11-2007, 12:51 AM
No hard feelings at all I enjoy a good debate as well!!! Just remember that defense wins championships. And think about those baltimore ravens a few years ago with Trent Dilfer as there QB!!! At the end of the day we're still chiefs fans...

sling58
10-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Until LJ scores a few TD's I consider him a bust this year.

chief31
10-11-2007, 09:01 AM
No hard feelings at all I enjoy a good debate as well!!! Just remember that defense wins championships. And think about those baltimore ravens a few years ago with Trent Dilfer as there QB!!! At the end of the day we're still chiefs fans...

I think the saying is much more applicable to baseball and basketball. I prefer to think about the Patriots and how they do it on both sides of the ball. The Ravens were a fluke, while the Pats came back, to prove it.

When I think of teams that were able to dominate and prove it, most of those teams were at least very good, on both sides of the ball. Patriots, Broncos, Packers and Niners, being the bunch, within the past twenty years.

But, most assuredly agreed on this, GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

sling58
10-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I think the saying is much more applicable to baseball and basketball. I prefer to think about the Patriots and how they do it on both sides of the ball. The Ravens were a fluke, while the Pats came back, to prove it.

When I think of teams that were able to dominate and prove it, most of those teams were at least very good, on both sides of the ball. Patriots, Broncos, Packers and Niners, being the bunch, within the past twenty years.

But, most assuredly agreed on this, GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

I can and will agree with this statement any day.