PDA

View Full Version : How about the same old thread....START CROYLE!

wolfpack
10-07-2007, 04:13 PM
yea ,yea i know its a repeating theme but how many do we have to lose before it happens. maybe this next game. if we are going to get beat the the kid learn. ine thing for sure, it cant get any worse.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
If he is the future, let him prove it.

bigpoppachief
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Like i said in another thread I want to see Croyle and bowe and why not in a year that we are having so much trouble why not let the future of our team start getting insync with each other ? Also I say start using Sippio more as well I mean we know the guy can catch so let's see him gett eh chance on the field can you imagine in the next couple years the chiefs being known for passing the ball ? sounds crazy but i can see it happeneing ! Look over the game and when we passed we moved the ball you know sometimes you got to pass to set up the run. But anyways what do I know Go Chiefs ! But we got liek 4 more straight at home !

luv
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
yea ,yea i know its a repeating theme but how many do we have to lose before it happens. maybe this next game. if we are going to get beat the the kid learn. ine thing for sure, it cant get any worse.
Can't get any worse? We're 2-3. It could be a lot worse. Not even halfway through the season, and you're counting us out. Would we be singing the same tune if we had won today?

I was glad to see Croyle come in. I'm supporting Huard while he's our starter, but I will always be happy to see Croyle fet play time.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot believe it or not with this record...

At the end of the day Oakland will probably be in first place by half a game!

This division is becoming a bad joke in the NFL.

Three7s
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
This division really is the joke of the NFL. There's a good chance the division winner may be just 8-8. The Chargers may be getting back into their old form though, they're beating the crap out of the Donks. Really though, I'm not nearly as high and mighty about this season as I was before this game. The Jags exposed some MAJOR weaknesses on our team. We stink against the run. Teams have run the ball on us all year, but they never continued running, so it wasn't a big deal, it is now. Our running game is, obviously, awful. You can't win if you can't run the ball. Period. Granted, our schedule does lighten up, but I see 8-8 for us, at best, if we play like we did today for the whole season.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
This division really is the joke of the NFL. There's a good chance the division winner may be just 8-8. The Chargers may be getting back into their old form though, they're beating the crap out of the Donks. Really though, I'm not nearly as high and mighty about this season as I was before this game. The Jags exposed some MAJOR weaknesses on our team. We stink against the run. Teams have run the ball on us all year, but they never continued running, so it wasn't a big deal, it is now. Our running game is, obviously, awful. You can't win if you can't run the ball. Period. Granted, our schedule does lighten up, but I see 8-8 for us, at best, if we play like we did today for the whole season.

Things are gonna change, man. I can feel it.

Even a blockhead like Herm has to see this isn't working.

In his post game comments, he kept saying he didn't want to criticize any of the guys, because just like all of us he was on the sidelines watching.

He has to watch the tapes first.

It was pretty obvious to me that when you are down 3 scores and the other team has had a bunch of drives that takes time off of the clock, you go for it on 4th and 2 if there is only 6 minutes left.

Don't need to watch a tape to figure that out.

Guru
10-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Things are gonna change, man. I can feel it.

Even a blockhead like Herm has to see this isn't working.

In his post game comments, he kept saying he didn't want to criticize any of the guys, because just like all of us he was on the sidelines watching.

He has to watch the tapes first.

It was pretty obvious to me that when you are down 3 scores and the other team has had a bunch of drives that takes time off of the clock, you go for it on 4th and 2 if there is only 6 minutes left.

Don't need to watch a tape to figure that out.

Wait a minute....

You said Herm and change in the same sentence. Sorry bud but that is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

hermhater
10-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Wait a minute....

You said Herm and change in the same sentence. Sorry bud but that is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Good call, but a guy can dream, can't he?

:sign0153: :toast2: :yahoo:

Guru
10-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Good call, but a guy can dream, can't he?

:sign0153: :toast2: :yahoo:

Hell, that is all we have. :D

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I think Huard will be out next week and Brodie will start. Let's see what the gunslinger can do. Deep pass to DBowe?

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Good Lord people! Huard was the ONLY thing our offense had going for them yesterday. This Croyle stuff is nonsense. Huard played actually pretty well and the play-calling was what everybody has been calling for all year. We tried to pass all over the field! You could argue that Gonzo was the only thing we had on offense but the QB still has to get the ball to him. NEWSFLASH: Huard and the passing game would have put us in position to win if we had anything going at all on the run game. We have half an offense right now. THE RUN GAME IS THE PROBLEM NOT HUARD... damn

Three7s
10-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Good Lord people! Huard was the ONLY thing our offense had going for them yesterday. This Croyle stuff is nonsense. Huard played actually pretty well and the play-calling was what everybody has been calling for all year. We tried to pass all over the field! You could argue that Gonzo was the only thing we had on offense but the QB still has to get the ball to him. NEWSFLASH: Huard and the passing game would have put us in position to win if we had anything going at all on the run game. We have half an offense right now. THE RUN GAME IS THE PROBLEM NOT HUARD... damn
My only beef with Huard is that he holds onto the ball too long, he took two sacks today because of it, just throw it away!

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Agreed, I just hope he stays healthy, if not then Croyle will gain some much needed experience, but this season will only get longer I fear.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Agreed, I just hope he stays healthy, if not then Croyle will gain some much needed experience, but this season will only get longer I fear.

I agree. I'll still cheer the kid on though.

tammietailgator
10-09-2007, 01:24 AM
I do hope Huard gets healthy and can do something for this team. I also like broyle (as hermhater puts it) because at his age he IS our future, dont wanna wait till he's old to start playing him.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:26 AM
I do hope Huard gets healthy and can do something for this team. I also like broyle (as hermhater puts it) because at his age he IS our future, dont wanna wait till he's old to start playing him.

yeah. If Huard's hurt, it's fate. It's meant to be.

GO BRODIE!!! Throw all the picks you want, just don't get killed, bro!

tammietailgator
10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
yeah. If Huard's hurt, it's fate. It's meant to be.

GO BRODIE!!! Throw all the picks you want, just don't get killed, bro!
Your right.... whoever our QB is, needs protection or we could lose them one way or another.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Your right.... whoever our QB is, needs protection or we could lose them one way or another.

Go Chiefs!!!

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Me too! :yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
and all this time ppl were wondering damn when do we need to put in brodie to get some games under his belt.... well heres his chance

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:04 PM
and all this time ppl were wondering damn when do we need to put in brodie to get some games under his belt.... well heres his chance

Yup!:drunkhb:

sling58
10-09-2007, 12:13 PM

I'll cheer whoever on at QB

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll cheer whoever on at QB

Same here; the thing that concerns me is keeping whoever is in at the QB position healthy.

swmochiefsfan
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Ooooooooohh, I love this topic. Put him in, get experience, learn the game, be free Brodie just watch your back with this line.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Ooooooooohh, I love this topic. Put him in, get experience, learn the game, be free Brodie just watch your back with this line.

Watch your back, front, left and right sides.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I just heard on the radio that Damon is still starting.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I just heard on the radio that Damon is still starting.

Allrighty then...

Guess this thread is moot.

Well let's just see what happens. Gonna go and watch HERMS press conference now.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Lets start who gives us hte best chance to win. In this case I think Huard gives us hte best chace. Next year will be time for Coryle.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Lets start who gives us hte best chance to win. In this case I think Huard gives us hte best chace. Next year will be time for Coryle.
And then next year well Croyle doesnt have any experience so we better start Huard, then when the unfortunate our season is going good Huard is hurt then we have to start Croyle regardless. This is what Favre is doing in Green Bay good or bad he is the starter and the star they drafted is rotting on the bench. All of this and Huard is absolutely not Favre.

for ever red
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
It is time to play the kid, We can not win with the people we have playing now anyway,and if he can make it with the line he has now Damn he should be GREAT with a little help.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
It doesn't look like we will see Broyle this week, because Huard's MRI came back negative and he is just sore.

He will practice throwing the ball tomorrow and Herm will see how he does.

I personally still think the hit he took was not that hard, and he was using it as a cop out to get out of the game.

Either that or the guy just can't play through pain.

Either way Huard is old, and busted and just barely able to manage the game.

Not destroying the game with interceptions is his best ability.

I want a QB that is dominant and controls the game, not just manages not to lose it.

Don't know if Broyle is that guy or not but we won't know until we get to evaluate his play against some opponents in a real NFL situation.

stlchief
10-09-2007, 11:28 PM
And then next year well Croyle doesnt have any experience so we better start Huard, then when the unfortunate our season is going good Huard is hurt then we have to start Croyle regardless. This is what Favre is doing in Green Bay good or bad he is the starter and the star they drafted is rotting on the bench. All of this and Huard is absolutely not Favre.

This is classic: GB is 4-1 and leads their division. The "star" is not rotting, just as Cryole is not rotting. Their coaches put the guy on the field to give them the best chance to win today.

If Croyle were out there "not-rotting", he would have at least a few more stupid interceptions we will have to live thru as part of his maturation process.

Someone else said Huard holds the ball too long. Guess what? Croyle doesn't have that problem. His problem is in pre-season, he threw an interception every other drive because he wasn't holding the ball.

I stand by what I said all off-season: Let Huard start, give him half a season. If we're in the play-off hunt at mid-season, let Croyle wait another year. If we're out of it, bring him in. If we're out of the play-off hunt before mid-season, by all means, bring him in sooner.

And to everyone that says Croyle is the QB of the future, I would suggest to modify that to "may be the QB of the future".

Only time will tell if Croyle's bad decisions on the field will eventually go away.

As it is, we're a half game out of first. We're undefeated in the division. The defense is still top 10 caliber (an offense that keeps them off of the field will help those numbers even more). And we still have 6 home games left.

GO CHIEFS!

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
This is classic: GB is 4-1 and leads their division. The "star" is not rotting, just as Cryole is not rotting. Their coaches put the guy on the field to give them the best chance to win today.

If Croyle were out there "not-rotting", he would have at least a few more stupid interceptions we will have to live thru as part of his maturation process.

Someone else said Huard holds the ball too long. Guess what? Croyle doesn't have that problem. His problem is in pre-season, he threw an interception every other drive because he wasn't holding the ball.

I stand by what I said all off-season: Let Huard start, give him half a season. If we're in the play-off hunt at mid-season, let Croyle wait another year. If we're out of it, bring him in. If we're out of the play-off hunt before mid-season, by all means, bring him in sooner.

And to everyone that says Croyle is the QB of the future, I would suggest to modify that to "may be the QB of the future".

Only time will tell if Croyle's bad decisions on the field will eventually go away.

As it is, we're a half game out of first. We're undefeated in the division. The defense is still top 10 caliber (an offense that keeps them off of the field will help those numbers even more). And we still have 6 home games left.

GO CHIEFS!

i agree with this 100%. although i want BRODY NOW...i know that what you said is the smartest way of handling it. Put brody in if we are out of the playoff hunt....or if huard starts throwing interceptions or is extremely unproductive.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
It doesn't look like we will see Broyle this week, because Huard's MRI came back negative and he is just sore.

I personally still think the hit he took was not that hard, and he was using it as a cop out to get out of the game.

I want a QB that is dominant and controls the game, not just manages not to lose it.

Don't know if Broyle is that guy or not but we won't know until we get to evaluate his play against some opponents in a real NFL situation.

On the other hand, Brodie has been known to be injury prone himself; not disagreeing with you, just throwing out another point of view.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
On the other hand, Brodie has been known to be injury prone himself; not disagreeing with you, just throwing out another point of view.

yes, if you look at his high school, college career...you could say that. but things sort of start over eventually. he is young, so he heals faster. it is all new. the past doesnt always tell the future. He could go 5 years without being injured, who knows. i dont think brodys "proneness to being injured" is an issue right now. I think we are making it an issue out of nothing.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 11:57 PM

At the beginning of the season (before we even started) I was ready for Broyle.

I stated that I think Huard got hosed last year after performing well and then being pulled.

I just wasn't ready to pin my hopes on him.

After hearing from all of you on this site I changed my mind and decided to go with him.

Now that we are under .500 and still in second place, I am ready to go with Broyle and take my chances.

Interceptions, proclivity for injury, youth, poor decision making, were all excellent reasons to go with Huard.

If we are going ahead with the youth movement on the rest of the team, then lets go ahead and do it with Broyle.

If he stinks we will know by next year and be able to get a new on through FA or the draft.

I feel that it is so necessary to find out what we have with this guy.

He looks like he could be a superstar, or he could be a total Blackledge.

Either way it is about time to take some risks, because what we are doing is not going so great.

It is absolutely unfathomable to me that we are only half a game out of first right now in this division.

Let's roll the dice and take our chances. It doesn't look like our O line is getting any better, and without being able to get anybody else through a trade, it looks like we are gonna need someone who can get out of the pocket and make a play just happen.

I think the best chance for this lies at Broyles feet.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:06 AM
yes, if you look at his high school, college career...you could say that. but things sort of start over eventually. he is young, so he heals faster. it is all new. the past doesnt always tell the future. He could go 5 years without being injured, who knows. i dont think brodys "proneness to being injured" is an issue right now. I think we are making it an issue out of nothing.

At the beginning of the season (before we even started) I was ready for Broyle.

I stated that I think Huard got hosed last year after performing well and then being pulled.

I just wasn't ready to pin my hopes on him.

After hearing from all of you on this site I changed my mind and decided to go with him.

Now that we are under .500 and still in second place, I am ready to go with Broyle and take my chances.

Interceptions, proclivity for injury, youth, poor decision making, were all excellent reasons to go with Huard.

If we are going ahead with the youth movement on the rest of the team, then lets go ahead and do it with Broyle.

If he stinks we will know by next year and be able to get a new on through FA or the draft.

I feel that it is so necessary to find out what we have with this guy.

He looks like he could be a superstar, or he could be a total Blackledge.

Either way it is about time to take some risks, because what we are doing is not going so great.

It is absolutely unfathomable to me that we are only half a game out of first right now in this division.

Let's roll the dice and take our chances. It doesn't look like our O line is getting any better, and without being able to get anybody else through a trade, it looks like we are gonna need someone who can get out of the pocket and make a play just happen.

I think the best chance for this lies at Broyles feet.

All good points; not sure it's gonna matter who we start at QB though; for reasons that have been stated and restated repeatedly.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 02:18 AM

Priest at QB, LJ at HB...run the option offense?! j/k:D :D

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Priest at QB, LJ at HB...run the option offense?! j/k:D :D

I can hear Mitch Holtus now...

"Option right... pitch to Chris Wilson, he is stopped beyond the line!"

:lol:

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Damon's my guy until we can start pointing losses at him... We need PRIEST dammit! He can get outside faster than LJ and put more punishment on CB's. Then, we can beat the CB's up with physical receivers in the second half...

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Damon's my guy until we can start pointing losses at him... We need PRIEST dammit! He can get outside faster than LJ and put more punishment on CB's. Then, we can beat the CB's up with physical receivers in the second half...

I'm all for that, if Priest can do it!

The O line is letting people get to the ball before handoff though...

Damon can't get the ball to the RB quick enough, the O line is being dominated, and you want another injury to Priest?

I don't think Priest will help us here.

The only solution to a bad O line, in my opinion, is a QB that can scramble.

Damon cannot do that. We don't know if Broyle can yet.

That is the talent we have right now.

If he is not talent then prove it to me.

I love predictions, but I am better at seeing a persons talent and judging them than I am at predicting their behavior.

Huard has learned a lot (he backed up who?) but is old and we need a fast offense to go with the fast defense we have.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm all for that, if Priest can do it!

The O line is letting people get to the ball before handoff though...

Damon can't get the ball to the RB quick enough, the O line is being dominated, and you want another injury to Priest?

I don't think Priest will help us here.

The only solution to a bad O line, in my opinion, is a QB that can scramble.

Damon cannot do that. We don't know if Broyle can yet.

That is the talent we have right now.

If he is not talent then prove it to me.

I love predictions, but I am better at seeing a persons talent and judging them than I am at predicting their behavior.

Huard has learned a lot (he backed up who?) but is old and we need a fast offense to go with the fast defense we have.

DUDE, I absolutely GUARAN-effing-TEE you that Priest will run harder than LJ has thus far...

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:42 AM
DUDE, I absolutely GUARAN-effing-TEE you that Priest will run harder than LJ has thus far...

I bet Priest could outrun LJ too.

How does he get the QB to get the ball to him quicker?

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:43 AM
I bet Priest could outrun LJ too.

How does he get the QB to get the ball to him quicker?

Direct-snap.

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Direct-snap.

With Herm?

He doesn't know how to use misdirection.

That would be a dream though!

Guru
10-10-2007, 02:49 AM
With Herm?

Why does that sound like an oxymoron?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:50 AM
With Herm?

Herm have originality???? Never.

Nite Crowd! :D

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:51 AM
I was joking.. Priest would be better for sweeps, pitches, screens and cutbacks (aka - trick plays) we should still run LJ between the tackles.

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Herm have originality???? Never.

Nite Crowd! :D

Why do you always take so long to say goodnight?

:sign0098::beer::toast2::lol:

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Why do you always take so long to say goodnight?

:sign0098::beer::toast2::lol:

It's a process. :D

chief31
10-10-2007, 09:43 AM

Wouldn't you believe that Croyle would get another lop-sided competition, next preseason? Huard isn't Favre and is much more likely to become injured. Croyle will get a chance.

It is time to play the kid, We can not win with the people we have playing now anyway,and if he can make it with the line he has now Damn he should be GREAT with a little help.

And if he gets crushed by the passrush? Then we may never find out if he could have been. Huard has been taking a pounding, Croyle would get more of the same.

It looked alot harder than the hit Priest took, that put him out of football for almost two years. And it was his throwing shoulder.

He's been doing that all season. This is pure bias. So you wanted the guy to play through pain in his throwing shoulder? Well, then at least you would have something legitimate to point at for a reason why he should get benched. Maybe I'm wrong, but weren't you the person who made a statement to the effect of "he shouldn't be playing if he is hurt." during the previous game, against the Chargers?

I understand that you are desperate to see Croyle. I would like to find out what he has too. But not at the cost of our whole season. Being just half a game out of first place, with a divisional road win and no divisional losses, I think if Huard is really healthy enough to play, then we continue to attempt to win.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Wouldn't you believe that Croyle would get another lop-sided competition, next preseason? Huard isn't Favre and is much more likely to become injured. Croyle will get a chance.

And if he gets crushed by the passrush? Then we may never find out if he could have been. Huard has been taking a pounding, Croyle would get more of the same.

I understand that you are desperate to see Croyle. I would like to find out what he has too. But not at the cost of our whole season. Being just half a game out of first place, with a divisional road win and no divisional losses, I think if Huard is really healthy enough to play, then we continue to attempt to win.

Something to be said for this I think.

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
"continue to attempt to win" boy is that a understatement

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:29 AM

It's about all we can do at this point and with our current "O" line.

chief31
10-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Well, I feel that "rolling the dice" by pulling a decent starter, for an unknown commodity, is like throwing your paycheck down, on a bunch of lottery tickets. It shows desperation, at a time where it isn't quite called-for yet.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Well, I feel that "rolling the dice" by pulling a decent starter, for an unknown commodity, is like throwing your paycheck down, on a bunch of lottery tickets. It shows desperation, at a time where it isn't quite called-for yet.

Good point!

swmochiefsfan
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Sad but true, and as for Brodie, Huard couldn't score to save his life last week and Croyle goes in on 1 drive. To me there's all I need to know. Put him in and get to the future already.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Sad but true, and as for Brodie, Huard couldn't score to save his life last week and Croyle goes in on 1 drive. To me there's all I need to know. Put him in and get to the future already.

Again, apples and oranges; Brodie did what he did against different defensive personnel then what Damon faced, and against a prevent defense.

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
if huard starts, we`ll see haurd for along time. this woulbe the perfect time to test brodie. hermmie could say haurd arm isnt 100% and start the kid. the arm would give hermmie a excuse. if the kid failed bad the next week say haurd`s arm is 100%

swmochiefsfan
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Again, apples and oranges; Brodie did what he did against different defensive personnel then what Damon faced, and against a prevent defense.
Agreed, but at least he had an era of confidence in what he was doing.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Agreed, but at least he had an era of confidence in what he was doing.

True, but would he have had the same confidence facing the defense that Huard faced? Admittedly a question that can only be answered in just one way, but can't be as long as Croyle displays what he is capable of playing against a defense that is not soft. He didn't fair too well in that regard in Preseason.

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM

The thing about that drive is the game was already over. Can you honestly tell me that Jax D was playing 100%? Parker was wide open in the endzone for that catch. He just stood there and let the ball fall into his hands. If Jax D was playing 100% they would of covered him better than they did. If Croyle was in the whole game I dont think he would of done any better than Huard. I dont want to see us get another loss because we play Brodie instead of Huard. Huard gives us the better chance to win right now. Brodie will be our guy next year.

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
if huard starts, we`ll see haurd for along time. this woulbe the perfect time to test brodie. hermmie could say haurd arm isnt 100% and start the kid. the arm would give hermmie a excuse. if the kid failed bad the next week say haurd`s arm is 100%
this might work.:lol:

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
The thing about that drive is the game was already over. Can you honestly tell me that Jax D was playing 100%? Parker was wide open in the endzone for that catch. He just stood there and let the ball fall into his hands. If Jax D was playing 100% they would of covered him better than they did. If Croyle was in the whole game I dont think he would of done any better than Huard. I dont want to see us get another loss because we play Brodie instead of Huard. Huard gives us the better chance to win right now. Brodie will be our guy next year.

I think the Jags wanted to shut us out at home.

Don't know how many starters they pulled (probably for fear of injury) but they were trying hard I'm sure, the players that were out there.

Broyle did good by me.

chief31
10-10-2007, 05:13 PM

Croyle had an extra down too. His game-ending drive Was less impressive than Huards opening drive, to me.

The Croyle group tends to see any little flaw in Huards game and harp on it. Whereas when he does something right, he is immediately discreditted.

He has thrown four touchdowns, so far and all I have herd about any of them, is that he was "saved" by his recievers, and that the first one was an accident, that just happened to get caught by the wrong guy.

A) Huard throws the ball to a spot where the reciever has a chance to catch the ball and the defender can't reach it. Just for clarification, that is what he is supposed to do.

B) I have seen the play many times and if you look for Huards intent, he is clearly looking at Bowe, just before he throws the ball. Not to mention, most of us seem to think that even had it been inteded for Gonzo, he would have caught the touchdown anyway.

I think it is great to be so excited about our young quarterback, but it isn't fair for folks to tear our starter a new one, becuse of that excitement.

We all know that he is under alot of physical pressure, yet we are calling him a sissy, who just wants to quit playing. Eventhough we have also been complaining about how banged-up he has looked.

He is dealing with an O-line that is struggling and, for the most part, a group of young, or just plain bad, recievers. And yet we are trying to condemn the guy.

He hasn't been fantastic, but he hasn't been bad. If he had a running game, do we believe that that might help?

Even when we beat the Chargers in San Diego, many held an undertone about him.

I would try to tell anyone to stop posting about it, but I will point-out blatant bias, when I hear it. And I am hearing alot of it.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Croyle had an extra down too. His game-ending drive Was less impressive than Huards opening drive, to me.

The Croyle group tends to see any little flaw in Huards game and harp on it. Whereas when he does something right, he is immediately discreditted.

He has thrown four touchdowns, so far and all I have herd about any of them, is that he was "saved" by his recievers, and that the first one was an accident, that just happened to get caught by the wrong guy.

A) Huard throws the ball to a spot where the reciever has a chance to catch the ball and the defender can't reach it. Just for clarification, that is what he is supposed to do.

B) I have seen the play many times and if you look for Huards intent, he is clearly looking at Bowe, just before he throws the ball. Not to mention, most of us seem to think that even had it been inteded for Gonzo, he would have caught the touchdown anyway.

I think it is great to be so excited about our young quarterback, but it isn't fair for folks to tear our starter a new one, becuse of that excitement.

We all know that he is under alot of physical pressure, yet we are calling him a sissy, who just wants to quit playing. Eventhough we have also been complaining about how banged-up he has looked.

He is dealing with an O-line that is struggling and, for the most part, a group of young, or just plain bad, recievers. And yet we are trying to condemn the guy.

He hasn't been fantastic, but he hasn't been bad. If he had a running game, do we believe that that might help?

Even when we beat the Chargers in San Diego, many held an undertone about him.

I would try to tell anyone to stop posting about it, but I will point-out blatant bias, when I hear it. And I am hearing alot of it.

I still maintain that I do not believe that Croyle would be fairing much, if any, better behind this "O" line; in fact there is evidence to suggest that he may actually do worse, although that cannot be determined for sure until he has to play a game behind them when he isn't facing a soft prevent defense.

mxpxHERO
11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
i thought id bring it back fellaz and ladiez. :bananen_smilies046:

for ever red
11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I`m ready, we cant even win at home PUT THE KID IN!

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I still maintain that I do not believe that Croyle would be fairing much, if any, better behind this "O" line; in fact there is evidence to suggest that he may actually do worse, although that cannot be determined for sure until he has to play a game behind them when he isn't facing a soft prevent defense.

umm, we are aware of the fact that we dont know if croyle will do great or do terrible.

in life, there are many great risks.

we are asking that herm at this point in the season takes a risk on croyle.

if he loses...so be it. we arent going to win the superbowl this year.

but if he wins, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is what you call a risk. no one is saying we know he will do good.

but at some point, you can't keep throwing huard in, thinking he is going to change into an amazing star like manning or that he is going to find the fountain of youth and give us 3 more years at the QB spot.

you gotta move on.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
umm, we are aware of the fact that we dont know if croyle will do great or do terrible.

in life, there are many great risks.

we are asking that herm at this point in the season takes a risk on croyle.

if he loses...so be it. we arent going to win the superbowl this year.

but if he wins, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is what you call a risk. no one is saying we know he will do good.

but at some point, you can't keep throwing huard in, thinking he is going to change into an amazing star like manning or that he is going to find the fountain of youth and give us 3 more years at the QB spot.

you gotta move on.

Did not even think I would be doing this anytime soon, but I agree with you on this post.

timsatt1
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Did not even think I would be doing this anytime soon, but I agree with you on this post.

actually bryonc, i read most of your posts, and i am pretty sure that we agree on almost everything except our opinions on LJ.

McLovin
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM
actually bryonc, i read most of your posts, and i am pretty sure that we agree on almost everything except our opinions on LJ.
Once again agreed lol, And really I do like Priest, I would love a 2 headed monster at running back, maybe if LJ is out this is the time for Priest to show he is ready then maybe when LJ comes back they can work on situational play.

Maybe get LJ to run up the middle, but without the ball, do this and let Priest come in behind him.

Maybe have LJ be more of a distraction for the D, then hand it to Priest for a finesse play. I think at this current time, LJ is the best running back on the team, but then there are situations that LJ isn't right for the play. If we could have both in at the same time so no one knew where the ball was going and then let the QB (whoever that may be) call the plays by what is seen out of the D (Herm if your watching it is called an audible) and hand off to the better back for the circumstance and the other block for him. Plus a passing game that I don't feel Huard can give us, where the D has to respect the deep ball downfield (DBo or maybe even Parker (he looked fair today) or Gonzo or Webb, so many options ) Wow what could this team do. Right now the D strategy is stop LJ and sack the immobile old man.

I am really trying hard to find the silver lining with LJ out, the only lining I can think of is if you take away the Huard safety blanket (LJ) then maybe Hermie will see that now he needs a passer.

Croyle era starts today? never know.