PDA

View Full Version : Bring in Croyle

greg3564
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, first time poster, life long fan!

I hope they finally start Croyle and bench Huard. Hurad has no mobilty what so ever. The pocket collapses and he gets sacked because he can't run. I think if they would have started Croyle in the third we could have won the game. The kid can throw! Plus he has the ability to scramble and keep a defense honest. With Huard the defense knows he won't scramble and they just close the pocket on him.

As for Johnson and his poor running. Some of the blame lies on the line, but at the same time he's trying to be too fancy and juke and jive, instead of powering up the field. It would help if Grisby was active. After seeing him on defense and HBO Training Camp, the guy can hit. It will be interesting to see what happens when Priest is active soon.

Dwayne Bowe. What else is there to say? The guy's the future of the WR.

And why did the Chiefs sign Kyle Turley again? The guy sucked and was always hurt and it's starting to go that way again. I guess when you're cheap and desperate?

Anyways thats my rants after this horrible week. Thanks for having me! :sign0104:

hermhater
10-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Good post!

Dissing Huard around here can get you yelled at (personal experience), but I have to agree. We need to get Brody in there and either he saves us or kills us, either way we will know whether we need to hit the Free Agents up for a starter.

Brody has a rocket for an arm, and once he gets the offense down, he will make a huge difference (if Herm allows him to pass).

chief31
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
It would help if Grisby was active. After seeing him on defense and HBO Training Camp, the guy can hit. It will be interesting to see what happens when Priest is active soon.

Grigsby is active, but Herm Edwards has never been big on using a fullback.

And why did the Chiefs sign Kyle Turley again? The guy sucked and was always hurt and it's starting to go that way again. I guess when you're cheap and desperate?

Turley has been quite improved this season, as far as pass-blocking goes. He is still not doing well as a run-blocker though.

Today, Terry was starting at RT and wasn't doing much better as a run-blocker and was worse in pass-protection.

The reason that we are depending on those guys is because Herm does not draft offensive linemen. If you aren't going to draft them, then you will be stuck with whatever hits the free-agent market. In this case, nothing.

greg3564
10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Huard is good for what he is, a back up. He did great last year, but has struggled so far this season. Bottom line, we're 2-3 now. Time to bring the kid in and see what he can do. But sticking with 30 somethings is not working, otherwise they should have stuck with Green. With some real game experience I think Croyle will do more this season than Huard.

The AFC West is horrendous this year. I can't believe how bad teams are playing! No one is consistent, which in turn means the conference is up for grabs.

greg3564
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Grigsby is active, but Herm Edwards has never been big on using a fullback.

Which is a dumb move. If Johnson had a good power fullback, he might be able to get past the line of scrimmage. Priest was so successful in part because of Tony Richardson(another bad move by Peterson).

chief31
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Huard is good for what he is, a back up. He did great last year, but has struggled so far this season. Bottom line, we're 2-3 now. Time to bring the kid in and see what he can do. But sticking with 30 somethings is not working, otherwise they should have stuck with Green. With some real game experience I think Croyle will do more this season than Huard.

The AFC West is horrendous this year. I can't believe how bad teams are playing! No one is consistent, which in turn means the conference is up for grabs.

I have been a staunch Huard supporter this season, because I would have lost my mind if we had done the smae with him, as we did with Rich Gannon, previously.

Now that Huard has had his opportunity, (I wanted four games, but after a good game in San Diego, I wanted to see one more game) I am ready to move on. Also, the fact that we are done with the Bears and one of the Chargers games, I think Croyle will have a better chance to excell. I was highly against letting Croyle become a handicap, that early in the season and his career.

I want to point out that Huard has not been bad. But we need more than that.

oceanvger55
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Ditto on all but did u see huard today, didnt he look scared and anxious, he couldnt look off any receiver and pass to the second or third, it was like he had made up his mind before the snap. damn u solari, u started out ok, but wassup with the predictable O. screens without blocks? passes in crowds because of no check offs. Use the backup tackles it wouldnt have been any different

hermhater
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't think that Brody is gonna solve all of our problems, but it will be a start!

There is much that needs to be done with this team, including getting the Run D on track.

Huard has done well as a backup, but that is just what he is. Sorry if I want to move on and have a team with an identity.

tammietailgator
10-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't know if we will have a choice but to bring in Brody. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do... I have heard even before today that he has montananess about him. Lets see it.

greg3564
10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah the offense play calling is weak! There's no creativity at all. Hopefully when they start Croyle, (we all know that's going to happen) they switch it up a little. I think with a mobile QB it will take some pressure off the line. It will be nice to see a young QB who can actually run without the assistance of knee braces. :lol:

I still can't get over LJ's performance. It's not all the O lines fault. He has not been running well. Everytime I see him run, he just doesn't have the same intensity like before. It's like he's lost that chip on his shoulder. Maybe a little activated Priest Holmes will get him going.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah the offense play calling is weak! There's no creativity at all. Hopefully when they start Croyle, (we all know that's going to happen) they switch it up a little. I think with a mobile QB it will take some pressure off the line. It will be nice to see a young QB who can actually run without the assistance of knee braces. :lol:

I still can't get over LJ's performance. It's not all the O lines fault. He has not been running well. Everytime I see him run, he just doesn't have the same intensity like before. It's like he's lost that chip on his shoulder. Maybe a little activated Priest Holmes will get him going.

That seems to be the general consensus around these parts, too.

I think LJ is a great running back, but he has just got to run over a few guys and get going.

miles
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, 5 games in. Shutting doen Huard and putting in Croyles will be an admission of 'the season is over'.
Croyle's great and I'm excited for his future....But it's not going to come to fruition over the next four games. Maybe the next two seasons if were lucky.
Croyle will develope the way he is being utilized without setting too many fires.

tammietailgator
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, 5 games in. Shutting doen Huard and putting in Croyles will be an admission of 'the season is over'.
Croyle's great and I'm excited for his future....But it's not going to come to fruition over the next four games. Maybe the next two seasons if were lucky.
Croyle will develope the way he is being utilized without setting too many fires.
I wouldn't say the season is over, but then I hold on to the end.... Brody is fresh, but that is what we need.

hermhater
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't say the season is over, but then I hold on to the end.... Brody is fresh, but that is what we need.

No the season isn't even close to being over. We are in a 3 way tie for second place in the division.

Half a game behind Oakland now. That just sounds stupid, being behind the Raiders, but it is the reality of this division.

Thank god for the total meltdown of the Broncos today.

tammietailgator
10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Love seeing the donkeys lose. It does feel wierd falling behind raiders, but its only because this is their bye. I have faith,

Coach
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
I am ready to see Croyle as well.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Brodie did a couple good things right. He went down the field and actually got Parker to hold on to a pass. If the 2 minute no huddle drill is so effective I think we should start using it around the first drive of the game.

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:19 AM

Aside from the ability to make bad decisions, It will be very tough for "Broyle" to accomplish much, with zero running game. Also something that Huard has been playing against.

sling58
10-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Aside from the ability to make bad decisions, It will be very tough for "Broyle" to accomplish much, with zero running game. Also something that Huard has been playing against.

I agreed and disagree.

Disagree because I think that Brodie will come in and pass down field and be able to make something happen. Brodie can move around in the pocket a little more and maybe make a play that way.

Agree that he will face the same thing with the running game that we have.

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
I agreed and disagree.

Disagree because I think that Brodie will come in and pass down field and be able to make something happen. Brodie can move around in the pocket a little more and maybe make a play that way.

Agree that he will face the same thing with the running game that we have.

Well, obviously, there are certain advantages to playing a young quarterback, over an older one. But, there are certainly some disadvantages, as well. He has a stronger arm - he tends to throw the ball to defenders. He gets out of the pocket - He breaks down our own offensive play.

Rather his positives will out-weigh his negatives, we will have to wait and see. I know everyone will be hoping for the best for "Broyle".

sling58
10-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Well, obviously, there are certain advantages to playing a young quarterback, over an older one. But, there are certainly some disadvantages, as well. He has a stronger arm - he tends to throw the ball to defenders. He gets out of the pocket - He breaks down our own offensive play.

Rather his positives will out-weigh his negatives, we will have to wait and see. I know everyone will be hoping for the best for "Broyle".

i will agree however I think with his mobility he will open up more plays also. IMO. He can't break down the offensive play any more than the rest of the team is right now though.

greg3564
10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I really can't believe they're still going with Huard this weekend. He's ranked 23rd this year, 4 TD's, 6 INT's with a completion of 65%. :sign0153:

We're 2-3. At this point Huard hasn't been the same guy who filled in last year. Put Croyle in and let's give "the QB of the future" a chance. I don't think he could do much worse the Huard at this point.

On a bright note, Edwards is finally playing Grisby on offense this week. I'm psyched to see what he can do.

rbedgood
10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
The 65% completion is actually pretty good, however the 6 INTs are a problem. I question whether Croyle would've been much better though. I'd guess he'd be at 6 TDs, and 10 or 11 INTs at this point, and a comp percentage closer to 55%...although he'd be gaining experience...

greg3564
10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
While the season is not lost, the chances of going beyond a wildcard will be slim for anyone in the AFC West. The West is terrible this year and the Chiefs aren't much better. I say let Croyle have his chance and let's start working on developing our franchise QB. The whole reason the Chiefs got rid of Trent was because they wanted to "get younger." So let's get younger and let Croyle get going.

m0ef0e
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I say we still stick with Damon. The games we HAVE won have been so close that 2 more int's could be the difference betwee 2-3 and 0-5 right now. Until the finger can be pointed at Huard instead of the LAST-RANKED running game. We need to go with him, IMO. Minimize the mistakes while we can and put Croyle in to take shots later after a few more games if we still need a lift. At that point, Sip may have a few games' experience to compliment the passing game more, our run game may have started to get SOMETHING anything... going with LJ, or I would say Priest will DEFINATELY be back if we can't run on the crappy, defenseless, bungles.

m0ebr0
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I say we still stick with Damon. The games we HAVE won have been so close that 2 more int's could be the difference betwee 2-3 and 0-5 right now. Until the finger can be pointed at Huard instead of the LAST-RANKED running game. We need to go with him, IMO. Minimize the mistakes while we can and put Croyle in to take shots later after a few more games if we still need a lift. At that point, Sip may have a few games' experience to compliment the passing game more, our run game may have started to get SOMETHING anything... going with LJ, or I would say Priest will DEFINATELY be back if we can't run on the crappy, defenseless, bungles.

I agree on this. Stick with Huard. Cryle would not do any better with no running game. He will tend to make more mistakes since he is younger. I would say diferent if we did not have the worst running game in the league. We cant put all the blame on Huard hes doing what he can with no run game.

sling58
10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
We can put in the ball boy for all I care as long as we get the win.

KCKat
10-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Is it really going to make a difference which one starts? The simple fact is, we don't have a great quarterback. We have an average one and a rookie, not much of a choice. As long as we have a running game that isn't going anywhere, we will continue to lose. I don't know who to blame, but I can't say that I'm overly impressed with the coaching as of yet. Once we have finally flushed this season down the toilet, I would like to see us put Croyle in to see if he's worth keeping.

luv
10-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Is it really going to make a difference which one starts? The simple fact is, we don't have a great quarterback. We have an average one and a rookie, not much of a choice. As long as we have a running game that isn't going anywhere, we will continue to lose. I don't know who to blame, but I can't say that I'm overly impressed with the coaching as of yet. Once we have finally flushed this season down the toilet, I would like to see us put Croyle in to see if he's worth keeping.
Problem is, we have a GM who is only about money, and he only sees the short term. He'd rather try to sell a mediocre team for this year than to take time to develop talent. I think we already have a good QB in Croyle. If Carl has anything to say about it, the poor kid will either end up a career backup (because we'll never start him due to the unknowns), or he'll end up going elsewhere and becoming great. It's just like the stock market, sometimes you lose a little in the beginning, but the long term results are worth it.

spiman
10-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Don't bail out yet. Leave well enough alone now.WAY to early to throw the youngster to the wolves.We have way to many other problems to fix now. Q.B. change is not the total answer.

luv
10-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't bail out yet. Leave well enough alone now.WAY to early to throw the youngster to the wolves.We have way to many other problems to fix now. Q.B. change is not the total answer.
I wouldn't say it's even remotely close to being the total answer. Our oline needs lots of work. For this reason, we need someone who's mobile and has a quick release. Huard's not mobile, and his release was much quicker last year than it is this year, and we had a better oline last year. We need a new returner, and I feel our special teams need a little more work, too.

hermhater
10-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's even remotely close to being the total answer. Our oline needs lots of work. For this reason, we need someone who's mobile and has a quick release. Huard's not mobile, and his release was much quicker last year than it is this year, and we had a better oline last year. We need a new returner, and I feel our special teams need a little more work, too.

Nailed it on the head!

:sign0098: :beer: :yahoo:

spiman
10-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I have the hammer.Who has the nails? Not King Carl!

m0ebr0
10-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Well put. Our team requires alot of work. Blocking is the main thing for all of the O to get going from the line and a FB. Special teams needs work on hte returns. Dumond is not impressive thus far. His best return he fumbles. Good thing is D is solid.

The reason why I take Huard this year is he has more expiereience on the field. While he may not be as mobile I think he makes good desicions considering the ammount of time he has to throw (which is none). Croyle would throw alot more picks if he was starting this year. Let Huard start this year and fix our line next year then start Coryle.

greg3564
10-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Sunday will be do or die for Huard. I think if we're struggling at the end of the half, he's out and Croyle's in. Simply because we(or any team for that matter) can't afford to go 2-4 and have the remote hope of making the post season. My gut tells me he'll be no better tomorrow than the other games so far this year. The pressure to perform will be high and Herm will be looking for ANY reason to replace him.

hermhater
10-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Sunday will be do or die for Huard. I think if we're struggling at the end of the half, he's out and Croyle's in. Simply because we(or any team for that matter) can't afford to go 2-4 and have the remote hope of making the post season. My gut tells me he'll be no better tomorrow than the other games so far this year. The pressure to perform will be high and Herm will be looking for ANY reason to replace him.

If Broyle is our future then we need to find out!

How long is he gonna stand on the sidelines?

Either show us something or we start fishing for a new QB out there!

KCKat
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
What do we have to lose? If Croyle is our future, let's get him the experience he needs. I do agree that QB isn't the only problem that needs fixed though!

hermhater
10-14-2007, 12:30 AM
What do we have to lose? If Croyle is our future, let's get him the experience he needs. I do agree that QB isn't the only problem that needs fixed though!

With this offense it is the only thing I think we can change and have an immediate effect.

I hope Boomer helps as fullback this week, but I am still a little worried about the lack of offensive production.

m0ef0e
10-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Football games. I have nothing against Brodie but... NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Pulling Damon now would be STUPID! This will be a dead issue until we are mathematically out of the playoffs and Huard has had some bad games (I think Damon will keep getting better as we head into the playoffs, personally). The point remains, it's a dead horse. Ride it all you want but I'm done with this crap. If I respond to anybody else calling for Croyle after Damon's last performance, it will just be to call them an idiot. I'm sorry in advance, but to pull Huard at this point is lunacy, JMHO.

McLovin
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Football games. I have nothing against Brodie but... NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Pulling Damon now would be STUPID! This will be a dead issue until we are mathematically out of the playoffs and Huard has had some bad games (I think Damon will keep getting better as we head into the playoffs, personally). The point remains, it's a dead horse. Ride it all you want but I'm done with this crap. If I respond to anybody else calling for Croyle after Damon's last performance, it will just be to call them an idiot. I'm sorry in advance, but to pull Huard at this point is lunacy, JMHO.
Croyle, Croyle, Croyle.

rbedgood
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM

Croyle, Croyle, Croyle.

If I'm the resident Diplomat, Bryon must be the resident instigator...or at least fighting Hillbilly and the Texas dude for the position...

McLovin
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
If I'm the resident Diplomat, Bryon must be the resident instigator...or at least fighting Hillbilly and the Texas dude for the position...

Not me? Really ?

:lol::yahoo:

rbedgood
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Not me? Really ?

:lol::yahoo:

I think you're in the running...:D

chief31
10-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Croyle, Croyle, Croyle.

Oh, yeah?!?!?!?!?!

Well Huard's starting. So, Na-na-na-naaaaa-na!!!!

:lol:

Canada
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Now now boys....let's fight!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Whoa whoa whoa!!! He's got a LOOONGG way to go now!!!:lol:

timsatt1
10-17-2007, 07:00 PM

i want croyle.

sorry, but huard just isnt entertaining to me. he puts me to sleep. I want a young gun who wants to be a star and entertain us :)

wake me up when huard is done quarterbacking for the chiefs. :smilies_xxx15:

Canada
10-17-2007, 07:44 PM
i want croyle.

sorry, but huard just isnt entertaining to me. he puts me to sleep. I want a young gun who wants to be a star and entertain us :)

I am happy as long as we are winning games. I haven't seen Huard lose any for us. I'll take it until it changes. I like Huard and Croyle. They are both Chiefs and I will enjoy watching them both play! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Croyle, Croyle, Croyle.

i want croyle.

It would be mean for me to call you guys idiots so I will call you morons instead... :D j/k

At least you guys stick to your guns... Even though they are super soakers...

I'll stick with Damon's bazooka for now, thanks.

stlchief
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
It would be mean for me to call you guys idiots so I will call you morons instead... :D j/k

At least you guys stick to your guns... Even though they are super soakers...

I'll stick with Damon's bazooka for now, thanks.

m0ef0e - I love ya and think 99.9% of the time you are right on, BUT WAY TO GRAPHIC....

:bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

m0ef0e
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
m0ef0e - I love ya and think 99.9% of the time you are right on, BUT WAY TO GRAPHIC....

:bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

I think you may have taken that out of context. :lol:

rbedgood
10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
i want croyle.

Do you want "entertainment" or victory? In some cases the two are one in the same, but when a team is built around defense and the game plan is to control the clock, field position and win the turnover battle, then the offense is likely not going to be 'entertaining'.

Check the Ravens Super Bowl year...they weren't entertaining...just effective.

anaeelbackwards
10-18-2007, 12:22 AM
i would rather bring croyle in now while huard is playing semi-hurt. he might not be hurt, but he looks it and he's getting hit too many times for him not to be. i would rather put him in now, get a few games under his belt, put in some reps and if he's doing bad, then put huard back in. but i mean huard needs some rest and croyle needs to get in sooner or later and why not now? the kids gotta play, im tired of seeing us get these older quaterbacks and then after a few years, nothing.. its:sign0104: back to the chalkboard.

hermhater
10-18-2007, 12:31 AM
i would rather bring croyle in now while huard is playing semi-hurt. he might not be hurt, but he looks it and he's getting hit too many times for him not to be. i would rather put him in now, get a few games under his belt, put in some reps and if he's doing bad, then put huard back in. but i mean huard needs some rest and croyle needs to get in sooner or later and why not now? the kids gotta play, im tired of seeing us get these older quaterbacks and then after a few years, nothing.. its:sign0104: back to the chalkboard.

Stirrin' the pot girl!

You like to keep it lively don't you?

Haven't seen you in a couple of days....

Been away from the computer?

:sign0098::beer:

anaeelbackwards
10-18-2007, 12:35 AM
ive been busy with school and work my friend. but now its fall break so its back again with the homies! :D

hahah i guess i dont know what im getting myself into.

oh well this is what this board is for, and we all don't have the same opinions, thats why i love it in here.

im gonna say it again CROYLE CROYLE CROYLE!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

hermhater
10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
ive been busy with school and work my friend. but now its fall break so its back again with the homies! :D

hahah i guess i dont know what im getting myself into.

oh well this is what this board is for, and we all don't have the same opinions, thats why i love it in here.

im gonna say it again CROYLE CROYLE CROYLE!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

The opinions differ as well as the personalities, that is what makes this site great!

Glad to see you are still here!

:sign0098: :D :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046:

sling58
10-20-2007, 10:17 AM
The opinions differ as well as the personalities, that is what makes this site great!

Glad to see you are still here!

:sign0098: :D :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046:

I have to agree. this site would be really boring if everyone agreed on everything.

Canada
10-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I have to agree. this site would be really boring if everyone agreed on everything.

I agree too.....I'm bored!! :toast2:

sling58
10-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree too.....I'm bored!! :toast2:

Me too... we should go get a beer!

Canada
10-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Me too... we should go get a beer!

I don't want to add to the boredom by agreeing but Yes, yes I do!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't want to add to the boredom by agreeing but Yes, yes I do!! :bananen_smilies046:

How long of a drive is it from Oklahoma City to Canada?

Canada
10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I have no idea!! But you are always welcome!!

Chiefster
10-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I have no idea!! But you are always welcome!!

How about me; I'm I welcome even though I don't drink beer?

mxpxHERO
10-20-2007, 04:52 PM

blasphemy! dear god... lol. what do you drink man?

Canada
10-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Of course you are gramps :wheelchair: We need someone to watch us young kiddies so we don't get in trouble. :bananen_smilies046:

blasphemy! dear god... lol. what do you drink man?

Some stuff call diet coke or something. I've never heard of it! :toast2:

sling58
10-21-2007, 07:51 AM

Chiefs fans are always welcome at my house plus I will need someone sober at the house to talk to the cops when they show up from us being to loud and crazy!!!!!!

Canada
10-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I was watching the Florida game last night and I think we should get Tim Tebow when he comes into the draft. I want to hear the announcers saying Tebow to DBowe....Touchdown Kaaaaaaansaaaaas Ciiiiiiity!!!!!!!!

sling58
10-21-2007, 08:22 AM
I was watching the Florida game last night and I think we should get Tim Tebow when he comes into the draft. I want to hear the announcers saying Tebow to DBowe....Touchdown Kaaaaaaansaaaaas Ciiiiiiity!!!!!!!!

I watched some of the game myself, Tim would be a nice addition to any NFL team.

Canada
10-21-2007, 08:23 AM
I watched some of the game myself, Tim would be a nice addition to any NFL team.

He won't be able to run like that in the NFL though.

sling58
10-21-2007, 08:24 AM

True NFL defense are a little quicker than those college boys.

Canada
10-21-2007, 08:26 AM
True NFL defense are a little quicker than those college boys.

A little bigger too! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-21-2007, 08:27 AM
A little bigger too! :bananen_smilies046:

That is true

McLovin
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
That is what they said bout Adrian Peterson though.

sling58
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

but he is no Adrian.

Canada
10-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Tebow does not have the size nor ability to run over NFL defenders like he does in college!!

greg3564
10-23-2007, 12:26 AM
It's amazing that people still like Huard. The guy is soooo mediocre. Let's look at this weeks performance against Oakland.

16 of 31 :sign0153:

177 yards :wheelchair:

55.4 passer rating!!!!????? :mob:

We were flat out L-U-C-K-Y to win that one. If not for Pages INT we would have lost that game in no part to that STUPID two point attempt. What the hell was that about anyways. Single digit game and you go for two? Crazy calls like that make me want to pull my hair out!

On a bright note....Jared Allen is the man! That guy is a animal, a beast to be recogned with. :sign0098:

greg3564
10-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh yeah. Priest Holmes gets my vote for Player of the Week for that comeback. He's one of my favorite players of all time right up there with Marcus Allen. Plus he has more personality and smiles, unlike Larry Johnson.

I'm beginning to think LJ's better days are behind him. He's nothing but a pouty faced whiner. He better start living up to that big contract and the stupid hold out in camp or he might just get traded down the road.

luv
10-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Oh yeah. Priest Holmes gets my vote for Player of the Week for that comeback. He's one of my favorite players of all time right up there with Marcus Allen. Plus he has more personality and smiles, unlike Larry Johnson.

I'm beginning to think LJ's better days are behind him. He's nothing but a pouty faced whiner. He better start living up to that big contract and the stupid hold out in camp or he might just get traded down the road.
He was what? 4 carries for 9 yards? Not a grand comeback, but I see where you're coming from.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 12:37 AM
It's amazing that people still like Huard. The guy is soooo mediocre. Let's look at this weeks performance against Oakland.

16 of 31 :sign0153:

177 yards :wheelchair:

55.4 passer rating!!!!????? :mob:

We were flat out L-U-C-K-Y to win that one. If not for Pages INT we would have lost that game in no part to that STUPID two point attempt. What the hell was that about anyways. Single digit game and you go for two? Crazy calls like that make me want to pull my hair out!

On a bright note....Jared Allen is the man! That guy is a animal, a beast to be recogned with. :sign0098:

Believe it or not, and I hate to say it (look at my user name), but HERM made the right call there.

He was trying to protect against the very thing that happened to them after the missed field goal.

He didn't want to let the Raiders to be able to take the lead with a TD.

Ref gets in DBo's way and that is the story of the Chiefs over the last 30 or so years...

:bananen_smilies046:

luv
10-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Why are we so persistant in runnng on 3rd and 8 when our running game is nil right now?

hermhater
10-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Why are we so persistant in runnng on 3rd and 8 when our running game is nil right now?

Gimme an "H"!
Gimme an "E"!
Gimme an "R"!
Gimme an "M"!

You get the picture...

greg3564
10-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Gimme an "H"!
Gimme an "E"!
Gimme an "R"!
Gimme an "M"!

You get the picture...

Yep, Mr. Herm "All I want to do is keep the clock going" Edwards.

I guess Herm expects LJ to actually run and earn that camp hold out contract extension. I actually liked LJ until he pulled that one. And the way he's been acting out on the field has just lowered him in my book even more.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Yep, Mr. Herm "All I want to do is keep the clock going" Edwards.

I guess Herm expects LJ to actually run and earn that camp hold out contract extension. I actually liked LJ until he pulled that one. And the way he's been acting out on the field has just lowered him in my book even more.

Well at least we know where we stand!

We both hate HERM and agree that LJ is not able to get yards because of the O line!

Acting out is immature and that is why he is not being made available to the press. He has decided that if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!

:sign0098: :beer: :D

greg3564
10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Well at least we know where we stand!

We both hate HERM and agree that LJ is not able to get yards because of the O line!

Acting out is immature and that is why he is not being made available to the press. He has decided that if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!

:sign0098: :beer: :D

Ahhhh, to think what might have happened had Priest never got hurt. I guess that's the Longhorn in me rooting for a native Texan. Speaking of Longhorns, how about Derrick Johnson? A great draft pick there. Go Horns!!!!

hermhater
10-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Ahhhh, to think what might have happened had Priest never got hurt. I guess that's the Longhorn in me rooting for a native Texan. Speaking of Longhorns, how about Derrick Johnson? A great draft pick there. Go Horns!!!!

Good times...

DJ is a beast! He throws his body around the field and grabs dudes from weird angles, and still makes tackles, sacks, and I think he will be an int machine pretty soon!

Go Mizzou!

:beer: :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::D :yahoo:

chief31
10-23-2007, 01:46 AM

Because third and eight is such an obvious passing down, that they want to catch opponents off-guard. I don't hate that call, but it has been too frequent. I think if you get a few first downs by throwing in that situation, it helps.

luv
10-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Because third and eight is such an obvious passing down, that they want to catch opponents off-guard. I don't hate that call, but it has been too frequent. I think if you get a few first downs by throwing in that situation, it helps.
There's a reason why it's a passing down. Especially since our running game sucks. You'd think Solari would pick up on that.

chief31
10-23-2007, 01:58 AM
There's a reason why it's a passing down. Especially since our running game sucks. You'd think Solari would pick up on that.

He picked-up on the fact that first and ten is primarily a running down and got lynched for it. Sometimes, you need to do something that isn't obvious. Right?

Like I said, I would like to see less of that, but I won't complain about the occaisional surprise, even if it is a draw play, on third and eight.

greg3564
10-23-2007, 01:59 AM

Most of the play calling has been pretty obvious and predictable to opponents. Remember, opponents have last years tapes and all the tapes for the years Herm was with the Jets.

Go's something like this.

Run
Pass
Run

Occasionally

Pass
Run
Run

luv
10-23-2007, 02:04 AM
He picked-up on the fact that first and ten is primarily a running down and got lynched for it. Sometimes, you need to do something that isn't obvious. Right?

Like I said, I would like to see less of that, but I won't complain about the occaisional surprise, even if it is a draw play, on third and eight.
Stupid question time. What's a draw play?

McLovin
10-23-2007, 02:06 AM
From Wikipedia.com

A draw is a type of American football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football) play. The draw appears to be a passing play, but is actually a running play; in this way, it can be considered the opposite of the play action pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_action_pass). The idea behind a draw play is to attack aggressive, pass-rushing defenses by "drawing" them upfield, leaving more open space to run the ball. Draw plays are often run out of the shotgun formation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_formation), but can also be run when the quarterback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback) is under center. These types of draw plays are sometimes referred to as delayed handoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draw_play

chief31
10-23-2007, 02:09 AM

Basically, the quarterback drops back and the offensive linemen drop into pass-protection, then, they hand the ball to the halfback, once the defense has determined that it is a passing play.

McLovin
10-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Basically, the quarterback drops back and the offensive linemen drop into pass-protection, then, they hand the ball to the halfback, once the defense has determined that it is a passing play.
I believe if you hesitate a touch longer it becomes a statue of liberty play, am I correct on this?

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:12 AM
From Wikipedia.com

A draw is a type of American football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football) play. The draw appears to be a passing play, but is actually a running play; in this way, it can be considered the opposite of the play action pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_action_pass). The idea behind a draw play is to attack aggressive, pass-rushing defenses by "drawing" them upfield, leaving more open space to run the ball. Draw plays are often run out of the shotgun formation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_formation), but can also be run when the quarterback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback) is under center. These types of draw plays are sometimes referred to as delayed handoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draw_play

Decent enough explanation.

Except they don't include the fact that when Huard and LJ are in the backfield together (shotgun) the defense already knows LJ can't block yet, so it is obviously a draw.

They don't bite, and the draw turns into a 4 or 5 yard loss.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Should I be replying to this or is it finished because I explained it so well to every CHIEFS fan that has ever existed? :wheelchair: :11: :D give me diet coke please... meh

luv
10-23-2007, 03:11 AM
So a draw play can result in a screen pass. Draw the defense in, and then let the Oline act as a screen for the HB to run behind until he finds an opening.

HersheyBar
10-23-2007, 03:17 AM

You don't put him in when Huard is winning games, you don't put him in when you are in the middle of a divional race, and you don't put him in when you have no QB coach. Let him learn from Huard.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 03:21 AM
You don't put him in when Huard is winning games, you don't put him in when you are in the middle of a divional race, and you don't put him in when you have no QB coach. Let him learn from Huard.

This is evidence of his wisdom I have said that it takes about 6 games to EVEN evaluate a starting QB. Others have said it takes years to develop.

Both are true.

Huard is our starter, like it or not.

If you got a problem with that then blame HERM!

:sign0098: :toast2:

chief31
10-23-2007, 03:31 AM
So a draw play can result in a screen pass. Draw the defense in, and then let the Oline act as a screen for the HB to run behind until he finds an opening.

No. A draw play is specifically a running play where the play is set-up as a passing play, then handed-off to the halfback. Or, there ias also the quarterback draw. In which caes, the play still starts like any passing play, but then the QB tucks it away and runs for it.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Thank god we are finally talking about Broyle in the offense.

I'm pretty sure he can hand off a draw.

:sign0098: :beer:

hermhater
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/271.jpg

Did this Jedi win a Super Bowl for the Chiefs??

Go Chiefs!

Bighurt27
10-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I stand by Huard til the bitter end.

sling58
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
As long as we win I don't care who is QB at this point.

Chiefster
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/271.jpg

Did this Jedi win a Super Bowl for the Chiefs??

Go Chiefs!

I was your fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins room mate...

greg3564
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
As long as we win I don't care who is QB at this point.

So long as the defense keeps up the good work. But if that faulters, heads will begin to roll.

The bottom line is I believe the decision has been made to make Croyle the starter by a certain game, we just aren't in the know. Herm and Peterson have made it pretty clear the Croyle will start this year. Not to mention Huard just doesn't look like he can take too many more hits. Huard makes Trent Green look like Michael Vick when scrambling.:lol:

I say do it now instead of later in the season when Croyle will have to fight the elements. Huard is simply a stop gap measure and his future is clear that he will revert to a back-up. The front office has never hidden that.

HersheyBar
10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
So long as the defense keeps up the good work. But if that faulters, heads will begin to roll.

The bottom line is I believe the decision has been made to make Croyle the starter by a certain game, we just aren't in the know. Herm and Peterson have made it pretty clear the Croyle will start this year. Not to mention Huard just doesn't look like he can take too many more hits. Huard makes Trent Green look like Michael Vick when scrambling.:lol:

I say do it now instead of later in the season when Croyle will have to fight the elements. Huard is simply a stop gap measure and his future is clear that he will revert to a back-up. The front office has never hidden that.

I say do it never unless we are in last place and out of the playoff hunt! We should of picked up Culpeper. He would of been a good second string QB. Right now Huard is not doing a great job but is winning. Herm job is to build a winning team this year not 5 years from now in which I doubt he will even be here. He has aquaried many draft picks for next year and kept the Team competitive. We can trade down or just draft a lot of young studs. If there is one thing Herm has been good at is picking draft picks.

HersheyBar
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I stand by Huard til the bitter end.

I am with you my friend. Good Job Huard.

hermhater
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I say do it never unless we are in last place and out of the playoff hunt! We should of picked up Culpeper. He would of been a good second string QB. Right now Huard is not doing a great job but is winning. Herm job is to build a winning team this year not 5 years from now in which I doubt he will even be here. He has aquaried many draft picks for next year and kept the Team competitive. We can trade down or just draft a lot of young studs. If there is one thing Herm has been good at is picking draft picks.

I hope HERM decides to draft some Offensive linemen!

Then we will be a complete team!

Chiefster
10-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I hope HERM decides to draft some Offensive linemen!

Then we will be a complete team!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We gotta winner Johnny!

greg3564
10-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I say do it never unless we are in last place and out of the playoff hunt! We should of picked up Culpeper.

That's always worked well for the Chiefs in the past. :sign0153:

Let's see, instead of a LONG term solution, let's go after stop gap filling in the blanks. We did that enough and saw that it was not all that great. ie. Joe Montana, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac. For ONCE, lets get a good QB in the draft and develop him into a longterm franchise QB. Not this spin the wheel crap for the last 15-20 years.

We have that QB and he is close if they would just do it and get it over with. It WILL happen in the next couple of weeks. Just watch. It will probably kept quiet and it will be a game day decision right before play time so to throw off the defence.All the higher ups and even Herm has said that Croyle WILL start THIS season. If they do it, I would guess the home game against Green Bay.

I think the passing game would be 100% better with Croyle's arm. The kid can throw laser smooth and once he gets the first game jitters aside, he'll be a potent combo with Bowe, Gonzalez, Kennison, Webb and Parker. Toss in the Dynamic Duo of LJ and Priest. But above all else the O line is a sad sack of sh@t.

McLovin
10-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I am with you my friend. Good Job Huard.
Can I get a reservation for 2 to the Huard Homers club, lol Welcome to the Crowd.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Let's see, instead of a LONG term solution, let's go after stop gap filling in the blanks. We did that enough and saw that it was not all that great. ie. Joe Montana, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, Elvis Grbac. For ONCE, lets get a good QB in the draft and develop him into a longterm franchise QB. Not this spin the wheel crap for the last 15-20 years.

We have that QB and he is close if they would just do it and get it over with. It WILL happen in the next couple of weeks. Just watch. It will probably kept quiet and it will be a game day decision right before play time so to throw off the defence.All the higher ups and even Herm has said that Croyle WILL start THIS season. If they do it, I would guess the home game against Green Bay.

I think the passing game would be 100% better with Croyle's arm. The kid can throw laser smooth and once he gets the first game jitters aside, he'll be a potent combo with Bowe, Gonzalez, Kennison, Webb and Parker. Toss in the Dynamic Duo of LJ and Priest. But above all else the O line is a sad sack of sh@t.

All very good points!

I have stopped the arguing about bringing in Broyle, because it ain't gonna happen by yelling about it on ANY website!

If the management decides it is time, then good for him.

Perhaps they are not happy with his ability to read defenses just yet. We can't know, because we are not Chiefs insiders.

We are nothing more than speculators, such as those in the media, and the bookies in Vegas!

I just hope the management (please be right for once!) picks the right time for him to start, or decide to go with a draft pick because Broyle can't learn.

I have little faith in Carl, and perhaps less in HERM, but I want the players to succeed!

GO CHIEFS!!!! :yahoo:

McLovin
10-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Totally agree, at this point I would much rather miss the prom then take Rosie.

On the Culpepper thing, why don't we just go after Testeverde, his social security could help with cap room. Think we could lure Terry Bradshaw out of retirement.

The only time I have ever believed in the going to get an almost retired QB was when we went and got Joe Montana,

One I didn't want to ever see Montana as a backup,

Two He is Joe Montana, (Greatest Quarterback EVER, I would take a Joe Montana in his last year before retirement before I would take a John Elway in the draft, although I never liked Elway lol.

And I would love to bring back Joe Montana now based on his links to the club, to be a QB coach, Although he has said he isn't a good coach, he has found that out with his kids, he is more of a Dad though so he would prolly be a great mentor and coach for Brodie.

Well seeing how this soapbox is starting to show wear, I will get off of it for now, BTW good post greg, not just because I agree with it, no thats it because I agree with it lol.

greg3564
10-24-2007, 12:27 AM
All very good points!

I have stopped the arguing about bringing in Broyle, because it ain't gonna happen by yelling about it on ANY website!

If the management decides it is time, then good for him.

Perhaps they are not happy with his ability to read defenses just yet. We can't know, because we are not Chiefs insiders.

We are nothing more than speculators, such as those in the media, and the bookies in Vegas!

I just hope the management (please be right for once!) picks the right time for him to start, or decide to go with a draft pick because Broyle can't learn.

I have little faith in Carl, and perhaps less in HERM, but I want the players to succeed!

GO CHIEFS!!!! :yahoo:

Ahhhhh, if only Vince Young were available when it was our turn in the Draft.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Ahhhhh, if only Vince Young were available when it was our turn in the Draft.

You mean you want us to lose enough games to get the 3rd round draft pick?

That, I have an issue with.

Some others on this site (will not mention names) have wanted us to just be horrible to get a first round draft pick. I will never want the Chiefs to tank a game for the future. I believe that is unsportsmanlike and a cowards way to winning.

Besides 1-5 in the draft usually end up selling electronics, or hamburgers!

Just seems to work out that way most of the time.

We have done well in the draft on defense.

Let's get some good O linemen and make a run for the SB!!!!

:sign0098: :D

greg3564
10-24-2007, 12:34 AM

Some others on this site (will not mention names) have wanted us to just be horrible to get a first round draft pick. I will never want the Chiefs to tank a game for the future. I believe that is unsportsmanlike and a cowards way to winning.

No I meant that if he were available by some act of God when the Chiefs were on the board. I think this years pick Dwayne Bowe was rock solid. For once Peterson didn't pick another Ryan Sims.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 12:45 AM
No I meant that if he were available by some act of God when the Chiefs were on the board. I think this years pick Dwayne Bowe was rock solid. For once Peterson didn't pick another Ryan Sims.

DBo signed Canada's shirt (just like that DBo, so that is how I will reference him from now on) and that is ultimate luck for the Chiefs!

DBo is awesome! He makes opposing defenses look small and slow!

I love the way he can go and grab the ball at it's the highest point!

Looks a little bit like TG!

chief31
10-24-2007, 02:26 AM
If there is one thing Herm has been good at is picking draft picks.

Unless you mean offensive linemen.

Totally agree, at this point I would much rather miss the prom then take Rosie.

There has been alot of that recently. I'll take Rosie to the prom. All kinds of things can happen on Prom Night.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 02:54 AM

There has been alot of that recently. I'll take Rosie to the prom. All kinds of things can happen on Prom Night.

Rosie might find a better date, and you end up going with Giselle Bundchen!

It happened to me folks, it could happen to you too! :D :sign0098:

Guru
10-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Rosie Palm?

chief31
10-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Rosie Palm?

She's the insurance policy.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 03:11 AM
This thread is a wreck.

Polleo Pit Man
10-24-2007, 04:07 AM
at least it's not alone!

hermhater
10-24-2007, 04:09 AM
This thread is a wreck.

at least it's not alone!

Guru has been stating this all along.

Where is my post for rep points spinoff? :D

swmochiefsfan
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Agree, thats the only real plan for the future.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
This thread is a wreck.

Heh!!!

McLovin
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM

Whats the use of going to the prom if ya cant score.

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Kinda like taking your sister; unless you're from the deepest darkest part of Arkansas.

greg3564
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Kinda like taking your sister; unless you're from the deepest darkest part of Arkansas.

or Mississippi or Alabama or Georgia................:D

Chiefster
10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
or Mississippi or Alabama or Georgia................:D

"Deliverance" country.

hermhater
10-24-2007, 11:47 PM
"Deliverance" country.

YouTube - 'Deliverance' - 'Dueling banjos' scene

Chiefster
10-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Yehaw!!!!

chief31
10-25-2007, 05:32 AM

That's the big bonus to taking the ugly gal. You get to go to the prom and see what you can't do to improve your situation, full-knowing that you are gonna get some either way. :D

sling58
10-25-2007, 07:17 AM

I believe you might be right.....I wonder if it will be after the bye week?

McLovin
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I believe you might be right.....I wonder if it will be after the bye week?
You know that makes sense, specially at Huards age, He could be in a nursing home sharing a room with Chiefster by the time we get back from the bye. Although one good thing bout all these old QBs we dont have to pay as much retirement.

m0ef0e
10-25-2007, 09:15 PM
You know that makes sense, specially at Huards age, He could be in a nursing home sharing a room with Chiefster by the time we get back from the bye. Although one good thing bout all these old QBs we dont have to pay as much retirement.

Chiefster should go try to take Broyle's job.... CP would probably hire him! :lol:

hermhater
10-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Chiefster should go try to take Broyle's job.... CP would probably hire him! :lol:

Would the Chiefs let him take his electric chair on the field?

If so, I say do it!

McLovin
10-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Nah I am thinking Chiefster is too young. Never thought you would see that sentence did ya.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Nah I am thinking Chiefster is too young. Never thought you would see that sentence did ya.

I heard that one time Chiefster was attacked by KC Wolf and choked him with his bare hands!

:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :D

sling58
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM

when Chiefster played they still wore leather helmets.

:lol: :lol:

Canada
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
when Chiefster played they still wore leather helmets.

I heard that Chiefster celebrated his retirement the same day as the AFL/NFL merger!! :lol:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I heard that Chiefster celebrated his retirement the same day as the AFL/NFL merger!! :lol:

well we are thankful that chiefster still has the willpower to get up and share his thoughts with the crowd. chiefster you're my hero! :sign0098:

Canada
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
well we are thankful that chiefster still has the willpower to get up and share his thought with the crowd. chiefster you're my hero! :sign0098:

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Didn't Chiefster help form the league back in the 20's before it was called the NFL?

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Didn't Chiefster help form the league back in the 20's before it was called the NFL?

No....he was just getting back from World War 1 and working on the invention of the combustion engine in the 20s!! :lol: I think he was in his early 50 back then!! :11:

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
No....he was just getting back from World War 1 and working on the invention of the combustion engine in the 20s!! :lol: I think he was in his early 50 back then!! :11:

You are probably right. I get the dates confused. I mean this is 200+ years of Chiefster history we are dealing with here.

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
You are probably right. I get the dates confused. I mean this is 200+ years of Chiefster history we are dealing with here.

And he is still going strong!! Must be that "diet coke" ting he keeps talking about!! :11:

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
And he is still going strong!! Must be that "diet coke" ting he keeps talking about!! :11:

Is Aspartame a preservative?

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Is Aspartame a preservative?

Maybe...I am trying to drink enough that I pickle myself!! :drunkhb:

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe...I am trying to drink enough that I pickle myself!! :drunkhb:

If anyone can, you can Canada!

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM

You are cutting him short there...we've already determined he has history in Ancient Greece, and I'm guessing he may have worked here at one point

http://re3.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1914373615 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dhanging%2Bgardens%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=835&h=626&imgurl=aboutfacts.net%2FAncient%2FAncient30%2FHang ing%2520Gardens.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Faboutfacts.net%2FAncient30.htm&size=440kB&name=Hanging+Gardens.jpg&p=hanging+gardens&type=jpeg&no=2&tt=13,917&oid=cbf3e45f637e0202&ei=UTF-8)

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I believe if you hesitate a touch longer it becomes a statue of liberty play, am I correct on this?

Sorry Bryon, but the Statue of Liberty play refers to the fake pass/run play (usually either a delayed sweep or end around). It is referred to as the Statue of Liberty because of the position at which the QB makes the handoff to the WR or RB...

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
You are cutting him short there...we've already determined he has history in Ancient Greece, and I'm guessing he may have worked here at one point

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dhanging%2Bgardens%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26x%3Dwrt%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21&w=835&h=626&imgurl=aboutfacts.net%2FAncient%2FAncient30%2FHang ing%2520Gardens.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Faboutfacts.net%2FAncient30.htm&size=440kB&name=Hanging+Gardens.jpg&p=hanging+gardens&type=jpeg&no=2&tt=13,917&oid=cbf3e45f637e0202&ei=UTF-8)

Ahhh yes, those were the days.