PDA

View Full Version : Manning refused to visit KC, Reliable source:

Connie Jo
03-12-2012, 12:25 AM
The person who gives this information is associated with the Chiefs, highly respected. He is a very responsible person, and would not pass along bogus information. :)

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24477/Manning-declined-visits-to-Seattle-and-Kansas-City/Default.aspx#.T11WxSMBYfM. facebook

I put a space between the . and facebook, hoping the link wouldn't show as an invalid one. Below is the link without the space. It usually works even though it may say invalid.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24477/Manning-declined-visits-to-Seattle-and-Kansas-City/Default.aspx#.T11WxSMBYfM.facebook

KCraised
03-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Fine by me. Hope he signs with Denver so Hali can give him a back adjustment

tornadospotter
03-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Haha you see what you get for not spending on FA and not wanting to upgrade your team? You get players that dont want to come here
:blows:

KCraised
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Haha you see what you get for not spending on FA and not wanting to upgrade your team? You get players that dont want to come here

Yeah, this small market team will always stay small. But hey, we have Matt Cassel, right??? Lol

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 03:03 AM

Yes Because it's working so well for Philly,Dallas,Washington teams who have spent and spent in the free agent market they have won so many superbowls right? Oh wait it's been teams like the Pittsburgh,Green Bay, NYG winning teams who spent time and built there teams. Useing the draft and a FEW key free agents. Not many big names.

KCCF
03-12-2012, 04:07 AM

Do you purposely try to look like a tool in every post you make? Lols

KCCF
03-12-2012, 07:45 AM
No this team has been losing/not a contender for way too long and I am trying to snap everyone out of it. But most here seem to be paid by pioli

Yeah pays us a ton!

Nah, we're just trying to be optimistic. The thing here is for months all you've done is piss and moan about pioli and his drafts and how bad we've been (although we have a division title and barely missed a second with 4 starters out). You've made far more enemies here based solely on the fact you're so negative. Every move is bad to you and honestly its annoying.

dbolan
03-12-2012, 08:29 AM

As Jim Rome says...

RACK it!!

dbolan
03-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah pays us a ton!

Nah, we're just trying to be optimistic. The thing here is for months all you've done is piss and moan about pioli and his drafts and how bad we've been (although we have a division title and barely missed a second with 4 starters out). You've made far more enemies here based solely on the fact you're so negative. Every move is bad to you and honestly its annoying.

Optimism is in line if you are a Packer fan, a Patriots fan or a Saints fan...

I think a Realist perspective is perfectly in line here.

The division title was won but it was no glamor show or pure domination that sealed the deal.

The reason we lost it last year is because we sucked the worst in a crummy division and even if we had won the division, it would have been another "out in the first round" situation.

dbolan
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Looks like the Titans are pushing REALLY hard for Manning to return to Tennessee!

Titans owner tells paper he wants to sign Manning - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlL0z_1vHUFX6hrziuQ1O_pDubYF?slug=ap-titans-manning)

KCraised
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Optimism is in line if you are a Packer fan, a Patriots fan or a Saints fan...

I think a Realist perspective is perfectly in line here.

The division title was won but it was no glamor show or pure domination that sealed the deal.

The reason we lost it last year is because we sucked the worst in a crummy division and even if we had won the division, it would have been another "out in the first round" situation.

Can't be argued

70 chiefsfan70
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Do you purposely try to look like a tool in every post you make? Lols

I dare say, He does not need to try, its a natural.

Seek
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
If this is true, I would be very concerned if I was Scott Pioli for two reasons.

A. Peyton and Ryan Lilja are pretty good friends.
B. Jim Bob Cooter is also supposedly close to Peyton.

Given this, I am guessing there has probably been some truths shared to Peyton about this team that has Peyton saying NO Way, I don't want to touch that. Just to Jeff Fischer did.

That being said, I am scared to death of giving him a lucrative contract and having some JA from another team try to rip his head off and finish off his career, ASSUMING he can play anyway.

chiefnut
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
No this team has been losing/not a contender for way too long and I am trying to snap everyone out of it. But most here seem to be paid by pioli

i don't believe we need any more shaking up, there have been ample opinions voiced here on our slide into the depths of despair since unlce herm was here. i like this board for its civility compared to the ranting illogic and personal attacks i have found on many other boards. as for our lack of spending, we currently rank in the top 11, we have brought in free agents and have drafted high profile players.....although many of these have not worked out well. this team is tons better than in the uncle herm era and looking to continue to improve. lets wait and see what they do in FA and the draft, then i am sure you will see a high volume of opposing views from suicidal to elated.:chiefs:

KCraised
03-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Well, now there are reports that Seattle and KC are still in the Hunt and talks have been productive. At least come get some bbq. Pioli will even suck the sauce off your fingers.
Irresponsible journalism, I tell ya!

70 chiefsfan70
03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
i don't believe we need any more shaking up, there have been ample opinions voiced here on our slide into the depths of despair since unlce herm was here. i like this board for its civility compared to the ranting illogic and personal attacks i have found on many other boards. as for our lack of spending, we currently rank in the top 11, we have brought in free agents and have drafted high profile players.....although many of these have not worked out well. this team is tons better than in the uncle herm era and looking to continue to improve. lets wait and see what they do in FA and the draft, then i am sure you will see a high volume of opposing views from suicidal to elated.:chiefs:

And THIS I will agree with.

There is no reason, with or without a new QB we will not be competitive, unless of course, we sign palko again.

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Ah so we should do nothing to try to upgrade our team? A big time FA here and there. So tell me, where is the "Draft" mentality for bringing in guys like Matt Cassel, Route and then letting carr go? Oh yeah, and those teams Matthew drafted pro bowl guys. Why dont you compare their drafts to the drafts pioli has had. And im sure you will find a way to say that Tyson Jackson pick was far better than clay matthews, tuck, pierre paul, osi, polomalu and so many more, plus these are possible future hall of famers. We have berry and thats pretty much it as far as proven impact players. Hopefully people here will start realizing it takes impact players to start winning super bowls. Not Average to solid players especially first round picks. Tyson Jackson isnt a player who is going to make a huge impact on your team, its definitely not a guy you want to draft third.

Upgrade our team yes, spend every single dime in our pockets no. No one will argue that Jackson was a reach at #3. With that said...GET OVER IT! The guy is moving to the top of 3-4 DE's in the league after only two and a half years. I didn't say he was the top I said he's moving to the top, two different things.

You talk about "impact players" which is ridiculous. If you have 11 studs on your team your team no longer has an "impact player" because all of them meld together and look like...gasp...good players.

As for keeping Carr you go ahead and over pay him for his #2 role. We brought Routt in because when you pay 10 million for every "impact player" on your team you'll soon find you have a very incomplete team. Hey where's the center? Oh well we didn't have enough money for an "impact center" so Lilja, slide on over and hike me the ball and play guard and center.

We're trying to find the right 53, not the impact player 53.

azchiefsfan
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I think Manning will crash and burn wherever he goes. I am thankful he won't be coming here. He would be a $30-$40 million boondoggle and will throw whatever team gets him into a 2-3 year tailspin. We are close in rebuilding, it would be a shame to throw a mountain of money at a guy I believe won't last more than 4 games.

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I think Manning will crash and burn wherever he goes. I am thankful he won't be coming here. He would be a $30-$40 million boondoggle and will throw whatever team gets him into a 2-3 year tailspin. We are close in rebuilding, it would be a shame to throw a mountain of money at a guy I believe won't last more than 4 games.

Az I know we haven't agreed on much but thank GOD someone else see's the same things I do. I thought it was just me for a while.

:bananen_smilies046:

azchiefsfan
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Az I know we haven't agreed on much but thank GOD someone else see's the same things I do. I thought it was just me for a while.

whackojacko58
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
im vaey disapointed by this cant even get a visit , itll tske atleast a week for me to get over this sour note

pojote
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
For those following Chiefs players on Twitter, you had seen than they didn't catch the Manning hype, even two players tweet against:
Le'Ron McClain ‏ @LeRon_McClain44

#sweater RT @RavensInsider: Peyton Manning passes on invitations to visit Seahawks and Chiefs, per the Denver Post.
Brandon Flowers ‏ @BFlowers24

"@eturnl2009: @Stuntman1429 @BFlowers24 y'all need to convince Manning to come to KC." Ok shoot me his num. Ill hitem up
I don't know for sure, but I think they aren't looking forward to be with Manning. Are they protecting Cassel? IDK

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 12:58 PM
im vaey disapointed by this cant even get a visit , itll tske atleast a week for me to get over this sour note

I don't know about about disappointed. Worried is a better word for me. Unless Manning flat out never wanted to come here and it's just for personal reasons I'm worried. I want a player to at least come to a team and say I'm not exactly sure I want to be here but I've heard good things.

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Gotta rep that post.

KCraised
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
For those following Chiefs players on Twitter, you had seen than they didn't catch the Manning hype, even two players tweet against:
Le'Ron McClain ‏ @LeRon_McClain44

Brandon Flowers ‏ @BFlowers24

I don't know for sure, but I think they aren't looking forward to be with Manning. Are they protecting Cassel? IDK

Sorry, Flowers but your pull is nowhere CLOSE to an Elway or Fitzgerald....lol

Wait a sec, I thought flowers said something to the extent of "get me mannings #, i'll hit him up."

???

dbolan
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I thought Hunt went to see Manning a few days ago. If that is the case, maybe Manning is making rounds. Besides, not very often that a sought after player shops at one spot.

KCraised
03-12-2012, 02:39 PM
It DOES seem kindof odd that the big three (Hunt, Pioli, Crennel) havent publicly came out and said its over? Hmmmm....unless this is a smokescreen to not show our hand on something else brewing...

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Ah so we should do nothing to try to upgrade our team? A big time FA here and there. So tell me, where is the "Draft" mentality for bringing in guys like Matt Cassel, Route and then letting carr go? Oh yeah, and those teams Matthew drafted pro bowl guys. Why dont you compare their drafts to the drafts pioli has had. And im sure you will find a way to say that Tyson Jackson pick was far better than clay matthews, tuck, pierre paul, osi, polomalu and so many more, plus these are possible future hall of famers. We have berry and thats pretty much it as far as proven impact players. Hopefully people here will start realizing it takes impact players to start winning super bowls. Not Average to solid players especially first round picks. Tyson Jackson isnt a player who is going to make a huge impact on your team, its definitely not a guy you want to draft third.

When Did I say we should do nothing? And what team has Carr signed with? We lost him already?

Tyson Jackson was pretty good last year. A number of areas he was amoung the tops in the NFL in. Those just are not the "big time stats" that fans look at. And just because it's not a big name does not mean guys are not impact players. The Pats won there superbowls with a guy like Troy Brown playing both offense and defense at times. Not a big name but he made a Impact. Justin Houston made a Impact. Mccluster made a Impact last year. You want Big names THAT HAS NOT WORKED for many teams. Why should we think it's going to work here.

But getting back on the Manning Topic I was simply putting out there that there is more reasons then money why a guy would not sign here. Lets say this is what happend Chiefs offered Manning a contract to his agent his agent asked about the chances of the Chiefs going after Wayne,Clark,Saturday his guys who it's rumored that he wants to fallow him the Chiefs said no they are going to work on getting some O line help (BIG AREA OF NEED) To make better rather then going with Wayne and Clark. So Peyton decided then that he would stay away from the Chiefs. Would you blame the Chiefs for wanting to go more with what the team needs then doing something just to get Peyton for a few years? There could be some reasons that we should like as fans as to why Peyton Ruled the Chiefs out. I myself would be Happy if that was the case. But just because a player doesn't want to be a Chief doesn't mean it's ownership being cheap or anything bad about that ownership. Players are just like us they have teams they like and teams they don't. Maybe Peyton just has never liked the Chiefs. It's possible why point the finger of blame at management when you don't know the reasons behind something.

jason1981
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
if he doesnt like the chiefs then he has to have a reason. it could be management, players,staff, but he has a reason you just dont notblike anyone for no reason.

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
if he doesnt like the chiefs then he has to have a reason. it could be management, players,staff, but he has a reason you just dont notblike anyone for no reason.

Nit necessarily. He may just have a reason for liking another team more. Better o-line, Larry Fitzgerald, warm weather. It doesn't mean he doesn't like the Chiefs. He's just looking for something we don't offer.

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Nit necessarily. He may just have a reason for liking another team more. Better o-line, Larry Fitzgerald, warm weather. It doesn't mean he doesn't like the Chiefs. He's just looking for something we don't offer.

The Cardinals are 14+ million over the cap. Unless they're going to make serious cuts or restructures there's no way they can afford Manning. I want a Mazerati but that doesn't mean I can afford one. :smile

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
The Cardinals are 14+ million over the cap. Unless they're going to make serious cuts or restructures there's no way they can afford Manning. I want a Mazerati but that doesn't mean I can afford one. :smile

Me, too! I have $12.37 saved toward one now, but I am accepting donations! :lol:

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 05:58 PM

That's true. The most likely thing I can think of is that we were not as willing to get Wayne and the rest the guys that are out there that are former Colts. It's being reported he wants at least Wayne with him. WR is not a weak point so maybe we said we would be more interested in upgrading the team then Wayne and that's when he said no. It could be many different things though.

okikcfan
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Me, too! I have $12.37 saved toward one now, but I am accepting donations! :lol:

I'll start saving now for my donation to you good sir.:lol:

nigeriannightmare
03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
U know some of his worst outings were against romeos defense....that may have an impact.

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Pretty much what Dbolan said, our drafts have been mediocre and we havnt been active in FA. I realize he came here a year after our 2-14 season but he inherited a ton of young talented players, tons to build off of and hasnt done much with it.

The fail is strong with this one...

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2012/02/DoubleFacepalm.jpg

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Pretty much what Dbolan said, our drafts have been mediocre and we havnt been active in FA. I realize he came here a year after our 2-14 season but he inherited a ton of young talented players, tons to build off of and hasnt done much with it.

Berry,Moaki,Houston,Mccluster,Succop, are mediocre?

Steve Breaston didn't help the team. Jones didn't in 2010 when he almost got 1,000 yards?

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 09:55 PM
You think jones was a good pick up? Haha

I want you to compare Berry, Moaki, mccluster, succop and houston

How many of them are pro bowlers? Berry. 1 Guy. Why dont you compare those picks to Jamaal charles, Brandon flowers, Brandon carr and Dwayne Bowe

Matt what is it going to take? What is it going to take for you to see that we arent on the right track? What if we go 7-9 next year, what will you think then?

The pro bowl is a popularity contest nothing more. So who cares how many of them are pro bowlers.

What is it going to take for you to see that we're building a team. It's not done in one year, two or even three but over time. If we go 10-6 or better what will you think then?

Its common knowledge that it takes lineman on both sides of the ball three years to get up to speed. Dorsey and Jackson have both started getting good during or after their 3rd season. We've got free agency starting tomorrow, a draft and we're getting back all four starting guys that were out injured.

It's all gotta be doom and gloom for you doesn't it. Yeah we won the division in 2010 but we didn't win a playoff game. Yeah we came within a field goal of winning the division crown again this year with 4 guys out to injury but we didn't. Good grief!

:ninerssuck:

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM

How many of them are pro bowlers? Berry. 1 Guy. Why dont you compare those picks to Jamaal charles, Brandon flowers, Brandon carr and Dwayne Bowe

Matt what is it going to take? What is it going to take for you to see that we arent on the right track? What if we go 7-9 next year, what will you think then?

So by your logic Cassel was a Great pickup would you say that he went to a pro bowl. So he's a great pick up??????

Whats it going to take? It's going to take this team clearly going backwards. Last year was a step back. Yes. But why? A good part was due to injuries. Then you had a head coach who had his head up his rear and refused to get A horrible qb out of there. That coach is GONE those players who were lost are comeing back. There is no lockout to mess things up. Even with all that if we dont miss a field goal or Bowe doesn't drop a td pass against Oakland at arrowhead we are sitting on back to back AFC west titles. I don't see that as clearly going backwards. Compared to where we were that's miles ahead of where we were.

If you want to win the offseason that's fine. But that just doesn't work out to often. Philly won the offseason last year for years the Redskins did. They have as many superbowl rings in that time as the Chiefs do 0. No matter if you like it or not theres more then one way to build a team. And that's what we are doing. Building a TEAM not loading up on stars.

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
The pro bowl is a popularity contest nothing more. So who cares how many of them are pro bowlers.

What is it going to take for you to see that we're building a team. It's not done in one year, two or even three but over time. If we go 10-6 or better what will you think then?

Its common knowledge that it takes lineman on both sides of the ball three years to get up to speed. Dorsey and Jackson have both started getting good during or after their 3rd season. We've got free agency starting tomorrow, a draft and we're getting back all four starting guys that were out injured.

It's all gotta be doom and gloom for you doesn't it. Yeah we won the division in 2010 but we didn't win a playoff game. Yeah we came within a field goal of winning the division crown again this year with 4 guys out to injury but we didn't. Good grief!

:ninerssuck:

THIS

jap1
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM

You realize that Moeaki had better receiving stats than Tony G did in his rookie year, and was considered an excellent blocker?

Houston is a rookie that missed the offseason training camps because of the lockout. Tamba Hali didnt look all too good in his rookie year.

Give it some time. I know you hate Pioli, but I dont think anyone can pass judgement that he is horrible in the draft.

Ryfo18
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
So by your logic Cassel was a Great pickup would you say that he went to a pro bowl. So he's a great pick up??????

Waiting for My Man Orton's response to this one.

His arguments consist of nothing more than rattling off "Pro Bowlers" that we didn't draft but could have. If a guy doesn't come out and go to the Pro Bowl in his rookie year, well he must be a bust!

By the way, Houston rated as the 2nd best OLB in the league according to ProFootballFocus in the last 8 games of the season. He was an excellent 3rd round pick.

KCCF
03-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Waiting for My Man Orton's response to this one.

His arguments consist of nothing more than rattling off "Pro Bowlers" that we didn't draft but could have. If a guy doesn't come out and go to the Pro Bowl in his rookie year, well he must be a bust!

By the way, Houston rated as the 2nd best OLB in the league according to ProFootballFocus in the last 8 games of the season. He was an excellent 3rd round pick.

But they went to the pro bowl!!! They HAVE to be future HoFamers!!! Lol

Canada
03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
But they went to the pro bowl!!! They HAVE to be future HoFamers!!! LolHes using my man ortons logic...you seem to agree with him....sarcasm is all you can come up with?

Canada
03-13-2012, 01:32 AM

Can't be arguedNope...unless someone pointed out that we lost to pit 13-9 with Palko and could have easily done what Denver did, but with Orton. Other than that...no...cant be argued

dbolan
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Even the KC upper brass admitted to poor depth (in other words, poor choices) but for anyone else to say it, repeat it, or whatever, seems to be defamation.

Money does need to be spent. Other teams have done a shatty job of spending cash on big names that was there own POOR judgement. You can PAY the right people to fill the gaps and get to the top.

WE NEED:

QB competition
Another very good RB
OL HELP
Another WR
Defensive depth

pojote
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Berry,Moaki,Houston,Mccluster,Succop, are mediocre?

Why you left out Hudson? why? whyyyyyy?
:whipping1:

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Even the KC upper brass admitted to poor depth (in other words, poor choices) but for anyone else to say it, repeat it, or whatever, seems to be defamation.

Money does need to be spent. Other teams have done a shatty job of spending cash on big names that was there own POOR judgement. You can PAY the right people to fill the gaps and get to the top.

WE NEED:

QB competition
Another very good RB
OL HELP
Another WR
Defensive depth
No one has a problem with people talking about team needs. Its that when people preface posts with hahaha...and then put their "constructive criticism" out there, it comes across as bashing. Or perhaps the fact that some people NEVER say anything good about these guys makes it seem like that person is "bashing the team" You look at our needs and we are no that far off considering we are 2 seasons removed from going 4-12. Rome was not built in a day, no matter how bad u want it to be. Name one other team in the NFL that has all their draft picks from the last three years on the team still.

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:19 AM
And not spending a ton of $$ and rolling it over into this season is the main reason we have $60+ million available to spend. Its the reason we have a lot of our young talent locked up long term. Im glad they dont throw money at every FA available.

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:20 AM
^^See...people like this do not appear to be Chiefs fans to me. No matter how much they whine and complain. :ninerssuck:

dbolan
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
And not spending a ton of $$ and rolling it over into this season is the main reason we have $60+ million available to spend. Its the reason we have a lot of our young talent locked up long term. Im glad they dont throw money at every FA available.

I agree...The 60mil is there due to lack of spending but now, it seems as if it will get spent and I am sure a good portion will be allocated towards....FA's!

Regardless, change is coming.

KCraised
03-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Nope...unless someone pointed out that we lost to pit 13-9 with Palko and could have easily done what Denver did, but with Orton. Other than that...no...cant be argued

Don't forget to offset that Pitt game with the SD gift from Rivers. Oh wait, its being argued

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't forget to offset that Pitt game with the SD gift from Rivers. Oh wait, its being arguedOh...so you admit that it can be argued...you seem like the guy who said it cant

dbolan
03-13-2012, 10:34 AM
^^See...people like this do not appear to be Chiefs fans to me. No matter how much they whine and complain. :ninerssuck:

So, you never b*tch or complain about a player or a coach? If you do, or have, then maybe some could consider you a NON-Chiefs fan. LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Can't be argued

Don't forget to offset that Pitt game with the SD gift from Rivers. Oh wait, its being argued, looks like Canada is right again:sFl_canada2:

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
So, you never b*tch or complain about a player or a coach? If you do, or have, then maybe some could consider you a NON-Chiefs fan. LOL!! :lol: :lol:Never said that...I dont however preface complaints about team/players with hahaha...like im glad there is another failure somewhere. Thats the difference. I clearly said there is not a problem with constructive criticism. I just dont take as much pride in the failures as some.

KCraised
03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
:sFl_canada2:

Damnit, I never said you were right, you quote manipulator...haha

tornadospotter
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Never said that...I dont however preface complaints about team/players with hahaha...like im glad there is another failure somewhere. Thats the difference. I clearly said there is not a problem with constructive criticism. I just dont take as much pride in the failures as some.
:kc:Well said my friend, well said.

Now :beer:

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 11:38 AM
:kc:Well said my friend, well said.

Now :beer:

I'll take a Diet Coke! :toast2:

Canada
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Damnit, I never said you were right, you quote manipulator...haha

:lol: :sFl_canada2: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I'll take a Diet Coke! :toast2:You say that on facebook and you will get an infraction!! :chiefs:

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
You say that on facebook and you will get an infraction!! :chiefs:

Oh goodie! I'm heading there now! :toast2: :D

Bike
03-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think we're out of the Manning sweepstakes yet. Manning has been here before. He knows Crennel, Pioli, Cooter, etc. He didn't visit KC because - we flew to him. We'll see, but I think there is still an outside shot...

azchiefsfan
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
NFL.com news: Three reasons teams should pause in pursuit of Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82790c9a/article/three-reasons-teams-should-pause-in-pursuit-of-peyton-manning?module=HP11_content_stream)

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
NFL.com news: Three reasons teams should pause in pursuit of Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82790c9a/article/three-reasons-teams-should-pause-in-pursuit-of-peyton-manning?module=HP11_content_stream)

#1 is cause for pause for me.

Jrudi
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think we're out of the Manning sweepstakes yet. Manning has been here before. He knows Crennel, Pioli, Cooter, etc. He didn't visit KC because - we flew to him. We'll see, but I think there is still an outside shot...

I kind-of agree with you on this...

I believe that we are all "in the dark" with what is really going on...I don't think he is showing his cards yet, he knows to keep his poker face on til there is ink in place...

So many mis-reports flying around its hard to believe..now with Miami trading Marshall you wonder if this knocks them out of the hunt, or if they are freeing up space to add Wayne to lure in Manning...Just not sure

I just still can't bring myself to think the Broncos or Cardinals provide a better situation for Manning to "win now" than the Chiefs and Seahawks??? (two teams who just missed out on the playoffs last year)

I've also heard the theory that those visits were a tactic to drive up the price for the Chiefs and Seahawks (kinda like a girl playing hard to get, and pulling the jealousy bit by flirting with your rival ie: Broncos for Chiefs, and Cardinals for Seahawks)

just not so sure anyone knows what's going on...

matthewschiefs
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Why you left out Hudson? why? whyyyyyy?
:whipping1:

LOL didn't think of him. Guess it's one of those the O line gets no credit things.

whackojacko58
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
peyton come on down!!

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
peyton come on down!!
you're the next contestant....:bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Connie didnt u say that a reliable source said bowe was likely to go to san fran, then i read that san fran wasnt gonna spend more than 4 or 5 million for a receiver to compliment crabtree. I think that there is gonna be a lot of dis inforation out of one arrowhead drive, i had someone swear up and down that fisher was our next hc.

Dont thinn any of us willknow anything until the day it happens....the new england way. No one knows what thet are up to.....ever.

dbolan
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Connie didnt u say that a reliable source said bowe was likely to go to san fran, then i read that san fran wasnt gonna spend more than 4 or 5 million for a receiver to compliment crabtree. I think that there is gonna be a lot of dis inforation out of one arrowhead drive, i had someone swear up and down that fisher was our next hc.

Dont thinn any of us willknow anything until the day it happens....the new england way. No one knows what thet are up to.....ever.

Maybe the source is reliable in regards to "giving" information but "reliable" information...Another story. :D :lol:

TopekaRoy
03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Maybe the source is reliable in regards to "giving" information but "reliable" information...Another story. :D :lol:

:lol: Any information that isn't reporting a "done deal" right now is going to be "iffy" at best. Even with official signings I still want to see two or three sources before I completely believe it.

Canada
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I kind-of agree with you on this...

I believe that we are all "in the dark" with what is really going on...I don't think he is showing his cards yet, he knows to keep his poker face on til there is ink in place...

So many mis-reports flying around its hard to believe..now with Miami trading Marshall you wonder if this knocks them out of the hunt, or if they are freeing up space to add Wayne to lure in Manning...Just not sure

I just still can't bring myself to think the Broncos or Cardinals provide a better situation for Manning to "win now" than the Chiefs and Seahawks??? (two teams who just missed out on the playoffs last year)

I've also heard the theory that those visits were a tactic to drive up the price for the Chiefs and Seahawks (kinda like a girl playing hard to get, and pulling the jealousy bit by flirting with your rival ie: Broncos for Chiefs, and Cardinals for Seahawks)

just not so sure anyone knows what's going on...Wayne resigned with Indy
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/sports/pro/Wayne-Resigns-With-Colts-142582895.html