PDA

View Full Version : Tebow the free agent

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
There a reports that if/when Manning signs with the broncos that Tebow will be released. Further reports state that the relationship is irreparable regardless of Manning signing or not.

Anyone think there is enough raw talent in the kid to be a viable addition here? He is one hell of a football player just needs some pro level position coaching.

whackojacko58
03-12-2012, 02:25 PM
mmmm

matthewschiefs
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
You no I wouldn't mind it at all. They guy WINS. I saw the Pittsburgh game in the playoffs and he LOOKED LIKE A QB For more then the 4th. I don't agree with Mr. Skip Bayless often but I do agree that the Donkeys ownership and coaching staff not being 100% hurt him a bit. If we were to bring him in give him time to get better not just throw him to the wolves then I think he could be a good QB in time.

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Well, I don't like the idea getting Tebow, but he might not be a bad BACK-UP! If everyone insists on getting a QB who can't throw the ball (Manning!) we might as well have one who is mobile (NOT Manning!).

And if we don't fix our o-line, it might be a good idea to have a QB who can run for his life! :lol:

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 02:41 PM
There a reports that if/when Manning signs with the broncos that Tebow will be released. Further reports state that the relationship is irreparable regardless of Manning signing or not.

Anyone think there is enough raw talent in the kid to be a viable addition here? He is one hell of a football player just needs some pro level position coaching.

I think the guy would make a great TE for the Chiefs. As a QB he may have "just won" last year but I don't see him repeating it for a second season as a QB.

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the guy would make a great TE for the Chiefs. As a QB he may have "just won" last year but I don't see him repeating it for a second season as a QB.

I like that too---a tight end/full back. I'm sure he can block. Can he catch the ball out of the backfield?

whackojacko58
03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
in the steelers game he did a play action play to thomas all game it was the only throw he could make, it was like watching a madden game where the d never figures out the one play the offense repeats repeats repeats

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 03:21 PM
in the steelers game he did a play action play to thomas all game it was the only throw he could make, it was like watching a madden game where the d never figures out the one play the offense repeats repeats repeats

With a full off season and time to prep for playing them two times I would say it's safe to say that the Chiefs D won't be fooled by to many plays like that.

As for having hands that can catch the ball I've always been told that the QB has the best hands. After all teams that ran/run out of a shotgun the QB catches the ball every play so I'd hope he can catch the ball anywhere on the field.

KCraised
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I totally Agree. Fullback

AkChief49
03-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Tebow could play linebacker. Dude is big and fast enough. So when we play the Donks line him up to rush the passer.

Jrudi
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
all nice suggestions with the position changes but NO!

Hey, I like Tebow as a person, but I don't want that distraction on my team....Even though he is a good guy, it would tear apart our locker room having to deal with the media constantly questioning about Tebow, and weather or not he would be the starter AT QB! not another position...

Why do you think Denver is going after Manning? It's the only way they can get out of the Tebow debacle without a huge fan uproar...

They don't just want Manning, they want a way out! and I don't want to be in that situation

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Hey, I like Tebow as a person, but I don't want that distraction on my team....Even though he is a good guy, it would tear apart our locker room having to deal with the media constantly questioning about Tebow, and weather or not he would be the starter AT QB! not another position...

Why do you think Denver is going after Manning? It's the only way they can get out of the Tebow debacle without a huge fan uproar...

They don't just want Manning, they want a way out! and I don't want to be in that situation

I agree 100%. I was just trying to be funny in my other posts.

trck7766
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Tebow would make a good TE for the Chiefs, or wildcat option.

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 05:34 PM

At some point if this grand plan works out and we become a contender the media will come pick us apart anyway. I don't think his teammates have an issue with him to the extent most opposing fan bases do.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I don't see anyone other than Cassel as our starting qb this season and I think Orton will find a better opportunity for himself on another team. Beyond those two there really isn't a great quarterback to be had, Manning excluded.

If they could pick him up, let him have a shot at starting then evaluate and coach him during the season assuming he can't beat Cassel out, he could be something in the near future. I'd be ok with him as the #2 behind Matt if he should get injured again this season, he can't be any worse than Palko.

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
IMO Elway wants to get away from him because John is a d-bag. He wants a classic pocket qb also, but mostly because he's a horse faced idiot.

OPLookn
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
At some point if this grand plan works out and we become a contender the media will come pick us apart anyway. I don't think his teammates have an issue with him to the extent most opposing fan bases do.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I don't see anyone other than Cassel as our starting qb this season and I think Orton will find a better opportunity for himself on another team. Beyond those two there really isn't a great quarterback to be had, Manning excluded.

If they could pick him up, let him have a shot at starting then evaluate and coach him during the season assuming he can't beat Cassel out, he could be something in the near future. I'd be ok with him as the #2 behind Matt if he should get injured again this season, he can't be any worse than Palko.

I think Orton's window of opportunity is quickly fading. The Redskins are taking RG3, Miami is in the hunt for Manning, Denver sure as heck won't resign Orton and the Cardinals are already over their cap. I don't know of to many other places that Orton won't have to go in and win the job and if he's already having to do that he might as well do it in a place where he's built some chemistry.

While I realize he's going to hit the free agent market I'm not sure if he's going to get what he wants.

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
IMO Elway wants to get away from him because John is a d-bag. He wants a classic pocket qb also, but mostly because he's a horse faced idiot.

That seems a little harsh, but the Broncos do appear to have trouble evaluating quarterbacks. They traded Cutler for Orton, then benched Orton for Tebow. Ironically as soon as they released Orton, Tebow started losing. Now they want to ditch Tebow for Manning. If the Broncos are interested in Manning, that's the biggest indication I have seen so far to stay away from him!

Jrudi
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM

I think Cassel will be our starter as well, and don't thikn there is anyone available other than Manning that I would want..

But this statement "Be ok with him a #2 behind Matt" that is exactly why the Broncos want to get rid of him, and other teams will shy away from signing him unless they plan to start him.

He can't be on a team and be a backup because it will become a distraction to the team...Do you not remember last season?? This is exactly why we had Orton at the end of the year, he wasn't playing as good so Quinn didn't even get a shot, Tebow jumped his roster spot and was awarded the starting spot.

He can't be 2nd string!

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Excellent point Jrudi. The media has created a monster with him.

#58ChiefsFan
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
That seems a little harsh, but the Broncos do appear to have trouble evaluating quarterbacks. They traded Cutler for Orton, then benched Orton for Tebow. Ironically as soon as they released Orton, Tebow started losing. Now they want to ditch Tebow for Manning. If the Broncos are interested in Manning, that's the biggest indication I have seen so far to stay away from him!

It makes it ok because I put IMO before it :D

kcvet
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM

ive said all along YES !!!!

TopekaRoy
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
It makes it ok because I put IMO before it :D

Oh. Well ... carry on then! :lol:

Coach
03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
No way would I want Tebow. No way. Orton is bad enough. I don't want Bronco retreads.

tornadospotter
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Say all you want about how Tebow is not a NFL QB, he does not have this or that, what ever. What he does have is will! What he is, a playmaker, he finds a way to win.. I would sign him. He is a leader on and off the field.

But of course he will need a scrubbing to get that donk stink washed away.

bricooper78
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
He'd be great in several other spots, TE/FB even a "short yardage"/2nd RB..
Then you can always use him in wildcat, if we ever decide to try that option.

As a gadget type player, he's excellent. As a QB only, no way, I'd never sign him. He's a good kid, great morals (man i hope they don't turn up pics of him and a bunch of prostitutes passed out on the sidewalk, booze and needles strewn about) but as far as being an nfl quarterback, i don't think he can do it.

Seek
03-13-2012, 09:01 AM
No way would I want Tebow. No way. Orton is bad enough. I don't want Bronco retreads.

I wouldn't even take him as a back up, but gotta say that is a nice avatar.

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
No..

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
He'll be "A Man Without A Team".

70 chiefsfan70
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I would love to see him here.

He is as good of an athlete as any that play the game.

He is a team player.

He is a fierce competitor.

He is a leader and gets the best out of every player.

He has good hands and speed and could play lots of positions, TE, RB, FB, and of course second or third string QB. I think he could cover a TE in the end zone as good or better then anyone we have on the roster.

He even could be great special teams player, possible even make a good kickoff returner.

But most of all he would help our offense score in the redzone, imagine the chiefs playing 2 TE's (Moeaki and Tebowe) both would need to be double teamed and then handing the ball of to Charles. Thats got TOUCHDOWN all over it.

ps: I think the media hype will die down as he isn't responding back like say Moss, or TO would.

70 chiefsfan70
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM

What would our record have been if tebowe had been our backup qb last year.

We would definately made the playoffs.

kcvet
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
they threw him to the wolves after booting Orton. he got em to the PO's and beat the steelers. nough said

#58ChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
After the season has ended, looking back at him I don't think he's going to be a one hit wonder. Im not saying he's going to be elite but I think he will be better than what we have the day before free agency starts.

Nst88r
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
--hey guys, what about an exclusive thread for all the news about the free agency?

Greetings from Paraguay:chiefs::bananen_smilies046:

Bike
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
No..
Now here's a man that doesn't mince words...:toast2:

OPLookn
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
--hey guys, what about an exclusive thread for all the news about the free agency?

Greetings from Paraguay:chiefs::bananen_smilies046:

Ask and you shall receive...

Chiefs signings - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19857)

Nst88r
03-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Ask and you shall receive...

Thanks!:bananen_smilies046:

And about this kid Tebow, his not a great QB but, he makes his way to win games. Anyone here would be happy if we sign him?

chief31
03-13-2012, 10:26 PM
The hype is a distraction.

I believe Tebow could be a very good QB, and possibly a good starter at a number of other positions.

But I think the hype is going to be his undoing.