PDA

View Full Version : RT Eric winston released.

nigeriannightmare
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
He started 87 of 92 games for the texans is he a tackle we should pursue....he may ve pricey but sounds durable and is an upgrade over the current rt.

jap1
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
After him being released, I think I want him more than I want Nicks or Grubbs. The only reason I wanted to get a guard in FA was because there were no RTs available, now there are (Levi Brown is also going to be available, but I think he is overrated).

I say sign Winston, then draft DeCastro. If you cant get Winston, then go after Nicks/Grubbs and draft the best out of Reiff/Martin.

Coach
03-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Supposedly Eric Winston wants a boatload of money. Hopefully we can fid a way to land him.

nigeriannightmare
03-12-2012, 09:58 PM
After him being released, I think I want him more than I want Nicks or Grubbs. The only reason I wanted to get a guard in FA was because there were no RTs available, now there are (Levi Brown is also going to be available, but I think he is overrated).

I say sign Winston, then draft DeCastro. If you cant get Winston, then go after Nicks/Grubbs and draft the best out of Reiff/Martin.

So hes simply being released because of money no injury or weird illness. I cant remember an off season with so many options and it all starts tmrw. Woohoo!

AkChief49
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Supposedly Eric Winston wants a boatload of money. Hopefully we can fid a way to land him.
He was due 5.5 mil this year. and was not interested in restructuring.

josh1971
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Yep- since he was released, talk to the guy tonight!

LOBBS
03-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see the Chiefs bring him in. That would take the pressure off to go O-line in the first and they could land Poe.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Personally Id rather sin Nicks or Grubbs and draft a RT

pojote
03-13-2012, 08:47 AM

Totally agree.

Jrudi
03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Would love it!

The only reason I would rather have this guy now is because of the phrase "money is worth more to me now...than in the future"

If we can land a solid, young, durrable, smart RT NOW why wouldn't we, rather than saying..well maybe we should wait to see what happens with this guard..then it will be too late, and we could miss out on top prospects at both position groups and find ourselves scrambling. (This dude also seems like a Pioli-type guy: 71 consecutive starts, only not starting his first 7 games as a rookie, graduated witha 3.5 GPA with a Business Finance Major, Went into College as a TE (Versatile), Hasn't missed any time due to injury)

My opinion: Sign this guy quick, and go for Decasto in the draft, and Soliai in FA, or Grubbs/Nicks in FA and Poe in the Draft...

I like the sound of that...Manning who? We could win with Matt Cassel now! haha

beaver25
03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see Winston and Nicks signed, then draft Poe!
And maybe Tolbert.

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Lets spend our Manning money!!

Jrudi
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
This is exactly why I can live without manning... If we sign Manning, we will be limited on what FA's we could go after...

Realistically we could probably go after this guy, Nicks, and Soliai (not saying this is a reality) but it is a possibility with how much space we have...With manning, we have A LOT less to work with

Canada
03-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I would love to see Winston and Nicks in FA and then I could see drafting Dontari Poe.

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM

...THIS!

gcsofa
03-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see Winston and Nicks signed, then draft Poe!
And maybe Tolbert.

This would be great, if it happens!

josh1971
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
A whole off season, no Todd Haley... if we fill some gaps and build some depth, this could be a fun season!

KCCF
03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
We don't need Poe. The guy did great for himself at the combine, but his stats for 3 years are honestly mediocre given the competition he had. He had 1 sack all of last season. And I know OUR lineman aren't supposed to get them(sacks) but how do you get one whole sack playing people like Arkansas state?

70 chiefsfan70
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM

You are "RIGHT on the MONEY!

Why on earth would we want to put that kind of money in one basket, especially with the health concerns, and even without it. Look at Cassel, Moeaki, Charles and Berry! Anyone can go down.

We would have a much better guarentee for our money by signing some of these proven and much younger players of great need.

chiefnut
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
I would love to see Winston and Nicks in FA and then I could see drafting Dontari Poe.

I too would be a lovin' it mon, but is no gonna happin mon, maybe we be a gittin winston but nix on Nicks....way to much money mon. i tink we be a bargin huntin ya knoe der mon.:punk:

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I too would be a lovin' it mon, but is no gonna happin mon, maybe we be a gittin winston but nix on Nicks....way to much money mon. i tink we be a bargin huntin ya knoe der mon.:punk:
just get back from the islands mon?:biggrin:

Seriously, Nicks and Winston would complete this O line. It would be like jumping in a hot tub time machine back to 2002......

MissingTBone
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
There is no reason we can't sign either Winston or Nicks. I will get a little nervous if we don't land one of them. I think we have gotten as far as we can with our draft picks. We be FA to complete what were building.

#58ChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Per Adam Schefter he is coming for a visit at least.

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Per Adam Schefter he is coming for a visit at least.
you just beat me

Eric Winston draws immediate interest | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/eric-winston-draws-immediate-interest/)

Jrudi
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Good news, and if we land this guy I think it's more of a chance we could see us land DeCastro in the Draft..

Haven't heard any chatter from our camp about Nicks yet so DeCastro it could be

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Good news, and if we land this guy I think it's more of a chance we could see us land DeCastro in the Draft..

I had read that the only team that invited Nicks was the Bucs.

found it

So far, only Bucs have scheduled visit with Carl Nicks | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/so-far-only-bucs-have-scheduled-visit-with-carl-nicks/)

OPLookn
03-13-2012, 11:21 PM

I would be dancing for joy, doing flips and jumping up and down all the same time if we drafted DeCastro. I've wanted him since about 3/4ths of the way through Stanfords schedule.

AkChief49
03-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Says he should clear in a couple of weeks

Texans released Winston with failed physical designation | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/texans-released-winston-with-failed-physical-designation/)

Jrudi
03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I had read that the only team that invited Nicks was the Bucs.

found it

So far, only Bucs have scheduled visit with Carl Nicks | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/so-far-only-bucs-have-scheduled-visit-with-carl-nicks/)

I've heard the Eagles are making a push for him as well, and the Saints are going after Grubbs to fill Nick's spot...

I'm really thinking if we land Winston for RT, DeCastro could be our LG, and I've already heard chatter that the Chiefs are interested in Soliai....

Looks like our major holes would be filled! Well then you add Tolbert, and Carlson and I'm liking this scenario

dbolan
03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Regardless....It will take TIME for all of these changes to mesh with one another as a group

Jrudi
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Regardless....It will take TIME for all of these changes to mesh with one another as a group

So thank goodness there will actually be an off-season program this year...

ctchiefsfan
03-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Hopefully some of it will go to keeping Carr.

OPLookn
03-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Hopefully some of it will go to keeping Carr.

I've seen a few articles saying that the Cowboys will offer Carr 7 million a year. That's not much more than what we paid Routt. If that's the case I really hope Pioli told Carr before he makes any decisions to come back to KC and tell him what he's being offered and that if it's reasonable that we'll match or beat it.

If we did somehow manage to retain Carr...holy cow would our secondary be unbelievable.

ctchiefsfan
03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Exactly!!!

TopekaRoy
03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I've seen a few articles saying that the Cowboys will offer Carr 7 million a year. That's not much more than what we paid Routt. If that's the case I really hope Pioli told Carr before he makes any decisions to come back to KC and tell him what he's being offered and that if it's reasonable that we'll match or beat it.

If we did somehow manage to retain Carr...holy cow would our secondary be unbelievable.

If they are only offering Carr $7 million per year, he would be foolish to sign with them. He can get more than that, and if he doesn't the Chiefs should absolutely match the offer.

josh1971
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Nicks has signed with the Bucs for 47.5 mil. So we won't be getting him, so Winston and whoever that center was that we were supposedly interested in would be great ideas to improve our line before the veteran free agents go poof.