PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Alright all you techies out there; here it is the long awaited Windows 8 Beta version.

A word of advise: if you install this on your main PC then understand that it is temporary and as always it would be a good idea to back your current data up. :smile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download

Enjoy!

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:06 AM
It'll probably be very similar to Windows 7 or atleast not much better. Like how XP was actually much better than Vista. It skips a generation before it improves. :D

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:16 AM
If by "similar to windows 7" you mean a little more like a Mac guided user interface and nothing like windows 7 at all then yes it is. :D

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:18 AM
If by "similar to windows 7" you mean a little more like a Mac guided user interface and nothing like windows 7 at all then yes it is. :D

I havent actually seen Windows 8, but Im just predicting :D

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:18 AM
This gives ya some insight into it.

http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/6.2/main/412de125-189d-47a8-9bad-26170ddc3ba0_55.mp4

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:19 AM
I havent actually seen Windows 8, but Im just predicting :D

I have seen windows 8, and your a tad off base with your prediction. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:20 AM
This gives ya some insight into it.

http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/6.2/main/412de125-189d-47a8-9bad-26170ddc3ba0_55.mp4

wow it doesn't even look like an Operating System

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:23 AM
wow it doesn't even look like an Operating System

Definitely NOT your usual Windows.

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:24 AM
I would recommend that you not install it on your primary machine.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Definitely NOT your usual Windows.

Definitely isn't. Is it an actual OS? or is it kind of like an extention of Windows 7? Looks too simple to be an OS

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:28 AM
I would recommend that you not install it on your primary machine.

nah, i wasn't going to try it anyway.

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Definitely isn't. Is it an actual OS? or is it kind of like an extention of Windows 7? Looks too simple to be an OS

Trust me on this my friend. It IS an Operating System. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Trust me on this my friend. It IS an Operating System. :bananen_smilies046:

interesting. From that video, is that all the OS is? It doesnt even have a desktop with wallpaper and desktop icons and a taskbar.

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
interesting. From that video, is that all the OS is? It doesnt even have a desktop with wallpaper and desktop icons and a taskbar.

It starts out with the start menu in "App" format and from there you can chose to go to your desktop.

OPLookn
03-13-2012, 01:10 PM

I haven't looked at OS8...I mean Windows 8 but as a programmer I'd imagine that they're taking these steps to make the operating system work simply on tablets, phones and computers.

I think well soon see either minimized operating systems for tablets and phones and a separate one for computers or OS's will simply get simpler for all platforms.

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I haven't looked at OS8...I mean Windows 8 but as a programmer I'd imagine that they're taking these steps to make the operating system work simply on tablets, phones and computers.

I think well soon see either minimized operating systems for tablets and phones and a separate one for computers or OS's will simply get simpler for all platforms.

Absolutely agreed. The "Start" menu appears to be designed specifically with touch screens in mind.

matthewschiefs
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I tried it not really to my liking but I will just have to get used to it I guess lol

Chiefster
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I tried it not really to my liking but I will just have to get used to it I guess lol

Did you install it on a secondary machine? I only ask because I think it is recommended that you not install it on your primary. If you have installed it on your primary PC I hope you backed up your data.

matthewschiefs
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Did you install it on a secondary machine? I only ask because I think it is recommended that you not install it on your primary. If you have installed it on your primary PC I hope you backed up your data.

Ya I put it on the secondary computer. I don't intend to use it at home but I am sure that the day it comes out it will be used at work so that's why I will have to get use to it.

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
It starts out with the start menu in "App" format and from there you can chose to go to your desktop.

oh ok

TopekaRoy
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
It looks great if you have a touch screen or a tablet. I don't so I think I will stick with Windows 7 for now. Besides, My hard drive if full of music and great movies. I don't have enough disk space to install it!

Chiefster
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
It looks great if you have a touch screen or a tablet. I don't so I think I will stick with Windows 7 for now. Besides, My hard drive if full of music and great movies. I don't have enough disk space to install it!

That's what TB external hard drives are for! :smile

TopekaRoy
03-15-2012, 06:10 AM
That's what TB external hard drives are for! :smile

I bought an 80GB Hard drive several years ago and thought that would be plenty to supplement the 40 GB HD my computer had. :lol:

I filled the 250 GB on my laptop in less than a year. Now I don't have the money for 1 TB HD so I'm getting by, by dumping files onto DVD-Rs ... 4.7 Gigabytes at a time!

I need to save up and get a new external HD. I guess the Maserati will just have to wait. http://spectacle-boat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Frowney%20Face.jpg

kcvet
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Beta means testing testing so they want feedback from the consumer. no thanks. im hangin on to my XP. my machine was having problems from wear and tear. so I put in a rebuilt motherboard and she runs like new. ill keep riding this horse

Chiefster
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Beta means testing testing so they want feedback from the consumer. no thanks. im hangin on to my XP. my machine was having problems from wear and tear. so I put in a rebuilt motherboard and she runs like new. ill keep riding this horse

I Beta tested Windows 7 too and gave them absolutely zero input but got Windows seven at about half price when it finally came out on the shelves just for having tried the Beta version. :D

I gotta tell ya the more I use Windows 8 the more I like it! :yahoo: