PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis vs. Mike Tolbert

jap1
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
So we have visits scheduled with both players. Who would you rather have?

Hillis has had some supposed attitude problems in the past, but ran for almost 1200 yards with our current OC Brian Daboll. Hillis is a great athlete and when he is on his game is well rounded.

We all know Tolbert from San Diego as the bowling ball that also has good hands and can block.

My opinion, although I think Hillis has more potential to be a more well rounded back, I would lean towards Tolbert.

The reason being is that getting Tolbert hurts San Diego which thereby improves us. Otherwise I would lean more towards Hillis as the better back (I think Crennel and Daboll could help motivate him back to his potential).

I would be very happy with either one, though.

AkChief49
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
So we have visits scheduled with both players. Who would you rather have?

Hillis has had some supposed attitude problems in the past, but ran for almost 1200 yards with our current OC Brian Daboll. Hillis is a great athlete and when he is on his game is well rounded.

We all know Tolbert from San Diego as the bowling ball that also has good hands and can block.

My opinion, although I think Hillis has more potential to be a more well rounded back, I would lean towards Tolbert.

The reason being is that getting Tolbert hurts San Diego which thereby improves us. Otherwise I would lean more towards Hillis as the better back (I think Crennel and Daboll could help motivate him back to his potential).

I would be very happy with either one, though.

They also lost Jackson today. Heh,heh,heh

2010chiefs
03-14-2012, 12:19 AM
I choose Tolbert. He's always been a nightmare for the Chiefs when we played them.

OPLookn
03-14-2012, 12:25 AM

I can hear Cry me a Rivers from KC. I'm going to go with a suggestion from another thread. Take them both. Make one a FB and the other a RB for when we're on the goal line or when we just want to play smash mouth football.

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Hillis would be nice but I don't like his attitude.

KCCF
03-14-2012, 02:27 AM

Although they did lose Jackson, they signed Meacham. He is worse than Jackson so it is a downgrade, but it's better for them than letting a #1 WR walk and not get anything out of it which disapoints me that they got a decent WR :(

texaschief
03-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I like Tolbert better.

Coach
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I lean towards Tolbert because he has Ben playing the re of complimentary back already and doing it quite successfully. My concern with him is injuries. He carries a lot of weight on a small frame. but he would be a great compliment to JC.
My gut tells me that we have a better shot at Hillis because of his success under Daboll and I think he will have a lower price tag. My main concern with him would be his attitude. He really screwed over his team because of his contract dispute during the season. Faking injuries, etc. But he has shown tremendous success under Daboll's system.
At the end of the day, I will be happy with either with either of them and think they are both upgrades over Thomas Jones.

okikcfan
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I lean towards Tolbert because he has Ben playing the re of complimentary back already and doing it quite successfully. My concern with him is injuries. He carries a lot of weight on a small frame. but he would be a great compliment to JC.
My gut tells me that we have a better shot at Hillis because of his success under Daboll and I think he will have a lower price tag. My main concern with him would be his attitude. He really screwed over his team because of his contract dispute during the season. Faking injuries, etc. But he has shown tremendous success under Daboll's system.
At the end of the day, I will be happy with either with either of them and think they are both upgrades over Thomas Jones.

Yea, What Coach said!

MissingTBone
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that we're not getting visits from any of the offensive linemen. We DO need depth at lots of positions but I line is mandatory or were wasting time bringing in rb and te

Chief Concerns
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Chiefs have signed RB Peyton Hillis, per Adam Schefter

:kc:

AkChief49
03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
I wanted Tolbert but somehow knew that Daboll would get his man

matthewschiefs
03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
I like Hillis as long as he is not getting the bulk of the Carries I don't think he is at his best doing that. he should be a good help to Charles.

AkChief49
03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
2012 NFL free agency -- Kansas City Chiefs, Peyton Hillis agree to contract - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7687958/2012-nfl-free-agency-kansas-city-chiefs-peyton-hillis-agree-contract)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/chiefs-announce-the-addition-of-peyton-hillis/

1 year deal

AkChief49
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM
McClain to the Chargers

AkChief49
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Sport Science: Peyton Hillis - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7636587)

your new RB

YZILLA
03-15-2012, 06:33 AM
He fired his horrible agent that was giving him horrible advice from what ive read.

YZILLA
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
We are still gonna look at Tolbert the way it sounds!

chief31
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Good to see you active again Y.

AkChief49
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow, Sd is trying to keep him- did we meet with this guy or what?

Chargers in contract talks to keep Mike Tolbert | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/chargers-in-contract-talks-to-keep-mike-tolbert/)

TopekaRoy
03-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow, Sd is trying to keep him- did we meet with this guy or what?

Chargers in contract talks to keep Mike Tolbert | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/chargers-in-contract-talks-to-keep-mike-tolbert/)
Yeah, we did. That story is a little poorly worded.

Tolbert’s market doesn’t appear to be crawling with suitors, however. The Chiefs signed Peyton Hillis instead of him on Thursday, and Tolbert isn’t known to have taken any other free agent visits.

He means besides meeting with the Chiefs.

Edited to add: Oh, and the "instead of him" part implies that we could only sign one or the other. That is not true. We could still add Tolbert.