PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs get Eric Winston

matthewschiefs
03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
What should they do with there early draft picks. What spots should they Focus on should they trade to get more picks later on. What would you like to see if they get the RT spot taken care of

chief31
03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
What should they do with there early draft picks. What spots should they Focus on should they trade to get more picks later on. What would you like to see if they get the RT spot taken care of
LG and NT would be my next two positions to focus on.

MissingTBone
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
We need to focus on RB next in my opinion sign Tolbert then trade up for Trent Richardson and try to get a good RB in the 2nd!! Sarcasm!! Def need OLine help. Maybe trade Dorsey for a decent pick would be ok with me too.

chief31
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
We need to focus on RB next in my opinion sign Tolbert then trade up for Trent Richardson and try to get a good RB in the 2nd!! Sarcasm!! Def need OLine help. Maybe trade Dorsey for a decent pick would be ok with me too.

Tolbert would be a nice luxury signing. But adding him would give us Charles, Hillis, Tolbert, McCluster, Jones and Battle.

Far from a position that should be filled by creating a huge hole at RDE.

josh1971
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
We're not trading Dorsey.

I would say use the 11th pick for Poe! Put a good NT in there! And my guess is, if we pick up Tolbert, Jones is a casualty of that.

LOBBS
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Poe in the first and pick up the best guard available in the 2nd. If Poe is gone at 11, take DeCastro in the first and get one of the other NT types that should be there in the 2nd.

Chief Concerns
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
If we can pick up Winston, I believe it's still a good idea to look at Poe or Kuechly for 11th overall. However, if neither one is available when our pick comes up, I think it's a good idea to trade down for more picks. Cleveland sits with two first rounders right now and would possibly be looking to trade up for their second pick. We could get the 22nd and 68th overall picks, as well as 3rd- and 5th-round picks in 2013 for 11th overall. Or more likely 22nd and 37th overall for 11th, 139th, 172nd.

Either way, we could be looking at our 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.

:kc:

matthewschiefs
03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
If we can land winston i will deem this our first successful off season, and most importantly i will be satisfied

Wow now that is a surprise

Jrudi
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm thinking Either DeCastro at 11 or trade back and Nab Poe or Cordy Glenn..

Glenn is an interesting prospect because he has played OG, but has the size of a tackle and is being projected as an OT. It would be nice to have the option in case we get into problems with our OT's like we have. Plus having Asamoah (who is also a beast) and Glenn flanking either side of Hudson would be hard to penetrate

KCCF
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
We're not trading Dorsey.

I would say use the 11th pick for Poe! Put a good NT in there! And my guess is, if we pick up Tolbert, Jones is a casualty of that.

Do you guys not understand Poe is ONLY a workout horse. Read any review, watch any film that isn't from the combine. He's an UNDERACHIEVER. Period. He had 1 sad all of last season and had 21 tackles. And playing @ memhpis? The teams they face are awful. Stay the F away from Poe. He's garbage.

KCCF
03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Do you guys not understand Poe is ONLY a workout horse. Read any review, watch any film that isn't from the combine. He's an UNDERACHIEVER. Period. He had 1 sack all of last season and had 21 tackles. And playing @ memhpis? The teams they face are awful. Stay the F away from Poe. He's garbage.

(the repost was of fixing "sad[what i had before] to sack[what i have now])

KristofLaw
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
If we can land winston i will deem this our first successful off season, and most importantly i will be satisfied

Who cares what satisfies you, go to Dallas, Orton will be missed you we can do without. KCChris is that you?

KristofLaw
03-15-2012, 12:16 AM
It was a joke. Glad to see you have a sense of humor

I do have a sense of humour... you just annoy me... and others. You whine like a girl.

OPLookn
03-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm thinking Either DeCastro at 11 or trade back and Nab Poe or Cordy Glenn..

Glenn is an interesting prospect because he has played OG, but has the size of a tackle and is being projected as an OT. It would be nice to have the option in case we get into problems with our OT's like we have. Plus having Asamoah (who is also a beast) and Glenn flanking either side of Hudson would be hard to penetrate

Please oh please draft DeCastro! I've been on his bandwagon for quite some time. Albert, DeCastro, Hudson, Asamoah and Winston...now THAT is a line!! Where do you want to go...oh the end zone? Coming right up. Then put Hillis and possibly Tolbert in the backfield at the same time. Who could stop that? Seriously.

Seek
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Center. I know we have Hudson, but he very well could play Guard. Drafting another center gives us back up at Center and Guard, something we really need.

I don't know who is out there, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade over Belcher. He is pretty inconsistent and teams were running at him trying to stay away from DJ. He is a liability in passing situations.

chiefnut
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
the latest mock drafts have us taking;
tannehill
decastro
richardson
reiff
in other words ??????????

Canada
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Tolbert would be a nice luxury signing. But adding him would give us Charles, Hillis, Tolbert, McCluster, Jones and Battle.

Far from a position that should be filled by creating a huge hole at RDE.We wont have Jones or Battle. Hillis will be a FB, we will still need anther RB (im not advocating trading to get Richardson,but if hes there...) Tolbert is still coming to town today

toyotapower
03-15-2012, 10:12 AM
I think Richardson is out, which I'm fine with. Just too high to draft a running back. I love Decastro, Reiff and Martin. If we pick up Winston in free agency that eliminates two of them. If we don't take Decastro I would like to see us trade back to the end of the first round and get Konz from Wisconsin. Then Hudson could start at guard and we would get a decent return from trading out of 11

Canada
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
It all depends on what we do in FA. If we bolster the line enough then why not take a shot at a QB?

Jrudi
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I think the fact that we didn't go after Nicks or Grubbs at all signals that they are either:

1.) planning on keeping Lilja there for another season and drafting a guy in rounds 2-5 like we did with Asamoah and Hudson to take over after next year.

or

2.) Planning on addressing the need in rounds 1-2 to replace Lilja

OPLookn
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I think the fact that we didn't go after Nicks or Grubbs at all signals that they are either:

1.) planning on keeping Lilja there for another season and drafting a guy in rounds 2-5 like we did with Asamoah and Hudson to take over after next year.

or

2.) Planning on addressing the need in rounds 1-2 to replace Lilja

To go with an internet meme that I couldn't resist....

3) Profit!

Especially with news that it seems that Winston might want to play for the Chiefs or at the very least get paid.

No, Eric Winston, It Is Not Too Obvious - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/3/15/2873989/eric-winston-kansas-city-chiefs)

Jrudi
03-15-2012, 11:55 AM

3) Profit!

Especially with news that it seems that Winston might want to play for the Chiefs or at the very least get paid.

No, Eric Winston, It Is Not Too Obvious - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/3/15/2873989/eric-winston-kansas-city-chiefs)

I saw that story a little bit ago, and it is awsome news!

There was a post referring to the tweet and it was sent to Winston and said "@ericwinston hopefully pioli is just as obvious by wearing your new chiefs jersey."

haha that is awsome!

AkChief49
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I really hope we land Winston-do that first

texaschief
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Anyone hear any movement with Winston?

KristofLaw
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
US, the Rams, the Dolphins and Baltimore seem to be the runners for him thus far no. We need to throw whatever we can get him in a Chiefs jersey at him when the time comes. Screw playing around.

AkChief49
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Not out of it, but why let him get away?

Free-agent right tackle Eric Winston tells We Never Stop Talking Baltimore Sports - WNST.net | (http://WNST.net) he will meet with the #Ravens on Friday. #Baltimore #NFL
Luke Jones (https://twitter.com/#%21/BaltimoreLuke)/ Twitter
Baltimore Ravens and Orioles beat reporter for WNST

KCCF
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM

3) Profit!

If you want get technical its:

3: ?????

4: profit

:p

#58ChiefsFan
03-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I can't speak to the validity of this but I read he wants to be the highest paid RT in the league.

GarH
03-15-2012, 10:27 PM
He's a good RT and I'd love to have him on the Chiefs, but if he wants to be the highest paid RT in the league it's time to move on and find our RT somewhere else.

#58ChiefsFan
03-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Who knows, a couple days ago he was just looking for his base salary, he left for Baltimore, he was just getting started in KC late at night, guess well know something tomorrow. Or not....

AkChief49
03-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Just received updated info: Winston arrived in KC later than scheduled. Got medical stuff done today.
Will continue his meeting with Chiefs tomorrow. Could possibly sign before he gets out of town.
Adam Teicher (adamteicher) on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/adamteicher)

AussieChiefsFan
03-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Would be so good to lock up two positions. Winston at RT and then a good RG from the draft, both to long dontracts

jap1
03-16-2012, 04:47 AM

This is one of the few times I agree with you. But I would also want us to pick up some depth on OL, in the secondary, and LB in that order.
I would actually be ok with Lilja staying the starter at LG, but only if we draft his eventual replacement in the 2-4th rounds. I would be ok with Lilja because zone blocking requires a lot of familiarity/chemistry, and it may take awhile for everyone to click.
That being said, it would be tough to pass on decastro unless we trade down for more picks. I really hope both Trent Richardson and Tannehill are on the board when we pick, so someone wants to trade down with us.

AussieChiefsFan
03-16-2012, 04:51 AM

I would have thought the 2010 offseason was pretty good. Atleast the draft anyway

Chief Concerns
03-16-2012, 05:47 AM
This is one of the few times I agree with you. But I would also want us to pick up some depth on OL, in the secondary, and LB in that order.
I would actually be ok with Lilja staying the starter at LG, but only if we draft his eventual replacement in the 2-4th rounds. I would be ok with Lilja because zone blocking requires a lot of familiarity/chemistry, and it may take awhile for everyone to click.
That being said, it would be tough to pass on decastro unless we trade down for more picks. I really hope both Trent Richardson and Tannehill are on the board when we pick, so someone wants to trade down with us.

From what I've seen lately, Cleveland is expected to go after Tannehill with their first pick, 4th overall, and Tampa Bay is expected to take Richardson with their first pick, 5th overall. I think our best opportunity to trade down then would be with New England, if they were to decide to try to move up for Coples, as many see him as a player they would want to pick up. However, New England is definitely not known for trading up. Maybe if Cleveland sees another player they would like and decides that they would want to trade up from their 2nd pick, 22nd overall.

:kc:

Jrudi
03-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Think the sign that Winston stayed another day in KC is GOOD NEWS!

The last free agency news I heard about a player extending their visit was Mario Williams, and he ended up signing with the team he extended the meeting with.

Think we might have some good news heading into the weekend...

We sign this guy, and I am loving this free agency class. If we can land Tolbert too, it would be Icing on the Cake!

jap1
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
We really need a NT

True, left that out. We ESPECIALLY need one if Gregg retires. I'm not sold on dontari Poe, especially in the top 15, but he won't make it past 20. After him, I don't know much about this NT class.

kckidd8870
03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
IF we want a dominant offensive line,we better get decastro,if we pick up winston.Then we would have a complete line

OPLookn
03-17-2012, 07:07 PM
IF we want a dominant offensive line,we better get decastro,if we pick up winston.Then we would have a complete line

We just signed Winston, take that Peyton Manning! Draft Decastro and watch this line dominate defenses for years!

N TX Dave
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
We just signed Winston, take that Peyton Manning! Draft Decastro and watch this line dominate defenses for years!

That depends on the length of contract Wilson signed if it is a one year deal we will be right back here next year.

#58ChiefsFan
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Four year contract on Winston:bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
03-17-2012, 08:29 PM
All right now we can have a line for four years at least.

jap1
03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I truly feel like we sit in a great position now. If Tannehill OR Richardson are there, I would love it, because we could totally trade down with Cleveland ( for either) or Cincinnati (for Richardson).

Barnett89
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I truly feel like we sit in a great position now. If Tannehill OR Richardson are there, I would love it, because we could totally trade down with Cleveland ( for either) or Cincinnati (for Richardson).

That would be the ideal situation, as now we have picked up Quinn and Hillis, teams are going to be much more comfortable making a trade with us (as they know we are no longer competition for those players) rather than trying to one up us and get ahead a pick or two.

I have a feeling Richardson might be gone before we pick, and depending on how worried Cleveland get that someone could get Tanehill before them, they could well use their 4th overall pick on him. I think it would be far too high for him to go, but everyone seems so desperate to find that franchise QB before anything else these days.

AkChief49
03-18-2012, 01:06 AM
That would be the ideal situation, as now we have picked up Quinn and Hillis,

Weird to think that these two were traded(swapped) for each other a couple of years back.

whackojacko58
03-18-2012, 01:17 AM
i agree freaky there both x donkies and routt and boss x faiders i love it plus winston

AussieChiefsFan
03-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Yea It's funny how the few decent players the faiders have they are releasing and are coming to rival teams i.e. us

TopekaRoy
03-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Yea It's funny how the few decent players the faiders have they are releasing and are coming to rival teams i.e. us

Yep, and with us taking x-QBs from the donkeys, it's almost like the Broncos are a minor league AAA afiliate of the Chiefs.

"Brady Quinn, pack your bags. You have just been called up to the majors!"

:lol: