PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Please.....

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Will somebody please tell me again that our O line is not the problem or not that bad so I can laugh my head off??? If this game doesn't prove it, nothing will!:yahoo:

Possibly the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by an O line!! The only thing worse was the tackling! We made their rushing game look like Jim Brown was carrying the ball the whole game!

hermhater
10-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Throw Broyle in the mix and see it light up!

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Will somebody please tell me again that our O line is not the problem or not that bad so I can laugh my head off??? If this game doesn't prove it, nothing will!:yahoo:

Possibly the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by an O line!! The only thing worse was the tackling! We made their rushing game look like Jim Brown was carrying the ball the whole game!

The O-line isn't what it was the last few years, but it isn't as bad as it looks.

A) Look at the defenses you've faced so far this year...Jax, Chi, MN and Hou all have solid run defenses.

B) Play-calling has sucked...HH and others have suggested that to give the running game a chance you have to spread the field and get some defenders out of the box. Put 3-4 WRs on the field, and force the defense to go smaller. Pass early and often...include screens, draw plays and some misdirection plays in as your running game, after you've gotten the defense loosened up.

Croyle may be the answer or not, but if Huard is hurt, you'll find out quickly.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 02:15 AM
The O-line isn't what it was the last few years, but it isn't as bad as it looks.

A) Look at the defenses you've faced so far this year...Jax, Chi, MN and Hou all have solid run defenses.

B) Play-calling has sucked...HH and others have suggested that to give the running game a chance you have to spread the field and get some defenders out of the box. Put 3-4 WRs on the field, and force the defense to go smaller. Pass early and often...include screens, draw plays and some misdirection plays in as your running game, after you've gotten the defense loosened up.

That was a suspicious injury to me.

I think he is looking for a way out. The hit was not that big, but the angle of the fall might have been bad.

Just didn't look that bad to me.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 04:53 AM

Exactly on both (A) and (B). Well said.

chief31
10-08-2007, 06:55 AM

I think he is looking for a way out. The hit was not that big, but the angle of the fall might have been bad.

You are joking.

sling58
10-08-2007, 06:57 AM
He got drilled into the ground. He didn't try to cop out.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Your kidding right? Pass to open up the run game, yea yea I know how it works, but the last time I checked, the line was suppose to push, not get pushed! Once again, they were in our backfield ALL DAY!!!! Didn't matter what RB was in the game, they weren't getting any yardage period! They were getting tackled immediatly most of the day.

This was my whole point months back when I said TG's numbers may be down a little. They need him to help block so the Rb and Qb actually have some time to do something. Well, his numbers aren't down and look what is happening! Pathetic up front!! Our avg. yards per game was 1.0!!!! They weren't stacking the box all that much but when they did, it definetly wasn't to stop the run, it was to blitz the hell out of our line! Well, it worked!!

chief31
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Your kidding right? Pass to open up the run game, yea yea I know how it works, but the last time I checked, the line was suppose to push, not get pushed! Once again, they were in our backfield ALL DAY!!!! Didn't matter what RB was in the game, they weren't getting any yardage period! They were getting tackled immediatly most of the day.

This was my whole point months back when I said TG's numbers may be down a little. They need him to help block so the Rb and Qb actually have some time to do something. Well, his numbers aren't down and look what is happening! Pathetic up front!! Our avg. yards per game was 1.0!!!! They weren't stacking the box all that much but when they did, it definetly wasn't to stop the run, it was to blitz the hell out of our line! Well, it worked!!

Your trying to utilize a statement that you made in regards to Gonzo doing more pass-blocking, to show how his numbers reflect a need for him to do more run blocking?

On running plays, he is blocking. On passing plays, clearly he has been more effective as a recievre, than if he were in pass-protection. Perhaps the argument could be made, that he needs to be in pass-protection more, but that is irrelevant to the failures of the running game.

Basically, what you appear to be saying is that Gonzo should be pass-blocking more, to somehow keep our offensive linemen from getting shoved around, in the running game. Right?

McLovin
10-08-2007, 09:55 AM

May have known he was about to get pulled, looks better to go out to injury then to get pulled for the kid, never know could be a season ending injury for Huard. Or maybe even a career ending. Maybe it is the time for the Broyle era, hope he is Romo like, he rode the bench for a while before he was awsome.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Your trying to utilize a statement that you made in regards to Gonzo doing more pass-blocking, to show how his numbers reflect a need for him to do more run blocking?

On running plays, he is blocking. On passing plays, clearly he has been more effective as a recievre, than if he were in pass-protection. Perhaps the argument could be made, that he needs to be in pass-protection more, but that is irrelevant to the failures of the running game.

Basically, what you appear to be saying is that Gonzo should be pass-blocking more, to somehow keep our offensive linemen from getting shoved around, in the running game. Right?

Yes. Just like last season. He clearly was doing more pass blocking which in turn helps the running game.

Coach
10-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Don't forget that the O-line was banged up this week. I know Turley didn't start, not sure about McIntosh. But I think everyone would agree that we could use some help on the O-line. It will certainly be an early concern in next year's draft.

sling58
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Don't forget that the O-line was banged up this week. I know Turley didn't start, not sure about McIntosh. But I think everyone would agree that we could use some help on the O-line. It will certainly be an early concern in next year's draft.

One that won't be addressed if Herm does the chosing.

chief31
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Yes. Just like last season. He clearly was doing more pass blocking which in turn helps the running game.

Oh, Hillbilly... You are just going to love me for this one...

:pointlaugh: :owws: :pointlaugh: :lol:

swmochiefsfan
10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
If the O line isn't addressed in the draft we will have the same problems but worse as we are sure to lose a few lineman as is.

sling58
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
If the O line isn't addressed in the draft we will have the same problems but worse as we are sure to lose a few lineman as is.

and qb's, rb's, and te's!

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
and qb's, rb's, and te's!

Exactly!!

sling58
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I still have hope though. We have to get better.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I still have hope though. We have to get better.

After that performance, mine are fading fast!

hermhater
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM

You are joking.

I will wait to make further comment until I see the replay again.

I've seen him take a lot worse shots and scrape himself up off of the grass.

Wasn't joking, but could easily have been wrong.

sling58
10-08-2007, 02:26 PM
it looks like he landed right on the shoulder and no telling what could happen

chief31
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I will wait to make further comment until I see the replay again.

I've seen him take a lot worse shots and scrape himself up off of the grass.

Wasn't joking, but could easily have been wrong.

Replay, or not... How many times have you seen the replay of Priest getting hurt by Roid-boy? It didn't look like much either.

But Huard started the season with an injury and they have been piling-up on him, all season long. He got decked repeatedly in that game and it was only a matter of time, before he would come out of a game.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Replay, or not... How many times have you seen the replay of Priest getting hurt by Roid-boy? It didn't look like much either.

But Huard started the season with an injury and they have been piling-up on him, all season long. He got decked repeatedly in that game and it was only a matter of time, before he would come out of a game.

Yea, I didn't think it looked all that bad either but silly things happen to the human body when 300 pound lineman fall on you all day long!

Now starts the dilemma of who do we draft first, O lineman or a QB? Do we get a QB from FA because Croyle won't be the answer!

hermhater
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Yea, I didn't think it looked all that bad either but silly things happen to the human body when 300 pound lineman fall on you all day long!

Now starts the dilemma of who do we draft first, O lineman or a QB? Do we get a QB from FA because Croyle won't be the answer!

With all of the punting we are doing, I just don't see that much difference between kicking the ball to the other team, or throwing a 40 yard interception.

Let Broyle get some time and let's evaluate the guy.

Maybe we have a star in our midst.

I at least like the guys attitude and arm strength. The other things a QB can learn.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:07 PM
With all of the punting we are doing, I just don't see that much difference between kicking the ball to the other team, or throwing a 40 yard interception.

I at least like the guys attitude and arm strength. The other things a QB can learn.

Doesn't bother me if they bring him in. He can't do anything to improve the line so I hope he can atleast run!!

sling58
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM

We draft a few O linemen to get better and maybe pick up one or two quality ones to plug some holes until the draft picks are ready. I think Croyle will do just fine was we get some guys to protect him.

chief31
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM

I, for one, have been against a first-round quarterback. There is some exaggeration to that. I believe that we could get away with it, if we were to make a serious effort at surrouding that quarterback with O-line help, gathered over the next couple of rounds and free-agency.

I would prefer to get a first-round OT, but ther can be some very good ones that last into the second round, too. (Of course there are exceptions, occaisionally, some late-rounders and undrafteds become starts too.) But then, quarterbacks are the same way. We already have two young QBs, so I would lean toward OT, in a pretty big way.

Well, some of the differences would include... Time of possession; trying to play with fewer downs (not all interceptions occur on third down.); Poor team attitude ( all-around. Who wants to be part of a team that can't do anything offensively, but give the ball away?) I know, we already have that.; and the firngs/forced resignation of personell. If the quarterback looks bad, then the entire organization tends to look bad. (Not that I would be too sad to see many of them go.)

Anyway, I am ready for the Croyle experiment to start. Hopefully, we can protect him. One of my biggest concerns, before the season ever started.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM

I, for one, have been against a first-round quarterback. There is some exaggeration to that. I believe that we could get away with it, if we were to make a serious effort at surrouding that quarterback with O-line help, gathered over the next couple of rounds and free-agency.

I would prefer to get a first-round OT, but ther can be some very good ones that last into the second round, too. (Of course there are exceptions, occaisionally, some late-rounders and undrafteds become starts too.) But then, quarterbacks are the same way. We already have two young QBs, so I would lean toward OT, in a pretty big way.

Well, some of the differences would include... Time of possession; trying to play with fewer downs (not all interceptions occur on third down.); Poor team attitude ( all-around. Who wants to be part of a team that can't do anything offensively, but give the ball away?) I know, we already have that.; and the firngs/forced resignation of personell. If the quarterback looks bad, then the entire organization tends to look bad. (Not that I would be too sad to see many of them go.)

Anyway, I am ready for the Croyle experiment to start. Hopefully, we can protect him. One of my biggest concerns, before the season ever started.

Well, there was a bit of sarcasm meant in my previous statement, I realize that we don't want to have interceptions, but he is young and will turn the ball over, it is just part of the learning curve being a pro QB.

I am impressed with how he has not been chomping at the bit, and causing tension amongst his teammates.

He just comes in and does his job when he is asked too.

I like that attitude and it can really bring a team together in the locker room, as well as on the field.

This team needs some kind of spark to get it going.

sling58
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, there was a bit of sarcasm meant in my previous statement, I realize that we don't want to have interceptions, but he is young and will turn the ball over, it is just part of the learning curve being a pro QB.

I am impressed with how he has not been chomping at the bit, and causing tension amongst his teammates.

I like that attitude and it can really bring a team together in the locker room, as well as on the field.

hopefully some of the other players will see that and put things together.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
We need a spark in the run game! The passing game would be fine if we could actually gain a few yards on the ground.

chief31
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Yeah, I know. I may be just a bit onerey today. I was trying to get Drunkhillbilly going, but he doesn't seem to be in the mood for a quarrel today. Lol.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I know. I may be just a bit onerey today. I was trying to get Drunkhillbilly going, but he doesn't seem to be in the mood for a quarrel today. Lol.

Oh, I guess I missed that!!!

Well here it goes.......The line sucks and I would be pissed If I were LJ too. Who wants to work their a$$ off when it seems like the guys blocking for you don't give a damn? Do they suck that bad? I'm not sure I've seen 1 whole created for him to run through this year.

Priest????? Please, he would be in the same boat! Wait, I do want him to get in the game so everyone else can see that it is a line problem and not an LJ problem. Oh wait again, Bennet and Smith saw time yesterday. What did they do? Got smashed the same way!!

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Well here it goes.......The line sucks and I would be pissed If I were LJ too. Who wants to work their a$$ off when it seems like the guys blocking for you don't give a damn? Do they suck that bad? I'm not sure I've seen 1 whole created for him to run through this year.

Priest????? Please, he would be in the same boat! Wait, I do want him to get in the game so everyone else can see that it is a line problem and not an LJ problem. Oh wait again, Bennet and Smith saw time yesterday. What did they do? Got smashed the same way!!

Whatever it takes to expose this O line is fine by me.

LJ does share some of the blame, but ultimately he needs to produce something in the secondary when he gets the ball passed to him.

He just doesn't look like he is p!ssed off anymore. That is how he runs well, angry.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Whatever it takes to expose this O line is fine by me.

LJ does share some of the blame, but ultimately he needs to produce something in the secondary when he gets the ball passed to him.

He just doesn't look like he is p!ssed off anymore. That is how he runs well, angry.

Produce when he gets the ball passed to him? Hell, I thought he did well to get what few yards he did on those plays. The same thing happens on these swing plays as it does when he is handed the ball. The O line collapses and 3 or more guys are in his face before he knows what to do!!!

Do you guys honestly think that he doesn't care whether he gets any yardage or not? There comes a time when you just can't do anything! This line is the worst in the game! When 3 different backs are running the ball and the result is the same, it's not RB problem anymore, it's an O line problem!! 3 backs, one fast to the outside, another shifty with quick feet and another with brute force, same result for all three!!!

chief31
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM

L.J. has to run it, outside, because that is how football is played. You can not run the same play, over and over, becuse it is predictable. I don't care what L.J.s "fortay" is. If he were to put forth the same kind of effort, then he would become versatile. And, in the NFL, a runningback needs to be versatile. You think teams were "loading the box" last season? Just wait until this season. L.J. likes to run, between the tackles. With a year of having done so, the rest of the league now knows what he likes, and will be stuffing the middle, like never before. He had better learn some new tricks, or you will be spending alot of your time, making excuses for his Cadillac-like numbers.

I don't even know where to start!
Running outside and inside. Do you think all running backs change the way they play from year to year? Don't think so!! They play the way they have played their entire careers!
Cadillac numbers huh? How much money you got??? Mark my words..He will have more attempts, yds, recving yds, and td's than Cadillac!!!

How is drunkhillbilly feeling today? I remember this argument about how desperately I thought we needed offensive linemen, or the ntire offense would struggle. And Someone didn't seem to buy that...then.:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:04 PM
How is drunkhillbilly feeling today? I remember this argument about how desperately I thought we needed offensive linemen, or the ntire offense would struggle. And Someone didn't seem to buy that...then.:lol:

Not sure what your saying but I don't ever remember saying we didn't need help on the line. I was however more interested in getting a WR. We have done that and when we throw the ball, he is the best player on our team.

Cadillacs numbers, how's he doin?

chief31
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Not sure what your saying but I don't ever remember saying we didn't need help on the line. I was however more interested in getting a WR. We have done that and when we throw the ball, he is the best player on our team.

Cadillacs numbers, how's he doin?

Cadillac - 208 yards; 3.9 yard average; 3 TDs.

LJ - 275 yards; 3.3 yard average; 0 TDs.

Winning in one of three catergories isn't all that bad, against a player who won't play again this season.

But for the stats that you mentioned... Carries - LJ. (Impressive) yards - LJ (with two more games under his belt. NICE) Recieving yards - LJ ( again with two more games.) TDs - 3-0, Cadillac (with two fewer games played.)

The overall point being that you spent alot of energy saying that we needed a WR above all else, while I argued that offensive line was the biggest need. Now, we have the WR with no O-line and you are trying to tell us all how bad our offensive line is.

Then, there was this...
He had better learn some new tricks, or you will be spending alot of your time, making excuses for his Cadillac-like numbers.

I've been hearing alot of defending from you, even beyond what is fair to LJ. I'm just sayin'...

Are you gonna make me pat myself on the back here, or can I get a hand?

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Cadillac - 208 yards; 3.9 yard average; 3 TDs.

LJ -

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we would base it on the years total not 4 games. My bad.:lol:

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM
The Cadillac argument is now irrelevant. Caddy is out for the season and LJ has faced most of the toughest run D's he is going to for the season. He could make up all or most of the ground lost in one game this week against Cincy.

Polleo Pit Man
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM

I agree, but lets throw Ty Law in there with em cause i think he was 20 yds off his reciever all day. He sucks!

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree, but lets throw Ty Law in there with em cause i think he was 20 yds off his reciever all day. He sucks!

Oh I'm with ya there man!!

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM

Chiefster...I think Law needs that walker back...:D

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 12:36 AM
The Cadillac argument is now irrelevant. Caddy is out for the season and LJ has faced most of the toughest run D's he is going to for the season. He could make up all or most of the ground lost in one game this week against Cincy.

Agreed. The bungles have (I think) an entire two active linebackers right now. We still need some serious holy-man action though. GIMME PRIEST!!! :yahoo:

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Agreed. The bungles have (I think) an entire two active linebackers right now. We still need some serious holy-man action though. GIMME PRIEST!!! :yahoo:

TESTIFY!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 12:39 AM

Let's see what it does!

Priest was a record holder for a few seasons, and can do it again.

Maybe this is what needs to be done to change the offensive impotence!
:sign0098::11:

Polleo Pit Man
10-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Let's see what it does!

Priest was a record holder for a few seasons, and can do it again.

Maybe this is what needs to be done to change the offensive impotence!
:sign0098::11:
Id love to see Priest! He dont have $$ in his eyes! He has somthin to prove! Could our line make a block though? Thats the question?

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Id love to see Priest! He dont have $$ in his eyes! He has somthin to prove! Could our line make a block though? Thats the question?

If anything could motivate Waters Wiegmann & co. to muster something up, it would be the return of #31

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I agree that part of the problem is LJ and his attitude (not skills, ATTITUDE)...however couldn't the coaching staff do a better job of putting him and the other players on the offense in a better possition to succeed...if you want to run outside, run a toss play not a sweep...LJ doesn't have sideline to sideline speed...you can run outside, but watch some film of how Pitt used to get Bettis outside, or Houston/TN did w/ Eddie George...and just to beat a dead horse again, line-up a formation that puts more "small guys" on the field for the defense...(i.e. 3-4 WR sets)

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I agree that part of the problem is LJ and his attitude (not skills, ATTITUDE)...however couldn't the coaching staff do a better job of putting him and the other players on the offense in a better possition to succeed...if you want to run outside, run a toss play not a sweep...LJ doesn't have sideline to sideline speed...you can run outside, but watch some film of how Pitt used to get Bettis outside, or Houston/TN did w/ Eddie George...and just to beat a dead horse again, line-up a formation that puts more "small guys" on the field for the defense...(i.e. 3-4 WR sets)

Down with Solari! rbedgood for ocord!!!

Vote rbedgood!! :mob:

hermhater
10-09-2007, 02:40 AM

HERM does not do that.

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:41 AM
HERM will not do that.

FYP!

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
FYP!

I wouldn't go anywhere near his post. :lol:

chief31
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we would base it on the years total not 4 games. My bad.:lol:

Well injury has granted you a gift.

The origional Cadillac staement was about Cadillacs '06 numbers and how Hillbilly was going to be defending LJs poor numbers this season.

Knowing that it wouldn't be LJs fault, entirely, but expecting alot of problems from our offensive line. That is the basis for why I wanted to trade LJ away. I expected that he would struggle because of our line and LJs percieved value was as high as it could ever be. Therefore, I wanted to try and get as much of that value as possible, since we were unlikely to get much value from him without an offensive line.

All that is aside from the issues of LJ having a bad attitude and not putting forth much effort on many plays.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
The team actually respects Priests. Maybe they will have more motivation to block for him. Itd be great to see 31 back out there again.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Well injury has granted you a gift.

The origional Cadillac staement was about Cadillacs '06 numbers and how Hillbilly was going to be defending LJs poor numbers this season.

Knowing that it wouldn't be LJs fault, entirely, but expecting alot of problems from our offensive line. That is the basis for why I wanted to trade LJ away. I expected that he would struggle because of our line and LJs percieved value was as high as it could ever be. Therefore, I wanted to try and get as much of that value as possible, since we were unlikely to get much value from him without an offensive line.

All that is aside from the issues of LJ having a bad attitude and not putting forth much effort on many plays.

Like a true businessman... Take notes, Carl!

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:00 AM
Like a true businessman... Take notes, Carl!

He probably doesn't have the internet either.

:D:toast2:

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:52 AM
He probably doesn't have the internet either.

:D:toast2:

That interweb thangy confuses him.