PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Brodie starting

luv
10-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Is Brodie Croyle the QBOTF for the Chiefs organization? I personally don't think we'll ever know if he doesn't play. I know people want to win games, and Huard has done well to help lead us to a couple of come-from-behind wins. I will start out by saying that I will support whichever QB is on the field. I'm not here to compare the two of them. This is just some pros and cons I see in Croyle.

Pros:

Good arm
Good aim
Quick release
Mobile

Cons:
Poor decision making
passing off of his back foot

My cons list is shorter tha my pros, but these seem to be a couple of big items that can't be outweighed. However, these are things that can be improved. The question is if we are willing to give him the time he needs at the risk of a few losses.

I think there are too many impatient, frustrated fans who are colling for him due to Huard losing, and he's an alternative. These same fans who are calling for him to be put in wil be the ones criticzing him the hardest when he loses. This type of fan frustrates me. I wouldn't mind seeing Croyle start and us taking a few losses. However, I don't want to hear all the *****ing when we lose (IF we lose). Kind of a catch 22 on who to root for.

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Is Brodie Croyle the QBOTF for the Chiefs organization? I personally don't think we'll ever know if he doesn't play. I know people want to win games, and Huard has done well to help lead us to a couple of come-from-behind wins. I will start out by saying that I will support whichever QB is on the field. I'm not here to compare the two of them. This is just some pros and cons I see in Croyle.

Pros:

Good arm
Good aim
Quick release
Mobile

Cons:
Poor decision making

My cons list is shorter tha my pros, but these seem to be a couple of big items that can't be outweighed. However, these are things that can be improved. The question is if we are willing to give him the time he needs at the risk of a few losses.

I think there are too many impatient, frustrated fans who are colling for him due to Huard losing, and he's an alternative. These same fans who are calling for him to be put in wil be the ones criticzing him the hardest when he loses. This type of fan frustrates me. I wouldn't mind seeing Croyle start and us taking a few losses. However, I don't want to hear all the *****ing when we lose (IF we lose). Kind of a catch 22 on who to root for.

I am convinced that the QB / running game situations and "O" line are connected. The heart of the problem lies with the draft IMO. We ignored the holes to be filled on the "O" line in the draft. JMHO

luv
10-08-2007, 05:08 AM
I am convinced that the QB / running game situations and "O" line are connected. The heart of the problem lies with the draft IMO. We ignored the holes to be filled on the "O" line in the draft. JMHO
I definitely agree. I hope those holes get filled with the draft next year. But in the mean time...

Chiefster
10-08-2007, 05:14 AM
I definitely agree. I hope those holes get filled with the draft next year. But in the mean time...

In the mean time, givin our "O" line situation, I'm not it will matter who we start; this I have said since the start of the season.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:09 AM
I hope next year someone tells Herm that he will need to revamp a O line.

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I hope next year someone tells Herm that he will need to revamp a O line.

I have no doubts that he will be told. But then, I have no doubts that he was told this, before each of the last two drafts.

sling58
10-08-2007, 07:17 AM
I have no doubts that he will be told. But then, I have no doubts that he was told this, before each of the last two drafts.

True, I don't think he remembers that he can draft Offensive people also.

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:19 AM
True, I don't think he remembers that he can draft Offensive people also.

Well, he did surprise us wit a first round WR this year, but he has only drafted one O-lineman on the first day, of his seven drafts. And that one was a mi-third round pick.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't think we can rely on just the draft, I think we need to go out and pick up some good free agents, But no one that is 75 years old. And while we are at it, I think even though he is happy and content right now, Lance Briggs is still looking for a way out of Chicago, Lets go get him. Then find some other free agents to replace some of the mediocre people we have. Then coupled with the Studs we have. This team could be a force.

sling58
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't think we can rely on just the draft, I think we need to go out and pick up some good free agents, But no one that is 75 years old. And while we are at it, I think even though he is happy and content right now, Lance Briggs is still looking for a way out of Chicago, Lets go get him. Then find some other free agents to replace some of the mediocre people we have. Then coupled with the Studs we have. This team could be a force.

FA is the key to make this happen true. Get some proven players

wolfpack
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Since we are not going to fire the queen,hermmie,solari or curl 5 games into the season. Since we we cant find any good o-lineman 5 games into the season,and since we cant get LJ from his whinning 5 games into the season..... its easier to change QB`S. we will get beat with brodie playing but if we are going to get beat it might as well be the QBOTF,if he is.

sling58
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Since we are not going to fire the queen,hermmie,solari or curl 5 games into the season. Since we we cant find any good o-lineman 5 games into the season,and since we cant get LJ from his whinning 5 games into the season..... its easier to change QB`S. we will get beat with brodie playing but if we are going to get beat it might as well be the QBOTF,if he is.

Atleast he will get some experience and we will find out if the hype really is there.

wolfpack
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
since we cant fire the queen,hermmie,solari or curl 5 games into the season,since we cant find good o-lineman 5 games into the season and since we cant control LJ`s whinning 5 games into the season, the next best thing is to change QB`S. if he is the QBOTF let him play. we will get beat with him,but he`ll never learn from the bench, us or him.

chief31
10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
FA is the key to make this happen true. Get some proven players

That's what we have now. And the fact that there is absolutely no depth, is where having drafted a guy, or two, would have come in handy.

Not that I would ever suggest we rely entirely on the draft to fill-in our offensive line. I think you have to use all possible rescources. Had we taken the issue seriously, last offseason, then we would be seeing young guys, coming in behind these oft-injured starters, and possibly competing for starting jobs, if none had beaten out the current guys, before the season started.

Now, however, we have cut all of the viable backups, and are stuck with what we have left. It isn't working out too well, either.

luv
10-08-2007, 02:47 PM
You honestly think that Carl will outbid anyone for someone who's good yet young? Carl goes for the "deals", which usually includes older players. We might get some help from older free agnts, but I think any youth will come from the draft.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Huard hasn't been losing games for us. The problems are elsewhere.

luv
10-08-2007, 06:43 PM
They always are.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly, but need to make a change somewhere with what we got, and I think Broyle's arm is possibly our only shot at it.

Hopefully he will develop at lightning speed and lead us to a win in the West.

(Sorry guy, I just don't know what else to do at this point. It is the only change I see that can impact our offense.)

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
They always are.

Then what is the use of starting Croyle instead of fixing what is really wrong? I DO MIND getting a few losses due to his inexperience and don't want to see it until we are mathematically out of the post-season, if it comes to that.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Then what is the use of starting Croyle instead of fixing what is really wrong? I DO MIND getting a few losses due to his inexperience and don't want to see it until we are mathematically out of the post-season, if it comes to that.

What else is there to do at this point?

The coaching obviously isn't gonna change.

We are relying solely on our players now, and if they can't do it we are out anyway.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with that statement wholeheartedly, but need to make a change somewhere with what we got, and I think Broyle's arm is possibly our only shot at it.

(Sorry guy, I just don't know what else to do at this point. It is the only change I see that can impact our offense.)

Starting Croyle now is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. We need to find a turnicate (Priest) and stop the bleeding as much as possible until we can fix the problems we really have (o-line). Why create more problems for ourselves where there currently isn't one? We have enough to deal with as it is.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
If not now then when, even if we make it to the post season what good is it to get to the playoffs then lose in the first round. Lets see what Broyle has and if he does lose a few games due to inexperience so be it. We are going to lose some anyway with or without him. Dallas made a change at about this time of the year and still made it to the playoffs. If he is the QBOTF then get him in there if he isn't then get someone else and keep him as a long term backup. I for one am starting to tire of mediocre and 1st round playoff losses.

luv
10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
I was being sarcastic. Huard, to some people , can do absolutely no wrong. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Is it the oline's fault that it takes him forever to get rid of the ball? If our oline is the problem, then I would think we'd want someone with a quick release.

Anyway, I was thinking Brodie was starting next week due to Huard being injured. Have I heard wrong? I was going over some pros and cons to him starting.

I will support whoever is on the field, including their flaws. I just don't want to hear anyone whining when Croyle starts next year and we lose due to his inexperience. Most people will be calling for his head as well.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
If not now then when, even if we make it to the post season what good is it to get to the playoffs then lose in the first round. Lets see what Broyle has and if he does lose a few games due to inexperience so be it. We are going to lose some anyway with or without him. Dallas made a change at about this time of the year and still made it to the playoffs. If he is the QBOTF then get him in there if he isn't then get someone else and keep him as a long term backup. I for one am starting to tire of mediocre and 1st round playoff losses.

I'm tired of it too but you have NO CHANCE of winning in the playoffs if you don't get there first...

hermhater
10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Starting Croyle now is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. We need to find a turnicate (Priest) and stop the bleeding as much as possible until we can fix the problems we really have (o-line). Why create more problems for ourselves where there currently isn't one? We have enough to deal with as it is.

I like Priest too, but I don't think the running game is suffering because of LJ.

We need a mobile QB that can scramble.

The problem is with the line, and it is too late to fix that with new players, and the coaches are not getting the ones we have prepared.

Or as chief31 said they are doing their best and are simply outmatched.

The cure for that is to get a QB that doesn't look like he has a palsy every time he goes to throw a horrible pass, and is saved by his receivers.

Huards int yesterday was a terrible judgment call, but that will happen with any QB who is getting chased every time they step back to pass.

luv
10-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm tired of it too but you have NO CHANCE of winning in the playoffs if you don't get there first...
And when are we going to revamp the oline? This year? No. Do you honestly think we stand a chance with the likes of New England this year?

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm done defending my point of view on this. To me, going to Croyle now is an obvious mistake unless Damon is unable to play due to injury. I obvously like Huard and his abilities, decision-making, and pocket-presence. We are in enough disarray right now that we don't need to create more by pulling one of the few guys who is doing his job correctly, IMO.

But... Like I said: I'm done defending it. Put the kid in and let's all watch him get killed like Trent Green. It'll happen.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
And when are we going to revamp the oline? This year? No. Do you honestly think we stand a chance with the likes of New England this year?

Upsets can happen. That's why they play the games, luv.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Exactly Luv, why not revamp and start over. I don't care about getting to the playoffs this year, I would much rather get some new ppl and miss them this year and then get to them next year and win some playoff games, all because we took a chance and stayed out this year. You can't have a rebuilding year if you don't if you don't rebuild. Also Croyle or someone else has to be a new starter at some time. Why not now. Prolly should have started Croyle at the beginning of the year as it is now we have prolly ruined the chance of Huard being the great backup he is once we bench him. After being a starter is he really going to want to go back to being a backup. He is absolutely not the QBOTF.

luv
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm done defending my point of view on this. To me, going to Croyle now is an obvious mistake unless Damon is unable to play due to injury. I obvously like Huard and his abilities, decision-making, and pocket-presence. We are in enough disarray right now that we don't need to create more by pulling one of the few guys who is doing his job correctly, IMO.

But... Like I said: I'm done defending it. Put the kid in and let's all watch him get killed like Trent Green. It'll happen.
I'm glad you like his pocket presence, because he's certainly there long enough trying to decide who to throw the ball to. With our oline, the pocket is a dangerous place to have the ball.

If we make it to the play-offs, do we start Croyle next year, or let him whither away another year?

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:11 PM

PRIEST!!!!! (Maybe)

Get in the playoffs and anything can happen. We have been there with some great teams and lost, but you can't win it all without getting to the playoffs.

I was being sarcastic. Huard, to some people , can do absolutely no wrong. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Is it the oline's fault that it takes him forever to get rid of the ball? If our oline is the problem, then I would think we'd want someone with a quick release.

Anyway, I was thinking Brodie was starting next week due to Huard being injured. Have I heard wrong? I was going over some pros and cons to him starting.

I will support whoever is on the field, including their flaws. I just don't want to hear anyone whining when Croyle starts next year and we lose due to his inexperience. Most people will be calling for his head as well.

A) Yes, to some extent it is the O-lines fault that it takes Huard so long to get rid of the ball. He has been taking quite a beating. His strength last season was the ability to get rid of it quickly.

B) The "Croyle croud" likes to focus all blame on Huard and take away all credit as well. He is a loser with that set of rules, no matter what he does.

I like Priest too, but I don't think the running game is suffering because of LJ.

We need a mobile QB that can scramble.

The problem is with the line, and it is too late to fix that with new players, and the coaches are not getting the ones we have prepared.

Or as chief31 said they are doing their best and are simply outmatched.

The cure for that is to get a QB that doesn't look like he has a palsy every time he goes to throw a horrible pass, and is saved by his receivers.

Huards int yesterday was a terrible judgment call, but that will happen with any QB who is getting chased every time they step back to pass.

Here is a prime example. Huard throws the ball to where only the reciever can reach it and it was a horrible pass that he was bailed-out on, by his recievers, when they did what they are supposed to do.

And as for that interception, late in the game, I like how you assume that Huard didn't know what the play was, instead of blaming the reciever for running a wrong route. I don't know which is the case, but I would trust the veteran quarterback to know what play was called, before the second year reciever, who has trouble getting on the field, in what most have called a recieverless offense.

But, either way, assuming that it was Huards mistake holds zero credibility.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 07:22 PM
PRIEST!!!!! (Maybe)

Get in the playoffs and anything can happen. We have been there with some great teams and lost, but you can't win it all without getting to the playoffs.

A) Yes, to some extent it is the O-lines fault that it takes Huard so long to get rid of the ball. He has been taking quite a beating. His strength last season was the ability to get rid of it quickly.

B) The "Croyle croud" likes to focus all blame on Huard and take away all credit as well. He is a loser with that set of rules, no matter what he does.

Here is a prime example. Huard throws the ball to where only the reciever can reach it and it was a horrible pass that he was bailed-out on, by his recievers, when they did what they are supposed to do.

And as for that interception, late in the game, I like how you assume that Huard didn't know what the play was, instead of blaming the reciever for running a wrong route. I don't know which is the case, but I would trust the veteran quarterback to know what play was called, before the second year reciever, who has trouble getting on the field, in what most have called a recieverless offense.

Ok for the first comment. Priest. Yes I would love to see Priest back in, but do you really want him to get hurt again and this one to be a career ending injury. I want Priest back sharing a backfield with LJ but I dont know that I want him starting behind this line so he can get hurt again and then everyone says I told you so.

2nd On the O-Line hurting Huard. Agreed, I am saying bring in Croyle not because I think Huard is the problem, I feel Croyle has a better arm and can scramble better, But mainly I want Croyle in so he can get his starting reps in a year where we aren't going to get to the Super Bowl, if we even get to the playoffs. Lets take a down year and get the kid some snaps. Otherwise say he was a bust and get rid of him. Huard isn't Brett Favre, Lets get this kid in lets see what he can do.

3rd I am in the Croyle crowd but for the reasons stated above. I don't feel Huard is doing bad but he isn't going to be around long so why not take a bad year, make it a little worse and see if our future has a future.

B-Nut Out

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok for the first comment. Priest. Yes I would love to see Priest back in, but do you really want him to get hurt again and this one to be a career ending injury. I want Priest back sharing a backfield with LJ but I dont know that I want him starting behind this line so he can get hurt again and then everyone says I told you so.

2nd On the O-Line hurting Huard. Agreed, I am saying bring in Croyle not because I think Huard is the problem, I feel Croyle has a better arm and can scramble better, But mainly I want Croyle in so he can get his starting reps in a year where we aren't going to get to the Super Bowl, if we even get to the playoffs. Lets take a down year and get the kid some snaps. Otherwise say he was a bust and get rid of him. Huard isn't Brett Favre, Lets get this kid in lets see what he can do.

3rd I am in the Croyle crowd but for the reasons stated above. I don't feel Huard is doing bad but he isn't going to be around long so why not take a bad year, make it a little worse and see if our future has a future.

B-Nut Out

Alot of people don't realize that a young quarterback benefits alot by being on the sideline. Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub, Steve Young, Trent Green... the list is quite long and very high-profile.

Assuming that we have to rush him into action is kinda short-sighted, especially with an offensive line that has not been performing well.

I am willing to accept the QB change if it happens, but I, in no way, blame Huard for the inept offense, so far this year. Well.. I guess he deserves a bit of the blame, same as everyone else.

miles
10-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Anybody heard anything about Huard's status ?
How is he looking at this point for the Bengal's?
Thanks guys...great board.
GO CHIEFS!

chief31
10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Anybody heard anything about Huard's status ?
How is he looking at this point for the Bengal's?
Thanks guys...great board.
GO CHIEFS!

Chiefs unsure at quarterback after Huard injury (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80314f4f&template=with-video&confirm=true) 10/08/2007
Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard is awaiting test results on his bruised shoulder that will determine if he can play this week against Cincinnati. If Huard is out, backup Brodie Croyle will start.

from...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=KC

hermhater
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
PRIEST!!!!! (Maybe)

For the record, I don't blame Huard for the lack of a running game, and the pass was intercepted pretty handily. Couldn't see if the receiver ran the wrong route or if there was a miscommunication, or what. So I can not argue one way or the other.

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
For the record, I don't blame Huard for the lack of a running game, and the pass was intercepted pretty handily. Couldn't see if the receiver ran the wrong route or if there was a miscommunication, or what. So I can not argue one way or the other.

There was clearly a miscommunication. I just don't know who would be to blame. When you are dealing with rookie and second year recievers, there will be a certain amount of that. There are alot of plays, with alot of different routes and even Bowe was forced into a different position this week. He had to remember the No.2 recievers routes, for plays that was running no.1 reciever routes, the previous week.

Again, I can't say for sure that recievers were running wrong routes, but it is definitely a possibility.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Pros:

Good arm
Good aim
Quick release
Mobile

Cons:
Poor decision making

Luv,

You list 2 cons to playing the kid. I agree with your assessment, but even if you play him I don't know that you'll know if those can be improved. As Chiefster mentioned the issue is the O-line. If the pressure is coming, most QBs will make poor decisions, also if someone is in your face as the QB it is really difficult to step into your throw, thus you throw off your heels.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Luv,

You list 2 cons to playing the kid. I agree with your assessment, but even if you play him I don't know that you'll know if those can be improved. As Chiefster mentioned the issue is the O-line. If the pressure is coming, most QBs will make poor decisions, also if someone is in your face as the QB it is really difficult to step into your throw, thus you throw off your heels.

Agreed; good post!

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
There was clearly a miscommunication. I just don't know who would be to blame. When you are dealing with rookie and second year recievers, there will be a certain amount of that. There are alot of plays, with alot of different routes and even Bowe was forced into a different position this week. He had to remember the No.2 recievers routes, for plays that was running no.1 reciever routes, the previous week.

Again, I can't say for sure that recievers were running wrong routes, but it is definitely a possibility.

this play where the interception occured (and huard was injured) actually happened around the 10 yard line where i was. I saw it all, real good and was watching bowe from the start of the play. two receivers, one being bowe, lined up on the left side, they ran a cross pattern, but bowe ran into his own man and it slowed him WAY DOWN and wasnt able to get to his spot. I mean when they hit each other, it was hard enough to completely stop him. That was probably not caught on camera, cause like i said bowe was all the way on the left side running a cross pattern all the way across the field to the right side where all the action was, so you didnt see on camera what happened on the left side when he ran into his own man.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Luv,

We saw Huard do that throw on the interception.

31 and I have been discussing whether it was a bad route by a receiver or whether it was a bad throw by Damon.

It doesn't seem to be clear. I say Damon threw off of his back foot and wasn't able to get the ball to the receiver. He kind of floated it up there.

Since Damon is doing that right now, I have argued that we should go for a guy that can compensate for the lack of an offensive line (because it is too late to do much to improve it, we have been through all of that), by running the play action pass (bootleg whatever you want to call it) hence put in Broyle.

If he is Montana-esque then we should utilize it.

He made a lot of good decisions throughout his career.

I think Broyle can get out of the pocket and throw on the run.

He may be the only thing we have left.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Luv,

the o line isnt a great rushing o line...but they ARE NOT BAD AT PASS PROTECTIOn. They almost always give Huard plenty of time to pass. That isnt an issue for the pass SO FAR. What I like about Brodie is he doesnt give away where he is passing with his eyes....LIKE HUARD DOES...so he wont get so many balls batted down. I like his confidence, poise, and calmness to go along with his skill and ability.

I think it is best at this point to take the risk of putting him in to see what he can do. Yes, it is a risk...but risk is part of the game, risks are a part of life. No i dont think it is a HUGE risk, just a risk, one that we need to take whether Huard gets better or not.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
this play where the interception occured (and huard was injured) actually happened around the 10 yard line where i was. I saw it all, real good and was watching bowe from the start of the play. two receivers, one being bowe, lined up on the left side, they ran a cross pattern, but bowe ran into his own man and it slowed him WAY DOWN and wasnt able to get to his spot. I mean when they hit each other, it was hard enough to completely stop him. That was probably not caught on camera, cause like i said huard was all the way on the left side running a cross pattern all the way across the field to the right side where all the action was, so you didnt see on camera what happened on the left side when he ran into his own man.

Well that clears things up.

Good call 31!

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 01:51 AM
If he is Montana-esque then we should utilize it.

BLASPHEMY!!!

luv
10-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Luv,

He's also very mobile. If someone's in his face, he gets away from them. I don't think there's anything he does wrong that experience can't improve.

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Aw hell, lets just stick a fork in them.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:26 AM

- rep

BOO this man! :mob:

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 02:30 AM
- rep

Wow M0eF0e dropping negative rep for the REP KING...

That takes
http://thm.image.search.vip.re3.yahoo.com/image/24/3851714342 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dballs%2Bsteel%26ei%3DUTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26b%3D22&w=518&h=517&imgurl=www.savethehubble.com%2Farquivos%2Fimagens% 2Fgriffins_balls_of_steel.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.savethehubble.com%2Fhubbleho mage.htm&size=36.6kB&name=griffins_balls_of_steel.jpg&p=balls+steel&type=jpeg&no=36&tt=22,041&oid=e93bb4b93ab5ff28&ei=UTF-8)

luv
10-09-2007, 02:30 AM
- rep

Neg repping a mod? You're living on the edge. :p

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Wow M0eF0e dropping negative rep for the REP KING...

That takes
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dballs%2Bsteel%26ei%3DUTF-8%26js%3D1%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26b%3D22&w=518&h=517&imgurl=www.savethehubble.com%2Farquivos%2Fimagens% 2Fgriffins_balls_of_steel.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.savethehubble.com%2Fhubbleho mage.htm&size=36.6kB&name=griffins_balls_of_steel.jpg&p=balls+steel&type=jpeg&no=36&tt=22,041&oid=e93bb4b93ab5ff28&ei=UTF-8)

Neg repping a mod? You're living on the edge. :p

I was going to but I "have given out too much rep".

BOO that also... :mob:

luv
10-09-2007, 02:45 AM

Awww...

And I was one of them. I really need to hand out more rep. I just hardly ever think about it.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 02:45 AM

Huh...seems to me if you've given too much rep, taking away rep should free up more to give (to me of course):D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Huh...seems to me if you've given too much rep, taking away rep should free up more to give (to me of course):D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D

I second the motion! :lol: :D

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:49 AM

Yeah, like I really meant that. Geez. Lets rename this OverreactionCrowd.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:51 AM

Nah, it just doesn't have the same ring. I say nay.
:iamwithstupid: :beer: :toast2: :drunkhb: :lol:

luv
10-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah. You didn't mean it. Riiiiiiiiight.

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Nah, it just doesn't have the same ring. I say nay.
:iamwithstupid: :beer: :toast2: :drunkhb: :lol:

True. Chiefs and Overreaction go hand in hand.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 02:58 AM
True. Chiefs and Overreaction go hand in hand.

Sad that it has to be over reaction.

I want to be standing atop the division and scoring more points, than should be possible!

We have the defense that can do it, if we learn to tackle, and can dominate this division. As well we can dominate the division.

Believe it or not, we have the talent to do this.

This season is about 4 or 5 plays from turning around!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 03:00 AM
Am I overreacting by calling for Priest's return? That's all I want. Start freakin Drummond at QB if you want to at that point. Just make sure PRIEST gets the ball!!

Guru
10-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Sad that it has to be over reaction.

I want to be standing atop the division and scoring more points, than should be possible!

We have the defense that can do it, if we learn to tackle, and can dominate this division. As well we can dominate the division.

Believe it or not, we have the talent to do this.

This season is about 4 or 5 plays from turning around!

Careful there HH, you are treading awfully close to our coaching not being that bad.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Am I overreacting by calling for Priest's return? That's all I want. Start freakin Drummond at QB if you want to at that point. Just make sure PRIEST gets the ball!!

Bold prediction!

I hope it comes true!

Really think Priest will be in there?

Gives me chills!

Bring back the Chiefs!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Careful there HH, you are treading awfully close to our coaching not being that bad.

We have the ability to do it.

They are being un-utilized,

That being said, they have not done a really good job, or have they with the O line talent that we have?

Guru
10-09-2007, 03:12 AM
We have the ability to do it.

They are being un-utilized,

That being said, they have not done a really good job, or have they with the O line talent that we have?

I hear Oscar Goldman out there somewhere....

We can rebuild them
bigger
stronger
faster

EDIT- Oops, I said the R word.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:19 AM
I hear Oscar Goldman out there somewhere....

We can rebuild them
bigger
stronger
faster

EDIT- Oops, I said the R word.

I have post whored one too many.

I win?

:sign0153::bananen_smilies046::sign0098::beer::yah oo::toast2:

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Nite crowd!

Guru
10-09-2007, 03:22 AM
I have post whored one too many.

I win?

:sign0153::bananen_smilies046::sign0098::beer::yah oo::toast2:

NEVER!!!!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:23 AM
NEVER!!!!

'

Ever?

Guru
10-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Never say ever.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Never say Never.

Again!

Guru
10-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Again!

No No No NO

EVER

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 03:42 AM
He did it...

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 03:43 AM
No I didn't...

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 03:44 AM
The devil made me do it...

http://re3.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3343511945 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Ddevil%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=360&h=480&imgurl=www.paralada.org%2FEstonia_self%2FEstonia_h tm%2FSWgeekhtm%2FTheDevilGA%2FDevilGA03.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paralada.org%2FEstonia_self% 2FEstonia_htm%2FSWgeekhtm%2FTheDevilGA%2FDevilGA03 .html&size=29.3kB&name=DevilGA03.jpg&p=devil&type=jpeg&no=6&tt=1,873,519&oid=7622403da95ab09e&ei=UTF-8)

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:45 AM
He did it...

No I didn't...

Seems like an admission of guilt to me.

:sign0103::lol:

Guru
10-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Nobody did anything.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Nobody did anything.

We weren't talking about the O-line...

Guru
10-09-2007, 06:47 AM
We weren't talking about the O-line...

Neither was I.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I, too, would like to see Priest came back, but one man does not make or break a team; it is a collective effort - winning or loosing. It all still comes back to the "O" line. Why is it that LJ gained 1700+ yards for the second straight season last year and is not anywhere close to that average this year; even with his hugely inflated contract?

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I, too, would like to see Priest came back, but one man does not make or break a team; it is a collective effort - winning or loosing. It all still comes back to the "O" line. Why is it that LJ gained 1700+ yards for the second straight season last year and is not anywhere close to that average this year; even with his hugely inflated contract?

Do you want the novel?

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Do you want the novel?

Nah; just hit me with the condensed version.

luv
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Cliff Notes

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Cliff Notes

That'll work.

chief31
10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
this play where the interception occured (and huard was injured) actually happened around the 10 yard line where i was. I saw it all, real good and was watching bowe from the start of the play. two receivers, one being bowe, lined up on the left side, they ran a cross pattern, but bowe ran into his own man and it slowed him WAY DOWN and wasnt able to get to his spot. I mean when they hit each other, it was hard enough to completely stop him. That was probably not caught on camera, cause like i said bowe was all the way on the left side running a cross pattern all the way across the field to the right side where all the action was, so you didnt see on camera what happened on the left side when he ran into his own man.

Thanks. Usually when a quarterback throws to a place where there is no reciever, there was supposed to be a reciever.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Usually when a quarterback throws to a place where there is no reciever, there was supposed to be a reciever.

True, the ball is thrown to a spot were the receiver is supposed to be and often gets picked off when the receiver doesn't get there.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
True, the ball is thrown to a spot were the receiver is supposed to be and often gets picked off when the receiver doesn't get there.

No matter what the defense on the field looks like just before the snap, Huard is required to run the play that the coaches called in.

The players are getting hosed by the lack of coaching ability.

All the talk of how the players have to do their job, is baloney if they are set up for failure.

If you send a guy to a gunfight with a knife, you are just gonna get him killed.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
No matter what the defense on the field looks like just before the snap, Huard is required to run the play that the coaches called in.

All the talk of how the players have to do their job, is baloney if they are set up for failure.

If you send a guy to a gunfight with a knife, you are just gonna get him killed.

Huard said in a press conference that he gets a few audible options, sometimes. How often that is, I have no idea but I agree with you on this one. I think every QB in the NFL should have options to check-down to a run or exploit a possible hole in the defense with a pass.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Huard said in a press conference that he gets a few audible options, sometimes. How often that is, I have no idea but I agree with you on this one. I think every QB in the NFL should have options to check-down to a run or exploit a possible hole in the defense with a pass.

I will have to go and find that. I haven't seen it yet.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM

I wasn't trying to argue the point; merely making an observation.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Huard needs some audibles. We cant run the ball up the middle if they have 8 in the box. He needs to be able to change the play.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Huard needs some audibles. We cant run the ball up the middle if they have 8 in the box. He needs to be able to change the play.
How do you think Manning would be without audibles, my guess is average maybe even below average.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:35 AM
How do you think Manning would be without audibles, my guess is average maybe even below average.

Good point.

Guru
10-10-2007, 12:51 AM

you must be a readers digest subscriber.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:53 AM
you must be a readers digest subscriber.

Meh, USA Today.

luv
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM
From reading the surround texts, I'm guessing that an audible is when you change the play after the huddle but before the snap.

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:13 AM
From reading the surround texts, I'm guessing that an audible is when you change the play after the huddle but before the snap.

You got it.

When the QB steps to the line and sees a defense he doesn't like (say a rush defense on a rush play) he yells out something like "Crash Right Condor Spread!") to the rest of the offense.

The same holds true to a pass defense, or a one on one with a bad DB against an awesome receiver (DBo (how he signs his names in Canadas Photos) for one).

It is a chance for the QB to change the play that the coaches have called before the QB sees the defense.

It is basically telling your coach they are a dumb a$$ and to suck it!

So yes you are exactly right!

:sign0098:

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:15 AM

That would be it.

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM

Manning will get to the line and start yelling. Sometimes he changes the play sometimes not. He throws off the D well by doing so. The D has to try to figure out what is really going on when Manning does that.