PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Scott Pioli

#58ChiefsFan
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Every free agent we have picked up so far may not end up being a home run but he has made great strides in improving this team the past few days. He gets a lot of **** on here for what we see as bad moves, but you have to give him props. Couple a solid draft with what has been done and we will own the west again.

TopekaRoy
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I like every signing he has made so far. He didn't panic and overspend for a big name, and all of these guys should make us better. Now, let's fill some of the remaining holes in the draft and go win the AFC West!

matthewschiefs
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
It's like I said in a post before when someone was bashing the job Piolis doing. When Building a house you don't start with a big screen tv you start building the base of the house witch we did. Today we went for a big screen. And I must say it's a darn nice one GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AkChief49
03-17-2012, 07:59 PM
It's like I said in a post before when someone was bashing the job Piolis doing. When Building a house you don't start with a big screen tv you start building the base of the house witch we did. Today we went for a big screen. And I must say it's a darn nice one GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HD 1080p!!

Three7s
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
The QB is the freaking foundation iirc? BRADY QUINN WOOOOO!

/facepalm

I hate to be harsh, but come on. Pioli has done NOTHING special. The only thing I can acknowledge him for is the fact that he's admitted that our QB sucks by "trying" to go after Peyton Manning. Sadly, he gets Quinn instead. If the Chiefs crash and burn again, he's out.

matthewschiefs
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I am pioli's biggest critic but this has been a good offseason, its just sad that it took him 4 seasons in to do so. I still think letting orton go was a big mistake. If you dont want orton fine then get someone in there who is capable. Orton came in here with no practice time and had a better rating, record and YPG than cassel did. JUst imagine what we could do with a good QB

REP for being true to your word on if we signed Winston

AussieChiefsFan
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM

/facepalm

I hate to be harsh, but come on. Pioli has done NOTHING special. The only thing I can acknowledge him for is the fact that he's admitted that our QB sucks by "trying" to go after Peyton Manning. Sadly, he gets Quinn instead. If the Chiefs crash and burn again, he's out.

Just think how much he's improved the team since 2008

matthewschiefs
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM

/facepalm

Pioli went out and got the best player on the market in the biggest spot of need for this team. I would call that special. We were not the only team that had intrest in him we got him in KC and didn't let him leave. Quinn could be good he hasn't done much yet in the NFL but he's never been on a good team before. He now has his shot. It could pay off there is a upside. Manning didn't want to play in Kc for whatever the reason. He didn't just stand pat he went out and found anther arm.

chief31
03-17-2012, 11:27 PM
The Chiefs have filled most of their biggest holes this offseason, and the draft is yet to come.

Winston is the top player available, at our position of greatest need.

We got a backup QB with a whole lot of upside.

We added a quality TE for depth.

We replaced a great CB with a quality starter.

We locked up one of the best WRs in The NFL.

This has been a great offseason so far.

kckidd8870
03-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Im ok with what pioli has done in free agency the last few days.I agree Quinn has been on a terrible team.Give him a chance.Don't foreget about Stanzi,He didnt even get the playbook until real late,because of the lockout.I think Stanzi ,could be the real deal.He is the only qb in Iowa history,to every beat joe paul.three straight yrs.watch some of his video's.He is a good passer.nice touch.I like the kid myself.Kinda reminds me of tom Brady,tall skinny kid with a great arm.We will see.This really should be cassels very last yr.If he doesnt do anything this yr.with an upgraded line,and all the weapons he has.

matthewschiefs
03-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Unless flynn wants ****loads of money i dont see the harm in signing him. Pioli said he wanted qb competition for cassel, flynn would be the perfect suitor and is the best available QB at the moment. I guess this rules out signing hasselbeck : (

Flynn most likely wants to play with the coach he knows with the Dolphins That's where I see him going. And Flynn hasn't proved alot in the NFL either

whackojacko58
03-18-2012, 01:21 AM
brady quinn plus daboll plus crennel, give it time if nit stanzi will be our number two quinn three

TopekaRoy
03-18-2012, 03:21 AM
... Flynn hasn't proved alot in the NFL either

Oh, but he had that one game were he was really good, with the best team in the NFL around him. Remember, that one game? Just like that time when Kyle Orton beat that one team that had the best record in the NFL. They are both way better than Matt Cassel, because of that one game they had. Remember that one really good game? What more proof do you need?

ctchiefsfan
03-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Well, y'know.....

I have to tip my hat to Pioli. Eric Winston, Peyton Hillis, Brady Quinn....

WOW!!!

Pioli has restored my faith in him. And I don't mind saying that faith had been leaking worse than the Titanic.

If Berry, Moeaki and Charles can come back at 100% I think we have a team that is finally going to win a playoff game!!!!

And we still have the draft!!!!

I'm starting to think Pioli knows what he is doing and really does have a plan....

A plan that could make make the Chiefs THE dominant force in the AFC for many years to come!!!!

Being a Chiefs fan that lives in New England, I HATE the Splats, but it surely would be fun to replace them as the year in/year out favorite to go to the Super Bowl.

Perhaps the best part is that he has done it without "busting the budget". We're still going to have cap room to sign the guys that turn into stars.

I hated losing Carr, but the money he got was crazy.

Pioli seems to be building a young team where all the players are good but none are irreplaceable.

And in this modern age of $50 million contracts and Salary caps that is how you build a dynasty.

From my rose-tinted glasses, Scott Pioli is starting to look like the guy that could make being a Chiefs fan as much fun as it was back in the late '60s and early '70s.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

eggersonian
03-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Pick up some defensive players maybe a d-lineman and a linebacker in the draft and the Chiefs will be sitting pretty good!

matthewschiefs
03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Though he has played on a better team, he has proven a lot more than brady quinn

Based on what 1 game with the best offense in the NFL? It's easy for a QB to look good under those conditions.

KristofLaw
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Unless flynn wants ****loads of money i dont see the harm in signing him. Pioli said he wanted qb competition for cassel, flynn would be the perfect suitor and is the best available QB at the moment. I guess this rules out signing hasselbeck : (

He signed for 10 mil per year just about for one solid game as a backup on a quarterback development team. Seattle knows the history of signing Green Bay backups yet signed him anyhow.

As per Mr Pioli, thank you for the work thus far in the off-season. More please. :bananen_smilies046: :chiefs: