PDA

View Full Version : Peyton picks Donkeys

kylebigmac09
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Barring snag, Peyton Manning picks Denver Broncos, sources say - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say)

Of all the teams which could have signed him.. :beat_DeadHorse:

Nst88r
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
It ll be awesome to beat him twice this year! If he can play of course...

Donkeys will try to trade Tebow!

pojote
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm looking forward to those 2 games with Tamba and Houston pressuring a HOF QB, while Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Lewis and Berry are waiting to pick.

alexim58
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
IMO ... this could be a "dangerous" deal for Donkeys
They got Peyton and yes that upgrade them but how long could Peyton stays healthy, let's face it maybe AFC West isn't at his peak but for sure is one of the most hard hitting divisions out there. Now that "Tebow Time's Over" they really don't have a deep at QB. This remembers me cASSel sign at the time. Donkeys QB Cutler ask for a trade .. so know it's the same with Tebow.. so even Donkeys get a soon HOF that dosen't mean they will be 16-0. I belive that we are just a Good QB short to be a real force in or division, meanwhile we develop a true QB we have to deal with cASSel but this time he got no excuses .. he got more talent and there will be no "next year" for Him. IS now or never for cASSel .. I hope this brings a sprak to his play level.

KristofLaw
03-19-2012, 12:26 PM
The contract is getting finalized. I wonder what the numbers will be and what his cold weather, outdoor stats are. I had done something of a search and came up with little. Yes, it is going to mean that much more seeing him get whomped this year! :beat_DeadHorse:

dbolan
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Don't be too quick to wish bad things on Manning...You could eat a lot of crow over it. Remember, he is a HOF'er and can make many things happen in a bigger way than Tebow.

#58ChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Congrats to them, hope they get what they think they are. I'd be concerned if I were them and went all in for a supposed five year contract, take a look at the colts and see what happens when he leaves. No #2 qb has ever been successful behind him and now they will loose the three qbs they carried last year.

Dumbasses :beat_DeadHorse: :chiefs:

Ryfo18
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
If the Chiefs manage to win the division next year, it's going to be all the more enjoyable.

KCraised
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Enjoy the snow, a**hole

whackojacko58
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
peyton

matthewschiefs
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
BRING IT

Now we can make him pay for not even granting us a visit. Peyton meet mr Hali Johson houston

dbolan
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
BRING IT

Now we can make him pay for not even granting us a visit. Peyton meet mr Hali Johson houston

Like I said before...be careful with how much SMACK you talk...Manning has picked apart many of talented defenses in his time and while there may be some questions about his neck, etc I would tend to think that his mind is in tact, which is a very high strength of his.

Sick Dog
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't like it makes them more dangerous than with Tebow...but hey although the offense will be better with him he does not have too many weapons...I am surprised he went there than with some other teams that had more talent that wanted him??

70 chiefsfan70
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I welcome him to the AFC West. We can use this to our advantage, I would definately draft defense in the first round, say, Best available ILB Luke Kuechly or NT,Dontari Poe, I would not complain if they picked up a CB, Dre Kirkpatric.

The reason I say, we can use this to our advantage is that we are far better prepared to defend against Manning then the other AFC West teams are. This may pan out for the Broncos but I just don't see it. Manning was wanting far more money then I think he is worth, even if he was perfectly healthy and was not coming off of neck surgery.

This will finacially strap the Dockies for years, even if he is able to start every game.

Hali, DJ, and Houston got his number.

N TX Dave
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Like I said before...be careful with how much SMACK you talk...Manning has picked apart many of talented defenses in his time and while there may be some questions about his neck, etc I would tend to think that his mind is in tact, which is a very high strength of his.

Are you sure he choose the Broncos as the team to go to! I am sure it is old horse faces doing that got him there so he is still screwing us.

eggersonian
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
This could be a real tough year for anyone not named the Broncos in the AFC West. Hopefully the Chiefs running game is strong enough to bring victories.

70 chiefsfan70
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Congrats to them, hope they get what they think they are. I'd be concerned if I were them and went all in for a supposed five year contract, take a look at the colts and see what happens when he leaves. No #2 qb has ever been successful behind him and now they will loose the three qbs they carried last year.

Dumbasses :beat_DeadHorse: :chiefs:

Exactly, the colts paid him way to much, they put too much in one person, they had no money to give him a decent OLine, not much run game and no defense, you can only overpay a player so long till it wrecks the whole team, no one player is worth a tenth of the salary cap.

But good for Manning, he will get paid and I wish him well. I want to beat him fair and square.

kcvet
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
more than the 2 games we play them now

70 chiefsfan70
03-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't like it makes them more dangerous than with Tebow...but hey although the offense will be better with him he does not have too many weapons...I am surprised he went there than with some other teams that had more talent that wanted him??

I think the Chiefs defense is better set for a pocket passer then say a scrambler. Obviously Manning is a better passer then Tebowe is, but Tebowe will get better and Manning will go down hill from here.

KCraised
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
The contract is getting finalized. I wonder what the numbers will be and what his cold weather, outdoor stats are. I had done something of a search and came up with little. Yes, it is going to mean that much more seeing him get whomped this year! :beat_DeadHorse:

Who cares!? Its smack time! He disrespected this Organization by not even visiting for at least face value. Made Clark Hunt look like a chump. Plus, joining our bitter rival? Oh, its on now!

TopekaRoy
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
This is awesome!

Even if Peyton does get full strength/feeling back in his arm, I don't think he will be as good as he was, even if only due to the natural aging process. His offense is very complicated to run and it will take a while before the team gets it down. If they start out 3-5 and end the season 8-8 or 9-7, do you think the fans will be satisfied with paying $18 million per year for him?

Tebow will be gone (Would you rather have Tim or Stanzi as our 3rd QB? Just throwing it out there.)

They will have to use their first or second draft pick on a rookie QB, and we all know Manning's track record with developing young QBs.

I just hope Manning is still on the field when we play our first game against the Ponies!

Seek
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I think the Chiefs defense is better set for a pocket passer then say a scrambler. Obviously Manning is a better passer then Tebowe is, but Tebowe will get better and Manning will go down hill from here.

With the excpetion of the Chiefs losing Carr, They had no problems shutting down Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers last year, which in my opinion is a significantly better offense that he Donkies even with Manning. I also do think we have beat Manning before with no problems when the Colts were a premier offense.

I am not scared of this move, in fact. Kind of like how it will hamper the Donkies in the future. Manning was already showing signs of decline the two years before he had surgery, and may be closer to retiring than what he wants to believe.

I am glad the Chiefs did not get in a bidding war for Manning, and instead signed 4 Free agents in obvious holes that needed to be filled making this team better.

I still have hope, that the issues we have seen with Cassel is more of a result of Todd Hailey and not so much Cassel. I have seen games where Cassel was given freedom under Weis and he looked pretty dang good.

OPLookn
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
5 years, 95 million for Peyton is what I'm being told by a co-worker that's usually pretty spot on.

Manning may not have chose KC but he'll retire because of KC.

KristofLaw
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
So in and around 20 mil/year the Donks still have around 20 mil plus left on there collective cap available. Oh, and Tebow's got to be out to one would think, no?!

70 chiefsfan70
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
5 years, 95 million for Peyton is what I'm being told by a co-worker that's usually pretty spot on.

Manning may not have chose KC but he'll retire because of KC.

I would be very pi____d if the Chiefs paid him that kind of money.

I agree the Chiefs could have something to say about his retirement.

OPLookn
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
So in and around 20 mil/year the Donks still have around 20 mil plus left on there collective cap available. Oh, and Tebow's got to be out to one would think, no?!

And of that 20 million they need to keep about 10 to 12 million to sign their draft picks. Oh how Denver just over paid.

dbolan
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
They sure are geeked up over on the Broncos board!! lmao

Jrudi
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
I think this decision will backfire in Manning's face...Because he took so long to decide, many of the Broncos Free Agents have signed elsewhere, and they have missed out on a lot of top talent at other positions. This move may strap them, and I don't think they have that much talent to support him. I think of course they we be a decent team (look what he did to the Colts) but by no means do I think he is making them a Super Bowl contender with Erick Decker, and a 30+ year old running game...

Think this gives us even more reason to pursue Kamrion Wimbley! I know we have Houston, but what a pass rush if we added him to Hali and Houston!

C'mon Romeo, you drafted him, work your magic and bring him in!

ctchiefsfan
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Tamba Hali.....meet Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning.....meet Mr. Turf.

Bike
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Manning made a mistake here. He probably figures the afc west is the easiest route to the superbowl. He thought wrong. He's going from a nice cozy domed stadium to a frigid outdoor stadium a mile high up in the air. AND - he has to go against the Chiefs - twice. A team he wouldn't even visit. We will be so up for these games. Manning won't have a prayer.

KristofLaw
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
I noticed a twitter report scroll across earlier saying something like 'I guess there is something to Tebowing' - lol

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2012/03/peyton-manning.jpg

ctchiefsfan
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Help me out here.....

So I understand the Donks had something like $45 mill in cap room. And they just burned something like $19 mill of it. Leaves 'em with like $26 mill.

With that they have to pay all their draft picks and try to keep any FAs they have left.

Have I got that right?

If so, it seems to me like they are up against cap trouble for as long as Manning sticks around.

I understand they can trade Tebow, but unless they trade him for a waterboy I doubt it will free up much cap space. Maybe they would be better off just cutting him.

Seems to me like the Donks just stepped on a landmine.

Eydugstr
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Would hate to be in a Bronco's O-lineman's shoes right now. The team just invested $95 million in a post-neck surgery 36 year old QB. So what that means in there is that much more pressure on the O-line.

I like Peyton, but it's all media hoopla until the season starts. We'll hear about what a great job Pat Bowlen did, John Elway's magic touch in the front office, how happy the other broncos are to have him on the team, and fans jumping up and down....(Cue theme music from "The Natural")

After the media hangover wears off...It will dawn on the Broncos offensive linemen that the team signed a 36 year old post-neck surgery immobile QB, as opposed to Tim Tebow.

chiefnut
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
don't sell manning short, i'm sure you will find he is the same pre-surgery guy. that said as great as he IS, he only took the colts to one super bowl. the AFC West will be a better division this year. the CHIEFS have made major upgrades [assuming all the injured return to form]. the chargers will still be in the hunt, even the raiders will be better...but their record won't show it. i don't forsee denver finishing higher than third as it stands now.. that may change w/FA and the draft. I do expect the CHIEFS to win it this year, barring more injuries.

ctchiefsfan
03-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Old dogs still have fangs and I expect Denver to be dangerous this year. If he is healthy, Manning means they will almost never be out of a game unless they are down by 21 or more late in the 4th.

But we have a better team than they do and I expect we will take the division with at least 2 games to spare.

jap1
03-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I never really liked Manning ... I always knew he was a jacka$$ at heart!

Note: I have been saving that one for awhile now!!!

dbolan
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Manning took the Colts to 2 Superbowls.

matthewschiefs
03-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Help me out here.....

So I understand the Donks had something like $45 mill in cap room. And they just burned something like $19 mill of it. Leaves 'em with like $26 mill.

With that they have to pay all their draft picks and try to keep any FAs they have left.

Have I got that right?

If so, it seems to me like they are up against cap trouble for as long as Manning sticks around.

I understand they can trade Tebow, but unless they trade him for a waterboy I doubt it will free up much cap space. Maybe they would be better off just cutting him.

Seems to me like the Donks just stepped on a landmine.

Ya I think this is going to backfire on them. They have no Reggie wayne or Marvin Harrison and he's going to eat a lot of the cap room Not wise IMO

70 chiefsfan70
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Manning took the Colts to 2 Superbowls.

Manning was and still is good, but he is human and can't win by himself. How many of Mannings seasons ended with a playoff loss? I believe its 10. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Not taking anything away from Payton, but it takes more then one player to win a superbowl. The Colts payed him waaaaay to much and the whole team started suffering more year by year.

Chiefster
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Meh.

SBV_Eagle_Bull
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
peyton manning is in deep $hit now, he picked AFC west division. A division where rivalery is sacred. Dont be suprised if that neck injury starts to be a factor when the donkeys come to visit aarowhead. go CHIEFS

matthewschiefs
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
A video I made on this topic. Warning there is one curse word in the song said a number of times. If the A word offends you or If the mods feel it's not right for this site by all means delete this post.

Peyton Manning's Future - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS6NNF25hU8&feature=g-upl&context=G2c68112AUAAAAAAAAAA)

pojote
03-19-2012, 05:12 PM
A video I made on this topic. Warning there is one curse word in the song said a number of times. If the A word offends you or If the mods feel it's not right for this site by all means delete this post.

I almost dropped a tear watching Carr making those picks, but I'm confident that Routt will compensate + Berry Healthy

kcvet
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
this better work or Elway's an FA

matthewschiefs
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I almost dropped a tear watching Carr making those picks, but I'm confident that Routt will compensate + Berry Healthy

I prefer to look at all the other picks by flowers carr lewis arenas :D

2010chiefs
03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
The Broncos not playing the Giants at all this year also had alot to do with him picking the Broncos. Funny how he's too prideful to lose to Eli. He rather pick a team that won't play him and in a division he thinks is weak. We'll see about that! Watch out Peyton! Chiefs are gonna be tough! GO CHIEFS!

AkChief49
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
From here on let it be known said hated team(Donks) to be known as "Manning's Mules":chiefs::chiefs::lol:

Chief Concerns
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Personally, I don't see this working out for him. Our team is going to be unstoppable. Not sure how he's gonna like shooting for the wild card every year now.

:kc:

#58ChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Cool video Matt:bananen_smilies046:

ctchiefsfan
03-20-2012, 02:43 AM
VERY COOL vid Matt!!!! We are going to eat him for breakfast!!!!!! Manning will be gone by the end of 2012......2013 at the latest.

The Donkeys screwed themselves and manning did too.

raiderhater79
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
From here on let it be known said hated team(Donks) to be known as "Manning's Mules":chiefs::chiefs::lol:

I second that

dbolan
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Look like the Broncs did not do too bad on the $$ end of things.

Get $18mil this year with no injury protection and has to pass physicals in 2013 and 2014 to get the $20mil each year.

Peyton Manning, Broncos make it official: Five years, $96 million | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-broncos-official-five-years-96-million-155408265.html)